What games allow me to play as a chaotic good character? I'm not talking about RPG's which allow me to pick that option...

What games allow me to play as a chaotic good character? I'm not talking about RPG's which allow me to pick that option, but games whose protagonists are people who will do good even if they will have to break a few rules in doing so.

To start off the thread, here's a great game about the most classic of all chaotic good protagonists.

Any stealth game where you are an assassin or a thief but end up bettering the world.

Overlord. You're suppose to be evil but you're really either be Chaotic Evil or Chaotic Good.

Would Garrett count as a Chaotic Good character then?

I can't leave this board now, I've spent so much time here.

Not exactly what I had in mind but actually kind of true.

Chaotic Neutral. It's not like he goes around saving the world out of the goodness of his heart. Also, would the Punisher count, or basically any cape themed game?

Oh actually, I forgot probably the most obvious example of a game with a chaotic good protagonist.

Some cape themed games would count seeing that they go all over the spectrum. There are both lawful good and chaotic good superheroes.

Punisher is certainly not any variety of Good.

Because he kills bad guys? He does more good than most Marvel heroes combined.

Surely you mean lawful evil or lawful evil, right?

the first Nier

papa nier didn't really give a shit about anyone but his daughter when push came to shove. he wasn't evil but he wasn't chaotic good either

Ogre Battle series

>he doesn't understand the two axes of character alignment

Before his daughter went missing he was a pretty upstanding guy. Although less chaotic I suppose

This. It's even in his theme.

Okay, first and foremost, he is certainly not Chaotic. He follows a very strict code. It's his code and he sticks to it. "Law" does not mean you follow the laws of the country: if it did, 90% of all superheroes would be Chaotic. Vigilantes are not Chaotic merely by virtue of not following a set of codified national laws. If it did, there would be barely any Lawful villains: they ALL break the law constantly. Lawful means believing in and sticking to a code. Frank is Lawful.

Second, Good does not mean "kills evil." There are plenty of fuckers that kill evil that are themselves evil. Good in the D&D parlance means "sacrifice" or "in the service of others." A Good character is one who operates purposefully to the benefit of others, often to their own detriment. Frank Castle does NOT act in the service of others. He is driven by revenge. You could, at most, make a case for Neutral here, but he falls more in the line of Evil. His goals are self-serving.

But that's what Frank does. He sacrifices himself in the service of others. If "lawful" is subjective then so is "good", and with the Punisher he clearly is a self-sacrificing individual doing what he thinks is best for society.

Yeah, let's ignore all the instances where he steps away from his crusade to save innocents.

And you're full of shit. So what alignment does that make you? Neutral Cuck?

Everything he does is to feed his need for revenge. He may try to pretty it up as saying he is doing it to rid the world of evil, but if that was the case he wouldn't go after small fries in the streets. He would go after the big fish who make the world a terrible place for everyone.

To be honest now when I think about it, DOOM counts although it isn't a very important part of the game.

DOOMguy is obviously chaotic good, he might be a little tirgger-happy but remember the reason why he was even sent to Mars in the first place? He put his boss in a body bag, because he ordered him to fire upon civilians. For me it's a pretty clear example of "Fuck your stupid rules, I'm not doing that, this is wrong".

>>>/tg/

What about games which let you be lawful evil?

Space Station 13 if you play it smart