Emulation Thread

Finally got Citra working. Also Bravely Default.

Celebrate with me.

Fire Emblem still runs at 10 FPS though.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/39810-i-am-leaving-launchbox-effective-well-right-now/
forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/35368-bigbox-performance-and-how-to-make-it-better/?do=findComment&comment=259487
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
emucross.com/a-deep-dive-into-saturn/
archive.org/details/SgaStrnCmplt
mednafen.github.io/documentation/ss.html
isobuster.com/
mednafen.github.io/releases/
epforums.org/showthread.php?92915-1-CUE-2-BINs-How-do-i-merge
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Mednafen#Frontends
theisozone.com/downloads/other-consoles/sega-saturn/clockwork-knight-2-darkwater/
romhacking.net/translations/psx/patches/3236readme.txt
mega.nz/#!zsdFTK6a!CxdGpnYqdmI1Ippc1sx7xbJjprIutlXYAqvT-SVucPI
twitter.com/realSteveKwok/status/921013423667691525
tradu-france.com/forumsmf/index.php?topic=76.0
pastebin.com/gDMpjW1X
ebay.com/itm/NEW-InterAct-DexDrive-Playstation-1-to-PC-Memory-Card-Game-Save-Transfer-SV-1128-/331087538782
aldostools.org/memcards.html
psx-scene.com/forums/official-free-mc-boot-forums/
imgur.com/gallery/OPRdN
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulator_Files#PlayStation
microsoft.com/accessories/en-gb/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows
togami.com/~warren/guides/ps3-psone-saved-game-to-pc-howto/
racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30647
archive.is/U3rk2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I only play emulated games at 1:1 resolutions or it triggers my autism.

With the 3DS is a bit wonky since the damned system has a weird resolution to begin with and in Citra you have to type in the upper right and lower left corners pixel locations.

I like to keep the lower screen tiny and the main one 1200x720.

Fuck that button mashing fairy.

lol

I'll never get to play Gauntlet Legends on the N64 without spending $100+.

I REFUSE

YOU HEAR MICROSOFT

I REFUSE

Niggers would accept to eat shit on their food, as long as they don't have to pay for it. It's not about not paying money for vidya: it's about only settling for the best experience possible.

The fact that N64 emulation isn't perfected by now is a disgrace.

Ew. Normalfags hyping up the 3DS as the "ultimate emulation machine 'cuz muh 240p" need to be shot.

you refuse to crack windows 10?

I'll celebrate when I see Pokémon games running without issues, bc that's all I want Citra to do for me. Let me play Pokémon at work.

Yes IKR, I only play using triangular pixel screens.

That's really good for a cargo cult. must be better than their mud huts.

Best emulator options:

They(He) removed anyone who voted for trump. Now jason is alone, almost, he still has his SJW mods.
Not going to stir the pot and prove any thing of my acussation but be warned not to buy this shitty software. It is also full with memory leaks when using bigBox as long it is communicating with the server :°)
forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/39810-i-am-leaving-launchbox-effective-well-right-now/

I know, it's old news actually and nobody saw what really happened behind doors. All i'm going to say, a good handfull of emulationcelebs where involved and it is also one reason why simpleAustin didn't make videos as of late. Just drop the support for launchbox, block it in your firewall or consider to change your frontend for your emulated games overall.

also, have a peak at SJW mods at work here:
forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/35368-bigbox-performance-and-how-to-make-it-better/?do=findComment&comment=259487

Your friendly user who has nothing to do with anything

Actually, I think the Switch has potential to be a good emulation machine, far more than 3DS.
It has all the hardware to emulate every wonky input device Nintendo has come up with to this point, the CPU/GPU hardware specs are good enough for GCN/Wii emulation, and no need to emulate WiiU when every other decent WiiU title has been ported to Switch anyways.

Hardware-wise it could play/emulate just about every Nintendo title to date, in theory.
Not to say that it will get (homebrew) emulators for every Nintendo platform to date in practice, but…

Read the fucking wiki, this is DAY ONE shit you subhuman!!!!1 Holla Forums is not your personal GOOGLE

>

in 20 years or so will we finally be able to emulate the ps3?

We already can

= =fag= =
fag

What's even the point of emulating the 3DS is beyond me
The console is filled with remakes and shitty sequels, there's nothing worth playing there

You are right, shit tier library.

I only saw a mod being a power tripping little bitch, that's not exclusive to SJWs.

SMT IV and Apocalypse are fun.

you can play through demon souls right now

bolstering my NES collection. What am I missing? Not big on RPGs or sports games, but I'll check out any that are particularly good or unique in some interesting way. Chinese bootlegs and romhacks welcome.

Shadow of the Ninja

Enjoy playing the game at 80% of the original speed with no extra audio channels, mongoloid.

Yeah, I'm probably going to redownload all of those European roms. I downloaded this shit a long time ago. I didn't know.

Cemu is such a bizarre beast. Its a windows only software that only uses OpenGL which is known to have problems with AMD's windows drivers and if you're on Nvidia, Cemu eats RAM for breakfast while Intel's integrated GPUs aren't officially supported.

