CRASHING THE HOUSING MARKET EDITION

CRASHING THE HOUSING MARKET EDITION

Try the game for free forever! (Only up to level 35) - ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/

Current Patch: 4.1
Patch Archives - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

Useful resources:
List of Commands (used for macros) - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/win/text_command/
Gamer Escape - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/
Garland Tools Database - garlandtools.org/db/
XIV Database - xivdb.com/
FF logs - fflogs.com/
ACT (but don't tell anyone you're using it) - advancedcombattracker.com/
Guildwork (current not working) - guildwork.com/client
Ariyala (gear build simulator, hunt tracker, relic light tracker) - ffxiv.ariyala.com/HuntTracker/Exodus
Mithrie's crafting guides - youtube.com/watch?v=ma5lzsYTA3I&index=4&list=PLbE_CU9Jt_uc0MAfIOY8JqtN5PyPO83Q5

1. If you're brand new, do Hall of the Novice. It's stupid and only teaches you common sense stuff, but you get a 30% exp boosting ring and free level 15 gear.
2. Do all of your Main Story Quests - REQUIRED TO GET TO HEAVENSWARD AREAS/JOBS, AND HEAVENSWARD STORY IS REQUIRED FOR STORMBLOOD though Stormblood jobs do not require story, just level 50
3. Do all of your class quests and get yourself a job - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Jobs
4. Attune to Chocobo Porters, Aetherytes & Aether currents ASAP - it will save you a lot of time & effort
5. Unlock your challenge log, gives great exp and some gil - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Rising_to_the_Challenge
6. Do your daily roulettes - all of them are great until 70, except guildhests, which is great until around 40-50
6. Level crafting & gathering - free dosh (Cooking has an amazing crossclass skill at 37 you need to get.)
8. Hit Tab to [I seem to have misplaced my keyboard]

Join an FC (Free Company), they give bonuses as long as the people in charge aren't retards
You cannot join an FC if you are currently on a free trial account
Shitpost about cats, GCD, ACT, and how shitty Balmung and Gilgamesh are.
Data Center: Primal
Server: Exodus
Neo Wheels Order : An FC with players coming back for the expansion. Some newbies, many veterans, shitposting and complaining about baddies all around. Contact Aloise Nel'hah, Cydrin Lanbatal, or Shiaia Reingot for an invite. Applications are open as well, so if none are online just leave an application and you'll get in as soon as possible.
SMUG: I don't know about this FC, add it to next OP if you know

There is also a linkshell for all 8ch players on Exodus to congregate, so that people can communicate regardless of what FC they're in or if they're running the free trial. Contact Lyfon Yharnam, Quickscope Easybake, Aloise Nel'hah, Mhih Wilzuu, Cydrin Lanbatal, Aurora Soulwood, or Shiaia Reingot for an invite.

The Lalafell is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, swindler, profiteer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a potato and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/greatvaluespringwater/
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/aee832c2c57456a26f36531c78380e74202d0d75
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So the main reason I made this thread is to asked about Dark Mind, it said to increase defense against magic attack, but what constitute a magic attack? Does all non-physical tank buster fall under this category like Akh Morn, Evil Sphere, etc. It such a waste of CD if I can't properly use it, its 30% increase in defense.

Haven't played since Heavensward. Is Stormblood good? Is the endgame still grinding weekly capped Tomestones?

The formula hasn't change, only the story. Though the new 24 man raid is pretty enjoyable.

literally any damage that is magical how is that so hard to understand

I'd say it got worse from SB, a ton of skills got removed so leveling became worse for a majority of classes, the balance as usual is fucked between classes, and the 24 man is as bad as the other 24 mans

What type of attack is magical dipshit? what are the criteria? how do you determined it? in A4S the missile tankbuster is considered as magical, how the hell is that can be magical?

Is the Ivalice raid fun at least? Did that hyperautist that shat up an entire thread 2 months ago claiming it was going to be nothing but nostalgia-jerking and product placement get proven right or BTFO?

He was right, it's pretty shitty but that was a given because it was a 24 man

balance isn't bad. only real loser is drk, all other jobs are either good or have a niche.

you can test yourself, guess by the ability's flavor, ask other tanks, or use act.

it's not bad. as someone who hated 24 mans with a passion, this one is pretty decent but im bis so the gear is only for my alts.

Why do so many autists play this game?

But is it full of nostalgia pandering and product placement?

It's pretty ok. They're trying to sell the FF12 remake if anything because all the bosses save for the last one are from 12. Hashmar makes that entire raid, and Drift King is fucking rad.

tons of nostalgia pandering and it's pretty obviously trying to sell you on the remakes

Easiest way is to check in ACT, the game does a really poor job of communicating magical/physical. In hw you could use sheltron to test (wouldn't be removed by magical.

Why on Earth did they release a terrible looking fur suit for the upcoming Halloween event? Viera when and is the spooky manor returning or is it going to be another fate farm?

It's been that way since arr and it's only going to get worse as time goes on.

with no survivors.

If you want fun dungeons and fights, SB has you covered. But if you're expecting a story on the same level as HW, you'll be sorely disappointed. 4.1's content shows improvement, but still not at that level yet. As for gameplay, its a new type of tomestones now that gets capped and whether or not you'll have a good time depends on what job you picked.

