RULE THE WA/v/ES: FINAL BOSS EDITION=

RULE THE WA/v/ES: FINAL BOSS EDITION=

First thread:
Second thread:
Third thread:

OP has returned for the fourth and likely final thread of the third season of Rule the Wa/v/es, the Holla Forums Plays series where Holla Forums attempts to manage the affairs of a major naval power in the early twentieth century. For those who are just joining us, Rule the Waves is a mild/moderately autistic game where you play as the head of a nation's Navy. You manage your fleet construction, give orders in battle (depending on difficulty) and make policy decisions. Complicating the whole process is the endless struggle to balance the budget, adapt to your rivals designs, satisfy the politicians and deal with the fact that your glorious new Battle-cruiser will likely be obsolete before it's completed.

Previously…=
After two devastating defeats, you think France would have learned, but no. The third Franco-Italian War kicks off in the Mediterranean, and ends three months later with France's capitulation. Helping ourselves to their African colonies, we face new challenges in patrolling all this territory with our previously home water centric fleet. Refits of our fleets occur, and new lines of ships are designed to meet these needs. France, proving beyond all doubt that ahegao hentai is based in reality, meekly presents themselves as our ally as the Austria-Italian War begins. While Austria had many years to build up it's fleet, it's lack of combat experience in the face of the Regia Marina's years of war proving their downfall. Within a year, Austria bent the knee and surrendered it's Mediterranean holdings to us.

WHAT YOU CAN DO TO PARTICIPATE

I run almost all major policy decisions past Holla Forums before implementing them, only resolving them myself if they're very minor or Holla Forums has already given feedback on what they want to do. As such, I will often ask for opinions on political events. But in addition, the following things can be adjusted and should be brought up often

We're in the post-game, so most research is already completed. Normally, I'd ask for areas of focus.

As of now, we're training Gunnery and Torpedo Warfare. One of these can be exchanged for Night Fighting if desired

"Can we design a cruiser to be used as a long-range raider, but still be able to fight on it's own"

"Build more subs/DDs/a new Capital

No ship will be allowed to die without a name, so I ask for Holla Forums to christen them. NEW NAMES NEEDED

"ur a fgt"

Following post will display the current situation.

The year is 1937. Holla Forums has made it quite clear Great Britain is to be our final enemy, and the time is near. Since our war with Austria-Hungary, we've focused on several fields. We've brought out a new line of Dreadnoughts, as well as a brand spanking new line of the Mighty Faggots. And having seen the power of the heavy torpedo cruiser, we've also laid down another iteration of the Biggus Dickus class cruisers. And finally, the Wolfgirl SS Breeding Program has been massively expanded, eclipsing even the French's submarine fleet in the second Franco-Italian War. Of course, with new ships comes the need for new names, so let me have the best you've got.

Although, I do believe it's time we take a moment to look back on our fallen ships, those that helped bring our nation from the laughingstock of Europe to one of it's largest players.

F

Now, you may ask, how is it possible for the Regia Marina to possibly stand against the Royal Navy of Great Britain? They're Capital fleet is over twice as large as ours, and with a budget double our own they can afford to replace losses much quicker. Surely the only way we could win would be to try and draw them into a long, drawn out war of attrition using underhanded tactics?

Well, we've got a friend.

Please post a list of ships sunk sorted by date.

enter enter enter enter

Ours or enemies? Either way, I'm not sure I can get it by date, since the simplistic nature of the menu means it'll just sort them January-forward or December-back.

Njet Molotoff intensifies

That was unexpected.

Ours but if it's going to sort by raw numbers, 10/10 shit spreadsheet.

Britain's been resting on her laurels, for whatever reason. How did she end up getting eclipsed in ships in any class by anyone? A better question is, does it matter?

And before we embark on this, how's our unrest? Don't want that of all things to be our end.

Why do our AMCs hate wolfgirls so much?

What I expected to slightly annoy Britain (protesting their occupation of Ceylon) instead jumped them over 5 tension points into war. Right before that, we got a look at another one of their in-production Dreadnoughts.

