I need some story rich games that aren't triple a. Post recommendations please

I need some story rich games that aren't triple a. Post recommendations please.

Other urls found in this thread:

newgrounds.com/portal/view/643636?id=643636
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Final Station and Underrail

Depends if Ice Pick Lodge is AAA to you.

Define a story rich game.

The term is self explanatory. Go try to seem intelligent somewhere else.

Did someone say bugs?

No it isn't you fucking autist. People can't see into your mind.

Go play Gone Home for a STORY RICH GAME.

Story rich by my definition is a game that is filled with lore and a story, things to think about after playing the game which make you want to replay to find all the little things you missed.

So any more suggestions? I need games to play and I'm running out of them in my steam library.

You will like sunset, gone home, dear esther and night in the woods. Now go choke on SJW dick some more

Too bad hyper light runner was ruined by its gameplay. How hard is it to just use a Seiken or Ys system? APPARENTLY IT'S REALLY FUCKING HARD FOR INDIE DEVS.

Pathologic could be a short story of 35 pages. That being said the dialog is only that good because Russians who aren't drunken lumberjacks aren't being dumbed down by their society like in the west.

Yes this was ok. The fact they always danced around the plot so you just saw it in your periphery was the best part.

My rec is OS2. It has Growlansereque battle system, good music, and an alright story to follow. Lore is p.deep too.

Yes this.

Ha jokes on you, SJW's castrate themselves because they don't want to be a part of the patriarchy.

The Marathon series
You can play the whole trilogy for free using the Aleph One sourceport engine, make sure to read PCGamingWiki on how to increase the FoV so you don't get motion sickness

I remember playing that 20 years ago. In how Halo 1 was good at multiplayer, Marathon was good at DEEP LORE

that = these*
1,2,Infinity

I don't feel like playing games about leon trotsky

The Trails series is filled with story.

It says I need to make another .mml file and I keep right clicking and going down to create a new item in that folder but I can't find a .mml file. Any help with that?

you just make a .txt file, insert the necessary code, and rename it as FOV.mml
alternatively you can copy-paste one of the existing .mml files in the folder, replace the text inside with the FoV code, and call it FOV.mml
if you're going to play the other games, make sure you copy FOV.mml to the folder of each game

Thanks

Good thing it's not about that then.

No, the story benefits too much from the gameplay.

Undertale

Also LISA
Hollow Knight
Freedom Planet
Furi
Hotline Miami
Papers, Please
Primordia and other point'n'clicks from them
Va11-Hall-A
Zero Escape trilogy for PC
Possibly Emily is Away (haven't played it yet)
Possibly ICEY (haven't played much yet)
The Talos Principle if you consider Croteam indie

And while my first post was semi-ironic, it actually does fit your criteria pretty damn well if you ignore the fanbase and memes

What's wrong with HLD's gameplay, aside from its shitty camera usage?

that was the worst part. none of your actions felt like they had meaning. the first three hours of the game you're running around as this lego-headed beetle-looking motherfucker and there's no explanation as to who he is, what is, what the fuck he's doing fucking around in hallownest, why he's there in the first place, or why everyone in the game is a bug aside from the devs being too fucking lazy to learn what human anatomy is.

also, the sprites suck ass and the voices are incredibly irritating, fuck cornifer in his cornhole forever and fuck you too

Pic related. Hard West looks good but I haven't played it yet.

HM has a ton of story.
Don't see how Valhalla or especially LISA are sjw.

It is if you believe Holla Forums will love you if you call everything shit.

I'd blame that on the shitty camera. It moves around trying to give you a nice scenic view, but in doing so it also drags away your cursor, fucking up both your firing and dash aim.
If the camera was stuck onto the character (or the cursor moved together with the character), then I don't think the mouse aim for dashing would be an issue.

nigger where do you think you are?
Plus there are no story-rich games in AAA.

kys, your criticisms are shit.
I found the sprites to be lovely and beautiful, especially with how well the inking was done, and the voices were very easy on the ears.
What now, you little contrarian fuck?
Provide some real reasons and examples of you not feeling like you had any meaning?

There's legitimate criticisms to the game, but spouting profanities next to the word "bug" and having the verbal capacity of a nigger doesn't do you any favors at all.

Some examples of your actions having high levels of meaning:
Your defeat of the mantis lords, and how it changes the entire fucking area as a whole
You being able to control multiple NPCs lives in your actions, especially in Zote's, Bretta's, and the Blacksmith.

You changing the entire first area of Hallownest after killing the first dreamer, and inadvertently and very likely turning Myla hollow by that point**
You finding the fucking Stag Nest and giving hope to the last of a near-extinct race in Hallownest

Being a link between the 3 separated nailmasters and their own missing master
and more that I'd have to think more about

And yes, there is no initial explanation of why he's in Hallownest and who or what he is. That's part of the mystery of the fucking game user. If you haven't bothered to listen to character dialogue, pay attention to item descriptions or background, dream nail any NPCs or unusual enemies, or pay attention to certain bosses then why the fuck do you think you're entitled to speak on the story of Hollow Knight?

I will admit that Hollow knight's story isn't "story-rich" in traditional narratives though, and if that's more of what you want then its understandable why you didn't like the game very much. Its story rich, but in a non-traditional way.

The sprites are literally from a cheap flash game, what are you talking about?