HW story probably the worse part of the expac. The problem was that they are trying to tell 2 completely different arc and lost its focus. The latest story patch ended with Ul'dah coup, that has nothing to do with the story in Ishgard. All that setup for HW expac doesn't make any sense and worse, they pull "it was just a prank bro!" even though that prank cost Raubahn his arm, the Scion completely demolished and everybody is just cool with it. So because HW was suppose to be about Ishgard and the Dragon's war, they just ended the Uldah arc abruptly and called it day. Literally right after you save Raubahn, Lolorito came and explain everything is cool.

Shin EX is going to make me quit this fucking game. Jesus Christ the player base has gotten worse.

Name 2 fun fights aside from the last story primal.

why bother with shinryu when you've got a genji wep

Susano EX and that duty in the Azim Steppe.

Susano EX and that duty in the Azim Steppe.

Considering I don't have a static that's not going to happen. And Genji seems to mean shit because half the fucks I see with that in Shin EX die to tidal wave.

The story one? That was drawn way the fuck out.

plenty of people have pugged all of deltascape. I got my 1-3 clears in pugs and more of my friends got their 4 clear in pugs than statics.

They clearly don't have my luck with pugs then. But I guess because other people have done it then it must be easy, right?

this is the first and only tier that i've cleared the when it was current so yeah it's pretty easy

Tell that to the Leviathan server then. I can't get past O3S.

leviathan is on aether datacenter right? that's the same pool of people my server is connected to

no
yes, and it will never change

name some examples, my dude

Jesus christ Shinrex is ridiculous

It reminds me a lot of how Thordan was when it 1st came out, really enjoying it so far.
hopefully I'll get my mount before Endless coil comes out.

because its an old mmo and only autists stick with something after it stops being popular

thread is boring

post your cats

where are the bunny girls?

Can someone enjoy this game if they know absolutely nothing about the final fantasy universe and have never played any final fantasy games?

I'm that way and I'm enjoying it. If you're the type to skip cutscenes, I wouldn't recommend it - the game's main selling point pre-endgame is story and honestly it's the only thing that keeps you playing in the earlier levels.

not really, the entire last expansion pack and all of the primals are basically just REMEMBER THIS GUY FROM FINAL FANTASY? NOW YOU CAN FIGHT THEM IN AN MMO

nah, it's on Primal. i'm on it as well and i've cleared O3s with pugs, and i know a few people who've cleared 04s with pugs too

Inside of boners and hearts, mostly our dicks though.

the only outright previous "primals" were Bismarck and Knights of the Round; both of which were imagined and executed pretty damn well, so you don't need to have any prior FF experience to enjoy it.

the rest of the stuff is either completely new (Ravana, Nidhogg) or only tangentially related, i.e. via names and certain characteristics (warring triad, Alex).

No I meant last as in the last expac. so SB.

oh.

that's still confusing though, because susano is completely new, and while Lakshmi has been around since at least FF6, she hasn't ever come up before, and didn't appear in any other FF's after 6.

now, the dungeons have a decent number of nods, with Castrum Abania basically being an homage to the Magitek Factory from 6, while Omega has been all about FF5 bosses and the new Ivalice raid is a love letter to FFT/FF12. but i don't think it's fair to say that this is "all" of them. shinryu might not be "new" but it's never been done in primal form to my knowledge, and most of the other dungeons have consisted of enemies unique to FF14.

but really, after two full 8-man dungeons with 90% original enemies (BCoB and Alex) i think the dev team made a good choice by going for a throwback raid in Omega. plus it opens up all sorts of other goodies, like taking on shit from 4 or 8 or what not. id fucking love to take on Yunalesca.

It's a hopelessly large amount though. It's obscene how many nostalgia grabs are in SB.
Also you forgot castle's final boss being yojimbo.

I'm fine with them every now and then but literally all endgame content right now is just nostalgia grabbing and someone who knows nothing about final fantasy in general won't get who anyone is or why people gush about it

maybe. i mean, i see your point. i just know a lot of people who play the game and enjoy it and dont give a fuck about the nostalgia behind it. i see it more as a side bonus for long-time fans than anything else.

having said that, i'd like more originality to balance things out in the long run. a nostalgia trip is nice, but one of the things i liked about Ravana was how out there he was; a flame/earth primal that was built from the ground up and who came out of nowhere to fuck your shit. that was cool. if they can bring something like that (like they did with susano) later on in the xpac, then that would balance it out nicely.

i played nearly 0 FF before this game and am enjoying it

So what's the proper way to play DRK at 70? Just make sure to have DA up for every Bloodspiller and don't cap on MP/Blood gauge? Is it ever appropriate to use Dark Passenger?

bitch at your local ninja friend to shadewalker you so you never have to power slash combo ever again and dark arts everything

As a tank, I detest dps that don't use threat management skills. It wouldn't lower their dps in the slightest and it lets me stay in Sword Oath/Deliverance/not Grit for more total damage.

a ninja not using shadewalker might as well just reroll something else. threat manipulation is just as big of a part of their kit as trick attack imo. it lets my static's tanks never touch tank stance and only bother with aggro combos for snap aggro on adds that will one shot people or the party if not immediately taken (white flame, dragon in 3s)

ninja is just broken op imo. they could cut trick attack in half and ninja would still be a must have for a party.

No post potatoes.

the k-pop rejects are more tolerable than the average potato faggot.

MASH THE POTATOES, RACE WAR NOW

That type of coordination only possible with a static, don't expect other peoples to follow your playstyle. When playing with randoms, you on you're own

DRK is a perfect tank for large pull, you have plenty of aggro generating AoE at your disposal and yes, DA+Dark Passenger is a way to mitigate damage as it give blind status for 15 second which give healer time to heal you.