Our losses are in

How do the Western Africa & Indian Ocean sea zones look right now? We have a slight advantage in our home possessions now, but I'm worried about our farther reaches, even though it looks like Germany is keeping most of their tonnage out there rather than at home, where perhaps they have lots of coastal batteries to compensate.

Our Wolfgirls immediately start raping enemy shipping and patrol ships. Now, do we want to take this convoy defense, given the disparity in forces?

Absolutely. Unless the battle estimation is funning with us, that's a perfect chance to sink an isolated capital and a lot of heavy screens.

Britain backed out of the attack, so we don't get to hunt down that BC. Seems her and Germany are skirmishing, nothing too major. Meanwhile, our Wolfgirls are doing their job well.

Not really, considering that according to Admiralanon we've got no reports of Krauts going up against any other country, while Brits and Frogs have been having to fight around the whole world.

I BET THE FUCKING /ITA/ FURRY IS BEHIND THIS
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Ouch. Should we try to avenge her?

fuck em right in the pussy

Well God damn, this is a fucking fleet.

Go in. It's not necessarily favorable battleship to battleship but they have literally no light cruisers and only a half-dozen DDs. They're just asking to eat a wide spread.

Well, this is a little close for comfort. Visibility is 8km.

And it looks like the British have no problem with charging into the night. Our torpedo squadrons will enjoy that, as long as their gunnery isn't too good.

Ah, about that British gunnery. It seems rather on point. That being said, you guys remember the Hood?

Do you lads love cordite stored in walkways as much as I do? Because I don't think anyone can.

Well, I think I've found the crown jewel of their fleet.

Sasuga Britain

THE GREAT DICK OF ITALY THRUST MIGHTILY AND FUCKS A BRITISH PUSSY!

Triple quadruple turrets, ten five-inch double turrets, with less armor than the historical Nelson at 2000 more displacement and only a knot of speed over her. Too fat to be a good battlecruiser, too thinskinned to be a good dreadnought. It's not even an older ship going by the quad turrets, and even if she were she'd still be treading dangerous lines belt-on. What is British R&D doing?

This weather is massively playing to our favor. The sighting range has once again dropped considerably, which means any gunnery is taking place at point-blank range. As a result, even though the majority of our fleet uses smaller calibre guns, they're still easily capable of penetrating the enemy's belt armor. While the British largely have brought 16" guns, their slow rate of fire means that the DPS on them is abysmal at this range compared to massed 12-15" guns. To be frank, if the battle had any different conditions we would have been in trouble.

Having said that, Pax Romana is fairly badly hurt, I'm attempting to secure her a safe vector back to port.

That -1 crew quality. Have we been stuck reserving more than just a few ships in peacetime? Is this the power of inconsistent naval doctrine?

Despite a near freindly fire incident with a torpedo, it seems someone knocked out this Rodney's rudder. Turning circles in front of our battle line, she's quickly dispatched. From this point, the two sides of our fleet moves to surround the remaining British forces in the area.

Yeah, right before we kicked this war, assholes got a budget cut passed. Even placing every construction on hold didn't make enough of a difference, so I was forced to put our older capitals on reserve fleet status.

Name suggestions:

Now Youse Can't Leave
Take The Cannoli
Get Your Shinebox
Al Dente
Tiramisu

Hey, lookie at what happened again.

Quick note on how RtW works. Britian has a hidden flaws trait, which manifests in a unnerving (yet somewhat historically accurate) tendency for their ship turrets to suffer flash fires. Thus, in your first war with them closing to short range like this can set them off fairly regularly. However, after this occurs, British designers will realize what's happening and the flaw will gradually disappear as stricter safety standards are adopted.

Oh, I know about that wonderful hidden flaws trait. I just didn't expect it to manifest so often, and mainly thought it resulted in more common overweight/didn't reach design speed/etc results rater than just flash fire vulnerability. This is disastrously more than I expected, which is wonderful for us.

Britain hasn't had any major wars to give them the chance to correct this, have they? Certainly none with us. Is there any kind of ingame overview for wars waged? Can they happen without player involvement in the background, or does the tension-to-war system muck up the possibility of that happening?

