When do y'all expect the pyro update? I'm betting on tomorrow

When do y'all expect the pyro update? I'm betting on tomorrow.

Other urls found in this thread:

teamfortress.com/jungleinferno/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When do y'all expected the complete destruction of TF2? I'd bet on next year.

Being generous I see.
About a month after the update drops. Reddit will have killed it.

MUWAAAH THE FRENCH

Actually take it back even those guys aren't that bad. Compfags will have done it.

NEVER EVER
And if it does come out, it's going to be full of nerfs to pyro

A clusterfuck, nothing but bullshit.

Trips of truth?
Yeah its probably gonna be a fuck load of cosmetics mashed into the halloween update. Probably going to make VSH official though.

Balance changes that will be entirely ignored by the competitive scene. New experimental pub builds that will be cancerous for the first few weeks, especially once our lovely commentary community starts positing forward new meme builds.

Plenty of cosmetics themed to the holiday and the 'jungle' aesthetic. New unusual effects. Perhaps some new weapons, mechanics changes.

A massive influx of players new and old. Valve has milked this update for so long that if it delivers, I wouldn't be surprised if TF2's playerbase grows by a factor of two or three. If not, it will not change much of anything, and the community will continue it's slow and steady decline.

Definitely

Probably wednesday or thursday but at the same time they might pick a weekend if more player average uptime is then.

This is why pyro mains are fucking degenerates.

Oh shit a new animation, I hope its does have muh portal/rick&morty/reddit humor.

6 years ago. It's hard to believe some people still cling to this dry husk of a ruined F2P piece of shit. Valve deserves only death.

t. Overshitter

Hes right tough.

It's out now.

teamfortress.com/jungleinferno/

so is this a thing that is going to happen or just a shitty cosmetic and a huge dissapointment again? the maps look nice though

my dick is ROCK GODDAMNED HARD

user I…

oops, close enough though

I don't give a fuck what ya'll think, I'm excited to see the full update.
I wonder what they're gonna do with holloween this year

Its too big to be a cosmetic, so its most likely going to be a secondary slot item, like the Solider's backpack.

This is Halloween this year

I sure hope they add the halloween part in the update then.

My sweet summer child

Its shown being used in the update vid

This better be real.

If they update his stats, we're going to fucking crazy town.

Also didn't they say that Pyro was going to get a Class Pack worth of items?
So it isn't going to just be the fucking jetpack either

I'd be slightly disappointed if that was the case.
Like that pyro update where the only new weapon was an automatic version of the detonator.

Enjoy the jetpack using the same ammo pool as the flamethrower or something just as retarded

Or even worse: The jetpack wont ignite players when they are under the thrusters

No what I am saying is that pyro is supposed to get like, 5 new weapons, IIRC that's how much the demo got in his class pack. Eyelander, Targe, Scot resistance skullcutter and something else?

jetpack has the same effect as an airblast poofbut you cant see where are you aiming itand that's all it does, no flying

I mean, a poof hop would still be pretty rad.

CEASE

>people will then mod the jetpack to be a big butt on the pyro and the jetpack thruster flames will just be fart gas
This is what happens when you meme irresponsibly.

I theorize that it might be activated by a charged button hold. Hold the button down briefly for a slightly higher jump at the cost of a minor use of your flamthrower fuel, and holding it down longer will give you rocket jump levels of air at the cost of half or more of your fuel.

I think that would be a pretty fair trade-off. It would be unfair if you take damage when you use it.

what if jetpack uses no ammo and it's on a cooldown instead and the update introduces cooldowns for everythingwe want the tumblrwatch audience back

Overwatch is bleeding players though.

BLOOD-FUELED JETPACKS

I can only hope we can airblast while flying

Also inb4 the banjo taunt is a looping one and an entire server fills up with 24 banjos going at it at the same time

I think the novelty wore off after conga would cause entire servers to essentially stop playing.

>dueling banjos
Hmpst I doth wonder.

Is such a thing even possible?

Cry more Mr Easy Mode Doe

I'm gonna level here
I do wish Heavy would have won the class pack, even if it meant getting the Uncle Dane's I'm a fucking Egomaniac faggot and think heavy should bring me metal for my shit because I can't build a dispenser

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT

THE SKY WILL NO LONGER PROTECT YOU FROM THE FLAMES OF MY VENGEANCE

I really doubt it.

All though this is pretty much going to be scorch-hopping 2.0: 0 skill edition

3 years ago

SO FAR AWAY, WE WAIT FOR THE DAAAAEYAAY

Sure, but im saying that its probably going to be loud as fuck, preventing you from using it as an ambush tool, as others will just hear the jetpack and think "oh a pyro just flew up onto that place and is going to try and drop down on me"

IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING THEN THE ENEMY DOESNT EITHER

I'm assuming that if the jet pack is even just barely decent, if you're able to hear the jetpack sound it's already too late.

The first week of any new weapon is the weapon balance week. The jetpack is going to be such a powerful pubstomping meme that nobody will be able to stop it until Valve does just in time for Halloween.

So do you guys think Quickfix Medic's will be able to jump with their new pocket pyros?

this is relevant again

It better immolate people on take off.

I don't see why they couldn't. I can't imagine they'd make the theorized jump ability any different than the demo or soldiers.

Agreed. Pyro is a powerhouse for those who know how to play it. Compared to the rest of the classes, he has so many ways to fuck with ubers and explosives. It looks to me like instead of addressing the main problem that Pyros faced, they overcompensate, address other things and make him too versatile in those areas. As much as I hate to use "meme" out of it's original context, it looked to me like it was a meme-vote and nothing else.

Don't lie you fuckers, you know it's easy to abuse Pyro. He needs fixes, but not like this.

Ive had this idea for a while, how good/bad/retarded is it?
A 4th "weapon slot" for Scout, for alternate mobility
Default is the standard double jump.

Alternate 1 is no double jump, instead gets a ground slide.
Keeps him low to the ground while still going fast.

Alternate 2 is an air dash.
Activated in same way as double jump. Instead getting more vertical height, you just boost horizontally in the direction you are going. Trading off vertical mobility for way more horizontal mobility.

I will bet money that it's just a cosmetic, or limited to some shit game mode like mann power.

Go be a no fun allowed faggot back in the tf2v thread

antifun is antilife

this is going too far

Also
The birdcage cosmetic finally makes sense now

You may have a point, but since it was featured in the trailer, even given the final shot the trailer, I'm going to reservedly assume that it's going to be a new weapon for pyro that will be usable in all game modes.

I don't put it past Valve to limit it's use, but based on the evidence given in the trailer, I have to say that yes, it will be a feature.

Seems good, but then we'd have to contend with the absolute terror of atomizers, soda poppers, and FaN scouts with mutli-directional jumps. I'm not sure my heart can take that kind of stress.

Circa 4 years ago.

Fuck it just set in that the actual update isn't going to be out for another like 4 days

Why not make your mobility dependent on what sort of main gun you have equipped?

We anime fighter now
Seriously though, sounds like it'd make the scout a pain in the ass for any class that has to aim but goddamn it sounds super fun

How do you expect anyone to figure that out?

Skullcutter came long after the demo update.

Are you sure?

Yeah, the demo update (which was coupled with the soldier update) came out with the Targe, Scottish Resistance, and the Eyelander, for demo.
The soldier got the Direct Hit, the Equalizer, the Buff Banner, and he won the war so he got the gunboats (which later became equip-able on demoman for some reason)

Wrong. Demo never got the Gunboats. You might be thinking of the Ali Baba's Wee Booties.

