REALLY GOOD GAMES

so i recently just bought a xbox original but i currently have no games, however, i did order shenmue 2 and jet set radio but there not here yet.

What are some good games you guys recommend?

Also XBOX original thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/USB-Xbox-Converter-Cable-Original/dp/B00F52LQHO
amazon.com/Portta-YPbPr-Component-Converter-support/dp/B003VJ9RP6
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thousand Land
Metal Wolf Chaos
Otogi
Otogi 2

PHANTOM DUST
Get it. Should be cheap too.

Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller
Ninja Gaiden Black

Also the best versions of 6th gen multiplats, watch this.

mod your xbox and enjoy cheap games, also get component cables and enjoy games in HD

nice picture, ill look forward into getting some of these

all of this just for downloading games and have them be played in HD? or is there more to it then just that

do your best user-chan

modding is for playing games off the hard drive and being able to download them and transfer them over FTP with little trouble. It means you won't have to spend $25 on panzer dragoon orta and $25 on conker's live and reloaded, and for the price of those two games you can have every xbox game.

for HD, just pic related

I never did unlock those secret cars in MM3

feel free to add games yourself

Phantom Dust is free on Xbox One and has multiplayer.

its also on windows store and I strongly urge everyone to play it

classic xbox is still the greatest platform microsoft ever had

Component cables are 10 bucks

Second, it's best not to upscale games past their intended resolution because it fucks with UI elements. If a game is meant to be maxed out at 480p, stick with 480p.

its still fun to see what you can do with hex edit forcing 720p in widescreen capable games. shows how beautiful these games can be.

It's just amazing to see how much the developers squeezed every last drop of power out of the XB.

it's actually a tremendous system. Microsoft made a mistake by making the xbox one literally a dx11 box. sony at least has OGL wizardry on its side, but the directx functionality in the original xbox and the 360 was unique to those systems, behaving differently even with nearly identical hardware compared to what the PC was capable of.

also a friendly reminder to remove those fucking clock capacitors.

you gonna try and clean off the corrosive material?

I just want a new Otogi

I would be more than happy with an HD collection for PC but the Soulsfags might ruin it.

I'd add Test Drive Eve of Destruction and Street Fighter Anniversary Collection.

To a lesser degree:
Gladius
Full Spectrum Warrior
Tron 2.0 Killer App

The XB version looks like an early 360 game.

Eh no. You can easily emulate both Hyper SFII and Third Strike these days, with better control options.
On PC

Still using bad caps in the 2000s. wtf?

Sure. Both are still good versions though, SFA is great and Tron is decent.

That particular cap is a supercapacitor with a capacitance of 1 F. All the other caps are fine.

pro-tip: q-tips dipped in Coca-Cola is fucking great for spot-treating corrosion and capacitor leaks if you don't already have a specific deoxidizer solution. also distilled water and never alcohols (thank Funcoland cleaning kits for destroying thousands of consoles/games).

Brute Force
Panzer Dragoon Orta
NBA Street Volume 2
Spartan: Total Warrior
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Timespliters 1 and 2

Why not timesplitters 3?

Amped 2
The Burnouts
The Suffering
SSX3

would recommend kung fu chaos the first, last and only good game by just add monsters / ninja theory.

user, this mod doesn't require any really tricky shit. Honestly any idiot should be able to do it. The only modding easier is Wii modding. You should be ashamed if you paid someone to do such an easy mod.

How dark is your heart?

But cola is sticky

I think my Xbox has this. It gets laggy when playing KOF:MI and constantly shuts itself off with an orange-red ring around its power button. Is the capacitor really the reason for it? Also, is removing it simple because I'd hate to open up any of my consoles for anything.

i still dont know why konami isn't telling genki to make another sequel to this mech game and make it multiplayer

Orange/red? Pretty sure that means your disk drive is dying.

that's why you apply it with a q-tip and remove it with distilled water…

But when you rub dried out cola with water it gets stickier.

It was flashing green and orangish-red. I'll have to set it up again to confirm. It was playing just fine before when I got it and it has a Phillips type drive. It acted up a month or two ago when I inserted Maximum Impact Maniax and can still operate somewhat normally for a little while longer when I put in the other games, too.

