Serious question: What are some games that let the player kill themselves?

Serious question: What are some games that let the player kill themselves?
Excluding

Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

elona.wikia.com/wiki/Tight_rope
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In dayz one of the fcommands like f11 or something lets you commit suicide with certain items. Like shooting yourself in the head, or slitting your throat.

Battlefield series

i think GTA5 had a suicide button, with no ammo your character would pop a pill and die. I saw clips of it but never played it myself

Only in online, but yes.

GTA V. There's literally a suicide option so you can blow your brains out.

The NES game LoLo's Adventure has a suicide button, but not sure that counts since it's a puzzle game, and you have the option to kill yourself and start over if you fuck up.

Yeah my bad I meant to mention it was only in the online aspect.

Oh, forgot this one

Also /kill in every Quake engine game. Apparently high level players actually have a serious use for it, binding it to a key to deny enemy kills and recover from being knocked into bottomless pits quicker.

Explain

You'll want to kill yourself after being forced to ingest propaganda aimed at the destruction of your people

i think he might more accurately be referring to a force respawn option if the player got stuck. and I might be wrong but it was in the series well before battlefield 1 which you're referring to

I'm pretty sure OP means animated suicides though, typing kill into a console then respawning doesn't amount to anything regarding suicide

In Battlefield games you can a) blow yourself up pretty easily and b) select the "Suicide" option in the class menu. Sometimes suicide can be a useful strategic decision to switch to a class that's really needed at some time.

One Mortal Kombat game had hara kiri, denying opponent's fatality

In MGS3 you have a cyanide implant in your teeth that you can use at any time.

Oh and Yoshimitsu.

Doesn't have to have a unique animation, though it does help.

No, faggot. Let me fix that for you:

yeah it was really obnoxious

Postal.

Oh right, then theres the obvious nier:automata where you can suicide from the menu by removing your chip.

Little big planet had a literal suicide button you can hold down at anytime and your sackboi held his breath until he popped. Was in the game because of some puzzles, but you can literally do it at anytime, anywhere.

And by extent, Postal 2.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Did you just assume the character's gender, you misogynistic pig shitlord?

FYI retard, nobody has talked like this unironically since 2015 because it was killed in the same way fedoraposting killed atheism.

lmao

Planescape: Torment. Being immortal and all, suicide has less consequences than in other games.

You faggots posting this garbage image don't even hide the fact that you don't belong here

Guild Wars. You can use life sacrifice to cast some skills and can actually kill yourself with any of them. This is actually a PvP tactic in the Jade Quarry map: due to fast respawn time death isn't a major problem so players will stack a bunch of on-death damage skills, jump into an enemy NPC shrine, and cast some close range damage / life sacrifice skills to "bomb" the enemy as they die.

Favoured by bots due to ease of automation.

@13574480
lmao you mad?

TROLLED XD

That's a good one.

In Y's 1 you are given a cursed ring that you can put on at any time to kill yourself.

Assmad atheist detected.

Keep worshipping Horus/Ra though

Trespasser

In the original 3D release of Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox, the sword Kitetsu would drain your health as you wielded it. You had to use the sword's life drain attacks to stay alive. This was removed in Black onwards.

There was some old NES game where you would kill yourself if you pressed anything but start while paused but I can't remember what game it was.

Dark Souls and Bloodborne have them as the Darksign and Hunter's Mark. Demon Souls has an equivalent as well but I can't recall the name.

it's more death scenes.
why do you hate more things?
why shouldnt they have the option to kill themselves before you perform the same gay ass fatality you performed since 1992 because you only play as sub-zero.

that's not a suicide, that's just being robbed by the game mechanics.

Postal 2.

The Samurai Shodown games, starting from 4, all have a suicide move for each character.

It also gets used a lot in Tribes, to the point where Midair basically just made it a "teleport" with a default keybind that respawns you on the other end. Being out of position hurts more than having to grab weapons again

People also use /kill a lot in DeFRaG, because why do the whole run when you're already behind your best time?

dunno if it counts since it's like a "game over"

what bout a game with the option to self-destruct but instead of death you get divine life granting automaton posterior.

FREED FROM THIS MORTAL COIL

literally

Who said he was speaking unironically?

Murshun made a mod for it in arma 3. Wasn't the video I was looking for but I recall an op where everyone but two people died in some attack, the whole city was in ruins and on fire so the guys left just topped themselves in some industrial estate.

Zork.

Does it really count if not trying to kill yourself ends up killing you?

4K Master Race release soon

In Forest of Blue Skin, there's a button to bring your health to 1 and your pleasure to max, effectively killing you in your next sexual encounter

You can self-destruct for some reason in MechWarrior2 Mercenaries. It's got no point that I'm aware of.

Clearly suicide by /kill needs to be penalized a lot heavier.

Predator?

It's called aliasing you autistic fuck.

No.

Pretty much every text based adventure game has a "die" command. I'm never sure why that caught on, but I like it.

Classic example that perfectly skirts by all of your conditions: Final Fantasy VI
>it seems like a suicide, literally jumping off a cliff, but it isn't
>it seems like it could be the intended finale of the game, it's not
>it seems necessary for plot progression, it isn't

Why?

killing floor with grenades, easy to switch maps quickly

In Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth at the part with the shoggoth my guy looked at it for too long, went nuts and shot himself. When I reloaded I shot off my ammo thinking that would prevent it since it was the only weapon I had, but when I looked at it too much again my dude strangled himself to death with his bare hands. metal af fam

Get a load of this polytheist

A number of older RPGs let you murder your party members so you can make new ones.

There's Imscared. Also I think Suda51 worked on a wrestling game a long time ago where the player character kills himself at the end.