Well I'm convinced

I was imagining the air-dash would be more akin to Remilia's airdash in the 2hu fighting games, pretty much a short-ranged teleport that doesn't go through walls.

Scouts don't teleport fucker.

Oh, shit, you're right. I wasn't thinking of the Wee Booties, though. I was thinking of the parachute.

I don't know who fucker is or why would scout teleport him

I don't know how to feel about this…
I will be pissed if this doesn't happen for this year's scream fortress.

Nope, that's the "Halloween" update. Just wait a few weeks so they would reactivate the events.

They're loosing relevancy? Is the audience slowly realizing that game is just one hit wonder? That is, if you only count the marketing

#HYPE
Anyways, I'm browsing the 4-Chan thread on the TF2 update, and I can't tell the difference between this thread and that thread. We all both agree that this is probably the most exciting TF2 has been for a while.

stay there shitheap

No matter how much of a ravaged corpse the game is I'm still a bit fond of it. Even if the jetpack is a huge disappointment I have to check out the pyro update, if anything I can find ways to get fags like mad about new pyro toys like when phlog came out.

At the very least they acknowledged some of the problems with pyro, there was group a of people who made a list of things like weird reflects and particles behaving differently with latency. Unlikely they'll actually put a dent in pyro's actual problems but at least they know about it. Means they'll get to it around the same time they fix all the animations they broke.

He is autistic, bare with him.

That's not a very high bar.

I'll be honest, I probably will stick with vintage, but the little short they did was neat, and the voice they gave hale was nice. I remember the one they use for the VSH mod and it was utter ass. Like a dude trying to be Australian.

Not too thrilled with the pyro jetpack as valve will fuck it up and once people start bitching nerf it most likely till it's useless

Have you not learnt anything? NuValve is shit.

Well at least one good thing will happen right?

I almost didn't see your flag.

Honest question: what are the legitimate flaws of TF2 and why is TF2V considered better than it?
I want to get into this game but I don't know which version is objectively superior and thus worth my time.

It's more that Overwatch is a really badly lobotomized version of what people want from an objective based arena shooter. It was mostly the WoW/LoL effect and people were simply playing overwatch because other people were, but even now it's losing that since it turns out taking out the retarded amount of interchangable customization for tf2 and making it 6v6 makes it really fucking boring.
Which is what 90% of the people that play tf2 could tell you

Literally no balance, Soldier always and forever gets the coolest shit while everyone else gets shat on to varying degrees, all because of the autistic competitive 6v6 tryhards that are also a tiny minority

THE TROLLS ARE BECOMING INCREASINGLY EPIC!!!!!!!!!!

Vintage is considered "better" because lack of visual clutter that plagues current TF2. It's more a distilled version of TF2 before everyone ended up with nothing but silly hats and retarded gimmick weapons. While there are plans for the pre-mannconomy weapons that's the extent of it.

Not to mention blizzard paid tons of people and signed people into contracts to exclusively play overwatch on jewboobs

I liked the short and lemme tell you why

p gud, 7/10

Stop sucking valve off you autistic fuckrod. Do you honestly believe this update is going to be any less disappointing than the last?

he's talking about the short. Stop acting like a nigger

The music used in the short was pretty good, even though it sounded like a remix of the original theme. Definitely better than the shit that crawled out of MyM.

This thread just makes me angry. I fucking hate the pyro class. It counters basically everything. The ez mode class

Hello mark

You are missing the point: this is the Pyro update, an update with the goal to change the pyro into a more fun and better character.

By giving him a jetpack, you ae making him more interesting and unique than "the guy that burns people". A crazy guy flying and setting everyone on fire sure sounds like fun.

Pyro has mostly been about ambushing people for a sudden kill. This jetpack is probably the boot he needed to perfect that art.

This is why I suspect the jetpack is not a secondary, but an actual thing that every Pyro will have.

Not defending the idea or Valve here, just explaining shit. I do think Pyro is boring and kind of sucks, though. Not like I'm going to play TF2 anyway.

Nice reddit spacing, newfaggot.

Really hope they don't half ass the weapon balancing.

I liked the short and will play the update, but I know it will most likely suck shit and leave all you faggots who still play this garbage on a regular basis even more disappointed.

6/10 made me reply

I hope the jetpack isn't a melee slot replacement, that would get rid of his only weakness.

They'll just do the usual and nerf all the things that piss off tryhard metafag soldier mains. There is zero effort put into the "balancing".

Have they ever broken their "Every class must always have a melee weapon as backup" rule?

The Spycicle breaks this rule if you're on fire while its in your hand.

TF2 has the balance of SSB:M, that is to say none whatsoever. The game has been around for over a decade now, and with the competitive scene being around nearly as long there's been a huge divide between the general community and the elites who are more apt to influence Valve's TF developers compared to the general population. Couple that with the dwindled developer population working on the game since most moved on to Dota and CSGO, the playerbase shrinking with time and lack of updates (plus shiny new FPS games, we seem to forget that TF2 is a DECADE OLD), and the general malaise surrounding the future of content in the game and it's direction and you have a recipe for disaster. We have been waiting for a long time to get this update, and I have faith that we'll get some very nice changes (Source 2 port, Directx 11-12 optimization, necessary weapon balances).

TF2V is a novelty and community driven TF2 mod that we play here. Never seen the server (singular) have more than 20 players, and that's on game night days. Most days it's empty, and most of the time it's just classic Holla Forums bitterness; they would rather play a vanilla game that isn't finished rather than play the current state product.

The weakest classes in TF2 are also the least mobile, and the Pyro is no exception. In a very real sense, time has turned the class-based combat into a 20XX grind where the only viable picks are Solider, Demo, Medic, and Scout with occasional Heavy/Sniper offclassing. And since the only players that really play the game nowadays are either tryhard weebs that are holdovers from playing the game for years and pubbies that don't know what's going on, we start seeing the same things over and over again with little variety. Introducing ways to give a class another niche can combat that treadmill of metagame time, though it isn't always effective. Soldier is still the strongest overall class in the game, and Fox is still the strongest overall pick in Melee.

Pyro has good mobility already, problem is most people rarely press anything but w+m1 when playing pyro
More mobility would make fighting a good pyro even more frustrating than it already is

If they dont fix the horrible flamethrower particle mechanics this will be completely pointless
This shit is fundementally broken and it wont get better until they do a complete rework of the entire game

Shitter scum
Bet you can't detonator jump over at Process hmm??
CEASE YOUR FAGGOTRY

What happen when you're out of ammo? Granted, its very unlikely but then wat?

Please don't spoonfeed.

HEY VALVE, YOU COULD HAVE SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE AND NOT MADE THE DETONATOR A PIECE OF SHIT.

How about you go back there?

I thought that shit went obsolete when the scorch shot was added.

Fucking pickle rick nigger.

It's stupid to hope for anything good, isn't it? It will be nothing but disappointment and hats in the end.

Detonator is technically better but it has a huge skill ceiling compared to the scorch that almost gurantees setting people on fire

Go fuck yourself

Dont sperg out when you're spotted

Source 2 for DotA 2 doesn't use DX12, but it does have Vulkan support. No way in hell is this update getting Source 2, and I seriously doubt TF2 will ever get ported to Source 2. They announced it for CS:GO but I don't see them being able to justify spending time on doing the same for TF2.

