Tfw you play a game everyone has gushed about for years to find its kind of garbo

Tfw you play a game everyone has gushed about for years to find its kind of garbo

This is not the worst game i have played. Its just painfully mediocre. This is a 2000 release so two years after the Year of Dreams with most of the best releases ever made that influenced everything good that followed them. This learnt nothing from them and i just do not understand the gushing over it beyond hipsters loving it purely for being Level 5's first mediocre release.

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/ijsnd4jeqr3e61n/Absolute Fear r1.zip?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

But Dark Cloud 2 is the one everyone gushes over.

Dark Chronicle involved time travel and thus filled itself with plotholes. It's better in various ways, but still not really great. I just recently replayed it after never finishing when I was younger.

Always found that weird. Also Dark Cloud is a very rough game since it was one of the first games on the PS2 and sony wanted a ZELDA KILLER. Dark Chronicle is much better

Pretty much every PS1 and PS2 era RPG.

This Dark Chronicle fixed every problem the first game had, shame Level5 abandon the IP and refuses to touch it.

They're too busy making shitty fujobait games.

Even with faster ways to move, you still waste massive amounts of time slogging around big empty half cleared dungeons.

It hurts, but then I see the trash they're making and I feel a little bit better.

You were born after the late 90s weren't you?

Wanna know how I know you only have been using one character and one weapon at a time?

She says "Hey, Listen!" Until you hit the button, and she tells you what you already know, it was annoying because she would constantly do it while you were doing side quests or just running around. Also did you not read the signs in the training are where you get the Koriki Sword? You learn how to use the camera

Oh man so you are telling me that a PS2 launch title that was rushed out the door to sell and showcase the platform is dated and feels rough?! What a shocker!

it's not a perfect game but it's probably one of the last few games that has that sort of 5th gen soul to it. Later PS2 games feel very distinctly 6th gen, while dark cloud sort of reminds me of threads of fate.

This is his mother, you caused a seizure. I have your information and have called the moderation to report the assault.

Shadow of the Colossus
Everything about it is just garbage.

Might have played the PS3 port with the jank physics

the physics still operate pretty well there, just require a bit more precision to nail the flings.

oh shit, they gonna backtrace your post, ea9e24.
CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME

The game's overrated outside of Holla Forums but I think you just need to git gud

Rogue Galaxy was essentially Dark Cloud 3.

Except the battle system and weapon crafting is much worse.

I could never make it past the tutorial dungeon. Kept dying of hunger/dehydration.

You can get unlimited free supplies by the mayor guy until you first place the shop.

Okay, nobody is THIS bad at video games.
I refuse to believe this isn't bait.

MGS is overrated

It's nostalgia.

They are neat games to me but mgs4 is just plain shit. An absolute downgrade from mgs3. I remember hearing that kojima was burnt out on the series and purposely tried making it as shit as possible to spite konami. Maybe thats why the game was so shit and he killed a bunch of characters off. Now the series is finally dead, maybe its for the better.

user, I…

MGS > MGS3 > MGS2 > PW > MGS5 > MGS4

Him intentionally making it shit doesn't make sense considering he continued to work on the series for 7 more years. I'm convinced the entire series was just a string of happy accidents.

you mean problems like getting to the moon and everything breaks your weapons in 2 hits?

Doesn't Sony own the IP and has no interest in continuing it??

Blame MGS3 for bringing in retards

I cannot stand Demons Crest. I hate everything about that game aside from the fact that it has gorgeous graphics, easily some of the best on the SNES. Having to go into a menu to switch forms and spells is tedious as hell and pointless since the L, R, Select and Down buttons aren't used. The game doesn't allow you to crouch but feels like it was built with that function in mind, enemies attack you from above and diagonally all the time which just makes for awkward fights since you can only shoot forward, the bossfights are extremely annoying and feel like they belong in a different game with a faster pace. The open world setup seems pointless aside from showing off Mode 7 effects and completely wasting your time, if you're not going to do anything with it then just give us a quick functional level select.

You know what'd fix that?
NOT USING THE SAME FUCKING WEAPON ALL THE TIME LIKE A FUCKING RETARD

For me it is the "X" series.
A bunch of shitty german developed space sims with incredibly poor voice acting and even worse gameplay.

Why would you bother leveling up more than one weapon?

Congratulations, it's not often we find an actual retard around here instead of people who are just pretending.

