Crafting in MMORPGS

What are some MMORPGs where I can only devote myself to crafting and possibly pvp, such that the crafting will be worth a shit ?
Like get to a high level - can make gear that is actually usefull and possible to sell, that people will use and not discard within a few days.

I remember trying it in wow before, but it didn't work at all, crafting sucked dick in there as dungeon and raid loot overshadows it completely. Raising max blacksmithing just felt like a complete waste of time.
Some mmorpgs like blade and soul are simply useless when it comes to crafting.
I hear black desert could let you level up with crafting alone. But it was a horrendous grindfest or something?

Bonus points for a MMORPG with a community worth a shit, so when I get back from work I wouldn't feel like a sad lonely sack of shit.

FF14. Crafting is autistic as fuck and if you have a pint of Judaism in you, then you can become a megakike on the server.

Was that subscription based or one payment only ?

Find a game that lets you craft a paddle OP and then spank yourself with it.

Crafting is inherently flawed as a primary profession in MMOs because if it's easy then everyone will be doing it, and if it's difficult/time consuming then, unless you've been playing since the game first launched, there's likely already 5+ guilds flooded with autists and bots who can outdo you in every way and you've zero hope of ever catching up to them. It certainly doesn't help that every single MMO is a numbers game that ends up solved within minutes of release. "Optimal" builds centered around efficiency ensure that no matter what game you're playing, you'll always end up crafting the same couple items as everyone else; it's really hard to feel like you're doing anything of any real worth when the +5 Dickstick you've spent the past three months leveling up to learn to craft is the exact same as the 400 +5 Dicksticks that have been sitting on the auction house for the past two weeks.

no he couldn't. Crafting requires money to get started, especially once he starts getting to higher levels where he needs gear to have a decent return on nodes.
also

AFAIK the only MMO where you can truly become a game-shaping industrial megakike - or even just one where crafting isn't a horseshit afterthought system - is EVE, and I can't in good conscience recommend an user to step into that mess unless you're sincerely autistic.
Template fantasy MMOs aren't compatible with good crafting for a variety of reasons. Gear is permanent, so demand is limited and supply will be filled by turboautists who got there before you so long as it's reasonably profitable. Crafting consumables (food buffs/potions) is usually more profitable, because the product's actually being spent regularly. Pretty much every template fantasy MMO now also uses a global trading post system, which prevents you from cornering markets (even without a trading post system, most modern MMOs let you hop around the world so easily prices wouldn't fluctuate by location much anyway).
Most MMO crafting also boils down to throwing together a bunch of shit you can buy off that global trading post, so there'll never be any real profit margin to crafting because it's no-effort. I've seen some recipes try to diversify this by adding soulbound items to collect, often time-gated, so you have to actually go out and do something to craft it, but then normalized profit just becomes whatever the timesink was worth.

LOL crafting is for nerds we need more raidbosses and endgame loot X

t. modern MMO playerbase

The only MMO I can think of that actually puts major value in crafting is Wurm Online. But that game has a myriad of issues of its own, and is definitely not your standard MMO in terms of gameplay.

Trips of truth
You can't even call them RPGs anymore, they're dungeon crawlers

Wakfu.
You can craft not only gear and consumables, but also useful furniture stuff like storage expansions and crafting/gathering specific stuff.
Create an Enutrof character whose specialty is getting loot and you're good to go.

t. Shitter who can't into pvm

I disagree. I used to think it was the best crafting, but as time went on I realized it was just WoW crafting with a few more buttons to press before filling the completion bar.

Sorry, OP. But an MMORPG with good crafting doesn't exist.

This is a big part of it. Autistic devs who want players to be one man armies and want them to be able to do all content. Professions like blacksmithing or other crafting skills ought to be one per character. And have them actually be meaningful instead of being filler content that serves no other purpose in the game than to waste your time. Have gear break down beyond repairable as well so there's always a demand for gear of all kinds.

I don't understand why devs don't actually put some bloody thought into this shit. I'm not saying I'm some ideafaggot that has all the answers to make MMOs great again, but they should at least try, damn it.

Not even good ones at that.

I 100% agree with this. Why are MMOs pushing me to craft things when I would realistically just buy the item from someone who specializes in crafting that kind of stuff? The obvious answer to the MMO problem is to just let players run the economy like in EVE or civcraft

I don't see why no other MMOs go with this approach. And when they do, it's temporary and they go back to doing gold funneling shit to control the economy. It just makes the world feel so artificial, like an amusement park.

NPC vendors can still be useful for basic items and stuff like supplies you'd want before going dungeoneering or specialized items that wouldn't really fit for a player to sell, but other than that it's best to let the players run the economy and make sure bots stay the fuck away.

That might be going a bit too far off the deep end, but it's not a bad angle.

Join Holla Forums next time they play Wurm Unlimited. It handles like ass but you'll get addicted anyway, like we all do, because it's exactly what you're describing.

I think crafting would be a lot better if you gave gear (and maybe a few useable/professional items) a quality + durability stat. Give the two a 100/100 quantity (maybe SLIGHT boosts depending on skill of who crafted it) Have regular classes able to maintain (read, keep durability between the 90-95 range) their gear with specific items, but make it so that actual combat will lower this even more. Have actually repairing done through crafting class players. If they ignore it eventually your gear will do less for you, and you'll really start feeling the squeeze (Say 60ish is where it really is noticeable). If you continue to ignore it, depending on how hardcore you're going, either you can make it so that low durability (say 20 in this case) repairs will cost more materials and take a hit your quality (explained later) or you have to pay someone to make you a new weapon as it will be beyond saving.

Now this is where quality comes in. Quality is an items lifespan. It can be increased slightly on craft, but can never be restored. Once it's done, it's done. Maybe you can have a remnant to hang up in your hypothetical player owned house as a memento or keep it in the hypothetical bank of the hypothetical MMO Utopia game but it's not coming back. Basically the two are to make crafting classes not only necessary but also popular as long as someone can make crafting MORE than just "throw 5 iron ores and this dick onto an anvil and wait 3 seconds

rate my shitty ideaguy idea

Durability always sounds better on paper then in practice. All the games I've played that has durability especially with durability points just winds up tedious or not mattering by endgame, or players wind up bypassing it because they don't like it in actual play. Customization or combination weapons and items, sure. Durability, meh. Binder dundat not interested tbh.

I meant in conjunction with quality. Honestly it'd probably have to play more like Wurm (almost everything is crafted) than anything, but the goal was to make it so that crafting was actually relevant

I find it much better in EVERY type of RPG to have blacksmith NPCs that you supply with materials and custom order gear (with basically a editor interface where you pick what kind of armor, color, trimming, enchantments, etc..), than having the PC be a master of every skill and trade.

I like it. But you're not going far enough.

Looted/found armor has to be fitted, otherwise it operates at a penalty (to your mobility, defense and stamina).
You have to bring it a blacksmith to do the fitting. If you give the item to someone he has to do the same, as it can only be fitted to one person at a time.

Remember when RPG's were about roleplaying and immersion, not about who can raid the dungeon first and get the most epic loot.

Focus on loot and leveling is what ruined MMRPG's

Only good crafting I seen in a mmo was in Mortal Online, but the game is a glitchfest and only the most scummy cheating and exploiting guilds stay in power