How the fuck is that "reddit spacing", you fucking idiot?

Take

a

wild

fucking

guess

No more running away you pussy shit coward soliders. You pick a fight with a pyro YOU FUCKING FIGHT THE PYRO

Did they fix Classic?

tf2 is dead you stupid nigger

How

New

Are

You?

Scorch shot is better imo. Has plenty of more practical horizontal jumps and is better for phlog abuse. And the taunt kill is like 200% better both for style and it seems to always work around corners.

A problem with Overwatch's community is how it took a large playerbase from both LoL and CS:GO.
LoL players get updates every other week with small or massive changes while Overwatch gets them every 2 months, and ends up breaking more things for an additional weak.
CS:GO players are used to better hit reg and valve is attempting to bring people back, plus Dust II remake is coming which will surely take a chunk from Overwatch.

Tell me how the fuck is the same as that shit. Bunch of autists being worst that the shit they hate so much.

You're just a pleb
I just used this thing for 2 days tho

This

Well i don't deny that the Scorch shot has become the pleb's Detonator, since it has the same AoE and you only have to hit the surface without detonating the flare before it hits the surface. However the friggin thing has even lower damage than the detonator and its flare jumps can't even compare to the Detonator.
Embed related

nigger, they'll just get new players anyways since the streamers / e-sports are still playing that travesty of a CS game

Eh, I think scorch shot and detonator server two different things. I use both a lot.
Scorch shot has better horizontal jumps and less damage, making it really good for a sort of scout-ish pyro. Also its low damage means nobody really respects it so you can farm a phlog charge really easily, and the blast on contact seems better for finding spies if you're helping an engineer.
Detonator is better for literally anything else. Like seriously, I piss soldiers off with it because they think flares can't hit them in the air. And most the enemy team because what the fuck that thing actually does set everyone on fire.

Also I hope no e-sports faggots join tf2 after this update. We got enough.

Originator of the comment chain here
I meant that detonator, but they both accomplish a similar enough task

Hopefully they'll rework the Detonator now that the jetpack is stealing its jumping niche. Who am I kidding, we've all got backpacks littered with garbage unlocks that serve absolutely no purpose.

Should agree. Jetpack look cool and unbalanced on paper, but losing primary is dealbreaker.

Go back.

Forgot pic

Fair enough, and i will say that the Scorch shot is really good for pissing off snipers

Reminds me of how easy it is to make those thing viable
Scout
>Shortstop
Baby Face Blaster
>STOP NERFING SHIT THAT ISN'T OP IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE, GIVE BACK ITS OLD STATS
>Sun-on-a-Stick
Pain Train

Pyro
>Phlog (not really useless but it is bad now)
>STOP NERFING SHIT THAT ISN'T OP IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE, GIVE BACK ITS OLD STATS
>Mannmelter
>Sharpened Volcano Fragment A.K.A The weapons that literally nobody uses
Axtinguisher

Demo
>Loose Cannon
>Scottish Resistance
or
>Claidheamh' Mor
>STOP REWORKING SHIT THAT ISN'T OP IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE, GIVE BACK ITS OLD STATS
>The Ulapool Caber
STOP NERFING SHIT THAT ISN'T OP IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE, GIVE BACK ITS OLD STATS
GIVE ME BACK MY FUN OF ACKBAR'ING SNIPERS FROM THE SKY

Heavy
>Brass Beast
>Give back its original damage resistance when spun-up, don't make it only active when the Heavy is on near death, that would just make it useless
>Huo-Long Heater (not really useless but not really good either)
>Buffalo Steak Sandvich
Warrior's Spirit

what an autismo, just remove all of them and apply every positive on top, call it qwtf mode oh wait that's taken xddd

Giving the Claidheamh Mor back its old stats would be pointless since there isn't a Tide Turner to use it with. Demoknight's only even remotely viable if you can charge people and kill them, which you can't do if you can only go in straight lines or don't get crits at the end of your charge.

All you can do with the Chargin' Targe is have a pocket medic and be a huge faggot who can't ever die because you have 50% damage resistance and run away at the slightest hunt of danger, which is fucking retarded and the opposite of what demoknight is supposed to be: Fun.

The original Baby Face Blaster was absolutely busted: Scout could outrun his own hitbox at maximum boost.
It needed to be changed, just not that drastically.

I must might install TF2 again just for this. Let's hope that the memes become real:

I've been a Pyro main since near the start of since I started playing. He's been through a metric shitton of nerfs as a class when he was already the worst class in the game. You can't approach anyone, which means you have to flank them; but what happens when your opponent knows to keep an eye on corners and position themselves correctly so they won't get ambushed? Pyro has been absolute shit at high-level play, and the "puff and sting" Degreaser + Reserve Shooter + Axtinguisher wasn't really OP since if you were ambushing someone, you could just be a Spy and backstab them and get an instant kill. It's just a bunch of extra steps that can still lead to you being killed. While it was incredibly deadly, it allowed the Pyro to shine in certain 1v1 situations, and that was amazing. Most of the time while playing Pyro I'm just thinking "If I were a Soldier I could launch some rockets over there and deal some damage instead of hiding here and waiting and being useless" or "If I were a Scout I could run faster, jump higher, and have a really powerful shotgun for my ambushes", and I really wish they would buff items to make the game more balanced instead of nerfing everything remotely fun. What the fuck happened to the Powerjack? I seriously miss reaping enemies for heals or even my teammates just leaving weakened foes for me to eat up like I was some kind of wild beast on their side, just so I could get the bonus HP and become some insane monster. Pyro has always felt like one third wild animal, two thirds batshit Jason-tier serial killer from some shlocky horror movie, and I really want him to start living up to that more.

He's still fun to play, but I'm having more difficulty with him than ever because of these nerfs. I'm hoping this update will bring some new shit that I'll be able to rape with, because I miss being feared and having everyone on the enemy team complaining about a Pyro just ripping them all to shreds because they didn't know how to check around corners and play things safe in dangerous areas, or while isolated. Also fuck; poor Heavy mains. That class used to be the main deal of the game, but now he's just shit and it makes me sad. They really need to undo a lot of these nerfs.

Soon user. With a little bit of luck, Pyro will become a force to be reckoned with.

pitiful

Now good for all modes.

He's right though. Unless you go to reddit you're never going to know about their shitty formatting system.

In fact this issue retards like you have has been a recent thing which makes me think the people bitching about "reddit spacing" are redditors who freak the fuck out like the typical sub-humans they are and see this and then proceed to chimp out. I mean fuck I've been doing this kinda shit for years to separate thoughts in a post and not until recently (last few months) have I seen this shitty complain crop up.

Still more alive than TF2C. A big issue is it has no real exposure. Not to mention TF2C lost a lot of it's playeerbase not only from lack of updates but dev drama

How fucking retarded are you? The autism behind this is unbelievable.

I, for one, welcome this change.

no
i think its kinda of a moot point since the 2 classes that could use it can just rocketjump / stickyjump away.
But i guess its better than nothing.

