RPGs for action-oriented autist

I'm playing Morrowind for the first time, and having a lot of fun. I've never really gotten into RPGs very much, but I think I've been slowly developing a liking for them over the years. I'd be happy for recommendations or discussion about other RPGs that are:
They don't necessarily have to be the cream of the crop, either.

Also, in case anybody cares,
The Elder Scrolls (post-Daggerfall)
Jade Empire
Mass Effect
Fallout (post-Black Isle)
Soulsborne
Dragon's Dogma

Deus Ex
Gothic
Arx Fatalis
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Fable
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines
The Witcher
Dragon Age
Darksiders
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Final Fantasy XV
Nioh

I expect to be accused of not having taste, but in this case that's kind of the point–I'm developing a taste for RPGs. Still working on it.

Try Vaporum, it's a first-person steampunk dungeon crawler released recently, but it's real-time instead of turn based.

How about you develop some fucking taste for RPGs by throwing out your gay ass rules and just playing those goddamn video games instead of crying like a pussy about how you don't like X or Y in your games because your fucking queer ass hasn't been pounded by the turgid cock of CRPGs and JRPGs and embrace the genre instead of kiddie piddlin in the piss pool.

Fallout:Nev Vegas

I was writing a long ass post but it seems you got your shit together. Just play the shit in your list and enjoy yourself.

OP here. Sorry if my ID has changed. Also, Jade Empire was shit.

Lame name. But I'll check it out. Thanks for the recommendation.

Relax, champ. I have a knee-jerk dislike of anything turn-based, and pseudo-3D is hard for me to look at. But I plan on eventually trying to get over that, mostly because I want to play older games like Ultima Underworld. This is my attempt at easing myself into the genre.

I've already played (and loved) New Vegas. Independent is best.

Will do. It's a lot of games, but these days I actually have time to play vidya, so I'm going to do my best to get to all of them.

Do not play any after Origins.
Prepare to be very disappointed when you cry over the lost potential.

Try some real CRPGs though, instead of following that gay ass shit in your OP. If you want a real 3D RPG, go play in a LARP or some other gay shit.

Yeah, that was my preliminary plan. I might pirate DA2 just to play it for an hour or two and see if it's as bad as everyone says.
;_;
I thought it had good action combat at least?

I know myself well enough to know that if I jump right into 2D and/or turn-based RPGs, I'll just give up after a few hours. My plan is to use real-time 3D RPGs as a gateway. If my hunch is right and I get into the autistic stat-heavy side, I think that will let me transition to playing older CRPGs without bouncing off them.

Dragon Age could have been so good if it wasn't under Bioware. It was one of their few games that didn't feature a morality bar where the focus was keeping your party happy through choices you thought your character made and giving them gifts. It had some neat ideas, especially in Awakening with the schism between Darkspawn and the concept of intelligent DS. It should be renamed "Lost Potential: Origins"

At least I don't make excuses for my biases. And if you'd actually read the thread, you'd see that I want to overcome it.

YOU DO KNOW THAT PROGRAMMATICALLY LITERALLY EVERYTHING IS TURN-BASED GAMING?

So you want all of the shitty ones going off of that list.

I did read the thread, but I have a knee-jerk dislike of people who have a knee-jerk dislike of anything turn-based.
Play Geneforge you faggot, just dive right the fuck into that crazy shit. If I could beat it when I was 13, you can beat it now. You can shit out elemental dinosaurs and giant battle monsters whenever you want.
I say this because you've already got most of the good action RPGs on your list already.

Then it's not really relevant to the player.

If you have other 3D, real-time RPGs to recommend, I'd be happy to play them.

Well, actually it is, that's the whole point of knowing how lag works in your "realtime" game and when to fire like back in CS:S before a corner to kill the other player.

OK.
I'm sure I could, the issue is that I won't, because I can't stick with those games yet. I don't force myself through games anymore.
That sounds pretty rad.
Well then I guess I should probably fuck off and get started on Dragon Age once I wrap up Morrowind.