However, you need to be smart with your MP management, running out of MP can be catastrophic.

you don't need to coordinate with anyone for a ninja to understand that they need to shadewalker the tank that's pulling in tank stance. it's more on the healers and other tank to remember to provoke+shirk you for enmity infusions

Honestly, I use Quietus on the regular in big dick AOE pulls. I tend to get two DA+AD from natural Blood Price regen, but BP (with Delirium) and Salted Earth tend to flood me with Blood gauge. Honestly, DRK is probably my favorite tank at max level, even if their rotation is really, really boring. Speaking of max level, what materia do I put in my gear for DRK? Crit+det?

dh

Are you memeing me? I thought that was a dps-only stat. Like how piety and tenacity are healer and tank only, respectively.

I'm sure I am missing a bunch of dps by doing this but I grew up in an age where tanks were meat shields first and dps second.

All I got is a giraffe.

whoopee fuckin' do for you.

some peoples said full direct hit increase 3% dps, full tenacity give 5% defense increase. So its up to you, do you prefer that 3% or 5%

When playing with randoms, its better to be safe than sorry. The only reason to tank with dps stance is because of muh deeps, which can be a problem if your whole party have that mentality. For examples healers that prioritize damage over healing doesn't like it when you tank with dps stance because take more damage than usual. Same with DPS, threat management is considered as a hassle and they rather focus on their rotations to maximize damage. More often than not, When tank lose aggro, peoples gonna blame the tank.

100% in Grit if you can, unless you want to beef your healing via SE a bit (which isn't much, but can help get you over some key damage humps sometimes. outside of grit, it's more conditional. you want to make sure you always DA CnS, but any other use of DA (except on Quietus) is either defensive/aggro in nature (Dark Mind, Power Slash) or adds a flat 140 potency to the attack (everything else except Quietus and Grit+BS).

the issue comes in efficiency. a bunch of people with more time on their hands than the rest of us have mathed out a blood-to-mp conversion ratio, and the general consensus is that using TBN for anything but absorbing damage as a tank (or saving someone's life as a DPS) is a net loss compared to using that same MP for DA under most longer-term circumstances anyway. shorter term dps things, like during an add burn or something, tilts things slightly in favor of using TBN as a blood generator. so most of the time, you want to be DAing any single target skills making sure CnS is always DA'd while ensuring you don't cap on MP or blood. you use Delirium as needed to extend either BW or BP, but then after that all blood goes to BS. you will avoid DP on single targets because it has the same cost as DA but only gives 100 potency (vs. the 140 for DA) when used on a single target.

if you find yourself against more than one target however, DP is always a DPS gain, with DA+DP being an amazing pure gain of 240 potency multiplied by the number of targets hit if memory serves, i believe this makes DA+DP the third highest aoe attack in game, behind Decimate and Foul but without the opportunity cost of either. it has no potency fall off for multiple targets as well, unlike many other spells and skills

in general, you want to try to sit around 40-60% MP so you have enough to TBN if needed, but aren't so close to the cap that using BW+Delirium will result in wasted mana.

or really tanks in general. max tenacity for max tankiness, but it requires so much that right now it's really only viable if you're pushing bleeding edge shit which we don't really have much of anymore. otherwise focus on direct hit and crit, with either skill speed (personal preference) or det if you can't get at least 30 out of a DH or crit materia.

right now is right; tenacity is only, at best, a 5% decrease in damage (and a 2.5% increase in damage dealt). in terms of raw damage, dh+crit will get better results. but tenacity has it's place when pushing new content.

do your damndest to find a party on Tuesday or Wednesday or Sunday. the early puggers will be finishing their runs by the first or second day after reset. the "i have a life but also don't suck at the game" types will typically be doing it on Sunday. you may need to sacrifice a chest however.

that's actually a cute potato
i'll mash you last

I just fucking love it when some asshat finds a new market, or finds out that something is sold by a vendor that sells well. Without fail they tell or scream it in Novice Network.

Check back in an hour and the market went from it selling for 30k to 3k while the item from the vendor is 9k.

normalfags need to burn.

Ok, so I downloaded the free demo a few months ago because people where saying this was one of the best JRPG's/FF games in a while and I hopped on the hype. As someone who only played FFIV for the PSP and who has never really delved into MMO's, how do I enjoy this game. I started playing as a mage and got a few other classes as I progressed, the story is ok, the gameplay isn't so bad, but I've been putting it off because it keeps boring me. So far my experience has been completely solo because no one talks or I have been missing the chat function completely for some reason, most of the missions are fetch quests or "go here and kill this", and I have no idea whats going on. People that actually talk about the gameplay talk almost gibberish about stuff I don't understand and the other's post pictures of their virtual waifus, all the guides I've read don't really help and I'm thinking of dropping if I keep playing like this. I'm not willing to play X amount of hours to get to level 70 or whatever if the rest of the game is like this.

Help

Alright fellow adventurer, listen up, cause i'm about to drop some hot tips from a seasoned veteran who's on their 8th level 70 job. First and foremost, you need to understand a little bit of history. The writing for the main quest has changed hands a few times, but in particular, the old writer was fired some time ago because his writing for the low level quests is garrrbaaageeee. The writing changes hands after the level 35 quest, "All good things". From here, it does start to get better, but you don't really get let loose until level 50, where the original endgame is. My advice? If you can stick out the pain, level 50 is home to the best questline in the game. Pic related. Find Wymond in Ul'dah, you won't regret it.