Well shiieeeeeet, i'm clamoring for the return of the Claid's original stats because i like doing crazy trimping around the map. That 0.5 seconds is alot if we're talking demoknight, i used to main the Claid, Targe, and Loch-n-Load (before Valve nerfed it). And with trimping you can pretty much jump around the fucking map

Yeah it was kinda broken doesn't it? But the fact that damage will decrease your boost pretty much makes it near useless
I like going sanic-fast though

Oh man, this guy right here. Even before the F2P days Pyro has always been given the short end of the stick. All of once viable Pyro loadouts have been nerfed to the ground, there has never been drastic weapon nerfs just for one class. But i guess Valve is just confused for the Pyro's role in high-level play, but instead of deepening the niches the pre-nerfs loadouts have made, Valve just said "screw it, this isn't what we intended for the class, fucking nerf it all to the ground since fuck you Pyro".
Valve just haven't realized that the Pyro has the potential to be a very all-rounder class but on an opposite spectrum of the soldier, where the soldier is a powerhouse class, Pyro excelled as a utilitarian that draws it versatility from its loadout. Ever wonder why the degreaser is so popular for pyro mains? Because its fast speed switch makes the pyro able to change weapons at lightning speed for a quick combo. Pyro's strength lies in its ability to completely synergize its melee, secondary and primary, no other class relies on its secondary or its melee weapon as much as the Pyro (ok, maybe the demoman is a contender for this).
Last but not least, we have the heavy. Oh man the heavy, the poor guy have also share its bad luck regarding the game. His role as a moving, shooting, brick wall has left him easily telegraphed by other classes, and Valve has left him in the dust with the amount of playstyle he gets. Not to mention, the recent (completely unwarranted, fucking useless, for what fucking purpose) nerf also makes him less capable at ambushing people.

Because people are idiots

I'm so fucking ready

Valve needs to release a hillbilly cosmetic pack for Engie and Pyro, complete with flop-hats, corncob pipes, and jugs.

Just imagine the Pyro backpack replaced by a still and the Engie carrying a blunderbuss.

Better yet

I can already see the youtube commentators making guides and compilations.

I want the script to be flipped for once.
Soldier and demo are nerfed on a fundamental level: Explosives now have double the AoE but half the damage.
Explosive jump damage remains the same.
Gunboats make you fly further but still take full damage.
Stickies have a 1 second arm time.
Escape plan is nerfed to only up to 110% move speed
Scattergun's damage is lowered.
Scout slides when changing directions

Then watch the fireworks as soldiers have to pick and choose when to rocket jump, actually using the shotgun. Demos have to rely on their secondary as a secondary and actually make traps. Scouts have to think about their movement least they slide right into a pyro.

It actually sounds very fun but I'd only take this if there was a buff to movement speed. Being just marginally faster than the other fast classes and having high close quarters damage but having less maneuverability and being that much of an easier target for any other class wouldn't be worth it.

Reminds me of the Engineer update.

I would love to see the pyro play like the Assault Marines from Dawn of War 2. Shit, take away his flamethrower for all I care - make the jetpack a market gardener style weapon where you land crits if you actually manage to hit the enemy before you hit the ground.

This way, it would be satisfying both for the pyro players and for the other classes who could shoot the (relatively) slow flying pyro out of the sky if they have the situational awareness to notice her.

WeW lad. That stickynerf is something to consider but everything else is kek-worthy.

But the Pyro's combo getting nerfed was necessary. People who say otherwise are full-time pyromains who didn't get to experience the horror themselves. ONE good pyro was enough to stump any forward advances on an objective. The combo was able to kill, but god damn, you needed your entire team + a medic behind you to kill this ONE fucker. This is biased, I will admit. Pyro is almost my least played class, but this is how I felt when getting raped with Degreaser+Axtinguisher all the time.

I like to think that a good benchmark of balance is to theoretically think what happens when an entire team picks one class. Pyros can casually reflect projectiles and accidentally kill even if it wasn't their intention. They can snipe from afar and cause crits. They can airblast people into corners and off maps and neuter ubers. Anything getting close to them will be immolated and airblasted. Compared to other classes, Pyro has way too much versatility. If you picked only Soldiers, Demos or Heavies, you would eventually stop them due to how overspecialized their attack was. Pyro on the other hand can fuck with damn near everything the game throws at him.

I for one welcome the banjo future

He dont have mobility and after nerfing airblast (all can now freely move while airblasted) pyro is harmless.

t. medmain

Well done, you'll shown that with skill you can use the Detonator to do jumps that Soldier and Demoman make effortlessly.

If a weapon doesn't even give you, as a close range class, the mobility that fucking range classes enjoy then it's a fucking joke.

But where is the pyro ass?
Where is the fem-medic/scout?

Gee, almost like the close range class excelled in close range…. Hey did we ever think to shoot him with something that can't be reflected and not walking onto the point while he's there?

N-nuh, my superior skill should allow me to survive firing a rocket at my enemies point blank while still getting a point, even if the blast offs me as well.

What is a shotgun?

You mean that thing that replace the gunboats? I'll be so slow if I use that and rocket jumping would kill me!

Let's all hope that it's a primary replacement because if it's fucking flamethrower x vertical mobilty it's gonna be a fucking mess

Yes it is but i believe jetpack consume flamethrower ammo and you gain some mobility while losing primary weapon and have less ammo for main weapon.

Also less ammo for reflects, which will put a major frown on many incompetent pyro players who run towards soldiers while holding M2 pressed.

You need higher than room temperature IQ to converse here

Let me have some hope. Flying pyros are fucking scary.

Or they might go for something like a huge jump and a slow fall kinda like the BASE jumper

Cleary, ubering the pyros is asking too much. Or making them use phlogs. You say "muh bullets", but you know that if you are within bullet/shotgun range of a pyro, you are as good as dead.

Really now. Any good Pyro will shoot a scorch shot at the heavy and run away if on defense. If the heavies get too close, they'll just airblast him away. On attack, just get a medic behind one of them and watch as everything gets rekt, UNLESS there is a good pyro on the other team

They only have one form of attack or defense. Think about what a heavy attack/defense would look like and tell me that isn't easy to break. Same with soldiers or demos. When you think about a pyro attack/defense, you need to start bending over backwards to thwart their efforts and that was even more so before the nerfs. Even if there are versatile weapons, soldiers will get stumped by short range classes, explosions, well-placed sentries, etc, same with demos. Heavies are not only weak to snipers, spies and pyros, but to soldiers and demos as well. My point is that a full pyro team would have too many answers to everything that is waiting for them.

You're losing your composure.

I'm calling the detonator shit because Pyro has to use an unlock to do a fraction of what Soldier and Demoman can already do. Because TF2 is a class game and comparing weapons to the shit other classes can do is valid.

Also:

Have any of you considered the possibility that this thing is going to be a primary unlock that replaces airblast? Using the jetpack is going to need to be bound to a key after all and right click is a viable candidate. (Though I would have thought they would have given the flamethrow a unique model if that was the case, I'm inclined to think this is going to be a secondary that is activated through your space bar).

Alright, pick one of the following:

>Jetpack replaces airblast let's assume it's as effective because otherwise this sounds like a terrible idea

There is no precedent for that. Melee weapon is always a melee weapon in TF2.

I was mostly joking to make those classes as bad as pyro is right now.
Realistically I think only a couple tweaks could fix the balance between them.
Soldier's damage is reduced but AoE increased, making him an anti crowding class but still versatile via the shotgun and a still good rocket launcher. No gunboats though, those were a mistake.
Stickies do need a bigger arm time but keep the quickie bombs as they are to make them the prime sticky spam weapon and make stock more in between. Also make it so the arm timer resets when they get airblasted.
Scout's pretty ok but since I'm a raging pyro main: Slow him while he's taking damage so he can't escape so easily. Not by a lot, but enough that afterburn puts him to higher than medic speed, a melee hit slows him to demo speed for a second, and active burning keeps him at average speed. If a scout runs in to a pyro he deserves to die, but as is he can just run.