Hunter: The Reckoning for couch co-op. Don't play Redeemer it's too easy.

Except they're not; The Duke and S are not made for fighting games and Tron 2.0 is best on PC. Only useful if you're into collecting Xbox games.

You: Tron is better on PC
Me: In my opinion Tron on Xbox is a decent version
You: No PC is better

OK!

The controllers are better suited for 3D fighters but works fine for SFA. You don't need the most optimal stick or pad to have a great time.

This is some shit contrarian taste right here.

This is some shit buzzwordy bait right here.

Mechassault 2 with an action replay

The shit contrarian taste is real.

who made this webm?

This is actually funny. Is this Holla Forums related?

Play Brute Force especially if you have friends

Alright, first take your indulgent passive aggressive posting to >>>/reddit/ or >>>/cuckchan/
They aren't suited to any fighting game.
No, they don't.
t. someone who played SFAC extensively on Xbox pads before I knew how bad they were for fighting games
Go ahead and tell me that mushy Xbox dpad works well for parrying in 3rd Strike or quarter circle motions. Go ahead and tell me that analog triggers work for frame intensive 2D fighting games.

Protip: they don't.

That game is basically a playable alpha. There is a full fledged developer debug mode in the game. And you need it because the game is a piece of shit. I did want to like it though. Waste of one of my 3 launch titles when I got the 3 game bundle.

the influx of newfags is overwhelming..

I did a little bit of searching and I think 8/pol/ made it. they did a rick and morty voice dub thread a while back. it's on cuck/pol/ also dating back to the 28th last month.

Easily

gud list

Buffy the vampire slayer.

I fell for the 4k meme after my 1080p set shit out.

While my television is amazing and actually has less input lag than my 1080p screen (and dat HDR) and my house has become the new designated shitting street for entertainment among my friends I only have HDMI and Displayport inputs.

I have plug in adapters for my Wii and PS2 (just plugs right into the output and makes it an HDMI) but I can't find something similar for Xbox. I know there are a Component to HDMI converters, but I heard those introduce a lot of input lag.

I have a CRT as well, and I usually just play Xbox on that when I absolutely need my Gunvalkyrie/Orta/etc. fix, but I'd like it on the big dick screen if it at all possible. Any ideas?

You should've bought a big ass 1080p screen instead.

Sounds like an oxymoron to me.
Ironical accusation when you refer me to leddit and dish out the ol' protip in the very same post. Seems to me that you're the one baiting an argument here.

You shouldn't use those. Use the white/black buttons.

I had no problem with parrying or commands using the analogue stick. I prefer a good dpad, sure.

Dude, I know the options out there. I've played with Saturn pads same as anybody. The xbox pads works fine. Nobody would bring them to a tournament given an option, so what? You and me both have played SFA extensively and had a great time, right? Why would you, otherwise?

this is some cancer

Got any charts any other old consoles?

You want to post that in English nigger?
Oh, so you are literal nigger with giant ape hands who could press those little shits without stretching or cramping your thumb, that's why it works for you.
Then if you know that you wouldn't post

Because it's fucking uncomfortable, the dpad is fucking shit for fighting and 2D games, and better options exist.
amazon.com/USB-Xbox-Converter-Cable-Original/dp/B00F52LQHO
Read my post. Goddamn you are an illiterate nigger.

Fuck no. What makes Phantom Crash great is the combination of arena gameplay with battle chatter of characters you get to know both inside the arena and outside. With a focus on multiplayer you'd remove the magic and invite all kinds of cancer instead.

Konami doesn't like making money.

I wish there were more sim-cade games like that widely available.
I unironically like this track

There's something about PGR2 that's so damn comfy

I can attest to the goodness of Gladius and Enclave, two games that surprised me greatly.

working on saturn right now, library is too big tbh

Whatever, I'm through trying to convince you that I enjoyed a game 15 years ago.

brute force

A great man

That's enough proof you aren't from here

Thanks for shutting the fuck up >>>/reddit/

HIDDEN
GEMS
Thanks for all the recs though, Holla Forums.