Downtown Special
James Bond Jr
Lagrange Point
Might and Magic
Nightshade
SCAT
Recca
Vice Project Doom

That's a huge lawsuit waiting to happen, what a shame, I had good hopes for launchbox.

such a gay rabbi forced meme
kys

Lmao, and I liked launchbox too.
Why can't devs go back to being spergs who couldn't care less about human interaction and only had a passion for developing?

How the fuck is this video so well produced?

They get a lot of funding from the jews.

Are there any good repositories for Wii U isos? I just downloaded Cemu but can't find any isos anywhere that don't seem to be from a shady source.

No idea man, I have a copy of sm4sh that I would rip and upload to share with you fags if I knew how.

You're finding shady shit because wiiu games aren't dumped as ISOs and you should be downloading them directly from nintendo's servers like everyone else.

This is the first I'm hearing of this, user. Care to elaborate?

Read the wiki, my dude.
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Been a while since i've tried but is rogue galaxy actually playable yet? I just remember the MC running like he was on crack

Are you implying that it's hard to-

I see.

Anyone got Yabause to work for them? I've set up everything correctly, and then the BIOS I got tells me the .bin or .iso files I feed it aren't compatible game discs. Whenever I turn on the HLE BIOS, it keeps giving me the "Yabause cannot be initialized" message.

I just wanna try out Clockwork Knight.

One of the Dolphin devs did a good article on fucking around with Saturn emulation and dealing with those issues. emucross.com/a-deep-dive-into-saturn/

That's cute
BUT ITS WRONG
The plural of mantis is mantids.

Hey that's cool buddy. I'm glad he liked the Saturn and his opinions on the emulation aspects are detailed.

But nowhere in there tells me how to fix my problem.

Did you skim the article? It tells you what the problem is.

It tells me that the Saturn BIOS in Yabause doesn't like bin/cue image files, even though that's the format it should run them in. Then he goes on to explain how every game holds up between it and Mednafen, which doesn't explain anything about my problem, and just gives me the impression that he's waving his dick saying, "works on my PC!"

What's more, I don't have access to legit, physical copies of games, so I get my dumps online.

So please, tell me where I missed an important key value. I don't compile programs from source code.

I'll spoon feed you the answer if you still don't get it, but jeeze man.

And I'll show you I have those exact two files.

At a glance, that looks like a bad dump, which isn't surprising since most of the non-redump saturn library floating around is very, very broken. I would recommend using Mednafen with disks dumped by Redump as is recommended by the article.

But, I don't have the physical discs!

Wait nevermind, I think I see what's going on here… so, how am I supposed to turn this data into a usable format?

You don't need the physical disks, my dude. I wouldn't waste your time like that. The redump version of clockwork knight is right here: archive.org/details/SgaStrnCmplt

Oh, well… thanks. I'll let you know if it works in Yabause, but I guess I should try Mednafen. Hope it's not like RetroArch, 'cuz that thing is a headache.

Standalone is pretty simple, throw your bios shit in the firmware folder, drag and drop the .cue file directly onto mednafen.exe and you're done, outside of possibly mapping your gamepad. mednafen.github.io/documentation/ss.html

Well, I got Yabause to show the SEGA logo on the Track 1 bin, but not much else.

Also, don't I need the SS core?

For yabause, try using isobuster.com/ to merge the redump bins into a single bin. Otherwise just go with mednafen.

Nope, just the primary mednafen download.

I see. So where should I go for a reliable download?

mednafen.github.io/releases/

Thanks, but so now how do I use IsoBuster? My head's in a cloud and I can't focus.

You don't need that with mednafen.

For yabause and isobuster, this thread will probably get you where you need to be: epforums.org/showthread.php?92915-1-CUE-2-BINs-How-do-i-merge

Okay well, I did what you told me before with mednafen, but nothing happened. Just pops up in my task manager, but then goes away after.

And actually, I half-lied about that; don't have mpr-17933.bin, because you gave my Sega Saturn documentation, and not an exact download for the BIOSes.

Just tested it with the exact instructions I posted and that game works. Not using the right bios would definitely be an issue. Grab it from the wiki

Nice, I got it. Now all I need to do is figure out how to set the controls.

F1 brings up the help menu, should be able to take it from there.

What's [n] mean?

Anyone have genesis games recommendations? A chart would be nice

'Cuz, hitting the 'n' key doesn't work.

It's a number, user. 1 to 8.

Oh. So then… what does each number represent? Like, is 1 A, D-Pad Up, Down, or what?

Also, you have a recommended frontend/GUI?

user it tells you right there. That would be the port number. So controller 1, controller 2, controller 3, etc. So alt+shift+1 opens the prompt to map controller 1.

Why's it giving me a savestate overlay when I press any of the buttons? Also, how do I skip some of them like X, Y, and Z?

You could bind them to some shit on your keyboard, but you probably shouldn't be skipping face buttons. As for the savestate thing, I've never heard of that. Are you using some janky controller?

