Despite having steadily played online multiplayer team-based games...

despite having steadily played online multiplayer team-based games, inluding MMOs and MOBAs: types of games that highly encourage and award being social, and playing with friends for YEARS; i have no friends.

I just dont understand how you make friends in online games, i hate talking over mic, and most people are just shit at the game in general, and therefore i dont want to play with them.

how do i stop being a massive autistic sperg with social anxiety, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/graveyard/35650748/images/1414099417959.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

From experience, making friends with randoms is only really possible when you're young and not jaded. I still have my friends I made 10 years ago and thank God I do. I wouldn't want to befriend any nu-shitgame players anyhow.

You want the truth?

Come to /tg/. We do the "friends who play games together" better than Holla Forums. Play Tabletop, dump $400 in Wargame miniatures or Magic Cards, or spend $10 on dice and join an RPG. Plus you'll meet people in real life.

You're never going to find quality friends through video games. At best you luck into someone with better taste than you with a good sense of humor and fucking about. MOBA's definitely are not going to spawn anything close to that.

Stop being a faggot. Stop caring. Play better video games.

Find a tabletop game store, find out if they have a room for playing. If they do, either find a scheduled game they run, or bring your own. Go meet people face to face, and learn to not sperg over shit, instead learn how to work shit out with others.

You'll meet more faggot hipsters than anything else. The sort who have 50 paragraph long backgrounds, or the sort who state that it's optional. Don't play tabletop games, they're fucking dead, video games are superior in every way.

*the sort who state that roleplaying is optional

i love videogames and unironically love Holla Forums but this is the right answer. groups of Holla Forums players never, ever last for a number of reasons, and best case scenario you'll have people on your (((steam))) friends who you never talk to and eventually delete. worst case you'll end up actively hating them and this place in general. tabletop games, even when done over voip, simply lend themselves better to playing with strangers because the assholes and incredibly annoying memelords get weeded out really quickly and either leave because the cost of admission is too high (vis a vis learning a game's system simply to troll and be a fag) or leave because they are kicked out of the group. also 5e is gay and eclipse phase is great

I think you're lost, NeoFag.

i have never played an actual like pen and paper game, im afraid either my autistic tendencies or fetishes would seep into it, and id end up making a THICC goblin shortstack whore that sucks 10 dicks a day or some shit

Ah, then you should play Pathfinder. you'd fit right in.

Your imagination isn't your only limit. The other players are a limit as well. For instance, you won't be able to capture brigands and acquire bounty money when you're surrounded by chaotic good edgelords.

Trying to find friends through a specific hobby is pretty full on retarded. You're too autistic to not end up hating them for their trash taste usually. If it was anywhere but here I may recommend it but there are absolutes of trash.

Honestly, aside from the graphic detail, as a DM I wouldn't bar you from having "Prostitute" as a profession, especially if you used it creatively and used it in roleplay well. Just keep your fap matieral off the table and don't let me hear you fapping on the mic.

A good DM would Alignment slide those assholes damn fast for executing helpess humanoids.

if you can't convince a chaotic good (read: doing the right thing by any means necessary) character that cleaning up the streets is the right thing to do, you fucking suck at RPGs

how autistic are we talking?
i remember being in a thread several years ago on /mlp/ where they were doing a join venture with /tg/ to make a tabletop pen and paper RPG called poor unfortunate foals but i never got to play it, even though i wanted to. there is at least still this playbook or whatever
>suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/graveyard/35650748/images/1414099417959.pdf

You clearly don't know how to /tg/.

Not fucking surprising. This is why you do not want to meet friends of similar hobbies.

i found like a 'podcast?' of some people play testing it, im gonna listen to it tonight, see how it goes. i think even some of my monster/boss designs were added to the bestiary

Chaotic/Lawful is more of a representation of your view on the right to rule, and society in general, and in fact it's a descriptive statement, not prescriptive. Robin Hood is a posterboy for this.

During Prince John's reign, he is chaotic good, doing everything he can to undermine the usurper's tyranny, while helping the oppressed peasantry as best he can. As soon as King Richard returns however he halts his brigandry, as he sees Richard to have the right to rule, and his law as just. Nobody has a hard and fast alignment except maybe Paladins and Clerics who have to strive to uphold their God's ideals of conduct.

Good DMs don't exist apparently. I was hoping to make good use of my nets and capture at least one of the cattle thieves. Nope, right after netting one of them, some generic ranger faggot shoots the guy straight in the fucking head.

Roleplaying was completely optional, if that. It all boiled down to mindless dice rolls. Faggot game master didn't even describe a single fucking thing. Didn't know who I was with either, but I assume they were chaotic good.

Sounds like a pleb group to me. I have no idea why people that non-creative would even be playing aside from big bag terry.

Don't go and say it's an isolated incident either. The majority of people playing shitty tabletop games are like this. People who are neither thespian faggots like the people playing Vampire and such, nor are they the people playing OSR.

I wouldn't contend that, just happen to have good random games at the pub. Shithole is full of hipsters but we're in the back having the most fun. Nothing has changed since ever.

contest

no one has suggested a way to actually make friends yet…

sign up for Meetup.com, it's the one site that will get you meeting people and doing things, including tabletop.

It's basically Facebook Events, but more public, and less Your Mom's Knitting Circle.

Nowadays those games have matchmaking and dungeon finders which generally kills community formation and forming friendships.