I got one of these because it was the cheapest; no perceivable input lag to my 4k TV. amazon.com/Portta-YPbPr-Component-Converter-support/dp/B003VJ9RP6 . No support for surround sound though, and reviews seem to be mixed though in regards to quality.

Eh, might work

Holy mother of god is that dude ugly.

Now that's something I didn't expect to hear at all, but it gives me hope.

White vinegar works, you can get it easily enough to clean off the corrosion. Alcohol is fine, as long as its the right kind.. Use something above 90%, you can find 99% isopropyl alcohol as well most places.

Coke could work if you really can't find anything else, but the point is to use something with no impurities so you don't short out anything.

Guess I ain't alone. I fucking loved to play Top Agent with bots. That was the only fun thing to do for the holidays I had has a kid.

I have these ones.

Thank you very much user; conveniently I got PCSX2 and Dolphin set up so these will be very helpful.
tfw you can't play games on their original hardware anymore because you don't have the consoles anymore and its hard to find games outside of online places like ebay

The local game stores died long ago, and the last time I went to FUCKING GAMESTOP was to do a console trade. Didn't get ripped off oddly enough.

got anymore of these?

Got some PSX nostalgia.

thanks

that's a bit of a lackluster survival horror list tbh

That's it
everything else worth playing in that gen was either on the gamecube or the ps2
maybe some multyplats run better on the Xbox but they are few and far between

ya just play the ps2 or gc (emulate for superior experience) versions of JSRF, gun valkyrie, steel battalion and metal wolf chaos

technically speaking the xbox usually ran everything better and it looked nicer to boot

Mechassault 1/2
Time Splitters 2/3
Blinx the Timesweeper 1/2
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Forza Motorsport
Brute Force
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Project Gotham Racing 1/2

That's just off the top of my head- the fuck are you talking about? There were heaps of decent exclusives and better multiplat games.

Jet Set Radop Future is the only half decent thing in these list
everything else sounds liker either a racer or a FPS (both of wich are shit generes barelly above sports)
I think i remeber Blinx being a mascot plataformer but i've only ever seen the cover of it
how is this game pupluar at all
all i've ever seen about it is rail shooting

What games were better on PS2/GCN than Xbox? The only one I can think of is True Crime: New York City, because the Xbox release was a beta and had a gamebreaking bug late in the game.

Jet Set Radio Future is a must.

i had a ps2 and a friend had a xbox, i remebered we compared versions a couple of times when we took our consoles to each other houses
i remeber most of the games looking the same with a few exceptions looking better in the xbox
If there really was graphical upgrade in most games then you may need a sharper eye than mine and mine friend to notice it

Jesus dude, there's tons of good games on the OG Xbox, half of those titles aren't just good games, they were the best of their specific categories/genre of their time.

I'm getting the feeling that rather than even bothering to look into it, you're just dismissing them from the outset.

Why not actually have a good look at them, hell- even have a play of them then have an opinion on them? For all of Holla Forums'S hate for Xboner, they still rightfully hold some reverence for the OG Xbox because it (by pure fucking luck) was genuinely good.

go back
From google images it probably plays like starfox 64

it's not just here, i've seen people praising it all over the web
and i don't get starfox either, or the rail shotter genere either

no wonder Blinx, Ninja Gaiden and JSRF are all i remeber from the xbox
they were the onlyones who stood out from the crowd

Kinda, it has the same on rails concept, but the fight takes place 360° around Orta and the Dragon. The idea being that you use the triggers to flick the camera 90° around the view and the sticks to aim and move the Dragon around the play area, as well as boost and brake through moving traps and walls etc.

The Dragon could morph into 3 distinct modes: fast and agile, slow and powerful and all-rounder, each has its own super attack too. The story was kind of a mess, but easy enough to understand by the end, there were tons of things and content tounlock including the original Panzer Dragoon as a bonus.

It looked massively impressive for it's time too, easily one of the best looking OG Xbox games.

Dude, I hate to say it- but if you're writing off a whole bunch of genres because of what modern gaming has become you might just have plebeian tastes (not that I'm saying you have to like "X" because we collectively say so, hear me out).