Legitimate Businessmen
Gabagool Merchants
Waste Management Is A Dangerous Business Sometimes

F

She died putting most of her fish in the water. May she be remembered.

F

Cannelloni
Giuseppe Verdi
Machiavelli
Antipasto
Farfalla vendetta
O Mio Bambino

Flash fires also happen often enough for other nations too. Just look at their turret armor, it's barely pushing 13 inches, even 11 inch guns at this range would slice through that.

You should begin to detach heavily damaged capital ships, if we lose even one we've lost our progress.

I've not narrated the last couple hours since it's largely just overwhelming individual Dreadnoughts with overlapping suppresive fire with holding others with torpedo runs and whatnot. After taking a couple more down, I figure we should get out while we're ahead and make for Albania. Great Britian tries to push the issue with some battle cruisers coming out of the night, but some torpedo screens send them back out to sea. Eventually, we make it to port, even some of our crippled ships we left making enough repairs to regain power.

The end results speak for themselves.

ONE BATTLE

ONE MILLION VPS

Holy shit.

NEW ROMAN EMPIRE IS RISING!

VIVA ITALIA!
PAX ROMANUM AETERNUM!

SUCK OUR BIG ITALIAN DICKS AND SEND OUR REGARDS TO THE QUEEN!

Well, these numbers look a bit more encouraging. And look who want's to negotiate…

Push our long hard terms down their throats

Hard terms would be the very least we'd go for. We destroyed over half their fast battleship fleet, even if going by the in-service tonnage remaining we didn't get the biggest ones. Frankly, if we can go over 6 colony demand points, it'd be better to ride our momentum and continue the war than give them another buildup period and risk not being able to provoke them while our alliance lasts; I lean strongly towards pressing on to total victory, as we now have a huge combined battleship advantage over them that we won't ever get again without pressing and keeping it now. Crush them.

On one hand, we're still outweighed pretty badly. On the other, this might be the last war.

Crush the Pict.

Looks like we keep going. Although this engagement is just mean.

The British island of Cyprus falls quickly. Continue to crush them?

Also holy shit it's 5:30AM, I'm gonna head to bed.

Militarily seized colonies are automatically gained as spoils, aren't they? I recall us getting one that we didn't have to choose as a peace option in one of the first two Franco-Italian wars, I want to say it was Djibouti. We'll continue until we've captured both gates of the Mediterranean, at which point we'll take some African possessions as the cherry on our imperial cake, should all go well.

We need either Egypt or Gibraltar, British control over the exits of the Mediterranean is unacceptable.

A rather disappointing 6 points, but we've still got 12 years before the end of the game. What'll it be?

Once the army takes it, it's ours. Which can be kind of bullshit, I've had the UK take a far off province because I was busy fighting them in mainland Europe, they capitulated but kept the colony.

Egypt and Zanzibar.

Gibraltar and Zanzibar

Closing the strait will force them to go all the way around Africa in the next war. It's also a nice hub for our subs.

Gibraltar and whatever, need to close the mediterrean from that side at least.

We got almost a million tonnage VPs in one engagement. I don't understand how that translated to a mere 49,932 in the image prior to the first negotiation, or to a petty hardcapped 6 possession points.

Egypt is a no-brainer, as it is definitely a closed path during wartime, unless Gibraltar functions in the same way the Suez does- blocking movement in wartime- in which case it's even more of a no-brainer than the Suez to follow 's strategy of stretching Britain's range requirements. And after that Zanzibar is likewise a no brainer as the only thing we can afford in a sea zone we can police.

Egypt and Bahamas. We need to connect our Indian Ocean colonies with the Med.

Voting appears to narrowly favor Egypt, as well a Zanzibar. And with that, I'm off to bed. Are we interested in continuing on until 1950? We could just end it here, or, if there's sufficient interest, try a new campaign, although I'd rather wait a while to get exposure to different people. That, and wait for RtW2.

Damage points and Victory Points are on a different scale, they don't quite translate 1:1.

I would like to point out that out of the original line of coastal Wolfgirls, only Liru survived, a veteran of three wars.

