Dai-2-ji-Super Robot Wars thread: Beat Dark Brian edition

Fuck that fucking nigger. Shu's much easier but still, every boss in OGG is a fucking HP sponge.

Still, now that I have all the SR points I can in good faith proceed to 2ndOG. What's everyone's opinion on that and MD?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-T22QC6JgeY&t=1s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dark Brian? Not Dark Brain? Also, fuck that redesign on the CompatiKaiser…seriously can Obari design mecha that doesn't look like the fucking Gravion anymore?

What's the old one look like? I only know the one from OGG onward.

This is the CompatiKaiser from the Great Battle series.

No.

Nagano and Okawara are better mechanical designers anyways

Also Mazinger ZERO and Great Emperor G are fucking beasts. Though my biggest surprise was I kept fielding Beecha near the end of it all and he did some good too.

Exactly..hell, Okawara's design at least doesn't look fucking samey. Seriously..compare the Gravion, the Dangaioh, the OGG Compatikaiser and the Dancouga Nova and tell me they don't look almost alike. Fuck, even Go Nagai made his mechs look distinct.

Also..missed opportunity for V

Or the Nova and the Shorouga Sin, but that's probably intentional.

Was going to add Detonator Orgun too…but at least Orgun looks distinct enough.

Do not talk shit about uncle go.

And if you dare talk shit about Ishikawa I'll fucking fight you nigger

Will never talk shit about Uncle Go or Ishikawa (considering that I'm a huge Getter fan, the only time I insult the Getter is in Getter Devolution). Just saying even the first Super Robots actually look distinctive compared to what Obari can do…and those guys are made in the 70's. What's Obari's excuse?

isn't devolution that shitty super edgy one that came out recently?

He doesn't have one, same as katoki. trash

Yeah..the one that fucked up Ryoma Nagare. Seriously, even 70's anime Ryoma is a badass (dude got agoraphobia? He went bungie jumping off a rope bridge just so he can fight the fear so he can actually do his job). Devolution Ryoma? Fucking emo.

Sorry, Acrophobia.

(checked)
And yes…your eyes do not deceive you. It is Ultraman, Gundam, Kamen Rider and Warrior's Roar piloting the CompatiKaiser.

Do you have any pics of the original Grandread Fennosa?

The only picture of the Zan-El I can find is this one. Google kept showing his OGs version.

You know what pissed me off? There was a chart of mechas that had and may appear in OGs and a chart of Original Generation characters that haven't appear in OGs yet (as of OGG)…problem? It's on imageshack.

That was really old, iirc. From before 2ndOGs, I think.

Yeah..But I do want the characters pic..maybe that's where you can get the original pics of the Zan-El.

There's a full let's play of Great Battle 2 that has the fight with Zan-El, but I think the Fenossa is from 3, where it's playable.

But now that OGG's over I can in good faith focus on 2ndOG, which is easy as balls in comparison. Probably because you start twinned.

I thought you could twin in OGG?

You can but there's a will requirement (110), so you can't deploy as twins, while in 2ndOG you are expected to.

I miss CompatiKaiser so much, it's a shame it'll never show up again.

Not so much that, it lacked an understanding of love specifically. Everything else it more or less got off of Nine.

What do you mean?

If you mean about CompatiKaiser, the fact that since we've been having GraviKaiser in OG we're likely never going to see the real one again. If you mean about V's ending, they establish that Nine was learning about humans and humanity, but never quite figured out love no matter how many humans she asked about it, and so the final boss couldn't learn it because Nine didn't know it.

The Compatikaiser.

He means that we'll never see the bulky Voltes V style design again.

Speaking of. Best jewish robot pirate song.

Honestly…I'm going to miss the bulky mech design for Super Robots.

Retro is in now so we might see more.

also MIO is a fucking amazing vocalist.

She's also very fluent in english

There is not nearly enough retro love right now.

We get an ending AND a continuation.

Oh SRW has handled it great between Z3, BX, and V, don't get me wrong, but it drives me up the wall that literal shit keeps getting put on the air when I'm still waiting on sequels that were perfectly set up in good shows and never happened.

Don't forget

There was going to be an Eldran anniversary show? Jesus, now I'm on the verge of tears.