Alternatively, if you don't feel like sticking out the pain and anguish, you're welcome to shill out a small hunk of change from your pocket to get your golden ticket either past the leveling grind or past the story to Heavensward, when things actually get good. The only downside to skipping the story is you miss out on a lot of stuff that gets brought up later, like auracite, Minfillia and the scions getting their shit kicked in, the feeling of gradually figuring out and preparing to take on impossible eikons, earning your reputation as a literal god-slayer, etc etc. But let's say you're poor, or you think this is in poor form. I understand! Really, I do. I didn't do the level skip. My advice is to find a friend. Or, find a company that you can find friends with. It all depends on what class you level, but dungeon grinds as a healer and tank aren't that bad. If you're a DPS, I sure hope you know a healslut or a chivalrous fucking tank willing to drag your baby ass through the 45 minute queues.

Try to understand that a lot of this game is, unfortunately, going to be you on your lonesome. The story treats you as a singular warrior of light, and the coop really comes in the form of dungeons, daily roulettes, trials, raids, and treasure hunting. Treasure hunting's fun, user. Should give it a try sometime. Anyway, if you have a friend to hang out with you and do stuff with, your journey's going to be a lot less tedious. It's also going to be gradually more enjoyable past titan, and you might even find yourself invested in the story like I have. For me, what keeps me going is just the thought of getting stronger, meeting new people and hanging out with friends, and all the various side attractions that can make the going less tedious, such as beast tribes, your Grand Company, job quests, the gold saucer, gathering / crafting, and, yes. There are ERP brothels if you know where to look. Surprisingly, it's a good place to meet chill folks.

If you're on the primal data center, tell me your character name and I can add you to do cross-world dungeons with! Or if you have a discord or steam, that works too, or whatever. The best way to play this game is by having friends and a focused goal, be it being strong or being immersed in the task of saving the world like the valiant warrior of light you're going to be. It's a good MMO, but the slow burn up to when it starts getting good scorches people and turns them off so quickly, it's never given a proper chance.

a consequence of being free trial. i dont think you can talk to anyone outside of /say or /party in dungeons

yeah, sadly it's tuned for 50+ in the sense that level 50 is when most classes begin to feel "complete." some, like samurai, don't get really fun til 60+, while others like summoner don't get their entire kit until level 70. classes like dark knight and white mage are pretty solid starting at 50, with new stuff adding additional layers of complexity that don't so much as redefine the class as it does refine it. red mage is also similar in this way, as the core rotation is in place as early as level 50, with only minor (but impactful) changes as you level up. in other words, you don't have to relearn the class all over at level 70.

it also means the class gets "fun" a lot sooner, but obviously the game is tuned around classes having their entire kit at 70, so anything prior to that is going to feel kinda bare bones. doubly so if you're a tank class, since marauder and gladiator kinda got gutted in the early game in favor of late game complexity.

part of why it seems to "drag on" is because of the history of the game; they had to drag it out of it's failed 1.0 state while also believably bridging the gap between 1.0 and 2.0. so much of what happens in the 2.0 portion (i.e. the leveling portion sub-50) is addressing that. the honest truth is, it'll be like this until you get into the 3.0 stuff unless you opt to buy quest-skip potion.

it does get better, from a storyline perspective, but you probably won't enjoy it if you're not invested in the characters as much. likewise, part of that investment comes from doing "side" stuff, which if you're trying to get into and explore the newer 3.0 and 4.0 parts of the game, you probably don't want to traipse around as a letter carrier for the moogles. so it can be hard to get invested enough to care, especially when so much of the earlier game is "go here, get this, bring this back, kill these things, repeat."

so either buy the game and tough it out, since having people to play with makes the game loads more enjoyable, or else maybe ff14 isn't for you. i wouldn't recommend the jump potion option, but if you want to get into the more recent meat of the game it's a possibility. you'll probably want to get the level-jump potion too, but if you're nearing level 30+ on your free trial then i'd say it's not worth it to get anything but the story skip.

it's not like that, to a degree. there will always be fetch and kill quests, but they manage to do them in a way that, for the most part, isn't overly tedious. many of the more mundane quests are sidequest options, and so can be skipped. you can save em for later to level another job, or explore them now because they often provide insight into the worlds of the local area. there's a few "chain" series of sidequests in a 4.0 zone called Yanxia, where you help out a local, who's older brother was once the protector of the village, find his role as a member of said village. it takes you all over the zone and ultimately serves as the intersecting point of another two chains of quests, and provides a nice "wrap-up" to events in the zone. it's a good capstone for what you do, it sometimes involves fetch and kill quests, and it's still pretty well done in terms of fun factor and world-building.

keep in mind that while 2.0 was a huge step forward from 1.0, it's very dated compared to 3.0 and 4.0. SE has learned a lot about making a fun engaging game and unfortunately it's not possible for them to go back and re-redesign the 2.0 stuff to account for that.

tl;dr it's kinda shit now but does get much better later on. but you'll be wading through shit until the 50's at least.

I wish I could use that outfit's look on non-weaver classes. It's such a nice looking coat.

Oops empty message there. I totally feel you with that weaver outfit. It is very luxurious.

I also enjoyed a lot of HW outfits for casters.

thanks, my steam is steamcommunity.com/id/greatvaluespringwater/ and my discord is foshizal101 if I'm ever online.

Alright, so I got CUL to 37 for Steady Hand II, do I just go back and force everything up to 50 now?

You really just want to keep all the jobs relatively close in level because too many recipes rely on expensive mats crafted from other jobs.