I mean, he's not wrong that it's a shit game though.

for me, its the blurry textures and shit framerate that make the game unplayable for me. the game itself is fine, but it ends up making me motion sick. i physically can't play that game.

Yeah I'd rather have a proper Ghost and Ghoblins sequel than it to be honest.

Because the game is literally centered around breaking down weapons and putting them on eachother and multiple characters.
And it punishes you for playing like a boring faggot and not changing weapons by increasing the rate at which they break during combos.
Because
BIG NEWS the game that has a shitload of virtually disposable weapons wants you to use a shitload of weapons
It's something they literally stop and tell you to do at the start of the game.

I didn't realize that this was an unpopular opinions thread, well here's my hot opinion "Drakengard sucks and you can never put story above gameplay when it comes to videoGAMES, it's a mediocre Musou clone with horrible tacked on flying sections, poor voice acting, bad writing and it's too long for its own sake. Also the forced RPG elements ruin it even further"

It also reduces ABS to use the exact same character and weapon all the time for the same reason.

It's quicker to just use gems

I just played it because le funny monkey.

If you account for diminished growth, no. Unless those gems are going to weapons you are breaking down

You his friend?

nigger I was leveling up 4 or 5, and I ran through all of my repair powders trying to get through the first fucking strata

It's actually good with friends. Not in a "good with friends" way but if you have more people that have this game it's pretty good as a party game.

not an argument

There's no mechanic like that. Of course it takes more exp to level up stronger weapons, but that's solved by progressing in the story.

I bet you think Call of Duty is one of the best games ever too. :^)

You're either lying or hitting enemies that are blocking

There is.
It's one of the reasons why speedruns of the game duplicate the shit out of upgrade powder and broken daggers to skip actually progressing weapons.

You people are seriously beyond help. It's objectively a great game even if you personally disagree with "best of all time." Your hipster bullshit of hating everything popular has no bearing on this single example because it's elevated so far beyond typical AAA trash, and existed at a point in time where popularity still meant quality.

When did I say it was a bad game?
user, you seem to have some baggage going on here.

It's objectively a piece of shit if you just go by the technical performance, which is the only aspect that can even be measured objectively.

Yes I'm lying about a shitty game mechanic being so shitty it made me stop playing, all to rile up an angry autist who takes it as a personal insult to hear how the moon sucks no matter what character you use.

Nah dude, you're just retarded. You couldn't figure out how to use the system to its fullest, so you quit and whine about it.

Dude, I'm telling you exactly what you need to do to actually get through the moon without it being a pain in the ass. Seriously.

What's not to like?

And there was a lot more dumb shit, but I haven't played the game in years.

I warned you.

Nigger, just press Z to immediately have the camera face the same way Link is facing. Hold it down to lock on to enemies so the camera never has Link or the enemy off-screen.
Be honest: Did you read the tutorial signs in Kokiri Forest? Because if not your faggot ass is the reason we get forced tutorials that teach players how to fucking jump and look and in first person games. Fuck you. Pic related.

This game is a steaming pile of shit. It's boring as fuck, and playing it literally puts me to sleep. I quit it after the shitty boat level.

Yup, I don't understand the praise either. Took me a while to articulate the more fundamental problem with the game but here it is: The mistake that games like Demon's Crest and Symphony of the Night make when they try to translate linear action levels to an open-world structure is that they never put enough enemies in and/or increase the movement speed. The slow, deliberate speed of the classic Ghosts 'n' Goblins and Castlevania series works for them because there is always frenetic action going on with things trying to kill you and dangerous stages, and more importantly there's only one direction to move in. The problem with Demon's Crest and especially Igarashi's Castlevania games is it takes forever to move between said hazards, and when you have the option between different directions to navigate when you're exploring, it really slows thing down. The pacing is really dull most of the time as a result.

In short: Super Metroid made a fundamental revelation in the genre which the series pioneered and more developers should take note of it. Movement speed is important.

These loathsome pieces of shit right here. Got them free off GOG several years ago before their current owner pulled them and played through them both very extensively just to be sure the "you didn't do X" argument the fanboy apologists love to use would have no effect on me. These games are garbage from every possible point of analysis and I am absolutely convinced that the audience that lapped these up on release could not have been the same audience that had been enjoying PC RPGs previously.

I must be on Holla Forums

I thought it was pretty fun.

Holla Forums gets shitter by the hour. Who fucking knew?