I get it, you said you don't understand the appeal- but why not have a crack instead of just writing it off? You might end up finding something by chance that you actually enjoy, if not then it's no great loss dude.

I wouldn't really call Star Fox 64 a "rail shooter". Though, well made rail shooters can be fun if you don't feel like playing something with too much difficulty. Plus, most have a good story to back up the gameplay.
PS: Are you new to English or are you typing too fast? remember* shooter* shooter* genre*

I don't know how long you've been here, and I don't mean to be rude, but stop with that spacing or you're gonna have a bad time.

It's not reddit spacing dude, it's called formatting, and seeing as I was about 15 when the OG Xbox came out I've been here (and of course, Halfchan prior) for too long… I'm fucking getting old dude.

It doesn't look good, though.

Well how the fuck else are you supposed to paragraph things? I've typed like this for ever and it's only started to trigger people latelysince this whole "le reddit spacing" bullshit started.

I just thing from a reading standpoint, it makes sense so you can accurately gauge innontation and tone of the text-based so you can see if I'm being a smart ass or I'm genuinely attentive to what someone is saying.

Jesus fuck, here I am banging on about formatting and I fucked that entire post to hell.

I'm getting tired.

You aren't supposed to paragraph sentences. The only real reason you should be writing like that on here is if you're writing an autistic 750 word essay.

how casual can you be

beyond good and evil on the gamecube is the definitive version, xbox one has some missing effects

Righto, it'll just type like this because it stops triggering people. It really makes sense to type everything in one paragraph anyway because when you start talking about a different topic or aspect of a thing it's much easier to read if it's all bunched up as one paragraph. Because with the way it upsets people by using paragraphs and people screeching about the way posts are typed it seems that the content of the post is less important than how it was typed. That's just the way this shit's getting though I spose, people taking offence and getting angry about shit that really shouldn't matter as opposed to the SJWs and faggots infiltrating the gaming industry. Which funnily enough, I think I know why the fags at Kotaku and Polygon don't like Cuphead- It's because in the run and gun stages you have to press the right direction too often, which is a subliminal message from the developers to support the "Alt-Right" and therefore they are Nazis. And it's amusing because the only reason they couldn't pass the tutorial stage of Cuphead is because they're used to only pressing forward on a D-pad or thumbstick because their favorite games; Firewatch, Gone Homo and Tacoma all only use the forward motion, so anything that deviates from that is a foreign concept to them.

See what I mean? It's fucking eyeraping.

it's really not though

I'm probably just autistic then…

that's alright, we all are

I love you…

can't blame me for saying the xbox catalog looks monotonous, nothing but cars and guns
i did kinda get the railshooter genere when i had a light gun in my hand, even the Wii resident evil railshooters were kinda decent, not so much with a joystick
also
scond this

pleebit spacing

See that raises another question my mates and I were talking about the other day; I know that modern TVs can't use Lightguns because they rely on the CRT tube to match the light emitted from the gun, but surely there's some way (other than shitty IR sensors) to make Lightguns work with LCD/Plasma/ Etc. displays?

It's stupid that we can't have new Point Blank, Time Crisis, House of the Dead and Virtua Cop games because technologies have somehow "evolved" beyond the ability to do that in a way.

reddit spacing is a d&c meme. Ignore anyone who makes that sort of post user. cakeboy had the right idea wordfiltering that absolute retardation.

Who wants to conquer Holla Forums? Plus, you can't divide Holla Forums anymore than it already is.

I fucking hate fusion frenzy

Thanks to shitposter who ruined this thread.

A funny way to say nearly all multiplats.

Funny considering PS2 had both of those in spade, on top of bloated JRPGs.

Considering you post like an illiterate spic, it's your eyes.

It just redirects me to some ad site.

Exclusives worth your time that haven't already been mentioned:
DOA 3
DOA 2 Ultimate
Genma Onimusha
Gun Valkyrie
Steel Batallion
Tenchu Return from Darkness
Wreckless
Yugioh Dawn of Destiny

Imports:
Magatama