If you serious about being a crafter, you want to level all you crafting job AND gathering at the same time, you gonna save so much gil in the long run by crafting and gathering your own materials instead of buying it off market board.

is it just me, or Shinryu fight is actually easier than it looks. If anything, the most complicated part of the fight is the first phase where he hit you with an attack one after the other and you have to act quickly to dodge it not to mention the healer check, most peoples that failed is because healer suck at healing. 2nd and 3rd phase are pretty straight forward. I say this because I joined a clear party with 7/8 static and cleared it even though I never reach 3rd phase before in my practice run. The only thing that caught me off guard is the tank switch but we quickly recover from that.Other than that, I just follow what everybody else is doing, when they stack, I stack, when they spread, I spread. O3S is harder than this

Is this game dead?

I've already got BTN and MIN to 70, did that long before deciding to work on crafters. Should I go ahead and get FSH to 70 as well before getting back to crafters?

You should but its fairly optional because 90% of the materials gathered by FSH are for CUL. BTN and MIN are a must. I only have my FSH at 60 and have no plan to leveling it anytime soon, I hate RNG based gathering

A few days ago I got my fishing to 70 just because. Especially now that the turtle men you can buy the fish needed for yellow scrip food, it really doesn't seem that useful.

Right now I'm just farming red and yellow scrips to get folklore and yellow scrip gear for botany.

check'd

what's wrong user? you don't want to gear yourself out to the nines in order to have a chance to get a fish so you can mooch it to have a chance to get another fish that you can then mooch to have a chance of a chance to get the actual HQ fish you want?

This is so accurate, I remember back in 1.0 BTN and MIN also have RNG and peoples complaint about it a lot. Now they change it to time based which is less annoying than RNG. FSH however is so fucking ridiculous, not only you need the to fish at the right time, you also have to wait for the right weather, the right bait, and pray RNG are on your side. You have to be a super autismo to do FSH seriously.

yeah, i remember talking to a friend of mine who played FF11 with me back in the day. we remarked to each other that it seemed like the team that was in charge of FF11 crafting was given the job of FSH in FF14. you have almost all of the nitpicky shit from 11, save for "facing the right direction while you synth." but even that's been replaced with ridiculous mooch RNG.

i mean, it's nice that there's a niche thing in game that people with the 'tism can use and enjoy. and it's 100% uninvolved with actually playing anything else (besides CUL, but even then it's not required) so choosing to *not* play it doesn't curtail your ability to play the rest of the game. but by god it is just the most autistic pursuit this game has to offer. i have several friends who have level 70 FSH, and only one of them has actually done the quests for FSH past 50. the rest have made 70 FSH by a combination of GC turn-in's and leves, with at least one of them doing almost no actual fishing. he just bought fish off the MB or at vendors and then GC'd his way up. i don't think he's 70 just yet, but he's getting close.

The major failing with FSH and a genuine issue in the rest of the game as well is that the game gives you zero information about what does what. If empty slots in the fishing guide gave you some indication as to where and how you could find the fish, or bait actually used meaningful descriptions as to how they function, it'd be less absurd. Vague bullshit just forces players to alt-tab out and read guides for everything.

fucking kill me

there is a reason I haven't even bothered with the new event.
At least they didn't reuse old FF music again. :^)

Are progression statics a thing? As in keeping yourself at level 60 with level 60 gear and raid coil for example.

I dont believe so.

try looking on your server for "min ilvl" LS's to join. there's a small but dedicated group of people who will run old content sync'd to the level cap for that content when it came out, and often sync'd to the minimum ilvl as well, for maximum challenge.

I signed back up to the game only because of some of the events, and I noticed that the Warrior class got some major retooling done. While I do miss bloodbath, it looks like WAR's skills are more abusable now. What were the changes exactly? Because I haven't played in so long, and my memory of marauder/warrior is murky. It's my first major class I leveled up since I didn't want to go for DPS or paladin.

They added lifesteal to Steel Cyclone, then buffed it further. They also replaced Shake it Off's effect with a party-wide 15 second health shield. It's 8% at its base, but can consume the WAR's active mitigation to increase that by 4% per buff, up to a total of 24% health for each player.
For the main tank, that amounts to burning a cooldown and Inner Beast with 1-2 seconds left in exchange for giving the entire party an extra 16% health. For the off tank, it means you can pull some cheesy shit if you know in advance that you won't be needing those cooldowns.
Finally, though this is an older change compared to the above, they removed the gauge cost from Inner Release and Unchained. Nobody actually uses the latter because it's cooldown is still shared with Inner Release, but the Inner Release change is a big boost to WAR's Berserk windows.

HOW DO YOU GET THIS FAR AND NOT KNOW HOW TO PLAY HEALER.

HEALING AND TANKING IS 4 FAGS. REAL PLAYERS FOCUS ON DEE PEE ESS!
I wish min max faggots would be shot. This is how it always fucking ends no matter which MMO I play now. Fuck this new generation of MMO players.

tanking and healing are pathetically easy so the only thing left to optimize is dps. if you're in tank stance on bosses as a tank or not dpsing as a healer, off yourself

If it's so easy then why do most people fail at it when they try to wave their dick around and focus on dpsing?

are you fucking retarded? where do you get that nips don't care about min maxing? japs have a different mindset than NA when it comes to raiding, but attitude towards min maxing isn't part of it.
most people don't fail. the ones that do are the ones you notice. shitter healers that only heal are fucking worthless because I can guarantee that they don't even know how to do that well.
post your logs fag

>implying my personal logs matter in this considering we are talking about the western playerbase in general.