No? It's an Xbox 360.

Here's a pic.

Don't know what to tell you, unless you somehow don't have the official 360 pad drivers installed. It has full xinput support and I've never seen anyone run into that problem.

I fixed it. Had to recreate the .cfg file to clear the inputs, and rebind them. Must've hit the keyboard shortcut for save states by accident while binding.

Anyway, you got a neat frontend for Mednafen?

I don't use one, but hey, take your pick: emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Mednafen#Frontends

Alright cool. Hey listen, I thank you plenty for being patient with me. Now there's just one thing I wanna know; why's it always gotta set Windows Aero back to Basic?

Aero causes input lag with windowed/borderless windowed applications. Ideally it's something you disable as part of your first time OS setup and then keep it that way.

Okay cool. And so… if I combine all of my .bin tracks into one, will Mednafen still be able to play the game?

Fucking this, I already have a frontend it's called a desktop environment; why would I add another layer of shit to deal with?

Why the fuck would you want to do that?
Just load the cue sheet

Don't know, I've always left them in the multi-bin format redump uses with most games.

can you play swapdoodle on this emulator?

There's nothing like Launchbox that's better

Just pirate it tbh

Its called your operating system GUI

A frontend has completely different goals and capabilities from your operating system

Like adding input lag and using outdated emulators?

If Saturn dude is still here, what's a recommended BIOS for arcade games in Mednafen? Wanna play Virtual On and Toki.

The fuck do you have your frontend set up?

I like Frontends because you can make your ROM collection look nice, and actually keep track of what games you have on your computer. I'm fucking terrible at keeping track of games without them and I always forget where I put games or ROMs

Nothing because I don't like eating shit

I think he means "how do you have your frontend setup".

'Cuz y'know, maybe you have it wrong.

I would use MAME instead. Mednafen is fantastic for Playstation and great for Saturn, but there are more compelling options for other platforms.

All frontends(apart from Retroarch/libretro) have their own added input lag. There isn't much you can do about it.

Ace Combat.

Ah, alright. So… how do you emulate The Ocean Hunter?

Use Supermodel

Jesus nigger how are you even using a computer?

Is that a separate emulator?

yeah. I don't think MAME has model 3 emulation yet. At least not in any usable shape.

Cool. So, is 0.2A the latest version?

I'm pretty retarded can someone help me out please
How do I get this exact shader/grid WITHOUT the migraine-inducing color bleed? That's one thing I absolutely don't want to replicate from original system screens

That's not color bleed, you're using an LCD shader that's emulating the subpixels in the display. If you zoom in you can easily see the grid. You could try throwing a shadowmask on it or something.

welp

So hey, that Saturn list doesn't have the NTSC release of D, or Clockwork Knight 2. Might have an idea where to look for them?

going to download citra and try out Etrian Oddesy IV
1. Is that an OK entry into the series
2. Anything I need to go going in
3. Does it matter what version I get? I haven't been following translation differences but I know there's often a lot of fuckery there.
Thanks

no
release order

No. Plaing the first EO would leave a bad taste in your mouth. I think IV is a nic eentry to start on, but I think III is the most ideal and friendly.

All you need to know is THIS IS NOT A GRINDING GAME. If you're doing bad, it's because your team builds and strategy isn't working. Grinding is fairly long, and if you think you have to grind at a certain point, it's your fault and not the game's.

That aside, use your imagination and make the guild of your dreams and have fun

There's unfortunately a lot of holes in Redump's catalog for the Saturn since it was such a commercial shitshow, and there just aren't that many copies of games floating around out there that dumpers can get their hands on for a reasonable price.

If you don't see it on redump.org, you'll have to try elsewhere and hope one of the shitty dumps works. If you do see it there, but don't see it in that specific archive list I posted, you should be able to find it with a little bit of patience.

Sucks. How do you feel about Dreamcast emulation?

It's not great, but the new version of Demul is okay.

Tried this?
theisozone.com/downloads/other-consoles/sega-saturn/clockwork-knight-2-darkwater/

Dreamcast is in a better state than Saturn in terms of preservation. The best emulator is still Windows only closed source though.

For some reason OBS acts weird with this game in particular.

Is that not what it looks like in-game?

So I a message saying the system needs to be updated when loading Zelda: Best of the Worst in CEMU
From googling around it seems I need to update the game weirdly enough
I'm torrenting 1.1.2(apparently 1.3 introduces more bugs than it fixes) now, am I doing the right thing?

Message in question

Does anyone know where I can get roms for Golden Sun 1 and 2? They seem to have been scrubbed from the internet.

Nevermind, I actually checked the wiki.

During the beam attack there is letterboxing going on so the HUD that is present in the webm isn't actually present in the game itself. Its just OBS shitting itself rather than the emulator.

Use the USB Helper to download shit. Also you needed to update the game on an actual WiiU as well.

Fuck everything

It's hilarious to own a 24" CRT monitor.
Just run it in Simple 2x scale at 640x480. Hell, you still get scanlines.

This picture is supposed to look good?

It's a shitty cell phone camera way too close to a very large CRT, what do you want?

