This faggot makes a "hidden gems video"

wew

Other urls found in this thread:

twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq72ra
gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.en.html
seedisystem.com/faq/
aliexpress.com/item/Orange-Pi-Lite-Support-ubuntu-linux-and-android-mini-PC-Beyond-and-Compatible-with-Raspberry/32662738571.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How do we know he isn't the one selling games at a high price by making videos of them to increase their value by exposure? Seems like a pretty good strategy since most e-celebs get their games for free from their "fans" as donations.

Literally fucking who?

MetalJesusRocks, AKA a massive shill who got butthurt when his drunk skank friend tripped over a cable like a drunk skank and the experimental box strapped to his Gamecube bricked his console. Which he then blamed on the experimental device, not the fucking drunk skank.

No one cares about some e-celeb that you follow.

this is like the third thread about this faggot I've seen today

me

Fuck you Mark, since fucking WHEN do Subway edits have to be spoilered?

Literally who?

but don't you want to buy a locked down emulator box that uses some random linux distro+retroarch without libretro's permission that is literally nothing more than a $10 orange pi connected to a $15 cd/dvd drive in a custom enclosure all for the price of $120?

this fucker keeps popping up whenever I want to look for actual hidden gems on any consoles
he is the epitome of a retrogoy

To be fair, libretro is a salty little cuck since he DID release his shit under GPLv2, which allows for retail sale.

They're looking to cash in on a real fuckin' small market if they're after people too dumb to set up their own emulators but apparently savvy enough to find BIOS files.

Didnt this guy try to shill his vids a while back?
No thanks.

Why can't they add freeware replacement BIOS files? C64 has some and i'm sure other consoles do.

its essentially mednafen in a box

they can't because the consoles they cover don't have em/the emulator does not support them and they have no talent to make them on their own

Stop bumping this shitty thread.

Here is some more e-mails from "Bryan Barnes", dated February 20th.

"Libretro team,

I have been working on a personal project based on Lakka. It has developed to the point where I would like to make it available for others. To capture a wide audience I would like to distribute it assembled, with Lakka pre-installed/pre-configured.
Obviously any modification made would be fully open source. Any software would be made completely available for users to install on their own, or make their own DIY unit.
I would like to confirm one main point:
1. Is it acceptable/in the spirit of the Libretro mission to distribute Lakka/Retroarch pre-installed in a “product”, as long as the same software is also available for free, and of course any cores with non-commercial licenses not-included, AND there is no “rebranding” (clearly states that it is running free Lakka/Retroarch software)?

If the answer to this is no, then I have a few follow up questions:
2. Why not? From the mission statement it appears that following the above clauses would be allowed, and I would like to understand for my own benefit and to perhaps help make the terms more clear.

3. What is the recommended approach to shipping a product that utilizes libretro? Use a front end with a commercial-OK license or build your own front end?

4. It is acceptable to ship a product without Retroarch pre-installed, but instead make that part of the customers responsibility (give clear instructions on how to load/install Lakka themselves)?

Thank you,
Bryan Barnes"

We repeatedly told him numerous times that no, Lakka cannot be sold, since it comes with many non-commercial cores. And that even more than this, we don't want him to do this period.

Another e-mail sent February 14:

"Thank you - I wanted a crystal clear answer and got it.

I will not be doing anything that sells your work.

I hope that if Sigma ends up including RetroArch you are able to go after them."

But of course this fraud needs to 'eat', and so months later, he told us pretty much to go fuck ourselves anyway (of course in a typical, slimey Valley 'polite way' of saying it of course -

"Hi Daniel,

A pretty long time has elapsed and I wanted to follow up with you on this topic, and be transparent.

After considering the information long and hard, we decided to move forward with our project.

We are going to use RetroArch as a software component among many other programs, and feel that we have the freedom to do so based on the GPL license. We are not planning to use components which have non-commercial licenses.

We realize that this is against your wishes (that we may profit from your work), but at the same time you can’t have both worlds. The GPL is there for a reason and redistribution with a fee is valid and not something to frown upon - your mission statement even states that the project is “free as in libre”. I'm sorry that you are torn between these two mindsets.

Any and all changes/improvements made by us will follow the license, and if our project is successful we will be happy to contribute to your Patreon campaign.

Please let me know if there are any other guidelines you would like us to follow, or if you would like RetroArch presented/not presented in any certain way.

