I've been watching videos of zizek and I have to say, he's not /yourguy/

I've been watching videos of zizek and I have to say, he's not /yourguy/

I especially like the speech he has about the problem with saying Muslims/Africans are violent and poor because muh imperialism. That's it's actually really racist because it denies them agency. It's a extremely good and nuanced point and I don't care that he's a commie but he's been redeemed in my eyes

I can see how this principle can be applied everywhere, from nigger supposedly rioting because muh police violence to pajeets shitting on the street because muh poverty. Thank you for introducing me to this amazing Slovenian

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A8wJc7vHcTs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Embarrassing.

Wassup /reddit/?
Now go back.

You are correct, it's note made by many marxist theorists of the racism that was used to justify the exploitation of foreign nations through imperialism, not as if zizek himself is racist.

Read a fucking book.

What? Don't change the subject

Never did.

Read a book.

Lurk more.

Zizek cannot be appropiated by the right because his critique of the liberal left is from a Marxist perspective. He's a big fan of the Frankfurt school and frequently references to them, he is by all means a 'cultural marxist'.

Get fucked Holla Forums

Then marxism denies agency to everyone by saying we're shaped by the material conditions around us.

How come the Japanese and South Koreans aren't poor because of muh imperialism?

High Autism Level. Anti communism bux.

It's sad that you seem to think you're making a fool out of anyone but yourself with your contributions to multiple threads.

plenty of countries got anti-communism bux tho but their disparity in well-being seems to be autism related

I didn't start this fucking thread.

You're not afraid to ask the hard questions.

liberals are so much better than you at this.

Then I suppose you can hold your head up high and know that you aren't quite the worst poster we had today.

When did I?

Material conditions are shaped by the people.

Oh I agree that Zizek is 100% /yourguy/

although he did kinda support Drumpf at the end what a cuck

Quite a lot of us supported Trump for the same reasons. Clinton a shit.

Trump is a god that will destroy global capitalism with his policies. Do not speak against Trump.

he saw Trump as the lesser of two evils, he hates trumps

South Korea was poor for a long time. Until the 1980s it had a lower standard of living than their neighbors to the north.

Japan itself was actually an imperialist power that managed to get lucky and industrialize while China, another country ravaged by imperialism, didn't, and is still incredibly poor. If Japan wasn't the Unsinkable Aircraft Carrier of the Pacific and didn't get American money to rebuild, it wouldn't be the post-Industrial nation that it is today. MacArthur rebuilt the Japanese economy from the ground up, and another reason why Japan has done so well is that a lot of the New Deal designers that worked for Roosevelt ended up working for MacArthur after Truman kicked them out.

Now SK and Japan are both quasi-imperialist powers that contribute to America's adventurism and benefit economically from the markets opened and exploited by US military power.

In both cases, capital accumulation is the key to their development. Both countries' economies are run by huge family-owned cartels–the zaibatsu in Japan and chaebol in Korea. Unsurprisingly, both of these advanced economies have hit a wall and their only solution is to relentlessly exploit their workforces, which were already sacrificing themselves for economic development.

China suffered over a century of political chaos due to imperialism and only just managed to stabilize in the 1950s. Even once the communists were in power economic development was an arduous, painstaking task, but we're seeing the effects of capital accumulation there as well. You'll see a lot of capitalist news sources crowing about capitalism "lifting hundreds of millions out of poverty" now and then, which is technically true, but in reality what we're seeing is millions of former Chinese peasants receiving wealth transferred to them from the West thanks to offshoring. The US et al gets poorer while China gets richer, all thanks to the disbursement and accumulation of capital.

It's almost like you're saying that a quasi Fascist corporatist state lead to the improvement of their material well-being

Material conditions are still more important you fag

R E D D I T S P A C I N G

I'm form cuckchan tbh

In Japs case the emperor made shogun fuck off to the dustbin of history and put on full on westernization and industrialization mode before Brits or Frogs turned them into a colony.

It's almost like you're massively oversimplifying almost two centuries of complex historical and social changes.

Just because they have agency doesn't mean the police and the imperialists don't either. I would also say, the difference between Muslim terrorism and black violence against police is big, with the terrorism being far less justified.

mfw positive complex historical and social changes only happen in countries with good autism

South Korea is a a country that piss on their culture to adopt american "culture".
They're a country filled with retards like USA now.

That feel when best Korean poster exists.

North Korea did the same…they pissed away their culture to adopt western garbage like Marx n' shit.

because their high autism led to a perfect mimickry of soulless Western materialism and liberal democracy.

Sure thing, which is why the most resource rich continent is a shithole

is a real shame Stalin murdered all their highly autistic people

"No."

If they didn't abandon it they'd still be living in huts.

What good are resources when your government is the puppet of foreign powers and is extracting all those resources for the benefit of said foreign powers?

but I thought muh material conditions

Who other than bourglib evangelicals care? Huts can be plenty comfy.

I like the way both cities look TBH familam.

Where did I mention pride or sovereignty? When you don't have access to the resources of your country because your government is literally the hired gun of foreign corporations who are raping those resources it's not a surprise that you'd be dirt poor and live in a mud hut.

so a lack of national sovereignty?

Yeah, I fail to see how that makes any point for you. When you lack control over your environment that's a material condition.

Read some history you illiterate.

Japan, S. Korea, and Germany (and most of Western Europe but not as much) were literally built by America as an example of good functioning capitalist democracies to fight and compete with the Soviet Union's ideologies.

You are as dumb as Trump 30 years ago, here's him out of loop crying why America is giving $$ to Japan…

youtube.com/watch?v=A8wJc7vHcTs