Those scanlines are worthless because you upscaled it by 2x.

Nigger I love ace combat and we both know that the 3DS one is awful

>romhacking.net/translations/psx/patches/3236readme.txt
How does it feel to have retards butchering the game for free?
The worst thing about this is that no one else is going to pick this up now.

Learn zipperhead speak.

Already working on it but there needs to be some sort of checks and balances to faggots like these.
People like these go on to support NISA and Treehouse.

I want to play Bravely Default.

That said, do I get a region free or decrypted version?
Is there a difference?

I want to play the 3ds game made by the hotel dusk devs, user.

/r/ing some vidya charts preferably 8/v/ ones but any good ones will do
PSX, SNES, Dreamcast ones would be amazing but I'd be fine with most charts tbh (including Wii)
Have a sexy vivian for your troubles lads

mega.nz/#!zsdFTK6a!CxdGpnYqdmI1Ippc1sx7xbJjprIutlXYAqvT-SVucPI
Here you go nerd.

thanks user
Hm
tfw never ever
Got any PSX charts for non-imports?

Underage get out.

It has potential, yeah. Pretty powerful and I'd love to see some third-party Joy Cons that emulate the look and feel of other consoles.

could never get PCSX2 to work. I have the games, but no console - and I'd like to play them via my PC (higher resolution and such).

Any recommendations?

Eh?
You did download the BIOS from the internet, right?

Why the fucking hell are you using yabause?

I would.

wew lad
twitter.com/realSteveKwok/status/921013423667691525
tradu-france.com/forumsmf/index.php?topic=76.0

me again, I have no idea what to do with the advice the poster here gave me since I'm technologically illiterate, but either way I think I finally found a good balance between grating red green blue shit or subpixels or whatever that might be called and no shader/grid at all

Obviously shaders suck, this one sucks but I just don't want to deal with consoles/handhelds anymore. Just want to play everything on my pc nowadays, anyhow I'm kind of satisfied with how it turned out

What shader is that?

it's the lcd-shader.cgp in shaders_cg\handheld with a few adjustments

Any linux users here?
I am interested in knowing how well Demul runs through WINE.

Going to mess around real quick and see if I can't improve that.

This shader is far from accurate.

If I had to guess, I'd say he probably doesn't care about accuracy. On that note, did a quick and dirty replacement of the shadowmask in one of the GBA border shaders with Lottes, which is even less accurate, but looks neat and gives a few options for which shadowmask you want to choose. Pics related.

pastebin.com/gDMpjW1X

Save as whatever.cgp and throw it in RA's shader folder.

Looks way too blurry

Shouldn't look blurry at all. Are you using cripplechan's in-line image scaling instead of opening it in a new window and maximizing it?

Then you fucked up from the get go.

user you can stop pretending to be retarded in a highly niche thread.

Why are you so defensive over your trash shaders?
Compare to
Yours looks noticeably washed out and blurry.

user you can spend 3 seconds modifying hardPix to get the desired crispness. I'm starting to think you may not be pretending here, and that's not a good look for you.

any more non-arguments you wanna throw my way?
Why are you so defensive about your shitty shader?

lol

Whats with all these shaderfags being grade A autists? If you like something then at the very least stand by it instead of denying how a fucking image looks.

These are some of the most popular threads on the board. Most of this board is pc gamers and its no secret they mostly prefer to play console games.

user, like most things, shaders come down to personal preference. You know this, and there's really no reason to get so upset and you are, no need to pretend otherwise about it. Using shaders is okay, and not using shaders is okay too. I personally find the webm you posted disgusting, but you clearly prefer no shaders, so what I think about what you're using doesn't matter. Take a deep breath, fire up some vidya, and have a good time. These threads are bad enough as-is without you derailing them and throwing a fit over what amounts to liking teriyaki vs sweet n sour.

I don't care about shaders. I just said the image looked blurry and washed out which got your panties in a twist and now you're projecting your butthurt on me.
Why are you so defensive to the point of delusion about your shaders?

I hope your day improves, user. I really mean that. Anyway, back to the emulation.

Anybody have an issue with Ape Escape where every emulator you try has a deadzone in the left analog stick using an Xbox1 controller?

Where can I find ps3 games online? I want to emulate demon souls, since I've never played it but can't find a good source.

nicoblog and ps3iso

Thanks

Figured it out on a nearly entirely irrelevant issue somebody was having on another emulator entirely. Had to go into User Registry and edit the emulator so it would save the config to remember and save track analog in full/circle.

Or not… Deadzone is just a lot smaller now. Anybody use Xbox1/360 controller and not have any of these issues?

Well I'll just go kill myself. I'm fairly sure it's the controller being off center and not the game. This is the 4rth one I've gone through. Pic related is the closest I can get to the wall on either side. Basically the lesson is never buy products from Microsoft. Even though I bought them through 3rd party retailers. Unless I'm retarded and there's something I'm missing I'll be on the market for a better controller with concave analog sticks and a decent direction pad.

thank you man, I played around with the configuration a bit and found something that I personally really like. here's two screens for comparison, the new one is the blurrier one, which I do prefer a bit, maybe gonna reduce bloom if it looks too bad on plain text

cool thanks. I've been using ePSXe for ps1, but I might check out one of the ones you mentioned.

