Since it's close to Halloween, what are some spooky, weird, old PC games like pic related?

Since it's close to Halloween, what are some spooky, weird, old PC games like pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/game/waxworks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Trying to get old PC games to run is pretty scary.

This is true

GOTEM

SHUT DOWN THE THREAD NERDS

Bump

This game is a technical masterpiece considering the time.

the only thing that bothers me about this is how slow the roach moves. The North American Cockroach can run at about 50 body lengths per second. For perspective, a human running at 50 body lengths per second would be running at about 200 mph.

I started playing Shadow Man. Atmosphere is really good. Movement is kind of fucked up, I slide around at times but at other times I can move normally. I think it might be because the game is running at 60 fps instead of 30? Also running it windowed and 4:3 since widescreen decreases view area.

I remember having an audio problem and being able to fix it pretty easily with a download. Didn't have any other problems with it though.

roaches irl won't be speedrunning all over the place like sonic if its an area that is new to them.
They move slowly and feel the air with their antennae so they don't get themselves into a bad situation. Yes, they CAN move really fast, but for the purposes of exploration, they do not.

Holy shit m8, just installed that on Steam and am about to give it a go. No idea what to expect.

Waxworks is worth a shot op.

gog.com/game/waxworks

Put about an hour into it and got to day two. Holy FUCK this game is weird. It's like Tim and Eric meets Mr. Show meets Holla Forums meets Sega CD.

What the FUCK am I even playing?

It's really weird and was controversial for the time, you might wanna use a walk through as there's a lot of bullshit text adventure stuff in it

It's just gonna get weirder from there

The game doesn't hold for repeated playthoughs, but it is quite the ride the first time through I would say the parts of the game before entering the lodge are the best

god damn

Fatal Frame 3 and Silent Hill 3. Both for that one room, you know which one I am talking about.
The closet with storage chest and the hospital room with the giant mirror.

Bump

Dark Seed. Adventure game that HR Giger was involved with. Haven't played it but it seems like what you're looking for.

I've always preferred the sequel to the original just because of how cheesy it is

The sequel is way more entertaining. After the last game, the protagonist becomes a neurotic manchild who tries to solve the murder of his gal-pal who fucked everyone but him by using parallel dimension technology to cheat at carnival games

user, did you kill Rita?

i dunno, anons, unless you have a lot of patience with super bullshit arbitrary graphic adventure logic, you're going to have some pain.
This is one case where I'd probably just watch a walkthrough to absorb the weirdness once you get stuck, or else stay glued to the faq.
in all of these games there's opportunities to use up an item you will need a couple hours later and shit like that.

Phantasmagoria 2 is another bizarre game that's similar to Harvester in content. It's a full FMV game with basic first person adventure puzzle mechanics but the acting and story is so bad that it's like watching one of your favorite Z horror movies with some BDSM thrown in. I'm actually gonna play through it again just for Halloween. Too bad the ending is absolutely retarded. The first one is pretty good as well along with its infamous shower scene, but again it's writing is kinda poor. Gabriel Knight 2 is also pretty good, one of my favorites actually, and is an FMV game with a ridiculous story but again the puzzles are stupidly easy. I don't know what it is but the Sierra FMV games of the time have this bizarre charm to them but I love them.

The first time I played Dark Seed II I hated it because it was the JP import. Oh man was the voice acting bad. I played a few years ago on the PC and it's definitely much better than I remember it.

If only the gameplay weren't so lackluster.

I always end up quitting that game when it gets to the circus, it just feels like the writer was making stuff up as it went along instead of actually thinking it through

Gabriel Knight can get spooky for a day or two. I've heard Phantasmagoria is good but I haven't played it.

you've heard wrong

Yes you have heard wrong, it's not good, it's amazing, in the fact that it's a bizarre FMV adventure game with simple but obscure puzzles, atrocious acting and writing, and an over the top presentation that basically holds itself up on rape and graphic violence. Besides it being full FMV and some cool background it's a pretty unremarkable game but coming from the time that it was and how unique and amusing it is it's really a great game especially if you are not one of the over serious types.

I fucking hate streamers.

7th Guest

Alone in the Dark

Excellent taste, user.

Can totally recommend Pathologic HD.

Creepy as fuck, great atmosphere, and reminds me a bit of Harvester in a few respects.

Roaches confirmed for immersionfags

Last bump