Respectfully,
Bryan"

This is the kind of trailer trash slime you have to deal with as project lead on a consistent basis. Having some no-name, no-reputation fraudulent entrepreneurs repeatedly throw it in your face how they intend to go against your wishes and do this or that, setting themselves up as the 'head' of some new 'venture'. These guys harrass you in your free time and tell you all the ways they want to exploit your software for personal self-gain. There is no sincerity or morality to be detected in people like this, all they care about is making a quick buck at your expense.

This is a problem the open source community has to start dealing with, seriously. Open source I think is not going to last in a race to the bottom economy with all sorts of seedy 'entrepreneurs' misusing, abusing and manhandling projects that they have not lifted so much as a finger on themselves, and with no organizations really providing any kind of protection to prevent abuse.

twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq72ra

jej

HELLO AND WELCOME TO CUCK SACK

It's like they never even played games before.

Are they paying jewtubers or something? Like how does this get a pass but they shit on every other clone retro console?
So can my fucking computer.

All of Libretro is released under GPLv2 except the Genesis core, which the jews that are reselling orange pi are currently licensing.

gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.en.html

Relevant bit:
1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program's source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the notices that refer to this License and to the absence of any warranty; and give any other recipients of the Program a copy of this License along with the Program.

You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy, and you may at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for a fee.

With free units, yes. Which is hilarious because they refused to send units to people likely to dismantle it and put it under an actual critical lens, like MLiG.

We don't need another one of these threads.

CUCK SACK
U
C
K

S
A
C
K

I'm probably going to find a way to get one of those USB drives for it. I don't trust tray drives with delicate as fuck PSX discs.

Makes sense. Pat probably jumped on it hoping to review it for some views. It must be hard for him knowing that his main scripted videos no one gives a shit about and people just want to watch him and some over-sensitive retard do a podcast instead. Still, I can't understand why anyone would hype something like this up, it's just going to bite them in the ass later when we find out exactly how shit it is.

So burn/rip back-ups of your ps1/whatever discs so your drive only reads them once. Personally I play PS1 games in a modchipped PSone.

Same, modchipped PSOnes are cheap as fuck.

I'm working on getting a chipped PSOne board as soon as Voltarr puts them back up. Dude does some immaculate mod work. Until then I have to settle for my swap disc.

How about some hidden GETs?

It's nice they're not hard to get your hands on, though I really wish someone would make a GDemu style solution where we can easily just load games on from an SD card.

Sounds like a good plan user.

Define "cheap as fuck", because they're averaging $70+ everywhere I look

I bought three of them for what amounts to 50 american dollars.

seedisystem.com/faq/
PS2
Xbox
Gamecube
Sega Dreamcast/GD-ROMs
PSP/UMDs Granted UMDs don't fit in a disc drive
SNES
Sega Saturn
3DO
CD-i
PC-FX
Amiga CD32
Jaguar CD
FM Towns Marty
Pippin

And apparently you weren't joking when you said it was an Orange Pi, it literally is: "Seedi does not use Raspberry Pi – but it does use another great processor board, the Orange Pi! "
For anyone who doesn't know their SBCs, the orange Pi series is a cheap series of Raspi-like boards. They're extremely cheap and most have passable build quality. According to embed related they were originally using an Odroid XU4, which is actually good, but they cheaped out. They're using the Orange Pi Lite, which is $12 from Aliexpress. aliexpress.com/item/Orange-Pi-Lite-Support-ubuntu-linux-and-android-mini-PC-Beyond-and-Compatible-with-Raspberry/32662738571.html
It's a quad core 1.2GHz ARM processor with 512MB RAM. For comparison the Ouya was a quad core 1.7GHz processor with 1GB RAM. And before you ask, the controller is an offbrand Dualshock 3.

In short, Seedi is seedy. It has less features than a Retron 5 and runs off an off-the-shelf computer that costs $12. Get a RasPi, Odroid or anything else and install Lakka, and you get an actually good emulation machine. Or just get a PSP/3DS and mod it.

Is there a video of this?

And since I forgot, get a USED RasPi. The boards are decent but the foundation doesn't deserve your money

Or just use the device you are posting from as it is almost certain to have a stronger hardware than any of those.

i could've swore I bumplocked this

Why don't I just pay $100 and buy an Asus Tinker board that fucking runs laps around any Pi out there?

Does the Tinker Board have the same level of support is probably the main question.

The Tinker Board isn't that good. It's only form of power supply is MicroUSB, which doesn't work properly with the power it requires. It also overheats a lot. If you powered it from a bench supply directly to the GPIO pins and gave it a good heatsink it would work, but that's a lot of effort for a tiny board.
The board looks nice, and the coloured GPIO pins are a great touch, but you're better off with something like an Odroid C2 or XU4.