Have you tried dark souls 2? my cousin's friend said it was really hard

Don't you OK me you little bitch, I'll show you OK.

It does, but this is sort of screwed by the fact that enemies are very simplistic and far too simple to kill. It can still be fun, but it can get kind of boring. I recommend a Universalist playthrough - you'll be "weaker" than a purist character for most of the game, but have a larger toolkit, so you can switch things up easily and not be as brokenly OP. Of course, once you unlock Universalist itself, then you become by far the most broken mother fucker in the game, short of maybe a pure Mage.

DA2 starts off not terrible, really. It's not until the end of Act 1 that you really begin to realize just how shit it's going to be, and by Act 2 that you realize that it's literally all downhill from there.

Just a note here, there are a few CRPGs that let you use a little bit more "action" style combat. Arcanum, if I recall, let's you tune attacks to either AP or mouse clicks, depending on what you like more. You can just clickspam a wolf to death instead of going round by round.

Alternatively, if you want a good "bridge", you can look up Guild Wars. It's an MMO that you can play single-player pretty effectively, since it lets you take NPC help and control the party. It's real-time, third-person (you can zoom into first, but it's pretty much impossible to play that way; you can also zoom-out to a more isometric view for tactical movement), looks fine, and has not just the best gameplay of its genre, but some of the best period. Playing it single-player will get you acquainted to party-based tactics, make you comfortable with isometric movement, and generally provide a good bridge between eras of games.

play ys

Considering your list is shit, here's a good game to start with

Are we including gook games too?

Play Bloodlines user, it ticks all the boxes you're asking for, plus it fits the season.

OP here, ID change again because Holla Forums's Tor service is still borked. Sorry, lads.

OK.

That sounds reasonable. I thought Arcanum was a 2D isometric game, though?

Tell me about Ys. I don't know as much about Japanese RPGs in general.

Got a name? I can't read moon runes.

Will do. That's one of the few that seems like a pretty safe bet for me. I miss that early 2000s goth atmosphere.

Then you'll love it even more as the whole game is drenched in that atmosphere which I also really enjoy. I really can't suggest it enough. Just be sure to play with the unofficial patch since without it the game is a broken mess, and I don't suggest playing with the plus features of the patch your first time through though it won't really hurt either.

A couple of other things:

Don't listen to this guy, open it.

Lurk more.

I'll get the GOG version. Maybe it comes with the unofficial patch? They did that for Thief Gold. Guess I'll find out soon enough.
Thanks for the advice.

OK

I've been here for years. "Seiken Densetsu 3" isn't really a memorable title that rolls of the tongue.
Polite sage for double-post.

Bump system. Kind of like Hydlide, you just bump into enemies to damage them and depending on how you do and your stats it you can avoid damage or be damaged. Bosses are pretty creative and fun, and the music, like the entire series, is pretty great. Ys 2 adds a magic system which makes the bosses more bullet-hell ish and less bullshit(you'll rue the bat boss in Ys 1)

You've got two options. Any of the zelda 2-like sidescrollers or the isometic Oath in Felghana.
The sidescrollers are mediocre with the exception of music.
Oath is kickfucking ass and is tied with Origin in my opinion as being the best of the series. Great, fast gameplay, really challenging bosses with a focus on gear rather than grinding levels, sweet music and a wild ride of a final boss. Also has a bunch of post game secrets and modes including really tough secret bosses
You've got two options, the bump system ones(PCE, always) or Memories in Celceta.
Dawn of Ys(the PCE) one is easily my favorite of the bump system games. It's so fucking good with everything(Except the fandub because the game has no subtitles).
As for Celceta, see Ys Seven
Haven't played it
It's proto Oath/Origin. Worth a play but the hitboxes are a bit fucky
Switched to a new gameplay style(you now have an active party of 3, a rock paper scissors type of combat, can no longer jump, and have skills tied to weapons/levels. You can also heal in mid-boss fights), I personally hate it. They seem to have less control and skill over it compared to the previous games. Music's still good but damn.
Also has a fuckton of dialog compared to the previous games.
At the very least you get to use some cool weapons like spears, halberds and fists but it's so easy and barebones I don't dig it
Haven't played yet(not on pc yet), my mind tells me it's going to be Celceta 2.0 but people tell me it's supposedly the best. I don't know.
Isometric and my personal favorite. Three characters with different playstyles, magic, storylines and bosses, a wonderful A+ soundtrack with not a single bad track in my opinion and a shitton of post game content like an arena mode, an EX mode for each of the three characters(they gain additional powers and effects), a boss rush where you also get to play as Adol and one hell of a ride. My one and only complaint with it is that the bosses compared to felghana are pretty easy.