By the minute.

dubs

Final Fantasy VII came out the same year Fallout 1 did, the 90's was basically the transition period from older CRPGs to what we have now.

THE SERIES IS DEAD user, DEAD.

In terms of gameplay
MGS5>MGS3>MGSPW>MGS2>MGS>MGS4
MGS3 had the best story though, there is no denying that.

The rest of the game.

MGS5's gameplay is utter shit, though. Its controls are the best in the series, sure, but that doesn't mean much when the entire game is just
on repeat with the occasional group of bullet sponge zombie "bosses." Which would be somewhat bearable if there was any actual level design, apart from the occasional outpost with a tower or two and a handful of single room tents.

MGS4's gameplay is the best in the series by a country mile, its issue was that there wasn't nearly enough of it.

A literal redditor posting in a literal reddit thread by redditors for redditors to write about how literal redditors post in a literal reddit thread for redditors to write about how they are actually from reddit.

are you also unable to enjoy old cartoons because of the low framerate?
and no im not defending current gen games being locked to 30 fps

THATS ABOUT RIGHT

A scary shooter? Sounds cool.
Oh well, at least we get some creative, disturbing enemy types like Silent Hill or something?
Do we get some kind of unique weapons?
Level design?
AI?
Anything interesting at all?

What a shit game. Only good part is the invisible assassin enemies copied from Half Life but you'll only fight them like 3 times.

The autocannon, particle beam and the Penetrator were cool. I enjoyed the rest of the weapons for how impactful they sounded and how most enemies visibly respond to getting shot, though I guess they're not particularly unique.

I wish underage b& would leave already. Summer ended a long time ago.

Ha, no.

nice b8

Now I'm going to dig up the old original Graal Online client where you could make maps and host your own free LAN servers and see if I can get my friends to play it with me

nice argument nerd

nice argument nerd

It's not my fault that the game requires me to play it

Now are you calling its story shit based on your experience now with games, or from back then?
It didn't have the tank controls many 3d games were using early on in the ps1 era, but this was made to be a launch title and graphically show off the ps2's capabilities.
You'd complain about dynasty warriors 2 & 3's "simplistic" combat.
Were you born in '03 and just discovering the ps2 era?
How is any of that "garbo" ? For the time it was something refreshing for console players that made the dungeon exploration seem fresh and mysterious. The townbuilding added some customizability, albeit you got some item for making it 100% to what the "townspeople" wanted. But afterwards you could take the town for whatever you liked of it.
Who called it a zelda clone?
Are you the kid that falls for having to get the newest and hottest shit when something comes out?
Were you the kid that went through the dungeon with a broken knife and didn't know you could go back to the mayor to keep stocked up for free until you got the shop back?

>Dark Chronicle Dark Cloud 2 fixes every problem the first game had
Granted the fish was something you could waste your time on.

Ni no kuni had potential. Never played any of their shota soccer games.

I thought that was it tying itself to the other game?

I think at the start of chapter 2 I was going anywhere from 5 to 10 floors down a run, unless I thought I could get something good from heading back early. Actually I should start trying to finish that again. I will concede that the combat is relatively simple (at least enemies act in different ways and you get more things to use later on) and the constant dungeon slog leaves something to be desired, but the graphics were not that bad nor was the town building awful in any way.

He could be a game journalist.

I'm not gonna argue that they're not ropey and have hideous collision detection and dangerous sectors tend to re-set its self making your work there pointless BUT a few of them were worth a play when they were released, the lonely, abandoned in space, figure it out yourself niggah attitude of them was pleasing/

All of MGS is a confused hamtacular mess and has never been as good as it's fanbois rabidly froth.

*All* Zelda games are for 10 year olds 25 years ago.

Nintendo dropped the ball hugely on their own games during the GCN, but I like it for all the 3rd party games.

Still if OP was having to CONSTANTLY go back to town that means they were grinding as hard as fucking possible.

The town rebuilding was fucking comfy as shit. I made it to the moon world, or what the fuck ever and accidentally changed the savestate, haven't gone back since
Don't ever remember it being hard though, i was always swimming in damn near everything without grinding

This. Also falling and lives had no consequence. If you fell, you'd almost never die and just had to swim back to shore (which actually took longer than restarting the stage).

It was such a poor Mario game. Don't even dare forget about bullshit like the Yoshi Vents Hotel mission or blue coins.

This game was so emblematic of the Gamecube era Nintendo games.