Also fucking stop with ways to remove fire, dear god I hope those are all removed. Make afterburn actually fucking matter again.

WHERES THE FUCKING UPDATE

sent ;)

There's no precedent for the new developers to follow old guidelines either yet here we are!

You suggest for him to use his shotgun but then he can't move around with rockets anymore. You are just making him into a shittier scout at this point.

This cannot go wrong in any way.

Pyros can already catch up to scouts easily

Nah.

Your list gave me a good chuckle. Typical pyromain, why do you have to be such faggots?

That extinguishing bit did give me an idea for a weapon though. Why not give him a weapon that causes stronger afterburn, something napalm themed? Only way to get rid of the fire is if you grab a full medkit, jump in water, or get healed by a medic. Would encourage people to play medics, too. Burns slower, but longer and deals bigger damage. Range could be reduced a little to compensate and when you kill pyro with explosives he showers a small area with fire.

Bam, new and innovative pyro weapon. There you go Valve, I'm doing your work for you. Where's my paycheck?

Holla Forums has turned into a huge fucking paranoia fest over raids, somewhat recently. Most Ledditors find this place too edgy to visit, as we've seen over the tantrums they've thrown over Mark's Mania stream, simply because he said "nigger". This shit is more or less just the community imploding on itself because of astroturfing and shitposting mindgames.
I want it to stop already holy shit this place used to be so pure back when everyone first got here during the first exodus

polite sage

Maybe its time for a second exodus?

I disagree with the gunboats nerf, but the rocket launcher nerf could just be done with a different weapon or it could just be a slight change in numbers. I play Soldier on the side here and there and I'd be fairly okay with it, but, eh, I think it's fine as it is. Not sure about resetting the bomb timers; I think they're fine as they are. Scout doesn't need to be slowed down whatsoever; a nerf to his speed would be nerfing his greatest weapon, and all of his weapons are already getting nerfed to shit. Extinguishing shouldn't be removed, but the HP bonus upon removing fire should be; having to worry about healing the enemy's Pyro whenever I light someone on fire or just getting easy HP from airblasting my teammates because the enemy Pyro is just trying to do his job by dealing damage is just kind of shit. Unnerf the Powerjack along with a bunch of the other weapons; keep the few exceptionally notable weapons slightly nerfed from when they were at their peaks, and I'm talking about the weapons for all classes. I miss when the weapons were fun and batshit to use.

Really though I can't think of any overly OP weapons that need to be nerfed too hard; they seem relatively fine. Sticky spam was a bit of a shitshow at times, but I think that was the worst it ever got. Really I didn't mind anything else; in fact I kind of want it all back.

There might be a good handful of people from 4chan who'd like to jump over, but I doubt they'd want to join if they've stuck over there for so long. Even then, board quality has always decreased whenever more "exoduses" took place. People here have hyped up moving to some place new, but really nobody wants to do that; besides, people can just make new boards. They're usually dead because nobody wants to jump over though, so the most we can do is just post good quality content on Holla Forums and hope that it reaches the right people and inspires them to do the same.

I don't know about you, but Holla Forums is far more quality oriented than 4ailchan. I see people complain that this place sucks, but all things considered this place feels more home than 4chan ever did after 2009. I go back every once in a while to see how bad it truly is and I'll never know why I stuck around there for as long as I did. I'm with you, Boss.

Why DID some of the weapons that didn't need nerfs get them? The Equalizer was perfect until it got split into two weapons. I remember the reason for this nerf happened was that you could one-shot people with it on low health. I specifically remember this one time I was running around a map with 1hp and I run into a scout. I hit him but it isn't enough to kill, so he finishes me off. He had 10 hp or so left. Not only that, the Equalizer got nerfed BEFORE the broken mess that was DR.

Righteous Bison was a really fun weapon to fuck around with. It consistently fucked with scouts and pyros both, since they didn't know how to completely evade it and they ended up running into the lasers and dying. Only downside was that the projectiles were slow and not nearly as reliable as the shotgun, but when it critted, oh baby. It was just barely usable, now it isn't even that.

Equalizer was "broken" in competitive TF2

nononono NO
that completely fucks up knockback and knocking each other around in the air while still trying to land direct hits is where all the fun is.
man shit its like you want a fucking overwatch character get the fuck out.

Things will never be the same, it went nuclear already. All you can do at this point is persist as a memory of older times. Never forget where you came from, and the laughs people have had for these past 13 years.
Offtopic

Fuck those faggots. How about making special rules for items in comp, instead of ruining weapons for everyone else?

Pyromains are retarded, pay no heed to them.

Pyro mains are, without exception, either furries, bronies, faggots, or trannies. Sometimes even a combination of the four.

rly sets the noggin rollin

Because much like ALL competitive communities, they aren't satisfied until they are given power over the actual game, like melee faggots and no items.
Even my Captcha is aware of their faggotry

Oh of course. Holla Forums is better in some areas but 4chan tends to surpass it in a few others. It's kind of sad to admit that at this point, but holy shit everyone is too uptight over leddit spacing and cross-posters to the point where they're just calling each other out and destroying peaceful and chill threads in the process.

I don't want to give up, not yet at least. I've stuck around chans for about six to seven years now, and while that's not that much, I still consider Holla Forums to be home to me. I'll certainly continue posting and I'll certainly continue caring about board quality; I always want to keep posting here and I wanna keep making mediocre attempts at OC in the hopes that someday I'll get good enough to bring a lot of laughter and memories to the people here. Fun is what imageboards thrive on, but chillness is incredibly important; if everything is shitposting then shitposting no longer becomes a fun way to share banter with Anons, and instead becomes a legit status quo of people who won't grow the fuck up and set their differences in taste or even posting habits aside.

You're getting too spooked by the hostility here. I've been around imageboards since 2005 and this isn't even the worst that I've seen. Ok, people go on witchhunts for redditors and Holla Forums likes to shitpost on every board, but it always calms down because people post slower. What eventually killed that place was the fast posting rate and the complete lack of chill. The faster a place is, the faster fear propagates. This place isn't safe from autists, but it always simmers down to a maintanable level. This said, fuck niggertits. Never look back on that place. The exodus was necessary and we are all stronger for it.

Have you ever considered that crossposters aren't wanted
halfchan is an absolute cancer fest. If you wanna stick around there and revel in the cancer, why the fuck would anyone want you bringing it with you when you decide you've had enough and come to shit up Fullchan?

woah shit did tf2 actually get a new update?

post more immediately

I am just upset that leddit makes my typing style a taboo here. I've used double line breaks for over a decade of posting on imageboards, and it has nothing to fucking do with reddit, but just with me liking to separate different thoughts or topics with clear borders.

It's funny that for "over a decade" nobody has ever called you out and only now you seem to notice.
I'm sure its just the Purest of Coincidences.

Speaking up about quality on here is a quick way to get a time out from the twelve tribe demon. The more vocal you get about it, the faster you get his ire. Dont give up, just play it smart and stay under the radar. But from my experience from the original days, i have seen Holla Forums become a husk of its former self. You used to have plenty of OC, donkey kong threads, screenshot playthroughs, drawfags abounds, and an active userbase that could shitpost with quality. The first crippling blow was around 09/10 when lebbit began to filter in. Ever since then, it has been a slow and painful death. The spirit of Holla Forums is in a vegetative state, on life support. All he has left are his dreams and memories of the better times.
This is all so depressing. I imagine this is what purgatorio would be like, for imageboards

No, it's only now that other people seem to notice or care.