How come a lot of people fall for the TOP METER NA/EU MUH DEEPS meme.

neither of those things would cause a decent party to fall apart. dps gets second on hate? no problem; just have em move so it doesn't hit the party or use an enmity dump or ask the tanks to make proper use of shirk+provoke
you can solo tank lakshmi because of how weak the second-on-enmity cleave hits
for susano, you can eat a couple of the aoes before the healers start struggling but if a job has a gap closer there's not really an excuse to keep on the same side. pretty sure the people that do just aren't paying attention like me

Because of inflated ego on a game where nerfing bosses is the name of the game. See as a prime example! The fact that he says that Lak's cleave is weak tells me that he was farming it after everyone was overgeared for the fight.

once you've cleared everything, there's nothing else to do aside from striving to play better and better. fflogs gives this game a much needed higher goal than just clearing the babby tier content we've been getting recently.

I was 314 the week the expansion launched, so no. there were plenty "oops lol" moments but even then in ilvl 300, you could manage it with an adlo or god forbid the ever present pld covers or interventions

DPS is by far the hardest role to play. Healers play whack-a-mole, which I won't pretend is the easiest, but in a good group, where everyone knows how to avoid as much damage as possible, it's not at all hard. I've played at the upper level of play in several MMOs, and I can safely say that good groups make healing a dream. You think healing is hard because you DF everything and get lumped with retards who stand in bullshit. Tanking is especially braindead these days, which is depressing since it's something I enjoy. Devs claim that there's a dearth of tanks because no one wants the 'responsibility' of 'leading the group' which is the gayest thing ever and confirms that most MMO players are low-T fuccbois.

I will agree with you about the low-T phenomenon though, in fact seeing the world as it is really puts it into prospective. I don't mind though, clusters from being the alpha tank funded my shirogane mansion. :^)

Which is why I like tanking and healing in this game. Since it's easy, you are required to do dps while tanking and healing. It's not like WoW where for most part everyone just does their own class's role and that it.

The hardest part of being a DPS is outputting the most damage which you have to be a fucking retard to failed that as a dps. Tank on top of knowing how to play the class, need to know the mechanic of the game, time you CD for tankbuster and try your best to not die. If DPS dies, it doesn't affect much of the fight expect for damage loss, if tank dies its pretty much a confirmed wipe

pretty much this. a decent healer will have the encounter mapped out for when they need to use cds for healing like asylum, assize, bene, tetra and use the remaining time to dps.

Hey, I'm pretty new. What is the difference between the Grand Companies? Which is most NatSoc?

There is no real difference between them apart from how close it's to the teleporters and glamour gear later.

What is your favorite minion?

I'm glad I can finally use this after medal grinding

They are the same expect for the glamour gear they offer you. That said in terms of looks the gear goes Limsa > Ul'dah > windurst Gradania.
Limsa > hippy tree folks > ul'dah land of the jew in that order.

top kek. fucking hated every single god damned rogue in wow. second most entitled little shits there ever were right behind mages

look, optimizing dps when you're a dps class isn't easy per se, and in fact can be pretty damn tough for some classes (MCH for example) but that doesn't mean tanking (or healing) are easy by any means. think of dps as more of a "wind sprint" type of play, while healers and tanks are more of a "marathon" type of play. a dps needs to know when and how to manage cooldowns in relation to the rest of the raid in order to get the maximum damage out. every dps class has hills and valleys in their damage. periods of time where they spike very high and periods of time where they are dealing comparatively lower damage. some dps clsses, i.e. MNK or NIN, have much more even dps compared to other dps classes, but certain cooldowns still exist that will spike their dps followed by a leveling off.

aside from those spikes and valleys, it's pretty much muscle memory. positioning matters only for personal dps or raid-wide mechanics that force you to move to a certain place, but aside from those you can be anywhere you want to be as long as you can still damage the boss.

tanks and healers on the other hand, they have a relatively long, slow slog throughout the fight. but if they fuck up just once, chances are the entire thing goes to shit. since most fights tend to be scripted (save a few random twitches like spellblades in Os3) it's not hard to anticipate what to do next as long as you have experience in the fight. of course, getting that experience necessitates multiple wipes, since the best tutorial can never teach you all the intricacies of a fight, but once that experience has been won it too becomes muscle memory.

but you can't fuck up. ever. because if you do, everything goes to shit. a single lapse of concentration at the right moment could destroy minutes of work. a perfect run could be ended immediately as the boss goes from healer to healer to dps to dps and then own down the line, simply because the MT died right after the OT hit voke+shirk.

a single dps death? sucks, but recoverable. a single tank death? likely a wipe unless the OT is on the ball (again, necessitating that the OT pay as much attention to the fight as the MT does, no slacking off). healer die? again, sucks, but probably recoverable, especially if dps support skills to give mana back are up. but if it happens at the wrong time, like dimensional wave spam + adds in Os3, then that's likely a wipe.

so no, tanking/healing aren't easy. they're very high pressure, because if you fuck up even once you could take all the work everyone just did for the past 5+ minutes and throw it down the drain. this rarely happens if a dps fucks up. any dps who thinks that tanking or healing is easy doesn't understand how much pressure is constantly bearing down on the tanks and healers.

personally, in every raid i've done with my friends, the dps are the ones calling major mechanics out with the exception of tank busters/swaps due to simply having more concentration available to multi-task. when i'm on my SAM or my DRG, it becomes much easier for me to think about the raid and the mechanics happening next. when i'm tanking, i have far too many things on my mind to worry about wtf other people are doing.

ocean man of course

The modern MMO player was a mistake.

