January 26

Wasn't this game only 25% finished last E3? Holy shit. Either Arksys is really good or the game is really shallow.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RfhcaQ_ekuU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's another generic Arcsys anime fighter but more floaty and with a DB skin. How hard can it be to put something like that together?

Well they gotta make completely new assets, voices, music, etc.

Apparently they have some season pass where you'll get "8 new characters." So they may be just trying to push the game out with a bare minimum cast.

In either case I hope all of them aren't from fucking Super.

I hope this isn't the case.

To be honest
I'd be ok with female saiyans, caba or Hit.

hell even power-of-love tumblr teletubbie would be fun.

I predict Master Roshi and Radditz next
Imagine Maafuba as a super where the character is sealed of use for a long time +damage

It's 24 base roster + 8 DLC down the line for a total of 32 in the first season.

If you know how count, and paid attention, you'd know this.

Expect 3 more reveals, showing the remaining 7 (we've got 17 currently):

Nov - 3 characters (Buu Saga)
Dec - 2 characters (OG Dragonball)
Jan - 2 characters (Movie Characters)

DLC will likely include 21 and a bunch of Super shit, as well as popular characters like Bardock. I don't see much of a point in bothering with it considering Super is garbage anyway.

Mr. Satan when?

I'm more concerned with getting too many samey characters since that's always been a thing that's plagued DBZ games. So, Personally… Zamazu/Black combo, and maybe Hit if they can make him play uniquely is as far as I would take it. Girl Broly can work as just a more fancy costume for the actual broly.

Cyborg Tao could be cool if they give him that dirty playstyle. And even Tapion could work as a 100% sword user. But I doubt they'll get in cause nobody cares about them.

I wonder if they will downscale Broly or treat him as 2 or 1 character(s). His Legendary form is nearly twice the size of Goku. Or maybe they'll give him the Iron Tager treatment and make him slow mobility wise but with powerful grapplers and a penetrating ki-blast so he can't easily be zoned.

This.

ASW has never been big on clone characters, and they've made a point to state that playstyle and moveset uniqueness is a priority when choosing characters, even over things like popularity. Which is reflected clearly in the latest reveals, Nappa and Ginyu.

Also, Tao has been officially deconfirmed.

What's curious, what we're missing is a straight up Zoner with strong Oki a la Venom/mu-12, I'm wondering who'll work that function, as not many characters fight like that in DB.

Same for the Guard Cancel character like Baiken/Hakumen. Tien could have been a good one cause of his beam reversal technique… Roshi maybe then?

I reckon he'll still be as big, just have slower mobility like Potemkin.

The DLC is very concerning, however if it's not Capcom tier kikery I can barely live with it. What most concerns me at this moment is the PC version having denuvo, Arcsys games don't have it but Bamco seems shitty enough to force it in.

Capcom fighter Z

This is a franchise with over a hundred characters that we are talking about user…Just wait for the inevitable Definitive edition.

Will weebs defend this?
Just because capcom has been shitting on your plate doesn't mean you need to praise someone for just pissing in it.

Thanks bamco. You always know how to kill any interest I have in your games.

Your math failure triggers me.
But yes, I'd rather not have my plate pissed on regardless of the figures. Pass unless they suddenly reveal Lunch and/or Oolong as playable.

Lunch is never coming back

I'm fine without an autistically large amount of characters
I just want it to be a good game.

No Chiaotzu no buy

That is 8 characters for the "first season" only (whatever the fuck that means)

Multiple season passes

Ah, so maybe Lunch WILL get in, but she'll be expensive paid DLC in the second season.

Because there's no such thing as a free Lunch.

Nice joke dad.

Have they said anything about multiple seasons? I thought they only announced one season. Not that I doubt it's a possibility considering the dlc trends these days.

It hurts.

First season pretty much implies there is going to be a second season pass

If we're getting (at least) two seasons' worth of extra characters, what do you think are the chances of Arale-chan getting in? Super confirmed she still exists in the Dragonball universe (and can easily beat up Vegeta, because gag manga.)

I realize that all my character hopefuls are pretty dumb in terms of power level/story importance/popularity, but ASW doesn't seem to care about that so much as interesting game mechanics. And damn it, I want to throw talking poo at my opponents.

Wouldn't that be swell

All their games are the fucking same.

Fuck I WANT the Kamikaze Fireballs.

They’re fighting games you retard the hell do you mean? Also it’s ArcSys. Stop combining Aksys and ArcSys. Better yet just go back to wherever it is you came from.