It could also be that people weren't calling other people out for "reddit-spacing" because they didn't know what it was. Only a former redditor notices that in the first place. Even if he was from there, let him speak his mind and let the quality of his post determine if he should be taken seriously or not. That is the best technique to teach newcomers to our ways.

That's all there is to it. There is never a sure way to filter unwanted people out, but it also one of the reasons this place won't completely turn into an echochamber.

You outed yourself the moment you admitted you never knew it was a thing. Please go here >>>/reddit/ and never return.

oh wow they found a way to make pyro even worse
pyro mains constantly bitch about being nerfed when they're one of the most annoying and unfun classes to play against

I'm glad I stopped playing this pile of shit ages ago

Oh no, sure it's been worse on 4chan, but on here it's just getting grating because you can't go to a single thread without seeing someone flipping shit over thinking they saw a bogeyman somewhere. There's still good OC, but it's just that things have been deteriorating a bit. I'm just pushing for this because it seems like there's nobody else going on about this and why it's bad for the board; if nobody else is gonna do it, someone has to.

Yeah, of course. But at this point if you go to 4chan, you'll actually be escaping a lot of the shitposting we have here, too. Holla Forums has kind of become 4chan with a superiority complex at this point. It's kind of up for debate which is worse, but I've stuck with Holla Forums all of these years for a reason.

No, leddit spacing has legit become some kind of taboo as if Reddit users don't use any other website and only think Reddit formats as it does. It's a lot more likely that other users are just blowing it out of proportion, since this kind of "spacing" has been a thing forever and is only know being treated like some kind of terrible thing to do.

I got a graphics tablet a couple weeks ago and I'm practicing with that shit. I wanna be an actual good drawfag someday so I can make good OC. People like you and me will always stick around and care about the board, and that's the most we've got; if we can keep making good posts, people will want to leave less and others might even start to come back in as they start to get linked to the good threads by their friends they met through gamenights here and the like.

I agree with this. Everyone started from somewhere and we should try and be harsh, but still give good shit to lurkers. Back in 2011 on 4chan it would just be "holy shit lurk more before posting" rather than "fuck off and never come back", because those people would be able to give good OC and contribute later on once they figured out how to not be a faggot.

Cool story bro. People weren't freaking out about double line breaks until the second exodus, and that is a fact. Your revisionist history won't work here. Here, have some decade old Holla Forums and /a/ screencaps with double line breaks.

Did you not check my supreme trips of truth? One look at those people and you can see that they are people who are Holla Forums regulars. There is an uneasy balance, but balance still. We are still here because we are doing something right. If you see those people starting shit, ignore them. Soon as you stop responding to their flamebait, the faster they lose interest.

Lebbit spacing wasnt always called lebbit spacing, but that formatting style has always been mocked. You cannot even begin to tell me old Holla Forums or Holla Forums allowed that type of formatting to go on without getting bullied. In the old days, it was called double spacing, because that's what it is.
Good luck on making OC, but please, dont go the patreon/e-artist route and try to make shekels off posters here.

Woah now, spergoid. Just because you have some old screenshots, that doesnt mean it was accepted and commonplace.

Stop yelling about muh imageboard culture and instead let's yell about how THE FUCKING SITE STILL HASN'T UPDATED FOR DAY 2

You faggots never give up do you? At this rate you faggots are gonna bug Jim or Mark until he lets you rate posts and then you'll claim that has always been a part of Holla Forums too.

Do you have some sort of disability that prevents you from going more than a sentence without contradicting yourself? I will always maintain that Holla Forums is superior to 4chan, even if we've now got so many crossposters our catalogue is a mirror of Holla Forums, if only for the reason that we aren't full of SJW mods and that we've never been owned by Moot.

You seem to lack simple awareness, and you can't tell the difference between just spacing shit out as above and the average redditor's formatting. I'll give you a hint, newfag: Look at your posts, and then look at

I see there is no sense discussing this shit with paranoid faggots who for some reason know why people use double line breaks on reddit and assume everyone who uses that style in their posts must be from that place. Do you also think that using ">" for quotes originated on imageboards?

Equalizer pre-nerf was absolutely absurd. You could outrun and one-shot scouts at 50hp, and at 10hp you would hit for almost 140 damage. There's a reason why in comp it was shitposted as 'abuse unlocks'. Do a little searching back to the old fragvids just prior to the nerf, it was a major highlight of the class. And this is coming from a soldier main who loved becoming an incontestable class of death.

Oh of course; Holla Forumsfags have been reactionary kneejerk sorts, but at the same time I'd rather pin the blame on the actual actions themselves rather than just using a blanket term which will probably become a buzzword and lose it's meaning if it becomes too popular. And don't think I haven't checked those glorious trips of yours, user. I'm the motherfucking owner of /s8s/, as little as that is to brag about. I wanna bring good memes and cheer to the culture here but sadly the board is a little slow; I'm hoping to fix that someday, though.

Also, looks like the shitflingers are starting to get their panties in a bunch. Good luck everyone.

Oh totally. There's not much else to talk about and even then the actual game hasn't updated itself and patched yet. I've just been waiting for it to update and rambling about random shit, but once it actually patches I'd love to find a server to play the new maps in with the people here who'd be interested.

More evidence to support my claims.

I think the Equalizer could've kept itself as one weapon while still just having the multiplier reduced. I'm assuming the multipliers got dropped down a bit anyway, but, I could be wrong. I started playing back in 2011 once the F2P train hit because lol2poor, but even then my internet was complete ass so I just played LAN games from time to time. 2012 or so was when I got better net so I played it a shitton, then.

You got me bud, I'm convinced, you've proved me wrong.

Haha, yes my fellow redditor, those Holla Forums bullies are at fault! down with Holla Forums!

Personally I feel the same way. They could've just capped the damage and speed buffs. Logarithmic damage amp until 100 damage, logarithmic speed amp until scout speed. Max amp at >30hp. Keep immunity to medic healing sources and you're golden.

Your point?
A vague sneeze. could kill you at that point. Shit I think even the pistol has 10 base damage.

Step 1: Get on the flank.
Step 2: Abuse unlocks.

Alright already, you dislike double-spacing. The point of the matter is some people used it before reddit and still use it without being redditors. Are you seriously going to go on long tirades every time when you see this happen? Remember that this sort of witch-hunt is what was at the root of 4chan failing. We must give the benefit of the doubt, at least in le rebbit-spacing, if we are to ever learn from our mistakes.

Look at the content of their posts and then decide if they deserve ridicule. The thread about rottenreddit should be evidence enough that we are vigilant enough to detect the biggest newfags, even without any tell-tale signs.

Godspeed.

Faggot.

There are times when i wonder if it is really Holla Forums browsers, or buttblasted people from golem groups like td, /liberty/, or trs. Some of them come off as so by-the-books retard like they are being fed shit through a discord filled with sad 18-24 year olds.
I miss /n/, that was a fun time. Probably because they didnt stick thier dick in a metaphorical bee's nest and come out mostly unscathed. That is besides the point, though. Just know how to process and filter informstion without getting rumprustled, and ignore blatant bait.
Day 2 update fucking when

Might as well post my loadout.