Tora-Jiro is the best.

tanking and healing is just as hard as dpsing because you're just as much of a dps job as the dps only jobs, but you also have other responsibilities as well.
you still have dps optimization, but also staying alive and keeping others alive. although, tank and healer dps rotations are usually easier to compensate

PEOPLE OF ULTROS
how is the Neogaf FC handling this news?

That is a sad looking cat.

Man, squadron mission sound like a good idea at the time but when I actually did it, its really lame as fuck. Wish they let me play deep dungeon with my squadron because it really perfect for braindead bot plus you can farm weapons and mounts.

Hey, I'm a level 27 archer and I want to level up quickly. I know that 60+ goes really quick (a fucking level per day, jesus), and I was wondering if there were any similarly quick ways of leveling. I've been doing the one roulette I have available to me, and people tell me that POTD is the best, but I wanted to get a second opinion.

POTD is fastest for DPS because no long queue but dont expect to be a better player. It's a very mind numbing dungeon run that could go on for hours and you just spamming 3 skills at your disposal. a plus side for running POTD is you could get rare item and mount. To be good player, do the dungeon run so you can get the feel of the mechanic of the game

Is there a better feeling?

than playing as a tank/healer?

letting your sub lapse

Agreed, but Square probably doesn't know how to code AI to use 60 levels worth of skills and spells. This is the same Square that stopped skill speed from making your auto-attacks faster and made it so that determination scales differently depending on what kind of damage you're doing. Oh, and they have no idea how to make spell speed affect damage over time, so it just acts like a % modifier instead.

potd is fastest until 60. at your level it's like 2-3 runs per level

I don't associate with those people so I wouldn't know.

Command Missions are actually faster than Palace of the Dead once you learn how to break them.
Specifically, when you press the Engage button, all three squad NPCs will have their cooldowns and swing timer reset. For most classes this is a pretty decent DPS increase, but squad Archers have Barrage. One Archer alone will melt mobs over the course of a few seconds, and if you go in as a Tank or Healer you can have two squad Archers.
It's probably a glitch and will probably get fixed soon, but until then sub-10 minute runs through Stone Vigil give more EXP than Palace of the Dead up to around level 55 or so.

Yes.

I just picked this game up, playing with some friends because they didn't have any other MMO's. It's fun, and I like the classes. I am looking forward to doing the crafting, that seems like it will be really neato.

One of our people got a fancy guild hall. It's nice having a place to stay. Are there any Pro-MLG strats from my Fellow Gamers™ on how to maximize my fun in the game? I only just now to level 32 on a paladin and am really enjoying the Sword and Board stuff.

as a tank, the funnest shit is doing suicide pulls and barely squeaking by through good cd usage. dependent on healer though.

I tanked for a command mission once and it blew my mind how much damage the archer did. And then I fucking wonder why she can't do a simple goddamn patrol.

From a Paladin: Max one class first. It's okay to be kind of undergeared, the quests will give you good shit and there's not much else to spend money on so each time they let you into a new area go ahead and buy the good stuff from it. Get through the main story quest, always do your daily roulettes. Once you hit 70 you can start another one. Also, keep an eye out along the way for unlocking other roulettes. I'm not sure if you can before 70 but I know at least that they added Alliance Roulette, which is 24-man stuff.

Crafting classes can be treated entirely separately but you should try and level them all somewhat evenly, because it will save you money - many of the items they require for their quests will require stuff you craft with the other jobs. CUL should be your first priority among those, because Steady Hand II at level 37 makes everything else easier. They're also your fastest means of making money, since you can sell all the extra stuff you don't need for turn-ins.

All in all: welcome to the game, hope you have fun.

I have been really enjoying my time in it so far. I am concentrating on leveling up the Paladin first for sure, but I didn't know that about the daily roulette, or buying items from each new area.

Thanks for the tips, I really hope I can keep enjoying the content! We just did a mad rush for this Dragon boss, fit it in with 20 seconds left before servers went down.

As a fair warning, you will spend a lot of time dressing your slut up.

Oh my fuck, never do this. Just get gear from running dungeons.

Patch 4.11 is here bois, are ready for ultimate difficulty I'm sure as hell not, still haven't done O4S

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/aee832c2c57456a26f36531c78380e74202d0d75

The only thing savage about this fight so far is waiting for PF to fill up.

Flash spam is a shitter tactic but it will carry you through 80% of the content. Paladin starts to become truly fun 60+. Don't fall for the gear treadmill meme. The real endgame is dress-up.

Literally the hardest piece of content thing in this damn game.

maybe for legacy movement plebs

I tried doing that as I played through and ended up pretty undergeared. You can get RNG screwed and just not get gear for a while; I jumped pretty massively when I finally gave in and just bought a whole new set of stuff. I took screenshots, I'll have to post pics when I get home.

That and there's not really anything else to spend money on unless you want to save up for apartment or FC housing.

try to not lose your shit when you read this but I think this game could use wow style heirlooms. have each piece be a grind to get but have them scale stats as you level but remain between normal and HQ crafted gear for that level.
no more clogged inventory of low level gear, no more gil lost to the vendor

That would be cool if it didn't already exist in the form of Deep Dungeon. Because no one realistically does anything else if they want to grind out levels.