Post your PSN Addys I dont have a single friend in my circle that plays on Playstation

They may as well be the same shitty corporation because all they do is release awful localizations and the same game reskinned with different ips for over 2 goddamn decades.

Fighting games don't have to be all the exact fucking same SF2 clones that they have been for decades.

Given that "Fighting Game" is synonymous with "SF2 Clone": yes, yes they do.
Unless you're going to argue that Arms and Smash and Power Stone are fighting games.

Arcsys is actually pretty innovative within the strict bounds of the fighting game genre - indeed, they've made a lot of DUMB innovations that I would classify as "daring experiments that didn't work", like that one Guilty Gear where you had to press a button to turn around, or pretty much every mechanic in Blazblue.

Though in this case, the reason people are hyped is BECAUSE it's a combination of familiar things: they took Dragonball, with incredibly faithful presentation that looks just like the anime, and combined it with the MVC formula. And timed it perfectly to come out right after Capcom completely fucked up the newest MVC. That's not hard to understand.

Virtual-On is a fighting game.

no

yas

Well, if Virtual-On is a fighting game then Arms is too. But if Wikipedia is an accurate source, that also means that Gamergate is a terrorist cell and there is no such thing as Cultural Marxism.

I understand your point in that it's still a Game that contains Fighting, and that the genre really should be called "2D 1v1 Fighting Games", but the fact is that the term "fighting game" in general usage most definitely means "SF2 Clone".

Arms is a fighter tho. Virtual-On, Gundam Versus and Arms fall under the arena fighter sub genre.

arms is a fighting game. People have consistently referred to virtual on as a fighter too.

Why wouldn't Arms be a fighting game?

If ArcSys thinks they've got enough material to justify SSB Goku/Vegeta being separate slots instead of alt costumes I think they could do a decent job with Goku Black, despite being a literal Goku clone. Give him some kind of stance system where he switches between unarmed/Ki blade/magnificent pure EDGE Ki scythe (SSR as a transformation similar to Golden Frieza I guess. Or not.)

same reason autistic crpgfags whip out their "well ackchually's" when you say JRPGs are RPGs.

I want to Lunch that ass

The female characters are probably the only good things left in this tournament of power since they actually fee like there was thought put into their designs, compared to the male ones. Monna would fit the fat girl character better since she's a trash talker. Too bad they already gave someone before a roll ability, even though hers' seems better.

I liked them better when hey were human.

Because we have 24 characters on the base game which for the first iteration of a game is very good, considering that typically you're lucky to get past 15.

Because it's a confirmation that they're gonna keep supporting the game post release, and that the roster will be a lot larger than I initially expected.

Because it's a sign that they won't be forcing you to buy a new edition of the same game to get more content. You can just buy the parts you like.

Because it's clear this is stuff they got planned to work on POST release considering currently revealed characters are unfinished, meaning it's not cut content kikery.

Because DLC has to be popular stuff to sell, meaning most of it will be Super-shit, meaning, I can skip on buying most of, while also remaining assured that the base roster will have legacy stuff over Super trash.

Because the cost per character is at $4, which is lower than GG Xrd, and lower than the Smash 4 DLC which was praised by all you retards for being "good."

The only issue I have with the DLC is that the Season Pass isn't part of the Collectors Edition. Maybe, instead of people having a knee jerk reaction to any and all DLC without considering it's implementation, they should pause for a second, and complain about the ACTUAL bullshit going on, in hopes of changing it.

I'd say she'll be in the game probably as an easter egg or a secret gag character.
Hell,even in fusions she could get 2 fusions with 18 and that girl from Xenoverse and she didn't do anything to the story,she just stood on a map doing nothing.
I wonder if she's THAT popular on Japan or Bamco just shoves her in because japanese humor.

Fighting games still exist? Huh.

>>>/cuckchan/

Let the brainstorming begin:

Mafuuba, Muscle transformation, master kamehameha
has a jetpack. Dynamite. Assist specials from his disciples and reporter/cameraman. Majin Buu comes for his lvl 3 command grab and thinks he's hurt/he feigns death. Capsule Corp raygun.
He monologues on the intro alot.
Lvl 3 fuses them, like golden frieza
zamazu is keepaway, goku black is assist from specials. He'll be the morrigan of MvC3 of DBZ
like the vampire of Guilty Gear or Elizabeth from P4AU, he doesn't really lose, he just applauds as you bested him in a skirmish/training when downed.
Lots of flamboyant attacks, with and without stick. elegant, fights with fingertips, staff, hips, doesnt really try fighting.
Lvl 3 turns back time
Great Saiyaman alt costume with unique intro/outro
His range substantially increased from teen gohan. Very cocky and arrogant.
he builds meter really fast and can Ex-skill specials with meter. high skill cap, very technical, very strong
kamikaze ghosts attack is a lvl 1, and you want to spam it to keep pressure going
is either always at Super saiyan 3 or he turns into super saiyan 3 with lvl 3 special empowering him
tricky, fast, hard to hit, lots of annoyance and technical pressure. Substantially strong with the right assist as front character
turns into giant monkey with lvl 3 super
He is a meter whore. he uses a lot of meter to keep pressure. He's the Vergil of Dragon Ball FighterZ. monkey form is insane damage. Good 2nd character to go with someone that generates meter easily. Tail command grab must be part of moveset. His personality is "all out" and so is his playstyle.
Uses the stick for pokes and long range like Strider Hyru full screen slash
Nimbus cloud for dragon rush
Also turns into monkey, but its just a lvl 1 super devil trigger
Young Bulma assist special with bike. Launch Assist Special with machine gun. young krillin assist special anti air.
Stick is very versatile. Can be used to pogo towards the enemy, reflect, and poke from long range. he's a good front character like Trunks or Number 18
although strong he has low HP due to just being kid goku. Very good character if you know not to get punished and play safe and know when to go in

It should be noted though that vanilla MVC3 came with 36 characters on launch not counting Shuma and Jill, so even with the dlc the roster is still smaller than a game released in 2011.

Your Roshi moves suck, let me show you how we do it.
Specials
Supers:
Now we have maximum representation of Master Roshi's repertoire while putting a unique spin on his fighting style, except for mafuuba which I excluded because it would kill him and I personally don't find suicide techniques fun.

Yes, but that's the 3rd installment in a series, and it had assets it was able to recycle.

This is the FIRST installment in a series.

Compare it to the first MvC. Or to any other first entry.

12 characters
27 characters, 7 of which were clones
8 characters
18 characters
19 characters
27 character
13 characters
15 characters
12 characters
15 characters
12 Characters
9 characters
15 characters
9 characters
29 characters

I think you get the idea.

It's the quality of the characters that counts most of all, not the quantity. Trying to fill a quota of characters without building up the roster over the years, just winds up with you having a bunch of shallow clones. I'd rather have a smaller roster like Skullgirls, where each character has a ton of depth to them, than a super bloated one full of samey characters.

wtf, I hate every fighting game now!

Wtf modern devs?

2 games with reused 2d sprites compared to a 3D game with at most 6 reused models from TvC. Still 30 characters modeled new with the only reused resources being the movesets from prior games plus some additions

Yes, and movesets completely built and balanced after years and years of playtesting and fine tuning you retard.

MvC is also a crossover game where half the stuff came from Capcom fighting games.

And this game's movesets are a remix of Extreme Butoden's which came out in 2015, I will give you however that Yamcha, Tien, and C16 were only assists in that game and their movesets are original in this one. My point being was people will see that the roster is smaller than MVC3, plus the season pass being announced 3 months in advance will and has turned some people off of the game. The game still looks good but the DLC should still be suspected, and arguments such as "every other company is doing it so it's okay" does more to hurt the game than help.
How rude.

Yeah, and people are stupid.

They understand fuck all about fighting game development.

Mafuuba doesn't kill him
It simply uses alot of energy
He used it twice before trying to use it on Frost.

This user has it. The Mafuba was a suicide move for those without the stamina to survive it.

I'm disappointed

Oh fuck

forgot Garlic Jr.

I want to play as Turles.
He's my favourite.

but that's just Evil Goku

He was Goku Black before Goku Black was a thing.

who

People ARE stupid user, for every 1 person who wants to discuss/express concerns about DLC you have about 100 MVCI shills baiting for you to say the wrong thing so they have ammo to shit on the game because they would rather have both games dead then learn fighterz.

Divine taste detected

I know, that's why I said Evil Goku

Ninja Storm is better

The only Saiyan I want is Kid Goku.

I still remember watching OG Dragonball when I was 6, well before Z ever came out or even got popular, and him being my absolute favorite character on TV.

Nimbus Cloud, Janken, Power Pole, OG Kamehameha, Afterimage Technique, and with 165 chapters of various fights, he's got tons of stuff to go by.

OG Dragonball has always been my favorite part of the series. There's no character I want to see more than him, jist purely for the nostalgia factor:

youtu.be/RfhcaQ_ekuU

Gay.

I miss the Budokai system, where you could power up, transform and fuse in the middle of battle.

Budokai isn't a competitive fighter. If you want that, play Xenoverse.