Always play on Nightmare difficulty(save for Seven or Celceta), and git gud. And don't think you can get through shit by grinding because gear matters more than leveling up.

Combat in Witcher 1 is a pain in the ass if you miss it try Witcher 2 and 3 though.

I did read somewhere that the GOG version comes with the unofficial patch so that's a good way to go. It will say it on one of the starting menu screens which patch it has installed.

Sabbat-poster please.

You seem pretty knowledgeable about this series. Which ones are 3D?

Depends. And Chronicles was enough for me to marathon the series and Trails in the sky and Xanadu Next with it.
If you mean 3D by fully 3d models and worlds, Seven, Celceta and Lacrimosa(8).
If you mean 3D by being able to move in three axis(axes?), Origin, Felghana, 6 and Lacrimosa.

Dont forget Xanadu Next OP. Its like later Ys games but you dont need to play through bump bullshit to get to it (the music and bosses and atmosphere were good though)

The fuck is this comic even referring to?

I see.

You made me want to bump 2 way up on my list to complete. I put it on hold but fugg that.

Not OP but I was going to play Redemption before Bloodlines. Does that one need any unofficial patches or anything?

Witcher 1 combat is just fine nigga.

Someone who doesn't play RPGs suddenly deciding to play RPGs.

ARPGs are objectively inferior to turn based RPGs. Why do you hate them?

underage?

I wouldn't say I "hate" them. I find it very hard to play them for more than an hour or two, though. I'm used to 3D games. Lately I've realized that a big part of why I play games is so that I can explore 3D spaces, looking in nooks and crannies. I think that's probably why.

I'm 29.

tbc is literally the worst combat-system imagineable.

also i love how turbo-autists paint everyone who doesnt share their shit-taste as underage lol

its pure shit though

Also, to clarify: I do like some 2D games, but they tend to be games that I played when I was a kid. Link to the Past, Super Mario World, etc. But we don't live with the technological limitations that make it a necessity anymore, and I think that's why I can't get into 2D games (yet) that I don't already have nostalgia for.
As for turn-based games, I guess I'm just not used to it (yet). I like immediacy and responsiveness, and feeling like I'm in the moment, rather than an abstract puppet master.

The later Tales of series, Kingdom Hearts, Monster Hunter/Toukiden/God Eater, Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice Delta are some you could look into I guess
I wouldn't bother with Final Fantasy XV

nah

No, user, I'm afraid that you're just pure shit. Once you get the hang of it - which should be before you fight the big dog, if you're not retarded - then it's simple shit. That's ignoring the part where it's literally the only game in the series that makes Geralt actually look like someone using proper technique.

This guy plays in [wait mode].
BULLY HIM

You can always reverse google-image you fucking newfag

fuck off back to reddit.

nigger you gotta pause in crpgs too how is that any different for those turn based that do have that aspect? retard. You clearly don't play videogames.

The japanese videogame industry IS superior, after all. Why limit yourself to modern western shit?

From your list you should play

and I guess Fable

DO NOT bother with final fantasy 15. it's shit. Nioh only if you played all the Dark souls and Bloodborne and you want more like that.

Nevermind, i suck cocks, i thought you were talking about tile-based games

Elex just came out.

the problem with the combat is it's incredibly boring and easy.

(checked)
play nier automata instead

Is it good?

Already played it. It was OK. The "open world" structure didn't serve it well, and the story doesn't stand up to scrutiny. But it was fun. I wouldn't play through it again, but the real ending was worth it.