If we were still getting real DynaPro shows on a regular basis and that just came out as a side thing it wouldn't be so bad, if only because Uncle Go is nothing if not a perverted old man with a warped sense of humor.

Not familiar with this one, but I get the feeling that just from the sound of it I'm going to bleed anger hearing about it.

All we get from that anniversary show was this promo vid. And for some fucking reason, Holla Forums can't make sense of the URL I'm trying to embed, so I'm putting the link here: youtube.com/watch?v=-T22QC6JgeY&t=1s

Yeah..Bokurano I think it was.

I NEED THIS SO RIDICULOUSLY BADLY WHY IS THIS NOT A THING

To be fair the mecha musume thing has been around for ages. And it wouldn't be the first time.

Mazinger Otome comes to mind

Hell, the only saving grace? Daiteioh at least made in into SRW. Just one. But at least there's an animated video. GGG Project Z doesn't even get that. And to make matters worse? Project Z's video on Youtube got its audio muted.

That's like a cruel joke.

It is.

Anyone can tell me where the fuck do i get this mod?
There's also a SRW4 mod where you play the Titans but that at least had a download link.

What's this mod?

Is it in the pastebin?

There's a pastebin?

There was one on 4vg with all the fan translations and such.

hell if i know, found it while browsing vids

goddammit. Mind posting it here?

Why? No seriously..why is it a thing?

Because.

I did like Jeeg-chan in it. Poor girl couldn't be around anyone because her father forcefully remodeled her body after Hiroshi's

no one has the pastebin?

Guess so.

Are we having some SRW drought?

Where is the Summer and winter titles?

Why only one title in 2017?

I don't know..but here's hoping that X-Omega shit doesn't carry over to mainline SRW. Look..having Super Sentai and Godzilla is good for a laugh but really though..I draw the line at fucking Idolmaster being in an SRW.

I just want more games at the moment.

One game per year is bad.

On the one hand I don't blame them, since SRW V is pretty much hands-down the best game this year period, but we're overdue for a new 3DS SRW.

3DS is kill, long live the Switch

Nah

3DS? Didn't we have two pretty ho-hum SRWs on that? I mean, UX and BX is pretty ho-hum…granted BX is a tad better (still…when W had Gai survived all the way to Prince of Darkness, every other SRW that has Nadesico but no Gai really dropped the ball)

Lots of people thought that xenoglossia would never make it into a srw(according to a japanese wiki too) and then we got that shitfest in X-O

UX and BX's only problems were having too many shit shows like 00, Frontier, and Unicorn, which are problems that the Zs and V have as well, and being too easy due to no SR Points, they're still solid games and a ton of fun.

As silly as Super Sentai can come off… I don't think Zyuranger or Jetman in particular is going overboard for a series like SRW.

Is Super Robot Wars UX for the 3ds any good?

The thing that pissed me off about Unicorn? They adapted that..but not say..Crossbone or Sentinel (heck, Gundam Sentinel was this close to be in Alpha 3 what with the left over data and stuff before being replaced with SEED…because suddenly jamming an AU Gundam in a UC-centric Timeline works fine apparently)

Both it and BX are solid.

Also go watch Panzer World Galient before playing BX

You know…as bad as D was for a Super Robot fan (That armor glitch made fielding Supers a risk…especially Godmars who if it ever gets shot down, it's game over.) I have to admit, the song selection is fucking amazing. Maybe it's my bias (even though I like the Alpha series and W, I got started with SRW D) but really..when the first stage of the game you get to hear the best rendition of HEATS, you know you're in a good time

I'll take Sentai any day over another fucking Geass.

UX and BX are both great, some of the best games on the 3DS.

To be fair, if they do an anime and don't use vid related in it, we'd never get it in SRW again most likely. That said, yeah, fuck Unicorn.

I treat any unit getting shot down as a game over, so Godmars' deal was never an issue for me. Armor was a bitch, but then you could just have Basara spam PLANET DANCE until even Big O was unhittable.

Not to mention getting to use Getters 1, 2, and 3 as separate units all at once while fighting a horde of Invaders and MP Getter Gs. I would love a stage like that that just lasted forever.