Take it up with the voters.

How much damage did Liru do ?

Unless you're intolerably bored, I still say our minimum stopping point before ending for now/doing another campaign is having both gates of the Med and cutting Britain a little more down to size. As long as juggling shit budgets, our excessive conceptual demands, and setting up masterstroke exploding battlelines remains fun for you, I'll happily take your hospitality as game host.

Anyways, I thought you were going to bed, OP. I apologize if not acknowledging that explicitly might've made you think we were thick and go on a little longer, I just was typing a bit quick and didn't put a 'good night' in.

After giving it some thought, I'm relieved we didn't get Gibraltar. Keeping the Indian Ocean open to ourselves is very useful, as it opens up the possibility to launch major offenses into India where only their best and longest-ranged ships can reach us after working the enemy over in our home waters and potentially destroying those very ships, meaning an uncontested march through India. It also means WE don't have to go around Africa to reach our colonies, meaning that we can respond to an offensive by steaming right out of our home waters, which won't be too terribly strenuous on most of our ships that aren't double whammy cramped-short, and maybe not even for them since we have so many colonies, not sure how ship supply works between sea zones.

Conversely, if we had taken Gibraltar early rather than the Suez, we would have been left with only our preestablished colonial forces in the Indian Ocean until we seized the Suez, and rather than steaming directly into the waiting tunnelvision maw of the Mediterranean or else into a well-prepared West Africa relative to the lesser attention that region would receive, Britain's best ships could and would in theory run around us to India while the entirety of their shittier-ranged ships ran riot over West Africa. Without the choice of entering our home waters, where we have the most advantage and where they'll inevitably be drawn seeking the densest colonial value, the enemy will go elsewhere, and we'd have to split up our long-range and short-range ships to try and juggle two fronts while also trying to unify them.

Although we could solve the West African front after cleaning up whatever they'd stationed in the Med to then leave a skeleton crew to clean the rest at leisure, the length of time it'd take to go through the Suez might not be enough to prevent Britain from taking and keeping colony or two, and going around Africa would be largely impossible for us. Nevermind they might use the Suez themselves and come into a skeleton crew'd Mediterranean at will. Better to harden our soft belly, straighten our bowels and open our maw than turn up our chin, puff out our chest and take a puke-inducing punch to the gut. Direct stonewall protection for our eastern colonies was direly needed; not so for our home waters, which we'll seal up when we're good and ready to shoulder the full weight of defending two colonial fronts as primary battlegrounds, which requires ships more suited than many of the regional designs still kicking around.

Subspam is still the best option to fuck over england as long as they are alone. Protect your homewaters with surface vessels and starve their population using subs. This fucks their economy and you can finally overtake them with surface tonnage.
Not so great against the US, but works against everyone else.

To be honest it would have been indifferent. By taking the Suez canal, we stop them from coming from the East. If we took Gibraltar, we would have closed them from the West. As long as we don't have both of them, we're not in control of the Mediterranean.
Also congrats to Admiral user for his magnificent display, he's doing what took Italy two world wars without accomplishing nothing.

Map so full of pasta makes me proud, but Roman Empire has to be restored through the conquest of Malta, Algeria and Gibsaltar.

On side note, how do you think the Europeans in this alternate world view Italy? It was complete joke few decades ago but at this point has raped everyone of the old great powers except for Germany at least once.

I don't understand what goes on in these threads, and so they make me angry.

Is it worth it to put deck armour on a CL at the start of the game? I doubt anything that early can hit so small a target at the ranges necessary to hit the deck, but I don't like leaving it unprotected.

Probably about the same way they viewed Japan after the Battle of Tsushima

Nah, any shell that's heavy enough to make plunging fire dangerous is heavy enough to ruin a CL's day anyway. Put that weight into the engines.

British should be (((deeply concerned))) as their navy has proven to be paper tiger. First war it participated in it lost 6/10 of its battleships, and at least half of those by technical defects of their own. While the quick surrender was realistic, I would have hoped for longer war which would have allowed us and the Krauts to sink more of their navy and grab more rightful Italian clay.