Also
Yes, it's shit and worth bullying, but that's not 100% proof the fag is from Reddit. I don't even know where the fuck this >le reddit spacing go back to leddit meme even came from. If he uses shitty multiple-year-old memes like XD unironically or if he acts like Reddit, then he probably is. Quit being pisspants crybaby faggots every single damn time someone double line breaks.
Jetpack actually sounds like a lot of fun. If they don't charge you out the ass for it, then I might consider buying it.

nah mate please don't

Don't forget to buy loads of weapons from your local scrap dealers so you can craft all the new weapons and hats goys! :^)

I thought blue meant vintage. Have they added more vintage stuff or did they reuse the colour?

One of the main problems is that people keep taking the bait from the shitposters and giving them more of a reason to continue. Even if just be quiet and provide OC, people are going to still shitpost about things. Also
So what I'm picking up is that the Day 1 patch will happen in 4 or 5 days, once we get all of the info or some shit? Or do you think they'll give us Day 1 once Day 3 starts and then unveil Day 4 after we actually get Day 3's reveal, just to give us some kind of surprise? All I wanna know is when the fuck we're actually getting the update.

Too bad double spacing is a technique only employed by lazy fucks who probably wrote garbage papers in thier school years. It is just sucking up space, and it is improper in almost any use. It makes you look high IQ to most other people. Posting styles, formatting, etc. speak volumes towards the poster's character. Almost as much as the content, if not more.
But only us pickle rickers can truly appreciate double spacing, right? ;^)

I payed actual money for loot box crates and went to trading websites to get them
I'm a fucking faggot, I know.

That's a slightly different shade of blue. Those are some of the new case items, they use a more purple-blue shade for items whereas vintage uses a muted darker blue.

wtf I hate baneposting now

You are also a faggot.

Man, your argument for me being from reddit sure is compelling. I can't believe I never knew that I visited that site, when all along I did. You sure convinced me to go back.
Too bad, faggot, you will never recognize my posts again, and will probably have meaningful conversations with me without even knowing it. Alternatively, you can take the easy way out, assume that EVERY poster is me, and also is from reddit, 9gag and facebook, and just leave this imageboard for good.

Right back at ya, palsie!

UUUU

That's okay dude, if you count other peoples GabeBucks™ I've spent like $4000 on crates.

wtf I love baneposting now

VOLVO WHERE IS MY DAY TWO?!

The flight plan I have listed with the agency lists me, my men, Dr. Pavel here, but only one of you. First one to talk gets to say on my aircraft

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?

He didnt fly so good, who wants to try next?

Tell me about Bane, why does he wear the mask?

Lot of loyalty for a hired gun

Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.

Wiseguy huh? At least you can talk. Who are you?

Nobody cared who I was until I put on the mask.

Who we are does not matter, what matters is our plan.

If I pulled that off will you die?

It would be extremely painful.

You're a big guy.

For you.

Truly a quality banepost.
UUUU/UUUU

You're right, you'll slink off back to reddit since this was obviously your first day posting and we'll never see you again.

I sincerely find it unlikely that someone is reddit spacing regularly and is surprised, somehow, that he's been called out all of a sudden. More likely it's his first day posting and he's trying to disguise the fact that he's a newfag by talking about how totally oldfag he is, look at these screenshots dudebro!

THE FIRE RISES

Seriously though where's day two?

pls no

Probably, their office closes at 5pm pst which is now 5 minutes ago
They forgot about us. A bad omen.

Valve time, everybody.

From when i used to be an autist about tf2, i remember blogposts/updates to go up after the office closes. Keep in mind that there are probably people who work til ten-midnight there for server maintenance, cleaning, and security.

OH NO

I really like the idea now that they just call a janitor and have them do it.

Quads of foreboding disappointment

Oh god please I was just joking, I didn't ask for these quads

OH SHIT

You've doomed us user, why would you curse us like this?!

Oh, so you're playing the smart smug fucker reply eh? Well shit i can play that too you know.
You seem to forget the Pyro is not designed for mobility, its a short range class that specializes as a soft counter to all projectile-based classes and as a hard counter for spies. The detonator's jump, while not as good as demo's and soldier's, is good enough for Pyro's job since gettting to unexpected places (for pyros) is vital for close-range ambushes. Protip: Most people who plays in TF2 don't bother to look up the ceiling
How is this even a valid?
Are you going to shit on the Heavy because his sandvich can't heal faster than a Medic's?
Are you going to shit on the Spy because his ambassador is inferior compared to the Sniper's Sniper rifle?
Are you going to shit on the Pyro since his flamethrower's DPM is outclassed by the Heavy's minigun?
Better yet, are you going to shit on the shotgun because the scattergun is superior in all aspects?
In spite all of this, you do raise a good point about the possibility of the jetpack being bound to one single key, but i don't think it will replace the airblast but rather as a 'double jump' for pyros

How is this even valid tactic against heavies? sure it will deter the Heavy for awhile, but the heavy is not going to wait getting burned to death. Its a temporary solution but its not a permanent one, same goes with airblasting. Let's face it Pyro sucks against Heavies.
Yes, but as i said Pyro's weakness is against bullets. A team of engies or heavies defending a cap will do a much better job deterring Pyros compared to a team of Soldiers or Demos. Yes, Pyro is indeed a versatile class but you might be overblowing it a little.

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught

Why must you meme irresponsibly, user

I'm sorry everyone. I guess this is my revenge for never getting HL3.

And I like it

That's the kind of shit I like to see, user.

WAIT HOLY FUCK UNDO THE MEME NO MORE MEME FUCK NO STOP IT

Well this thread is a complete mess.

Got back into playing just for this update and see what the fuck has changed. I haven't played since the uber update completely killed the last of my motivation and now I come back to fucking matchmaking. All the community servers look dead or pozzed so hard up the ass with mods that it's unbearable. I recall CS:GO having this issue soon after it's beta. After being struck with this horror, I hopped into matchmaking and time and time again I managed to hit the top of the scoreboard without putting much effort into playing seriously. Did the overall skill of the playerbase dropped even further after the uber update or am I missing something here?

Damn son

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Are you trying to curse tf2? Because if so, keep it up, please let it finally die

There are very few normal people playing this game now. Here's what you're up against:

Falling under none of the above makes you a normal player, better than 60% of the player base. Congrats.

Not my intention, but very lucky. Maybe if it dies we can finally move on to Team Fortress 2 Episode 1

What is your obsession with leddit anyway?

Have you played TF2 recently? There are no 'normal' people playing that game anymore.

Gee, I wonder, you've got a good point there. We should go to reddit and advertise ourselves, now that you mention it, what can go wrong with letting reddit in afterall?

What kinda servers you going on m8?

Matchmaking, US East and West.

Do you pay attention to the people who aren't at either end of the extremes?

Oh you poor soul.

Considering how much you know about that place, I wouldn't be surprised if you did that, as a joke. How do you know so much about reddit, anyway?

I mean, what real alternative is there? I've blacklisted every modded server and I got cut from like 500+ to around 100. Most are skial servers which I can't play on since I have mods. That leaves 1-2 servers running 24/7 maps for me to play on.

Holy fucking shit, and I thought you couldn't get more cancerous.

Are you literally retarded?

I've found some good servers that are still alive. Admittedly that pool is around 5 now, but the people that play in community servers are often pretty normal. Then again I don't have mods so I'm not as restricted as you.

I have a tendency for vidya masochism.