How can I copy my old PS1 save files to my computer and use them with a PS1 emulator?

Try not being a dumb nigger who sticks to the default settings on emulators and doesn't use bios files.

You can say the same for every emu.

It's not the fault of your controller, more a quirk in how the old dualshocks were designed. You fix this by using Beetle PSX and enabling Analog Self Calibration, or pic related for mednafen.

No more harsh orange lines, very nice. Glad you found something you like.

ePSXe is awful.

ebay.com/itm/NEW-InterAct-DexDrive-Playstation-1-to-PC-Memory-Card-Game-Save-Transfer-SV-1128-/331087538782
aldostools.org/memcards.html
Or, if you have a compatible PS2, freemcboot:
psx-scene.com/forums/official-free-mc-boot-forums/

There a guide on that shit that can speak in retard?

I could do a write-up on how to get Retroarch up and working with Beetle PSX if you want.

I'll give it a shot before that. I'm not retarded with computers, just above casual.

The short answer would be to start a game with Beetle, open the quick menu (home button on your gamepad or f1), navigate to options, and navigate to pic related. If you need help getting to that point, I'll make a guide.

WEW wait time 5 minutes

Is this info still relevant?
Emus imgur.com/gallery/OPRdN

That's a lot of fucking bins.

I think it's ironic.

This was a really interesting webm to listen to. Saved.

thanks again for specifically making that preset shader file for me, I can barely make sense of how to edit them myself

You're welcome. I just recently started playing around with them myself trying to learn what does what to see if I could combine the best elements of my favorite shaders to get something I personally enjoyed more, and I'm now figuring things out. It went from tedious and mildly frustrating to fun and satisfying once I started getting the results I was looking for. If that sounds like something you'd potentially be interested in, I would recommend you give it a try, since shaders look so much better when they perfectly align with your tastes, and who better to do that than you?

yea dunno. Keeps failing to load content. I have the Core loaded and the directory found but nothing. Do I need to download Beetle PSX outside of the software?

You do have proper redump bin/cues right?

If it scanned in and created a playlist, you're probably missing the right bios.

Yea saw that. There a bundle for this shit?

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulator_Files#PlayStation

Yea I renamed one of the files for the US locale which seemed to work but now I'm at a black screen. Which one of the bin files should I be using anyway?

More specifically with the black screen is I'm getting audio but nothing else. I'm thinking it's the video settings so I'll look at that.

5501 with NTSC-U games, 5500 for NTSC-J games, 5502 for PAL games.

Did you download Beetle PSX or Beetle PSX HW?

Just PSX. Doing HW now. But like I said there's 7 bin files in here. Which one(s) do I rename? Are these just different versions?

run the cue sheet
don't touch the bin files and make sure they are in the same folder as the cue one

Those are different bios versions, yes. Rename ps-30a.bin to scph5501.bin, put that in your system folder, and you're done. For the games, this:

Also, just stick with Beetle PSX.

When I get the system going again I will. I can't even navigate the menu anymore. It just skips around randomly and only works smoothly with mouse. I removed all the files and did a fresh install to. The fuck?

Noted. When this new hurdle goes away I'll get to it.

Post your speccy just so I can be sure that nothing is really wrong with your setup at a glance, and then I'll make a simple little guide for you.

I'm running an old hand me down toaster as apposed to my PC for some traveling I'll be doing. I don't know what the fuck happened to the extent that it would completely fuck me from navigating the menu though. Something in the registry is all I can imagine.

Literally any retard with a smartphone can download some adware filled GBA emulator nowadays and do a 10 seconds google search for "Download gba games"

Bad news right off the bat, I don't think that your CPU is actually fast enough to run Beetle at full speed. Interestingly, either your ram is slotted wrong, or you're using a single 4GB stick which is odd, and one of your monitors is running at an eye-raping 29hz for some reason.

Friend, you're on an obscure philippino shadowpuppet forum in a thread that gets a fraction of the traffic compared to other threads largely filled with virtue signalling about how bad AAA games are (while continuing to play AAA games) or complaining about how kikes and holes are ruining vidya and how the next vidya crash is right around the corner. This thread is a niche within a niche, so tamp down your 'tism and get on topic.

If I had to take a wild guess, that guy is trying to mirror his output to a monitor and a 1080p TV and that poor Intel HD chip can only support 30hz (or 29 in this case) in that configuration

Fun. Well if there's a better way to get solid controls with no deadzone I guess I can handle shitty visuals. Should a PS1 emulator really need that much CPU?
It's a laptop. The most I can run is TES Oblivion is that's any idea of how bad this thing is. Kinda why I use it for semi-portable emulation.
It's a garbo TV I got at thrift. I needed something cheap and disposable that I wouldn't miss until I got something new. I'm moving into a new place so I'm currently doing without a lot of convenient shit atm

I dunno m8, your CPU is weaker than most mobiles nowadays

True. If I can't run the game at full speed maybe I could reduce certain video effects to make it possible?