I think there was this horror ps1 game that let you do that, you could get saddled up with this serial killer and in the ending he helped you become the antichrist or something.

Fuck is that real?

HeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHe
the game of life

Funny. I bound 'kill' to my F key in TF2, and I pressed it whenever a pyro set me on fire (or any other lethal situation) and there was no way for me to survive. I'm not giving those fuckers 3 points for killing me.

sorta

This is like the third edgy thread in the last 12 hours

Postal 2 and real life

Oh so the 3rd image is shopped. Ok. It still hurts

No more room in hell added a suicide option as a way to avoid dying from infection and becoming a zombie, and each weapon has different animations, pretty good tbh

I bet you don't watch old gore films either.

>>>/reddit/

Shit is that the cut-out they placed after grape-kun died?

;_;

I'm pretty sure you can kill your self with the elven sword in the first game. Maybe I'm thinking of one of the sequels.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I like my edgy shit. Unironically most of the time. I bought Mortal Kombat 9 and Hatred last week (Hatred's a shit, I was hoping it would be fun twin stick shooter), but this is getting ridiculous and pathetic.

I can't understand Japanese nor do I know about penguins but he wasn't looking too hot 30 seconds in.
He lived a long life and found love not once but twice. Thats not half bad.

This song is stuck in my head when I think of that penguin.

I hope his last moments were peaceful.

If you want to try to figgure that out, try looking into zoo procedures when there is an animal that is terminally ill. More specifically the euthanasia process and if the drugs they use on them would be painful, but considering lethal injections on humans are most likely painful and the paralytic agent might just be there to make them not show it, I'd wager its not a good sign. Who knows though.
I wouldn't know but I can't look it up myself, I got to get some sleep

Goofy game but Battleblock Theater has one. Your character starts shaking and explodes. Actually kinda useful because you respawn at the last checkpoint.

dwarf fortress adventure mode lets you kill yourself
you can target yourself with attacks, so the game lets you bite your own throat, opening a major artery, causing you to bleed to death
you can also stab yourself in the head, or if the game let you put lava in a flask or something, drink it, setting you on fire or worse, or something

Did you ever play IVAN, OP? It's an absurdly difficult roguelike with some really interesting ideas. For example, let's say you got stuck with an intestinal parasite that's draining your nutrition. One way you can kill it is by drinking acid. Of course, that'll kill you if you're not wearing a ring of acid resistance. You can go ahead and do it anyway even if you're not infected but it won't be pretty.

Elona/Elona+. There's at least 2 items you can use to do this, a blade and some rope. The game doesn't tell you what they're for so you can only figure it out by using them. If you get a wish from a well you can also wish for death and the games like "lol if you want" and kills you.

sounds like a shitty low budget version of Paranoid Android mixed with Karma Police.

Even better, in the first game when the portal is still running, the way you create new characters is by walking back to the portal you start the game at and snagging another shmuck who's been exiled.

Morrowind and Oblivion

Meanwhile in Skyrim…
>just bump into a watermelon and it will bump back hard enough to murder you

You into ryona, nigger?

gitgud

The literal purpose of the game is suicide.
Wide array of options too. From simple to more intricate like a bar of soap.

ME2

Postal 1 and 2. In postal 2 you had many ways to kill yourself.

elona.wikia.com/wiki/Tight_rope
You can kill yourself through a variety of methods but this is a dedicated item with no other use, except being sold for pocket change like everything else.
You can die deliberatelly (or otherwise) to cheese out of some sticky debuffs such as sickness or apostasy when you respawn but the stat penalties are very tough.

Last I checked, the cocktail for human execution was
And if no one's lying to me, then that's a completely painless way to go assuming no one totally fucks it up. The very first thing we give people is to knock them out.

Most likely is the refuge of the non-point. If you're already so off the mark here, there's no point left.

you can still score while dead in postal and still win even while dead, pretty cool

Euthanasia is legal and common in my country and the medication they use is safe and well tested.

Thing is that killing someone who is already weak or old and wants to die is a lot easier than executing someone on deathrow. What also helps is an actual doctor who knows what he's doing.

In the US you have a combination of incompetent yahoos and bad drugs. You need to develop these things, practice makes perfect.

Nobody but the person in question should have a say in euthanasia, also, it's a matter for a priest and not a doctor, the latter should only provide the means.

It was definitely ATTEMPTED suicide, no matter what that liar Ted Woolsey says.

Worth mentioning is Prince of Persia 2, in which you could kill yourself at any time by holding down the left and right keys simultaneously. This was normally just a quick way to restart the stage, but it was actually useful in the final boss fight.

Yeah, that wasn't my implication, I was more noting that she survived the player's expectations.

Ah, fair enough. It WAS surprising. I remember thinking at the time "is this the game's ultra-depressing ending?" before the story continued. I was actually shocked to learn much later that it was possible to NOT have the story play out like that, and after getting to that point again and doing the Fish thing RIGHT, was rewarded with… a much less interesting scene.

Still, I'm glad that wasn't the end, just a dramatic low that your heroes could recover from. Square wouldn't ACTUALLY write a game with a depressing anticlimax of an ending in which all your human party members died [spoilers]until FF7.[/spoilers]

Oh, another for the list - several Sierra games let you suicide yourself, whether by intentionally doing something stupid (use tongue icon on electric socket) or, in one or two of the older ones, just typing "kill self".

Plus the original Hero's Quest, where you could kill yourself if you had a lockpick in your inventory and typed "pick nose".

Came here to post this.

wtf I played pop2 for years and didn't know that.

You can eat glass in 7 Days to Die for a quick way out. It's quite surprising btw, since it's the unique non-edible item with the 'eat' command available, your first suicide would probably be out of pure curiosity.

Nexial Binding.

Go back and stay go back