Yeah, they tend to be quiet and do well enough to slip under the radar. I've added a lot of them actually, but they're drowning in a sea of ded players.

Alright kids, we just got over this. Prioritize the post quality before complaining about lebbit spacing. I have got trips and quads in this thread already, do not push it further.

Fair enough. At which time was the first day of this update released yesterday?

7ish.

Est? Thats almost two hours ago man.

Well, we can only hope that the next one hits in 13 minutes.

Digits only speak to the individual posts, not the poster. Getting digits doesnt make you innately right or wrong.

Learn to take a joke as a joke.

Next you'll say:

Take what your doctor is prescribing you and sit the fuck down.

Will you faggots give it a rest? Fucking Christ, both of you are attention seeking faggots with too much time on their hands. Go outside, fucking hell.

Will do, but going outside is out of the question.

So I was going over the balance patch that Valve put out back in June, where they were looking for 'community feedback'.

With everyone playing pyro this update, I propose this loadout:

That is, assuming we don't get any new weapons, considering they had a contest about that a few months back.

This. Arguments only need to go as far as they need to; if the other party isn't going to learn and you already got your point across, stop arguing instead of just resorting to shitflinging. If you're going after post quality, shitflinging is just putting you on the same level as the person who's not contributing much at all in the first place.

Wait, the other update dropped yesterday? Shit; none of the maps were in at all for me. Maybe I'll look again after I wake up because shit I've been up since 2 AM and I'm tired as fucking hell.

Not the actual update, the reveal.

Well the update didn't 'drop', it was just announced.

I'm just going to try and shoot them out of the sky with Direct Hit. If it's a jetpack, it can't be all that fast in movement speed.

Any others?

Day 2 Up

Nevermind wrong image loaded

u dirty cocktease

Liar.

please for the love of got the only thing I want is a blunderbuss or any kind of flintlock
Ideally a flintlock pistol that fires a projectile with really low firing speed that uses a bunch of metal, sticks to targets and causes your sentry to focus them to up to twice the range and remains visible on cloacked spies.
and can be used on mvm so the engi is the only class with a (really weak) hitscan weapon

IT WAS RED-ORANGE LIKE THE DAY ONE WAS, FUCKERS
I ONLY FOUND OUT WHEN I CLICKED IT AND IT REFRESHED BACK TO GRAY

Add piss-snipers and I think you have all you need for the upcoming pyro-onslaught.

why must u bully us autists so

BITCH I GOT SCHMECKLEDORFED TOO

And you spread your shmeckledorfery to all of us, you should be ashamed of yourself!

hat gaem

THATS NOT EVEN A WORD AND I don't BELIEVE YOU

I'm refreshing the page and checking as fast as my shitty 600 ping on a Boat internet can handle

Take a break boat user, we shall keep you up to date.

NO

are all these >no update blues supposed to be a sign that we should play better games?

But what other game?! None of them try to be fun anymore!

I think it was a sign to stop hyping ourselves up into thinking Valve can take TF2 in a good direction every once in a while

gotta tell you something now kiddo, there are no fun games

I don't think so.

Balance is not important in tf2, classes have specific roles which they do better than any other class. Items give flavor to those roles.

meant on medieval
goddamit I am mildly proficient at modeling but I've got no idea how to actually implement a model file as a weapon for workshop submission.

Day 2 up but its broken.
URL says another fucking campaign

Day 2 sort of up.

ded

Better now than either on day one, killing al hype or day four, dissapointing everyone.
Also the overhaul to campaigns actually sounds fun now.
This might be the first time I give the TF2 store money outside of MvM tickets.

What the fuck

BOAT FUCKED

What did they mean by this?

Hmmm…I actually approve of this.

As much as I hate cosmetics fags, there is a real economy issue in TF2 because of scrap banking and tradebots. It's real heinous shit thats inflating the price of everything and generally putting literal shekels in the hands of grubby schmucks. This might be a step in the right direction towards fixing this.

Here's to hoping there's a hacker/bot nuke on day four, the day the volcano erupts.

On another note

New flamethrower.

It looks weird

Also I'm retarded

CARDBOARD FISH

Looks like it might shoot one big fire instead of small ones

Boy howdy these new cosmetics look pretty fucking stupid.
Gonna look even worse when not on a jungle map.

inb4 junglevision

They're really blowing their load on the pyro weapons before his day, which is unlike the other updates.

They probably want to assure people there actually are pyro weapons to prevent another meet the pyro disaster.

So wait are all Skinned weapons getting turned into warpaint?

Regular skins I think stay, but get ready for CSGO levels of skins to make your PC melt. And to make everyone look even worse.

I think the co-op contract system is pretty cool, same with the fact that any weapon is customizable now, even if it's gaudy. The cosmetics look dumb but they fit with the theme so I'm not too bothered. I got a lot of bubs that would be down to finish out all the contracts in a fortnight, so this update should be a blast for me regardless of content.

Probably for the duration of the contract. They've done similar things in the past, though it would be great if this really was the death of specific weapon skins and of random drops in general.

Oh yeah and unashamed Full Furry heavy.

Yeah but some of those skins are from the Contracts themselves, not ones you can unbox.

Hehe, nice.

Somebody explain war paint to me in English.

Instead of skin crates dropping random weapons and skins it drops a random skin that you then apply to a list of weapons.

Its a strangifier but can be put on any weapon and does only skins.

Basically it's a weapon skin that you can apply to any of your items. It's kinda like the ones that you could uncrate from loot cases in CSGO only this time even a random chum can experience the magic of a cardboard fish or an obnoxiously American katana.

A single weapon from a list of weapons

I hope its a freeze-thrower. I've always wanted one.

But why is it replacing weapon drops?

Probably gonna be either a larger fire zone or a bigger airblast.

Fucking Oekaki

time to #pizzagate all my weapons

It isn't

How long before we get a no skins mod?
I just can't play with the korean tier cosmetics anymore.

Already exists.

But it is
"Introducing War Paint, which will be replacing weapon drops and weapon cases as of the Jungle Inferno Update."

Really? I can't find it, only the no hats one.

Run tf2 in directx 8. all skins default to regular, plus it adds a nice 1990's aesthetic to your graphics.

I could be wrong, But I'm pretty sure they mean "Contract Completion drops"

Pretty sure there was one on games banana

Back end looks like a leaf blower. Wouldn't surprise me if valve just made a stronger airblast flamethrower with downside and called it a day.

But then they would say for contracts. This sentence implies weapon drops completely.

I'm just going to presume they mean for contracts, and it's just buttfucked retarded wording.

I guess we will find out when the update actually happens my friend.

I am far too away from shore to be worried about this kind of thing.

Who here is stockpiling skinned weapons for the inevitable price climb following the >no more skinned weapons, only applied skin drops and unboxes meme?

Probably just going to get the only skin I actually like, to be totally honest.
Thank fuck it's Civ grade and cheap as fuck.

Never thought I'd get a chance to post these.
The worst is, one of them is already in the game.

Maybe it has an airblast that sucks players toward you but you take extra damage from sucking up projectiles.

Valve already made a blog post before about making an airblast that draws players near you being too hard to implement to the prediction system and engine.

Wait how long ago did we hit the bump limit?

no idea but we should move to the other tf2 thread rather than making a third one.

I wanna fug that Pyro

YES, I NEED IT

Daddy likes.

When I replaced that thing with a Bob Magrann mod, I started maining it often.