First thing you should do is use a hardware accelerated emulator.
Beetle PSX HW, PCSXR-PGXP or even epsxe.

You were right, good guess.

Standalone uses slightly less than the Libretro core, but both are still using software rendering which is handled by your CPU. With that setup, you're going to be limited to (accurately) playing Gen 4 and below games. If you don't care about compatibility, and just want something that sort of works and is toaster friendly, one of these:

epsxe is obviously not going to work. I used it for older gen games and it fucked that up pretty easily. If Beetle PSX HW works I might just go for that instead as long as it supports no deadzones in my Analog stick.

Noted then I guess. Damn I was having fun with Ape Escape to. I'de become so good at rocket skiing. Guess the best thing I can do is get a better portable computer.

Did you use some outdated version of it? It should be up to date on non-edge cases.

Ran the latest version. I get deadzone/walkingnotrunning on the right side of my L stick. I figured it was due to because that points on each side are the closest points that touch the wall from the corner down. I'm just assuming that's what it is but apparently not. I don't really have much else to go on if that's not it however. I guess I can try running another game that used Dualshock analog sticks and see if there's a difference. If it's just Ape Escape giving me the issue I'll be damned.

could you post a screenshot of your pad config screen?

give source on that pic

Keep in mind I've done full/circle and full/square on both the analog sticks in just about every combination possible. Had to go into Registry and edit shit just to have them save as full/circle because they downright refused.

Why have you set up your Xbox controller as DirectInput?

Oh god. I'm in love.

Made a little comparison between two different games on different platforms
Not sure which emulator the Super Mario 64 webm is from but the spyro one is the NTSC-U copy on Mednafen standalone at default settings.

There's no option for anything else .

huh?

Nothing else does jack is what I'm saying.

I'm getting an issue trying to navigate the menu in retroarch. When I run a game and exit the next time I come in the menu is completely impossible to navigate with a controller. I mean it still kinda works, but only partially. The best way to put it is it's glitchy as fuck. It also won't work in game either. It's weird because I have to reboot for it to work again and then it fucks up whenever I boot up the game. Also dualshocks not enabled and I have no clue how to enable it. Internet says it should just be enabled automatically. Other than that shit works fine.

How well does Citra run Majora's mask?

Thanks but it's not that important to me to have to buy something to copy the files. I already have one of these things. Any way I can use that? I tried just plugging it into my computer but it didn't work.

Runs flawlessly as far as I can tell.

low speed i5
16GB of DDR3 RAM
GT730

Are my specs.

Have you tried using that to transfer your PS1 save onto your PS3's HDD, and then from there copying it to USB?

The best way to tell for me if the emulator is doing decent is if Goron links beard is fucked up in rolling mode.

Just wanted to update my situation here. Am currently running Ape Escape at a silky smooth 60FPS in fullscreen mode only for some reason. Either the speccy fucked up or the game isn't that intense on my CPU. I may try another game that's more graphically intensive but for now it's flawless aside from spoiler which is likely fixable. Many thanks for the advice on how to get it started though much of it was just trial and error to get shit working often. It amazes me there's not a more thorough guide on this shit and more bug reports. Despite that I still don't know why the controller completely takes a shit on itself though I did find out what triggers it. Going into the quick menu for some reason does it. If I just do a standard f1 however I'm fine and the quick menu button no longer works. I actually tested this on my main PC and got the same issue so it certainly isn't specific to my hardware laptop. I'm tempted to bring it up on their site so people can be more aware about it.

Very nice, glad to hear it's working. I'm shocked that you're able to run beetle at 100% on that old i3, but hey, if it works, it works. For your controller issue, are you connecting it wirelessly, or by USB?

USB. If I want to fix it I have to reboot. I've tried unplugging/plugging it to no avail.

Are you using any driver software beyond microsoft.com/accessories/en-gb/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows ?

I used to use 360 controllers and I went through 3 or so and had to install custom drivers for a few of them. Didn't have to for this Xbox1 though, it's plug and play.

Something is wrong with your setup, though, since locking up after pressing the guide button until a restart is not normal behavior. My first guess would be that since pressing the guide button normally is what you do to enable wireless pairing, that it's trying to pair and then fucking up. Have you tried monitoring the HID section in your device manager and seeing what happens when you press the guide button with RA open?

If I remember right I tried that before and it didn't work. I will give it another shot. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Yea nothing. The guide button no longer works either.

Now enable/disable hotkeys acts as menu toggle and hotkeys won't work at all. Am thoroughly confused now.

togami.com/~warren/guides/ps3-psone-saved-game-to-pc-howto/ except instead of saving it as .mcs, save as .mcr, and of course copy the relevant saves to your PS3 first.

Huh? What options are you messing with?

Hotkeys in input. I'de like to enable fast forward to skip menu screens and the like since Ape Escape likes its moments of making you wait. The menu button again no longer works and fullscreen (f) works but only inside RA's menu.