OP here, sorry for not coming around the last couple days, felt like shit and not in the mood to really play much vidya.

Anyways, as we near the final decade, should we agree to a disarmament conference? We have no capitals in production, but could really slow down any rivals production.

Debatable. Anything plunging is going to miss too often to really be worth it, so most of what it'll protect from is splinters.

I also posted this about an hour ago, but didn't see the captcha come up

If it won't hurt us then do it.

Personally I skimp on it but deck armour also protects against splinter damage which can cut down gun crews if you've only got gun shields or perforate your uptakes for a pretty major speed reduction. It might do more, check the manual.

Seems that attempt failed, should we try again with Russia?

Anything worth taking off the russians?

Baltic States and some territory next to Japan. Finland told them to go fuck themselves.

Doesn't look like it. I don't think they even own Finland anymore.

Probably not worth it then.

We don't really want to get tangled up in Asia now, if ever at all. Too far to reach with not quite enough tonnage to spread around, even with how far we've come. What's with the ghost tension again, anyways?

It appears that Great Britian took some lessons from their defeat, and is now working on Dreadnoughts that utilize heavily armored turrets. Now, it seems Germany is thinking about some forcible reunification. While we stand to gain very little with this, we do like having Germany on our side. What's the choice?

If we need money a little war with Austria would basically be free budget. If not we should go for the conference.

Ha ha. It's got only a half inch above battlecruiser belt maximum and kind of average or slightly above speed for a BB this late in. And it still has torpedoes. They learn one lesson and forget the others. The fifteen inch guns are worrisome, though.

Blank cheque. Fuck Austria-Hungary, as even though they've got no more colonies and no great likelihood to come against us on their own, the possibility of a multi-party war with how that tension is lining up is one we want to address by aggressively cutting down any regional enemy that could be part of one. And as notes, our budget is basically entirely funded by incessant naval warfare.

Holy shit we've become the US military procurement system.

Apologizes , I failed to see your response before going with
Anyways, we can always keep the war chest filled by going after Great Britain, yes?

War!

We build things that actually work for a reasonable price, though, so we're only halfway or so there. I suppose having lots of old clunkers that we incessantly modernize pushes it a little further.

It worked out with how the tension looks. Britain is definitely a target of more import than Austria-Hungary, even if war with them was good in a vacuum. We got prestige and made it more likely we'll focus our alliance against the primary enemy while it still lasts. Kick them while they're down.

Our alliance with the Germans is likely reaching the end of it's agreed time, wanna buddy up with AMERICA? Worth noting they've scrapped every ship of theirs built before 1927.

Yeah, even if they don't cross the Atlantic they can keep British tonnage locked down in the Caribbean.

If it won't replace our current alliance, go for it. If it will, go for it anyways. We already revived a certain degree of our nascent rapport from the first alliance attempt with our license-building a huge battleship in their yards, after all. War Plan Red, here we come.

Sounds good to me.

Oh boy, this has the potential to become a lot of fun, very very quickly.

C O N D E M N

WAR

Well then, looks like somebody (us) just got implicit permission to try and kick off the biggest fucking war ever.

E X T E N D

So, I have good news and I have bad news…

We torpedoed a liner on FLEET SUPPORT. Why, God? Get in there and give them a sound kick in the rear. Isolated caps with no screens are the best.

So does this mean that frogs might join GB in the war?
How stronk are they right now?

wew

Potential screenless battlecruiser sounds like free VP to me.

They'll declare war next turn if they haven't already. Everything's about to go to hell real fast.

A pretty good force to command, although all we've found so far is a single DD.

Oh, well that's a bit anti-climactic. But victory abounds, although things are gonna get a bit spicier now.

Remove Albion.

Oh boy we might be in for a ride

Set to work. Can we have a review of French battlecruiser forces? I want to know how worried we ought to be, if at all. If the campaign AI learned by experience to make them into faster battleships with long-range armor by going to max value & built them to quickly achieve a capital ship advantage, we'll be troubled, but if they're still going with the 'it only needs to be armored against cruiser guns!' ethic then this could be very bad for them.

