Mfw Diogenes created Egoism 2000 years before Stirner was even fucking born

Other urls found in this thread:

marxists.org/reference/archive/stirner/ego-and-its-own.htm#p1s21
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That is a nice fucking painting.

And just look at that seamless signature at the top.

More like Id'ism. Diogenes was just an unrestrained ID.

Stirner made egoism.

Now we need a philosopher to do Super Egoism and the meme would be complete.

Isn't that just being a huge moralfag?

It would be what you think the all seeing third person thinks is a good person. Disinterested moralism with your own filter as the gatekeeper.

You dummy, the ego stirner talks about is not the same ego Freud talks about

I'm aware Stirner predates Freud and his philosophy was "ego" in the Cartesian sense. I was making a joke since Diog reminds me of an unrestrained ID. I mean he literally jacked off in the street.

Diogenes was the most based human being to ever live.
The core of his cynism (the term has basically nothing to do with what you think "cynism" is now) was that you weren't defined by your wealth, or your role in society, but your OBJECTIVE VALUE OF YOU AS A PERSON, DETACHED FROM YOUR ROLE IN LIFE.

Diogenes would go around with a lamp "seeking for an honest man" but what he meant by "honest" was, a man that wasn't spooked by his place in society, and understood his objective value as a person.
His message was essential, basic, clean in it's simplicity.

To be a cynic you must despook yourself but what despooking yourself actually means, is to look at yourself in the mirror and admit to yourself what kind of man you truly have become.
And if something about yourself doesn't make you happy, you should work on improving it.

Your status in life and your money become accessories that shouldn't define you, but complete the picture of a man that is already happy with himself and would remain happy with himself even if he was homeless, or if any different form of government was estabilished compared to what we currently have.

His "individualism" doesn't mean "fuck everyone else", it's highly focused on self improvement and introspection first and foremost, and learning how to spot other people that are struggling to be honest with themselves and trying to be objectively better people, just like you're trying to do.

The first shitposter.

Just wondering, why did you post Badiou's diagram of the Subject?

fuck that i love my vidya, movies, tv series, gadgets and good food.

I think you're missing the point here.

Without teamwork human being is just weak monkey with higher chance of slipping disk.

Human being cannot be ubermensch without severely minimizing his needs and desires.

If blind man or deaf man can live as Diogenes, people might start taking anarchist seriously.

Holy shit.

i'm sorry, really am but this story in particular seems fake. i see the part in the original where diogenes mocks plato for the cupness and the tableness. but i think the "emptiness" bit was added later. i cant find it anywhere.

Savage af

A lot of stories are attributed to Diogenes because of his mythic status. Though they aren't true I still think most of they accurately reflect what kind of man he was.

not sure how one defines "objective value" of oneself as a person.

Not really what Cynicism is. It's mostly living a an extremely simple, despooked, virtuous life, one that is supposedly as close to how nature wants a human to live.

"What else was Diogenes of Sinope seeking for than the true enjoyment of life, which he discovered in having the least possible wants?"

Is that a real quote by stirner?

What a load of fucking wank tbf

I bet you're the kind of little homie gay ass that talks shit about Plutarch too. Also Herodotus wrote nothing wrong.

Yes

marxists.org/reference/archive/stirner/ego-and-its-own.htm#p1s21

Diogenist-Stirnerism when?

no, i mean this one was made up by someone in the 20th or 21st century. all the other anecdotes can be found in diogenes' laertius biography of diogenes. this one isn't.

hey, if you find a source and show it to me ill be happy. after all i too want to see plato getting trashed by diogenes one more time.

bet you're the kindafaggot that jumps right into conclusions m8

Oh no, did you discover your snowflake guy wasn't such a special snowflake after all?

Diogenes IS my snowflake guy.

it's in the ego

Living in a barrel is retarded, its now even ego its stupidity…
At least Stirner takes care of himself

Diogenes took care of himself too. His form of shelter was a barrel, and that was all he needed.

This.
Barrels were his property :^)