I would try deleting retroarch.cfg and starting over.

I'm so fucking mad. I want to use either the DS4 analog sticks or touchpad to emulate the DS touchpad in desmume, but I can find no such function in desmume, because apparently fucking retard devs just completely forget or miss such obvious, must-have features for I don't know a decade or two. Then there's the libretro core of desmume that DOES have this feature, but the core itself is fucked, performance is FUCKED, shit lags, apparently there are audio problems that haven't been fixed to this day. I searched google of course about both libretro core performance and the control feature that I want in the standalone - and nothing, just a million threads about having the same issues and wanting the same thing but never getting a fix from at least 6 fucking years ago

The closest you can do is map the mouse cursor to the controller using a third party program.

Fixed somewhat. Can do things like slow mo and fullscreen but fast forward won't function. I think I remember this being due to sound sync. I'll mess around with settings and figure it out.

With the default audio settings, pressing L allows me to fast forward.

Not me. I even tried disabling vsync and mapped the buttons to something else. Space key is trigger L is toggle.

Make sure you aren't forcing vsync at the driver level (vsync should be used inside retroarch instead), and make sure you're using exclusive fullscreen mode.

Well I disabled vsync in the video menu obviously and it doesn't work in or out of fullscreen either.

Do you have vsync or some time of framerate capping at the driver level?

Shouldn't. I never enabled it.

Have you tried running from a clean boot?

Ok got it. There was another function that I thought was Vsync. Wasn't it. Found it and turned it off. Don't know why it was located where it was. Many thanks.

I eagerly await the next problem that pops up :^)

You have no idea. I'm half convinced I'm cursed to run into issues nobody else will. I sometimes baffle IT people around the world with some of the shit I report

anything to add?

Only the Sega CD games should be .bin/.cue (Redump) the others should be .md (No-Intro). Also you're missing Gunstar Heroes.

You need to play Majora's Mask stat.

Crusader of Centy, Light Crusader and Beyond Oasis

Wow amazing a new problem. Castlevania SOtN gives me runtime errors now. All the bin's and bios are in system. Ran the cue, ran the bin, ran them in separate directories and in the same directorys twice, ran in debug mode and got same results. Pretty much stumped. Here's a pic of my systems folder. I ran the game with the bin and cue in it and got nothing so I deleted them. I also double checked to make sure the 3 spch files were named correctly.

You run the .cue, not the bin, and they must be in the same directory. Download the redump version of sotn because you might just have a bad dump.

When I scan for directories does it only provide the bin? I ran content and selected the cue specifically while it was in the systems folder. I'm downloading another file of SotN as we speak though.

Also should I be dumping every PS1 game bin/cue in my system folder? Wouldn't that get pretty disorganized?

No, if it scans in properly it should run it directly from the cue.

You can put your games anywhere, but the bin(s)/cue of said game must be together.

To add to that, the files referred to in the .cue (it's plaintext) must be the same as the .bin files. If you renamed them, the filenames have different letter casing (on Linux and such) or if the dumper is a moron that will be an issue.

nigga if you can't into computers just stop listening to the cucks here and get a prepackaged PCSXR or EPSXE from somewhere.

Also you don't have to copy all cue files to your system folder all that needs to be here is the bios, the cue file contains a path to the .bin file, you can either edit it to point to the exact path and filename or just leave it in the exact same folder as the .bin file and load it from there which works 90% of the time

Oh ok I thought you meant the bios bin files in system. Yea nah I never seperate my bin and cue files for the same game into another directory or rename them so that's not the issue.

Read the thread nig. I'm using Retroarch for a reason. I'm not shit at computers but getting this stuff to run into common knowledge and much of it isn't available on google or easy to find.

I'd believe you back in 2014 when retroarch was a piece of shit and there was no mention anywhere but in the last expected corner of the internet that mednafen needed a specific filename for the bios or it didn't work, and that faggot maister and his little bitch squarepusher kept fucking with the GUI every month; but not today,

Try using the libretro forums too,there is a lot of useful info there and in the emulation wiki.

Well if my issues were easy to find I wouldn't be posting here would I? I've gone though 20 pages looking for my issue but I got nothing on both the forums and the wiki and I've got nothing. If there's a fix to my problem on either then I can't find it. Either way what are you proposing I do? Go through their entire history and figure it out myself?

Ok got it. It wasn't a bad dump. It was 3 bad dumps with the fourth being on a fucking anime site that finally worked. I don't know where to begin.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6C5088295FAE49B5F2D92EF70B31F0377C05D824

Seriously nigger?

What's a good place to download wii ISO's? I only want the mario galaxy games.

emuparadise's community forums

Vimm's been updating their library with Wii games just recently as well

Could someone help me with something. I'm trying to convert NES and GG ROMs downloaded from the Nintendo eShop into usable files for emulators. For the NES files, it deals specifically with FDS games. It appears that Nintendo converted their FDS files to have a "TNESd" header and be filetyped as a ".tds" file. Unfortunately, this causes a conflict because, from the research I've gathered, ".fds" files are a disc image like an ISO/Bin/CUE file so converting the header to an iNES format doesn't apply to this situation.