We've got a good force to work with, but it seems the French do as well. How hard do we want to fight this?

Are we at risk of blockade if we don't win hard now?

To an extent. Remember we've got two major allies, but France has revamped in favor of BCs pretty damn hard.

Maybe go for the win then.

The French did exactly the thing I worried they'd do. Sitting at a far range and getting picked to pieces is unideal, but getting eaten up in close because we can't close fast enough and only make things worse while also risking a taste of our own medicine is also unideal.

How far off is nightfall? Either way we go, I say we should make for the direction of the setting sun if it'll blind the enemy and rake their line with torpedoes, then go from there to decide if we should keep knife fighting or cut & run to avoid a citadel hit to something important.

Four hours. Fighting out of the sunset will work, although we might have to do some tricky maneuvering to get that position.

Despite them letting their T be crossed fairly hard, the French BCs manage to hurt our rearmost line of BattleCruisers themselves. They've turned partly away to meet their reinforcing fleet, should we press the issue?

Do we still have the speed to disengage at will? If so press them, if not run now.

For roughly an hour we've exchanged fire. We've taken quite a few painful hits, although likely given them back also. Unfortunate, we're in French waters, their fleet stands between us a safety, so it looks like we've got to fight this out.

Swing into their line and give them a fish spread. When they scatter, we'll get past, around or through them. Whatever approach we take, we should go for the particular optimal 12 inch/inoptimal 16 inch range, meekly imitating the conditions of the last British blowout. If we don't disengage entirely, of course.

We turn around to put our wounded ships in a more advantageous position, which mixes up their line a bit. Particularly interesting is this Requin, which outright charges Frogg Killer. Let's see who lives up to their name.

With heavy damage on both sides, the French break off contact. We're not quite in the state to chase after them, so we let them off. Overall it's a minor victory, although Frogg Killer died in her attack run.

Could have gone a lot worse.

A victory is a victory. More of their battlecruisers will be out of commission for longer than our own capital ships, however narrowly. The more than doubled ship damage points do more than just imply that, past the otherwise similar light/medium/heavy counts.

Although I forgot to grab the image, we're forced into a coastal defense. While I would be iffy about fighting these BCs with our equal number, their armor appears fairly thin and we've already knocked out a turret, so I'll risk it.

It appears that the trailing BC's taken a round to the rudder. Faggots and Dickus inbound.

I like it how the game considers ships bigger than the Iowa battleships a battle cruiser

While the trailing BC turns away, the lead must have taken a serious hit to the engine room, because she suddenly comes to a halt. Our DDs have no problem filling her with fish, then move on to the other.

Once you pass 1925, the tech gets a bit screwy. The game lets you play until 1950, but basically tells you not to consider anything past '25 'reasonable'.

While it's a shame we didn't get them all, any DD that can take a 15" HE shell and survive is pretty cool in my book. Good naval supremacy UK.

Eyyy that's my boy

A penetrating 15" HE hit and it just sailed home. Going by British shells that was 1700 pounds of steel and 200 pounds of explosive.

How's our victory point situation looking?

With Germany keeping a decent chunk of the enemy fleets occupied up North and the US presumably having fun with the isolated UK territories off the East Coast, they've asked for peace.

Y/N?

We're already near the cut-off year, so let's have a final hurrah
No

I love unscreened capitals. I really do. Are they frontloading all of their capitals into the Med to try and break our back or something and using the lighter stuff to police their more far-flung colonies? Giving it some thought, I don't remember them once giving a serious attempt to bother our colonies, just some light cruiser battles in the earlier wars. Everything goes right into Mare Nostrum where we have the homefield advantage.

Only a year of war and a couple good engagements? To get another six hardcapped colony points? Nonsense. Crush them, savescum if the game RNG's a negotiated peace when there is no sense in it, and continue to wage total war so that we can seize what we need by force through sea zone control. We really won't get another chance like this, this is almost definitely the last great war of the playthrough and the last time we'll have a big budget to play with to fight big enemies.

As we hoped, peace doesn't go through. I do have some bad news though. Liru sunk. Time for revenge?