Hell…I could name better non-anime Gundams that should've been adapted than Unicorn. Like say…Hidden Shadow of G or just for shits and giggles? Ideon vs Gundam.

The main non-anime Gundam I can think of that would've been worse than Unicorn is Frozen Teardrop

Ah yes…that fanfic. Seriously..if it wasn't written by the guy who wrote for Wing, it sounds like a fanfic written by some yaoi fangirl.

Playing OG2nd, how do Sleigh and Ratsel know each other? From the DC?

Well, Sleigh joined the Neo DC during the Original Generation 2 event…it's pretty confusing now since this took place in the GBA OG2 but then they called OG3 as OG2nd since the GBA's 1 and 2 were combined to be OGs.

But anyways, if I recall correctly, Sleigh joined Ratsel's Kurogane crew during OGG so that's how they know each other.

Different story in Alpha 2.

One title per year seems pretty good to me, if it is as good as V. Keep in mind that mechas are, more or less, a dying genre, so a drought is somewhat reasonable

Taking shows of questionable quality and going ham on the original story and characterization is part of the charm

I mean, yeah…the Alpha series made NGE seems bearable because Shinji grew a spine (after a healthy dose of Bright Slap) but still….

Very fucking tragically

They need to have at least some base level of quality to begin with though. Frontier at least has Wilder and Ozma, but stuff like SEED and Geass have literally nothing good about them. The only good thing to come out of 00 for instance was in UX when they comment on how Setsuna can't say his stupid catchphrase because of the actual Gundams present.

SRW is pretty good with Eva in general, since if you put Shinji around people who are a healthy influence on him like Kouji and Noriko and Akagi, he's not a bad character.

SEED has nothing good? The Astray series? CE Sleggar Law? Stargazer?

SEED TV is what I meant by that, Astray and Stargazer are so vastly different despite the shared setting that it's an insult to them to put the "SEED" title in.

I can only think of two good characters from SEED TV…and both of them are just CE version of UC characters. One's Ramba Ral, the other's Sleggar Law.

And both versions are lesser than their originals. Especially bad in Mu's case considering his job of being Sleggar was already done decades earlier and far better by Roy Focker.

Ah…Roy Focker. Is there any characters Akira Kamiya can't do?

Also..poor Waltfeld. Dude was this close to banging that captain…and then Mwu came back from the dead…somehow.

Setsuna is Gundam-kin shitlord. Respect his pronouns.

Hey, Setsuna is appropriating Gundams. He should've stayed human, that autistic shitlord.

He was a legend

Christ the show makes so much more sense now.

And here I thought 00 is just Gundam Wing….but replace Heero with Sosuke from FMP…but without the humor of FMP.

The only thing 00 shares in common with Wing is the "gang of ambiguously gay pretty boys piloting Gundams," which was just as much SEED as Wing. 00 is basically an irredeemable mess with only a couple of entertaining or likable characters neither of whom survive to the film anyway, so you'll never see them in SRW outside of the Z2 duology no good designs, and god awful music. It's just offensively bad.

No good design is right. The fact they try to pass off a heavily damaged Exia with a cloak as different mech than the Exia is just bad…hell, at least in 08th MS Team, they didn't pass off the GM Head Ground Gundam as a different unit.

Then there's the mechs with spindly arms…which I always fucking hate in mech designs. I mean, what practical function does having spindly arms do to mechs? Or hell, the LEGO Zaku. And then..there's that Gundam with hair….

They never said a goddamn thing about the Exia Repair being different, they actually go out of their way to show you it's the same robot with 2 years of extra wear and tear on it. This is episode 1 stuff.

I'm not sure which mech has the spindly arms you're talking about though. And the Nadleeh is the one with the "hair", but it only come out when Virtue is fucked up, and it's primary purpose is to stand there and use the hair as an antenna, so it's justified.

Most of the Union mechs have spindly arms and you can argue about the Susanowo and the Masurao's arms being spindly..and yeah, the hair thing is still stupid..you know that V thing on Gundam's head's purpose is? That's the fucking antenna for Gundams. It always has been since UC. Heck, the only thing that doesn't has it is the Ez-8 and even then they replaced it with rabbit ear antenna at the back of its head.