As for GG games, they're saved as a ".GG.m" file (Which is apparently is an encrypted and compressed file format). Could someone offer some advice on how to get around this obstacle? Since the normal methods do not work, I tried do something similar to what was done here: racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30647 However, GG VC dumps crash Citra and I have no idea what to look for in the FDS VC dump.

To explain the reason as to why I going through the eShop, the simple explanation is that it's easier than having to search site to download "good" ROMs from, and, because of the existence of Freeshop, you're allowed access to all of Nintendo's ROMs (And then some) without worrying about the source getting purged (Until Nintendo shuts down the 3DS' online, that is).

First, put your Sega CD games in their own folders per game.
Second, redownload Genesis games in .md or .gen format.
Third, get

Its not

is there anyone interested in playing emulated games over the net?

>As for GG games, they're saved as a ".GG.m" file (Which is apparently is an encrypted and compressed file format). Could someone offer some advice on how to get around this obstacle? Since the normal methods do not work, I tried do something similar to what was done here: racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30647 However, GG VC dumps crash Citra and I have no idea what to look for in the FDS VC dump.

Doesn't sound like it.

Hope to god you patched Popful Mail to remove Victor's bullshit.

GTFO

This guy gets it.

bump

I've been getting weird lags with snes9x on linux, they like a instant hiccups that happen, everything freezes for a short second… any hints?

besides that, been meaning to find new vydia to emulate newer consoles, got any suggestions and/or handholding?

I would like to, but most of the games would be flooded by BR in a second.
I'd be interested in playing games where the main story can be played in multi, like beat em up and sidescroller.

Why the fuck does Citra crash everytime I try to load a rom?

In RSPC3 is there a way to "compile" a whole game before playing so that it doesn't fucking "compile" new shit as it is first encountered or whatever? Am I doing it wrong? Seems like a lot of games would be 100% playable except for the "compiling" new shit…

MAME 0.191

It’s the end of October, and time for the hotly anticipated MAME 0.191 release. This release includes an experimental Hitachi SH3 recompiler from frequent contributor David “Haze” Haywood that shows promising performance improvements for Cave CV-1000 emulation, and holds the tantalising possibility of bringing similar gains to systems based on the SH4 in the future (including Sega NAOMI). Bug fixes to the Saturn/ST-V emulation will enhance your enjoyment of numerous Sega titles from the ’90s. There have also been some optimisations and improvements to MIPS3 and Voodoo emulation, as used in a number of 3D arcade systems.

[…]

Is Citra reliant on the CPU?

I seem to have 100% speed in smaller rooms, but when I'm out in clock Town or a cutscene starts playing the game drops and stays around 50%

what cpu do you have?

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

It's pretty old now, and it's something I plan to upgrade at some point. Just not sure when, or what I'm going to replace it with.

oh well thats the problem, you know these new emulators are very IPC hungry

Ho boy. Now I remember why I lost interest after Star Fox 64.

All emulators are reliant on CPU

Finally finished this
Demul runs it surprisingly well, didn't notice a single glitch throughout the game.
All in all a solid third person action game with some RPG elements.

fukin nice, cemu performance for botw is finally near constant 30 fps for me on this newest version. I'm going to start a proper playthrough for real soon, after I finished the game I'm currently playing

Whats your CPU?

i7-2600 (non k)

You tried enabling the GPU fence hack?

actually, I didn't even enable it in the first place, I forgot, but performance is completely unchanged even with it enabled so apparently this isn't needed at all anymore

Pic related is what I get with the hack enabled and fps++ on my i5 6500.

How's the BotW emulation going these days?
I thought I would wait for a bit until it's more stable, but is it playable without hiccups now?

They got everything working, all the effects that were missing up until now. Runs really well too.

seems pretty stable so far.
Don't use fps++ like I did though. It only adds unstability.

best gamecube emu for loonix? is it still dolphan?
and where can I get zelda windwaker to play with it?

So it looks like SquarePusher, the creator of Libretro, was "banned" off github for one too many violent spergouts after this: archive.is/U3rk2

I say "banned" because while every issue/post from his account has been deleted, and his github profile 404s, he can still commit/merge pull requests.

Got played by logan like a bitch.

And he's back, shame both him and logan really should get their ass banned for a while for being that childish and autistic.

this twinaphex faggot is really autistic as fuck

More like he got played by autism judging by his walls of texts in reply to 3 lines.

SP is autistic but to trigger him that hard you actually need to really fuck with him, which is exactly what logan has been doing for the past months.

got dolphin working on linux, I can setup a generic controller alright but I get no input in-game
whats the deal?

thanks guys

can't get PCSXR to work
its the only ps1 emulator on the arch repo
can anyone say if they got it working?

Well maybe he shouldn't have interacted with him on a public forum where it looks like he has a completely unprovoked fit over absolutely nothing.

no way to batch compile the game stuff for RSPC3?

No