Does my inability to play Puyo Pop make me a bad person...

Does my inability to play Puyo Pop make me a bad person? I feel like a literal Retard trying to play this game with any competency.

only if you're not trying to improve.

Puzzle games are for children and women.

Leave a 2-space gap on the edge. Build up and then start dumping blocks there. Tetris combos involve clearing a line for every block you drop, and big combos are more effective than tetrises.
When you get dumped on the blocks appear from the bottom. If you're bad at clearing lines, this is a bad thing. If you practise clearing lines it's a great way to combo, because these lines only have one block to fill.
Practise combos. You should be able to set up a chain of 3 at the start without wasting time. Any blocks that don't fit in your chain go somewhere else to start a new chain. If they combo, immediately activate your best combo so you don't get flooded. If you see them trying to go for a big one, shit on them so they can't activate it.

Practice a lot and play Swap mode. Puyo vs Tetris is biased in Puyo's favour unless you're playing at a competitive level, where Tetris wins more.
I wish SEGA found a way to stick Columns in there too. Columns 3 with the Switch form factor would have been great

Beginner tip: set up lots of chains of three, and shit tends to fall together

Men play picross, OP!

No, you just have to practice. Still calling it Puyo Pop is the bigger problem. Also, give me your Puyo VS username.

You weren't good at Tetris to begin with either. It's not something you can "inherit" by knowing other puzzle games, you have to build the technique from scratch. Learn to quickly build combos the way that you learned to quickly lay blocks and set up clears in Tetris.
It's really something that you have to just practice and get good at, and it takes a while before you can build any appreciable skill.

Picross 3D wasn't great. It was a great idea, but it never got difficult. It was far too easy front-to-back. I think the extra dimension actually made the puzzles easier, because you had an extra dimension of clues.

Speaking of picross, is the one on the switch any good? The largest puzzle I saw on it was 15x15, which is usually trivial for me to complete, if it's not good, I'll probably just resort to the books.

I also got Puyo Puyo Tetris for my switch, and it's pretty fun. I kinda wish the main Tetris was unlimited, in that you can go beyond level 15.

Puzzles get to be 20x15 by the end. There's also mega picross. I don't know if it was ever introduced previously in the series, but it's an interesting concept that requires you to factor in shapes as well as number of squares. I'm not far into it to say if mega picros is any harder than regular, just did a few introductory missions out of curiosity, but left the rest for after I'm done with the normal game

get gud scrub

Picross S is OK. I've finished the first 70 regular puzzles and the first 40 or so mega ones, as well as the last page of each. It never gets particularly difficult, though, or stretches your deductive skills that hard, if you play a whole lot of picross. The longest a puzzle has taken me in both regular and mega is 25 minutes, and I remember the first Picross DS having some puzzles that took me over an hour.
The music is terribly limited with only 3 tracks, 2 of which sound nearly the same (and all of which are horribly boring). The visual style is standard and monotone, so none of the cool themes that Picross DS had. It's really a pretty bare-bones Picross game, which isn't too bad, but a bit of a letdown coming from something as well put-together as Picross DS (which is weird, because both are made by Jupiter).
Multiplayer is more annoying than anything else. You can't overlay your cursors, so you can be going along and get blocked by the other player physically, making you have to either go somewhere else or ask them to move if they are on a space you want to mark. Being able to overlay cursors would make multiplayer decent enough (as far as multiplayer picross works at all).

So it's alright. It really is about as simple as Picross can acceptably get. It's worth getting if you like Picross, but nothing exceptional. It feels kind of lazy, and a bit anemic.

Mega picross has been around for a bit. I remember it in a few of the Picross E games. I find it a bit harder than regular picross in a lot of ways, but it does make certain things easier. The way you have to change the way you deduce the puzzels at a higher level kind of makes it almost an entirely different game. So really, it's just more that it's different than actually harder.

I noticed it's easier to win with Tetris than Puyo Puyo in the swapping sections. Is it just me?

Get on the ball OP

Nope. The game balance is fucked.

This guy speaks the truth

No, your decision to purchase a Nintendo Switch makes you a bad person. Failing at Puyo Pop makes you a stupid bad person.

Go fuck yourself, newfag.

Why do people play this crap when Tetris Attack, Tetrisphere, Wind & Water Puzzle Battles, etc. exist? Puyo was always a well-intentioned but ultimately futile attempt to turn Tetris into a versus game. The random falling blocks formula just isn't very compatible with a competitive versus framework. You can see how the series ran out of ideas when they started pushing the minigame shit divorced from normal play in Fever, and now they've come full circle and replaced it with Tetris–because the minigame is so divorced from the rest of the experience it could be literally anything, even tic-tac-toe.

It's possible he's playing it on another platform. Vita if he's a patrician 2D lover.

Don't vs. mode Tetris games have both players using the same RNG seed? Later Tetris revisions also have RNG designed to provide balanced output so it's about your management of the pieces overall than random luck most of the time.

yes
that makes 2 of us

Because Puyo Puyo is more fun than those games.

That's a hot opinion you got there. I take Wetrix or Tetris Attack any day over Puyo Puyo.

It appeased to meek men then
It keeps appeasing meek men now

Reminder, the some of the best puyo players are female. It's a competitive game for females.

It literally is. I remember getting Puyo Puyo Fever for the GBA and being disgusted by how girly it was.