No, sometimes that fairy bitch will get up in your face and go, "Hey! Listen!" when she thinks that she has something worthwhile to say in some kinda unskippable tutorial scene. Also, you have to hear her say, "Hey!" every time you lock onto an enemy, which can be grating.

Yep, has quite a lot in fact.

Yes, a lot that paled in comparison to its competitors.

Most Zelda games, even BotW tbh

I had fun.

You just can't pay attention apparently.
Ocelot is fighting for the US
Eva is fighting for China
The Boss is fighting to stop WW3
Shit isn't hard to understand when they tell you who everyone is fighting for right at the fucking end if you were paying attention even a little bit.

Did you miss the part where that baitpost said he didn't know how to lock on or use the camera?

Everyone agrees BotW is shit, user.

Def Jam and Timesplitters. Also Hitman 2.

You forgot the part where you get the fuck lasered out of you because you were on a horse and it didn't feel like interuptting the horse music for the "You are about to get Lazered in the dick" music

You mean the first one or the shitty port of Fight for NY that was missing voices, music, missing visual effects, and smallee crowds
You mean your port that came out 6 months late because it removed offensive references to Sikhs, or the ports of Contracts and Blood Mon… oh wait, those didn't happen.

Why are Cube cucks so sad?

user, you dont know what fun is even if it hit you in the face. MGS5 gameplay opened up a ton of strategys and tactics on how to get shit done with a bunch of gadgets and content available there for you to do so. Some of the mission objectives are indeed kill/extract guy or sneak past em, but a huge part of the game is HOW you do it which is the best part. MGS4 on the other hand is a slow as sin point a to point b insanely drab horse shit. I couldnt even finish it since it was so soul crushingly bland and boring. Im so sorry that your taste is so shit.

user MGS3 isnt a game for retards. It was easy to understand by the end because it literally all gets explained.

Niggers, no it isn't. When MGS2 did it, people complained. Oh but MGS3 and its broken survival mechanics and Big Boss as Solid Snake gets a pass, why?

Christ Kojimacucks are fucking dumb.

Sunshine is the only mario game i've been able to get into and I don't get the complaints at all.

Sunshine actually incorporates platforming way better into it's levels then 64 did, as they not only actually feel like real places, but they are actual true sandboxes without super obvious specific pathways you are meant to traverse it's designed around. There's still just as much verticality and platforming on them for most of them proportionally as 64, the exception being Gelato Beach. Also, them being """samey""" is the entire point since it gives it a consistent atmosphere and theme and, again, ties them into it feeling like a real place.

The Fluddless levels were fucking trash precisely because it got rid of all of this. They really aren't even more platforming heavy then the normal stages: They just have a higher skill floor, but the skill ceiling isn't any higher then the main stages, which are still extremely platforming intense for speedruns.

Entire fucking Zelda franchise. I tried to play most of them, and they all are irredeemable trash.
It's beyond me how it got so popular.

Try Link's Awakening.

>voice acting were cheesy but addictive A BOMB
user are you baiting or did we play the same game? Are you sure you did not play Deus Ex 2?

First game had a second moon as well. But then the second game came along and was all like "And that's how the world came to have just one moon" and seemed to be like "well the first game never happened so".

guaranteed replies, but this is again every kid's mistake on first playing. Running first dungeon with a broken knife, poison seems to be a bane because you can't into conservative item management.

The graphics were considered already dated by release.

I don't remember having any problems back then. Even completed the 100 floor post game dungeon.

Nigger what? You can just slap a bunch of resurrection items and auto-repair powders in your quick slots and you're pretty much golden since resurrection items are used just like auto-repair powder in the quickslot when your HP hits zero. You'll practically never die so long as you keep a regular income. The real door stopper is the that bitch under the sea.

This, so much this.
Holla Forums shilled this so much that made me want to try it, but it turns out it's just a mediocre shooter. While lighting and effect wise it's pretty solid, especially for its era, the rest is so fucking generic and dull. What annoyed me the most is fact there are no spooky parts at all save for the occasional cheap jumpscares. Big letdown tbh.

You both might be interested in a mod I made a while ago which dramatically changes the gameplay. Slow motion is nerfed, enemy AI buffed, overall lethality skyrocketed. It's only moderately janky.

dropbox.com/s/ijsnd4jeqr3e61n/Absolute Fear r1.zip?dl=0

Try melee only.