The Union mechs are basically planes with arms, even Grahams greatest achievement was transforming mid-flight, so the thin limbs make sense for that. And Nadleeh's purpose is to be a kill-switch for all the other Gundams, so it needs more signal strength than usual. It can't move while it does it either, leads to it's successor getting blown the fuck up.

To me it says a lot that the most likable design in 00 is the main character mech torn apart and reduced to cosplaying Zero from the opening of Rockman Zero 2.

Just can't believe that the same guy designed the mechs for SRW W designed for 00….or so I heard. Because fuck, I like the Valhawk's design.

To be fair, gundam designs are so standardized that it barely matters who is behind them.

Well..except Turn A though.

Exia repair was the only good thing about S2. It showed what happened to exia after S1. supposedly the red eye is actually a Tieren's camera crammed into the damaged space

I hope you catch aids.Okawara is a great mechanical designer as is Nagano.

Who says the V fins have to be the antenna for ALL gundams? In-universe, whoever designed Nadleeh could have went for a different approach for all I know. Heck, how do we even know if the Anno Domini gundams v fins are antennas in the first place?

not that I'm defending the Nadleeh, mind you. I have other problems with it but that reasoning is retarded.

Why does Caster look so upset?

Because you didn't like his SPECIAL PRESENT, FOOOOOOR YOU!

So, J-Decker in V2?

Why stop at J-Decker? Fighbird and J-Decker.

It seems like a natural follow up from Might Gaine in V, especially with the continuing threat of SEED, 0,0 and Ange's existence in their world, for them to make a robot police force. I would absolutely love for Fighbird to get in too though.

J-Decker's story is going to be cool if they made V2. Hope they throw in that Bison/Yasunori Kato looking guy..and have him hijack some VFs (his episode in J-Decker had him hijack some transformable fighter jets…so just replace that with Valkyries.) Also…let the team keep their Gatchaman costumes (there was a wrestling episode…and the team safe for Dumpson was dressed up like Gatchaman)

Also throw in DaGarn…just so we can have everyone looked shocked that a kid upstaged a lot of ace Gundam pilots…

Valkryies are exactly what I was thinking of in that episode, so it'd be a perfect excuse to include Macross hopefully 7

Was going for OG Macross…but then realized Banpresto would just have to use stock voices of Roy Focker.

Exactly
;_;

So…we're stuck with Plus, 7 or Frontier

Fuck Delta

Which really means Plus and 7 I'd be OK with Frontier if we only got the Quarter and Ozma, but I never want to hear any of the BGMs from that show again

I wanted to add Zero….but what did happen in Zero?

From what I recall? Near the end of the Unification War, a random pilot got shot down on an island and a pair of sisters fell in love with him. They sing and there's a giant monster that had something to do with Protoculture. I need to watch it again.

Sounds a bit dull..

It's not great, but it's short to be fair.

Something happened with Kamiya?

Kamiya is retired IIRC

Yup…and that's why we'll never get a lot of 70's Super Robot characters back in SRW…considering that Kamiya voiced about..80 to 90% of them.

You know what else should've been in SRW? Red Baron. Heck, doesn't matter if you use the anime (which is basically Street Fighter with mecha but hey, you could have them work concurrently with the G Gundam plot) or the live-action version (basically live-action Mazinger Z but on a Tokusatsu show budget..a 70's tokusatsu show which hey, works with classic Mazinger cast)

Seriously, there's a lot of old mecha series that Banpresto could've tapped for an SRW game without even relying on the triangle of terrible (SHIT/SHIT Destiny/Double Turd, Code GAS and "We swear, it's not a retread of original" Macross Frontier)

Wait? Ideon vs Gundam?

There was… I think it was a manga? Might've been a novel. Amuro and Judau find Ideon which wants to blow up UC because even after evolving into Newtypes humans still do war.

Dude..that sounds cool. A bit of a mismatched but still cool.

Haven't read it myself so can't speak on the details, but it works with the whole question of just what Newtypes are and whether humanity is really progressing or not.

Or that a possibility that the UC timeline is the Ideon universe rebooted.

I miss when Newtypes were just people with developed spatial awareness, not space ghost wizards.