They actually had a trio of escorting DDs, but the gunnery just went in our favor too hard.
Remember that they have Germany in their home waters and the US in the Caribbean. Having said that, they are in force off the West coast of Africa, but they haven't managed to launch an actual invasion yet.

Do it

Do you think we'll get enough VPs to win the final Mediterranean colonies?

Which year are we at? Will we have time to take Gibraltar and Argelia and make sure the Mare Nostrum is nostrum again?

Well, this is a bit less than ideal. The French cruisers are a touch better armed, although less armored. However, Baguette Eater carries 5 2" guns on each side of her, so we might win a point blank brawl.

August 1943. And one can hope, we're so close.

Three destroyers to watch over two capitals is not a screen, OP! That's a couple glorified tugboats with torpedoes at best, they can't form any kind of picket. We had eleven of them and a light cruiser, on the other hand. I think I had the right of it even on a technical level with that kind of disparity.

Vengeance is a dish best served with close-in 12 inchers & torpedo attacks. And holy shit, do we still have an old legacy B hanging around? Did the museum ship steam out? Also, did the Risorgimento (American-built wing turret supercapital, not sure what name you really used) ever get christened and added to the fleet? I don't recall seeing her yet.

I really think for those we'd be best off to invade them, then fan out into the other sea zones and really wreak havoc before seeking a treaty. If we can claim supremacy in the Mediterranean and close it from both ends (again, if Gib acts like the Suez) then we can actually take a shot at militarily seizing India & South Africa, which have impossibly high values and simply can't be taken by treaty. If they can be taken at all, it's by marine invasion.

Didn't the Risorgimento get cancelled due to after-war budget cuts?

I'm not sure, but that sounds plausible. Did she get scrapped in-yard then, or are we able to resume that construction?

While things were getting a bit dicey, help has arrived.

Worth mentioning that 6 of our DDs in the action were merely patrolling the coastlines, not part of our commanded force.
That's the Napoli, our legacy B we had Great Britain outfit with a pair of 16" guns a couple decades ago. She's assigned to coastal patrol, since I think that means she could show up as a patrol vessel during a CL fight.
She was a Montana-class, destined to be drawn up but never laid down.
That's how we got Malta, although the enemey fleet moved in hard enough to momentarily blockade us. We've established rough parity as of now.

Ah, and they've got help too.

Sorry, kind of rushed through the rest without grabbing screencaps. Our CAs knock out the Gueydon's engines, then our DDs finish the job. Afterward we ran a convoy attack, although all that happened was DDs popping shots off at range. Now, it's '44, we want to keep this going? Unrest is at 4, mostly due to submarine warfare.

Total victory is the only victory! 4 unrest is nothing, until it starts reaching near to 10 we have nothing to fear.

Onward to the final victory, crush the berets ! Destroy the brits!
There is nothing to loose, just more budget for crazy projects and more ships !

Op here mobileposting, internet shit the bed, gonna call it for a night.

Fight for the endsieg, savescum if you must should the AI force peace deal on us. We won't rest until British are broken.

OP here again, rats chewed through our phone line, so we spent half the day underneath the house searching for the break in the line. I'll continue the playthrough tonight if we've got people around.

You still have a phone line?

Always ready to go if the rest of the regulars are, boss.

For pasta and taking everything from UK.

Sounds good.

Kill them all OP, leave every british ship at the bottom of the sea!

Do what this guy says

REMOVE ANGLOS

I'm playing as the CSA. How can I buy technology from another country? Also, is it worth it to make submarines? I figure it's not since I don't have any distant colonies.

It pops up as an event and submarines are always good.

I think I'm going to be at war with the USA soon. I have high tensions with the UK. I hope they don't join in. I still don't have any allies.

They blew up one of my ships and then war broke out. It's time for the South to rise again.

Time for Freedom.

I won that war took peace too soon and didn't get anything. It was a mistake. I later got into another war and was doing well until France joined in. Now it's peace again and I'm building up. I haven't gained a single territory yet.

It's 1918. I'll probably play until 1925.

You should get to keep anything you take if the invasion actually ends in victory.