Dark souls

oh god, neogaf is here.

filtered

We're reaching critical levels of not an argument here

Are you fucking stupid?
newgrounds.com/portal/view/643636?id=643636
It was the game made by the developers prior to Hollow Knight. In Flash. Using the same sprites. If this is the intellectual capacity of Hollow Knight fans it's no fucking wonder that turd got such a rabid following.

But user he filtered you, that means none of your meany "facts" can affect him anymore :^)

kek, willing to bet I made the right decision

Oh, he actually did, what a pussy.

You're reaching for a "killer argument" because you got repeatedly BTFO'd on all fronts in other threads. Sad!

Textbook.

He pointed out that Hollow Knight just uses the generic cheap-ass flash art style.

I don't know how the average person looks at it, but when you've played plenty of flash games it starts to look cheap as fuck. Hollow Knight is no exception, and it doesn't matter that they slapped some particle systems and lighting on there.

You're filtered too lad, saging and defending a loser shitposter with 2 sentences of greentext longer than his original post isn't an argument either, cuck

Not saying they can't, just saying that it's foolish to claim that the visuals of the game are revelatory or have some deep artistic skill behind them. You're splitting hairs, anyway, the other assets may not be reused but the visual style is nearly identical. The parts that weren't reused were the backgrounds, and the pussy specifically mentioned the sprites.
Are you implying I would willingly post in a Hollow Knight thread with you faggots?

If you say so. I haven't touched a flash game since 2011 or so. That's still a
argument in a thread about "story rich games"

How would you know, you filtered him? :^)
The sentence was actually a better point than the video might have been. Wasn't even a shitpost it was objectively shit
Good god the irony. I'm having a laugh right now.

Doesn't really matter when you were defending the game's art style a moment ago.

nigger that was meant to show off the argument was shit
All he said in essence was
"xyz is shit"
and my counter to it was
"I loved xyz, it isn't shit" because that's a shit-tier argument
The real meat of the actual argument was in the rest of the fucking post

If you're not willing to argue that xyz isn't shit, then why not just say that instead?
If you don't want do address criticism, that's fine. But if you suddenly backtrack on the relevancy of the subject the moment you get some then you're just trying to project your opinions without actually addressing anything.

Nigger I wrote a wall of text on the fucking story and a retard focuses on one line of obvious shit-posting to post an e-celeb video at me with another shitpost-tier line of greentext in it

If that's what counts as "shit-posting" to you then you can't shitpost worth a damn, and I don't have to take that from someone who posts DeviantArt images. No fucking idea who 2pFreeGames is anyway.

Ori and the Blind Forest is better

for a bit i thought Holla Forums would've actually not ironically recommended that trash

How are any of these story rich?

He also said he wanted games.

Come on user, you could at least try to find a decent image.
The trap meme was a mistake

Fuck being spoonfed a story. Play Stalker and MAKE ONE.

Between plot, characters, and gameplay you can have two out of three:

Pic 1 has great characters and plot but no gameplay, pic 2 has a great plot and some gameplay, pic 3 has great characters and some gameplay.

HM1 builds the lore, HM2 has a SHITTON of story and different pespectives.
Furi does have a story and constant dialogue, but it's also lore-like and implicit.
Talos Principle has kilometers of optional logs and conversations.
Maybe I'm wrong about Hollow Knight, though.

op should play AA release nier automata

what if the hotline miami story is retarded and shit, which it is

come on dude put more effort into it

That wasn't in OP's suggestions, though. :^)
Anyway, fuck the AA indies and go for VNs if you want story.
Play Ghost Trick, Ace Attorney and Zero Escape, come when you finish every game in the series.
Also play TWEWY, Time Hollow and probably a whole bunch of other DS games and older RPGs.
Dunno why you're so fixated on AA games for the story.

please don't like hotline miami for its story, and don't like hotline miami 2 for any reason.

he wanted non-AAA games, AA is not AAA so there's your answer retard

You sound rather upset user.
Glad to see I didn't make a mistake filtering you.

Best stories are usually AAA, though.

not really, modern AAA in particular hasn't really produced anything of merit in 10 years when it comes to single player games.

Now this is bait

If OP ends up liking those games they'd probably love Danganronpa too since in order to enjoy Zero Escape or TWEWY they wouldn't be the kind of person that cares too much about plotholes.

What are some AAA games that you think have good stories? I can't really think of anything unless MGS counts which is still pretty mixed.

Why would I be upset that you're a pussy? If anything I'm glad that you have to filter me a second time.

MGS would count, and there's parts of its story that people can call poor quality, but there's also a lot of points of solid merit.

ZTD is shit, but I'd never compare ZE as a whole to Danganronpa.

Everybody look at the idiot who can't read good.
Haha

Odin Sphere

Here's your last (you) friend. Maybe next time make a point of your own rather than relying on jewtube videos and "zinger" one-liners.
I bet you haven't even played the game either, nothing you've said even shows you've done something as basic as that to judge whether a game is good or bad.

I'm really not, you filtering me isn't going to make me less right. If anything it vindicates me, since seeing ONE post was so irritating to you that you couldn't even just ignore it.
I played about five hours of it, although that's not really necessary to see that the game is ugly. Because of the flashgame-tier sprites.

Holy shit, that was beautiful.

is what gets me