I thought Newtypes are psychics.

It's a non-canon manga. I know which one you're talking about.

Non-canon? Awwww…..

Why the fuck is there basically no Patlabor representation in SRW? Was it something to do with licensing fuckery or did they just think nobody gave a shit about the series? Also can someone please hook me up with OE and its DLC? I'm having trouble finding a non-shit link

The stronger ones had varying levels of minor telepathic and telekinetic abilities at first, then all of a sudden they started shooting lasers made out of their dead friend's souls at each other and blowing up continent-sized asteroids through sheer force of autism alone.

…I missed that. Was it Unicorn? Because I don't recall Amuro, Kamille or Judau ever shoot soul lasers or blow up asteroids and Judau was a pretty tough Newtype..so tough that he made Haman wet. Then again, it's Judau. Dude can make any woman in the UC timeline wet.

Gigantis Counterattack, in which Judau turns out to be the reincarnation of the afro guy

Like some user had said before, at least it was acceptable in Char's Counterattack since it was about the two rivals of the franchise, but in Unicorn that shit is plain insulting

For the first two seasons of MSG they're simply people who can orient themselves in a 3D environment rather than a planar one. Then Lalah shows up and shit becomes magic.

I honestly think ZZ is the only one that has things happen suddenly in a negative way. Everyone there was around the same skill level until the last 2 episodes with practically no explanation for why everyone has auras around their gundams and people seeing spirits. Compare that to the original show and Zeta. You're getting a constant progression from point a to point b, etc…

I thought the seeing spirits thing was a thing waaaay back in original Gundam. Remember Dozle?

You think Patlabor had it tough…remember, GunXSword only got SRW K..

So..best JAM Project SRW song?

Gong, Skill, Hagane no Resistance, and The Exceeder are all god-tier, I can't pick a favorite.

OK…that video description has me laughing. Also..man that takes me back. That video used to be on Youtube..what the fuck happened?

It got taken down, the only place I could find it was on Nico. I tried reuploading it to Youtube, but it got caught by Lantis Media Group right away, so this is the only place that will take it.

Curse Youtube and their copyright happy bullshit.

The older, better version of Skill just seems to auto trigger a content ID warning, so all we can get is the 2015 version with the fucked up keyboard solo.

Now that's just wrong…sick and wrong.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Well…yes.

How is it not?

Code Geass is a trainwreck and Sunrise is the dumpster fire, I seriously hope you don't think otherwise.

It is a fucking awful thing that should never have happened. It's really tragic because Taniguchi did Gun x Sword, so it's not that he CAN'T make good shows, he just won't anymore it seems.

(double checked)
Wait…that's the same guy who made Gun X Sword? OK, granted there's certain parts of Gun X Sword that just pissed me off (the twins die…but Michael and his pole dancing girlfriend somehow lives in the audio drama) but wow…I'm shocked.

Yep. If you want another shocker of "makes a great show and then makes one of the worst things ever" Fukuda made GEAR Fighter Dendoh… before going on to make Gundam SEED.

It's not the director more-so than Sunrise being a bitch and Bandai being the pimp.

Dendoh's pretty fun..it's a nice little nod to some old school Supers…and having a MILF who's also a student of the Undefeated of the East.

Dendoh was a great show, and Vega was the fucking best and I want her to be in an SRW with both Eva and Build Fighters because my voice actress jokes

That's assuming we actually get Build Fighters in an SRW. If they do though, I want the Try-On 3 to be a playable unit.

You want to know what's the damn shame? Instead of getting a redone anime based on the original GR manga..we wound up getting the shitty GR: Giant Robo anime instead? Look at this and tell me this would've been awesome. Hell, throw this and Tetsujin in the same SRW too.

Any news of any new SRW games?

Another series that I wish was in SRW, Mospeada. Hey, Megazone 21 got in..why not Mospeada? Besides, wanted to hear how Banpresto going to remix Lonely Soldier Boy.

It's a crime if we don't get Build Fighters but non-mecha shows like Code Geass get in.

None yet, which makes me wonder why they even bothered having a TGS this year.

