When a game lacks a way to find other players within the game itself (or in-game matchmaking proves to be a trainwreck)...

When a game lacks a way to find other players within the game itself (or in-game matchmaking proves to be a trainwreck), where do you go to find people to play with?

I have niche games in mind here, not DOTA-'em-up rooty tooty hop-on-pop and shooty things that you can find hundreds of people to play with at any given time of day or night.

Look for a discord/thread for said game and ask if people want to play

Could you give some examples of what games you are trying to find others in? Some games have dedicated fansites or there could be players here.

Already checked, not gonna rehash that idea. This is more of a general question.

There is no answer, you have to look up the individual fansites/communities that keep the specific game alive.

Alternatively, Steam forums.

gameranger?

How can you post on a chan and be this fucking stupid?

Friends list on steam or whatever chat you use (i.e you don't just friend collect and actually interact with them), or a [your] clanmates if you have a clan or the game involves some clan/guild/alliance/corporation feature. As much as clanfagging might get shit on Holla Forums, it sort of has a use especially for small population games or just anything that isn't hyped up.

I play a low population game (it still sort of has randoms, but its not like you can get a match any time of the day). The main problems with randoms are

The game forum I checked before has a lot of complainers and not people looking to organize games. For example, they post an introduction thread, but they make no further attempt to socialize and coordinate games with other players. Holla Forums threads you at least have more activity and posters calling out what server and how many people are on it.

I have a group of normalfag friends. I just introduce the game to them and we have fun. The good part is that they're a lot better than randoms. The bad part is that everyone gets their say, which sometimes means shit games.

Start a thread on Holla Forums with download info and a summary of the game and hope some anons take interest & pray that the thread doesn't devolve into niggers screaming "shill".

HEY SLADE

SHIGGITY SHIGGITY SHIGGITY SWAA

but console games

but console games that released recently

Guess what, idjiot.

what you did today?

Are you talking about the new touhou game on the switch?
I would actually like it if people fucking an online room sometime since I bought it.

Like, multiplayer? Multiplayer Touhou?

It's a 3D fighter.

"Fighter" in the same sense as Soku where you have bullets and actual close range punch throwing. No dash grazing though

Oh so it's a Naruto game clone?

why

It's a shitty version of virtual on, not a normal 3D fighter. Just pirate the original PC version if you want to try it.

I wanted to try it.
I have been meaning to find this game for quite some time.

Holla Forums.
I don't need much more than SS13 or AoS to get an online fix.

see

this shit

right here

what the heck duder

honestly

I just wanna play video games

I don't have time for this

Why are you reddit spacing?

Just make a Holla Forums thread. I'm in a group right now that started out with ~12 users for a relatively niche game. We've actually added a couple people since.