Everquest [project 2002]

Did anyone ever play Everquest?

A couple months ago I discovered Everquest Project 2002 emulated EQ. The server is a couple of years old and had 2 expansions and is now in Luclin with plans being to release a final expansion PoP sometime into the future.

I've played a few EQ emulators and the reason I'm posting here is because I think this emulator despite it's flaws deserves a lot higher population than it has and because this weekend (Oct 20-22) is a +50% XP weekend as is every third weekend of the month. There really is no better time to check it out.

Why do I think it's better?

A pro/con of the server is low population, a couple of hundred logins at night and under 100 during non peak times. The benefit is that most camps are open and epic pieces are almost always up. (unlike a certain other server). The low population also means higher level players and guilds are quite friendly to active new comers.

I also like being able to run 2 or 3 characters at once without getting banned, and the server allows you to run upto 3 meaning you don't NEED to find a group, though you get a lot more XP in a group of six. If you don't want to box, I suggest a pet class such as necromancer, magician or beastlord.

While I am in my first two months of play, I've joined on of the raiding guilds and have 3 level 60s do in part to hand-me-down gear and buffing as I was leveling it wasn't too bad getting up in levels.

Finally I'm willing to help anyone who gets to level 20 at the minimum one full set of armor, though I'm certain a lot of players before that will be willing to give you random equipment hook ups.
( everquest.allakhazam.com/search.html?q=royal velium frosted )

If you interested in that just ask for guild, which acts as the servers leveling / newbie guild until post 50 levels where you can join one of the raiding guilds.

Any questions just leave here.

p2002.com/
(client information/download)
p2002.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2152

How solo friendly is this game? I'm not talking about being able to run dungeons by myself but can I safely go kill 10 skeletons for a quest without a full party?

I had friends who played EQ.

I just jerked it to the elf.

Is this associated with the same people behind p1999? None of the dev names seem familiar, but I want to avoid anyone associated with p1999 as the admins and players there were fucking unbearable.

I played on the most recent live progression server from launch for about three weeks before getting burned out in lguk and having to fight endless hordes of RMT groups, so the low population here sounds good and with boxing enabled I can play whenever.

Gtfo

Pj1999 is significantly better than your shitty server, and I havent even played it

It has nothing to do with p99

You might think that, I might have had I never left p99 and took a break from EQ. But as you said you never tried so..

P99 is fucking cancer as already knows. Enjoy farming KC for a million years so you can buy some epic from from batphoners.

some classes are solo friend. (necromancer)

I've had the urge to play Everquest Online Adventures again lately, but I know that like the urge to shit, the feeling will immediately dissipate the moment the task is done.

Besides, I doubt anybody gives enough of a fuck about EQOA to set up a private server for a PS2 exclusive game that is much worse than the PC version which is still running.

I played EQ a little back in the late '90s and all I remember is that it was a miserable waste of time. I played MUDs as far back as the '80s and it felt like a graphical MUD that had been made impersonal and was designed for grind rather than fun.

so do I need to pirate everquest titanium separately?

Everything post Kunark is trash.
Moon cats are bullshit.
PoP is pure, distilled cancer.
I played a metric shit ton of EQ from release through PoP. Magician. Epic and all that shit. Monk. Necromancer. The grind, my god the grind.

There is no reason to play this piece of shit game now.

Any glaring class disparities at max level? Going to start playing this weekend, I usually roll SK and box some kind of priest, generally Shaman as Ogre is my favorite race.

You can't go back to MMOs user. Everyone knows the ins and the outs of the game by now, you'll never recapture that feeling you once had.

Magician was best in PoP. Everyone has their expansion breaking point, for me it was just after PoP though. Quite frankly PoP is a perfect end-game server time period..

cleric and enchanter are still the best level 60 classes most desired on raids. the server is heavy on tanks so using a pet class or monk as your "tank" will make it easier to get raid gear.
I rolled a SK/BST/DRU and it works preety gud.
checklist.. pick what you need.

tank (warrior, shadowknight, paladin)
heals (cleric, shaman, druid, hybrids)
slower (enchanter/shaman)
resurrection (cleric, paladin, — necromancer)
crowd control (enchanter, bard, others)
tracker - (ranger, druid, bard)
summon corpse (necromancer, shadowknight)

you can pick upto 3 at once. bst/dru is ultimate 2box imho, for 3 any tank+dps+healer

I'm doing stuff I never did in EQ, the server is preety heavy into Luclin and I just got my Emp Key last night, and Sleepers Tomb key and primal weapons a couple weeks ago.. TBH I never did that cool shit on EQ live.

add to slower – also bard/beastlord

also SK/SHM is a great 2box but lacks dps.

Evercrack bump

"XP weekend" starts in 6 hours, this will be my last bump to this thread, just want to give any infrequent visitors like myself a chance to see this thread.

Is there a solid faction neutral leveling path on Luclin? Going to go SK/X/DRU, and I'd like to level somewhere new that I don't have to worry about some of my group being KOS. I've had enough of classic from recent servers and I never really liked the Kunark low level areas.

I seem to remember ranger being borderline useless at max level, but I imagine that was eventually changed.

mmos are shit, and older mmos are even bigger shit. why would you play such turds? because you like shit-tier gameplay and have massive brain-damage?

Not sure if you can set it up better but UI and controls feels horrendously dated, even obsolete.

What's the penalty for dying exactly? Dying at level 1 apparently lets you keep all your stuff while in p1999 you would have to get them from your corpse. Also compass and "Sense Heading" seem to co-exist.

I'm playing right now on pop locked agnarr server and it's been fucking awesome

As someone that regularly plays on P99 i can support this statement. 90% of the player base on P99 are scummy, whiny, little shit stains that will take sincere offense to even the most minor thing and their blind lust for pixels and illusionary status has made for some incredibly stupid and pointless fucking drama. I cannot even begin to explain how stupid and sensitive your average P99 player is. Now don't get me wrong, not everyone is a waste of space. There are some genuinely good people there and i love being able to play classic Everquest. But fuck me sometimes i'm glad the red server is dead so i have a place to go when i don't want to deal with the retards on blue server.

PROUDPINE OUTPOST PRIDE, WORLDWIDE. CLW FAGGOTS, PLS GO.
Last I heard the guys behind the revival project were able to spawn shit again and get basic npc dialogue working. Hopefully we can farm max exp debt again fucking around PoD or Lavastorm again soon.

IIRC my impression of playerbase was positive but I only made it to like level 5 couple of years ago, I remember following:

Equipment has weight.

The lower levels are somewhat free from the greed and drama but you still come across scum regardless. The two biggest issues with P99 is the raid scene and the East Common Lands tunnel. I say this because the EC tunnel is where all the players on blue server gather for trade and commerce, you have folks there that due nothing but play the market and amass pixels for the simple sake of being rich and having the ability to lord over players. Those who do so are referred to as 'tunnel fatcats' or as Holla Forums would understand more; Tunnel Jews. They are real and they WILL nickle and dime your ass,

Project 1999 has more players on the server than the original eq had. And it stops at Velious which was the last good expansion. Having Luclin is not a selling point for project 2002.