Hell…fucking Idolmaster and Vocaloid got in. Yeah, the former has a mech in it…in a series that's never been about mechs and the latter hijacked a Virtual-ON entry but my point stands…if those 2 series got in before ANY of the Brave series, before Build Fighters, before other old school mechs series..it's a damn crime..

GaoGaiGar was in Alpha 2, and UX at least predates Build Fighters, but I see your point. Though that said, I don't count anything that got in for the cell phone shit as actually being in an SRW anyway.

But yeah, I want more old school mechs I might not actually be able to find and watch especially ones with such amazingly catchy theme songs as vid related

Hell, I thought SRW is a good vehicle to showcase long forgotten mecha series. I mean, it got me into Mazinger and Getter Robo. So why wouldn't they dig deep for some older series? Not like there's barely any mecha series. The 70's and 80's are chock full of them. Like that one follow up series to the 80's Tetsujin-28

I would presume a lot of it has to do with getting rights and getting actors into the studio. As we've seen from the Giant Robo debacle, shit can easily go south for the stupidest reasons. Hell, they might sometimes have trouble securing rights to their own shit, if the claims I've heard about why "Grungast, Zan!" never gets used anymore are true.

Wait…what?

This is shit I heard ages ago and I can't find or recall the source, so treat it as the unsourced rumor it is and don't think of it as anything resembling fact, but my understanding is that due to some legalese paperwork mixup they don't actually have the rights to vid related, hence why we only ever get "TIME TO COME" anymore.

Such a shame..Grungust Zan is a damn good song.

It's on Super Tokusatsu Taisen 2001

The Tokusatsu version, at least…but here's a question. Would Banpresto release the characters from Super Tokusatsu Taisen to Original Generation as a sort of Tekkaman-esque units?

goddamn I need this

Are there any SRW games that are both in english and not chibishit?

Well..there was Shin SRW but the animation's not that good and I don't recall an English version of Shin

Wew.
Even OG1 on gba had fancier animaitons.

All the budget gone to making the sprites real-sized.

Also have to remember this is EARLY SRW. They didn't get really crazy animations till like Alpha series

It's to save space and believe it or not it costs MORE money to draw them full size.

I know I shouldn't be mad on what that phone shit SRW game…but come one..Little Witch Academia?

No, I think chibishit is bad in general, cute or not.

deal with it then or don't bother asking for a SRW title faggot.

There's the ACE series…but it's more Armored Core…and again, not in English.

Agreed.

Fuck that.

At this point most modern SRWs have tons of shots them in full-dimension during the hissatsu animations and the like.

Ace isn't a turn based game though it's real time.

Like I said, more Armored Core than SRW.

Almost forgot Scramble Commander..but unless you like robots moving in real time….it's not for you.

For shame.
It may started out as a way to save budget, but there is no excuse today as their animations are fucking full motion anime anyway.

Why are you on cuckanese board then?

Because the last thing I need is Abe snooping around my posts and arresting me for wrongthink.

Still is a way to save budget. Considering that most of the games are only sold in Japan and it's niche enough already, put in the licensing fees (same reason why Giant Robo just up and disappeared from the Alpha timeline with nary an explanation) for the series featured AND music and then the VA's…animation budget kinda limited. Though really, some mechs looked terrible not in chibi (see the many variants of the Lion)

My understanding is that was less the money and more some sort of bizarre "pride" on the part of the family. Similar to the supposed reason why Sakura Wars never got in.

It's a rare thing for a mass-produced unit to look good, to be fair.

U wot

Yeah, I said it..the Lion looked crap. And no amount of idol dancing can save it.

>implying mark and his bitchbois don't issue carpet bans deletions for wrongthink

I don't know..the LOL threads are still around as is that /gamergate/ general on here.

Getting banned from an imageboard is better than getting arrested IRL

Because mark hates video games and only wants nintendo audience (lol threads) and waifufags (gg threads).

Yeah well guess what if you try to push outright illegal shit here you'll be arrested as well. Or what, do you think mark doesn't spy on you and doesn't sell your data to the highest bidder?

Wait..gg threads are waifu threads? No wonder the thing fizzled out..

Click one if you don't believe me.

Nothing illegal, I just don't want the LDP spying on me and arresting me for saying Abe is a globalist cuck.

I don't see why not.

Yes! Hey, as long as they're not shoving in Mist Rex and his shitty harem, I'm golden.

It's also a way to save space in game. Instead of drawing them full size, they use the SD style. The machines still show a nice range of motion in the newer games and you get the cut ins which make it pop out. The first time seeing the sure kill moves you go "woah" when you get that cut in of the full sized machine.

Sakura Wars never got in….unless you count that phone game. Again, still a bit miffed here. Yeah, I know, I know..mobile phone shit, just ignore it. It's not mainline SRW…but it's still called Super Robot Wars and it sickens me that shit like Idolmaster, Little Witch Academia and fucking Crayon Shin Chan got in SRW before other series like say, Groizer X,God Mazinger, Dougram, Mospeada, Vifam, Dairugger XV…a proper SRW for Daltanius and Patlabor..I can list a lot of older series that never got the chance and probably never will get a chance to be in an SRW…yet Idolmaster got in, a series that has nothing to do with mecha..got in a series about mecha.

Also the latest games I wouldn't call them SD. They're more like they're shrunken down. The older titles I'd say yes, but shit like V looked like the full sized mechs, just smaller.

Licensing is a bitch

Still doesn't make any damn sense that a series that doesn't even have mechas got in. That's like me, shoving in an RPG character that doesn't even have hand to hand combat skills in a fighting game.

No you're right there. Makes no goddamn sense.

Exactly. It's not like they ran out of series to use. Heck, as an experiment, I am going to list out the mecha series that's owned by Sunrise (since Sunrise is owned by Bamco, it's not going to be that difficult to obtain) but never been in an SRW. OK, here goes, Gowappa 5 Godam, Dougram, Vifam, Giant Gorg, Armor Hunter Mellowlink (was in X-Omega but still not good enough) Five Star Stories (though that will be never ever because the creator is anal about letting his units get curbstomped by mechs from other series), Exkaiser, Fighbird…OK, you know what..there's a damn lot.

I know, and I don't - I just mean that that was supposedly the reason, but I don't know if that is actually the case or not, especially since it also made it into Project X Zone.

I'm honestly more pissed that Code Geass got into so many actual SRWs than the shit that happened in a mobage

The Yuushas like Exkaiser and Fighbird are in awkward positions though because the rights are shared with Tomy Takara, who obviously seem to have been loosening up of late judging from Might Gaine in V and Zoid in K, but overall it's still not something they really have free access to like with Gundam..

Also, Gorg was in SRW BX.

Wait…it was? Damn…must've missed that.

It was, complete with evil company president Char Aznable you can even recruit Manon as a SECRET

You know what would be funny in an SRW? Basically having an alliance of villains…all voiced by Char.

Ah fuck…Toei basically pull the plug on any chance the States ever getting to see Mazinger Z: Infinity.

So here's a funny idea for a debut in SRW. Remember there's a Cybuster anime..but it's not related to the Masou Kishin stuff?

What people see in that mech and in Ibis is simply beyond me

Yeah..we got a pilot who's flat as a board…and a mech that's just "Gotta go fast". What do people see in that, is beyond me. Especially when Excellen is around (though sadly…we might not get her in OG games..unless they changed her VA)

This OP is godlike.

Yeah, most folks say it's the good thing about the Cybuster anime.

I NEED THIS

Yes….we need that. An alliance of all bad guys voiced by Shuichi Ikeda.

That, and we need one where characters who get tossed in the villain bin arbitrarily get to be good guys - I mean, if Geass and 00 get to be good guys, why not Schwarzwald, Gym, or Asakim?

Schwarzwald yes…not sure about Gym but seeing that Jonathan Glenn from Brain Powered got to be a good guy, probably..and ain't Asakim a good guy already?

Gym's not actually evil, just hungry for a good fight. There's no reason he shouldn't want to join the Alpha Numbers/ZEUTH/Weltall/choose your favorite super team name who get to fight shit like the STMC, the Invaders, the Zonders, or the Radam.

>ain't Asakim a good guy already?
Yes

You know what would've been awesome? Gym vs Master Asia..

There is one other series I think could join SRW…problem is two of them are used for Transformers.