Just checked, my ILVL at level 60 was 118 and after buying a full set of High Steel it jumped to 255. My HP went from 12000 to 28000 and my defense/magic defense from 909 to 2337.

So yeah. You can get RNG screwed, don't be afraid to pay for gear.

Up to level 50, sure. But once you get to 50 (prior to Heavensward) the game starts showering you in Poetics, which can be used to snag ilvl 120 gear. By the time you've gotten to Ishgard, you'll be pretty decently geared.
Heavensward and Stormblood quests both award HQ crafted gear, so once you reach that point it's smooth sailing until the level 60 quests between the end of 3.0 and the start of 4.0.

Made me go through the effort of blurring it out so I could show you.

Nice trips, but as of 4.1 Squadron missions give way more EXP per hour than PotD. You level up lighting fast until 50, and even 50-60 is still faster than PotD even though you're spamming Stone Vigil. 60-70 it falls off super hard but so does PotD so w/e

mobs in Squadron S. Vigil drop ~6k EXP per kill and you can clear the entire dungeon in around 10 minutes flat with zero downtime between runs

Squadrons is how I been leveling my lower level classes. Super fast xp. Right now I got to do as tanks because both of my tanks in my squad is do the weekly mission.

Whoa fuck, really? Wait, that's still not an excuse to blow tens of thousands of gil on shitty gear, especially when you get tons of poetics to just fucking buy level 60 equipment.

are you really comparing level 60 gear to level 50 gear

FUCKING GIVE ME 3.5 BACK YOSHI

My point is that hoping for dungeon drops from 50-60 doesn't always work out. The level 50 stuff was the best I had available from the end of Realm Reborn through the beginning of Heavensward because, surprise, if you have Heavensward you end up leveling past 50 long before the game expects you to do so or gives you gear appropriate for your actual level.

but if you're level 60 you could have just bought shire gear for the exact same amount of poetics that ironworks gear costs

Just picked this up for shits and giggles. How long will it take to get into raiding or any of the fun shit?

If you skip cutscenes and powerlevel effectively, you might get MSQ done in a week or two. If you want the story, cutscenes will chew up a lot of game time.

50-70 hours with cutscenes.

30-40 hours without if you try to fully explore maps/unlock flying in every area, etc.

~20 hours if you just say fuck it and plow through the required stuff, level in only the most efficient ways, and avoid all cutscenes/sidequests/unlocking flying.

Fuck. I've got a lot ahead then.

Also an option, though I literally hadn't spent any money on anything for the last twenty-ish levels so I had more than enough. You're right, I could have used Poetics.

That one's on me for not realizing I was going to be using the same gear for about seven straight levels and for generally being the kind of gamer who holds onto everything. I had to sell stacks of old low-level materia off that I never used and should have once I started getting VI stuff.

Puff of Darkness by far

normal quality white gear is far worse than their ilvl and at 50+ they cost way more than they should

I just got that right now. I also got the onion knight minion too from Sycrus.

glam that body piece for the love of god

No

It's just an inferior High Alagan coat.

If you're DPS it'll take about 20 hours longer than as a tank because of how fucked queues are for them.
Unless of course you have a group who's gonna run you through shit in DF

I'm trying this game for the third time (trial to level 35, thanks for letting me know this exists now, I lost my old account) and I saw that there's a 100% XP buff available. Is this going to hurt me in the long run? How long does it take to reach max level? My primary interest is raiding.

well you're more locked behind MSQ than the actual leveling.
The MSQ is filled with large amounts of filler and you have to get through all of it. 30-40 hours if you're dps and basically blitzing it. 50+ if you don't have a group to carry your ass.

The Halloween costume is pretty cute.

FURSHIT ENABLING
you mean

how far have you guys been in ultimate coil? my group has gotten to like 30% on twintania after ~2 hours of prog. people keep fucking up twisters though.
at least we can say savage is mid tier content now.

That's normal. It would be pretty difficult to get into Heavensward with better gear than Ironworks if you weren't raing.
This is also normal.

However, the point I made that you missed is that Heavensward questing gives you free gear. This gear is High Quality, meaning it has the exact same stats as dungeon gear of the same item level.
If you've already done those quests, then that's one thing, but otherwise going out of your way to buy overpriced and understatted gear strikes me as wasteful.

Time to get comfy with some bros and play FFXIV

thanks for reminding me about the event

It is super cute.

Wolf boys OUT!

How do I alleviate this, anons? I still havent done shit like original Coil, any of the HW or SB EX primals, or Deltascape Savage, the last two because I’m too retarded to remember all the mechanics as the fight progresses.

Play dress-up.

khloe head pat minigame when

(((Aurion Pax)))

I wasn't actually anticipating this.

Like clockwork

Vath because they are the best beast race

Aurion turned over a new leaf. He can be pretty based when you get to know him :^)

bepsi

Does the game have content yet? Played for awhile but got pretty bored waiting for 4.1
Is it worth going back now?

4.1 already released dude

Yes and i'm wondering if 4.1 has content.

le baste

The event items aren't the problem…

Make sure to have fun before November 1st. At least they told me this was fun.

now have you jumped off the roof and gotten the lamp post yet?

The person i was with told me the exact place to jump off and got it on 1st try

puff of darkness is truly the best one

The hardest part is getting back up to the top of the tower if you miss. The actual jump down to the lamppost isn't that bad.
Took me about three tries, and I was fairly sure I'd missed the third until I landed.I did not want to climb back up that tower again.

Is Lyse a good character yet or is it more of SE telling us she's a good leader, without showing it?

I actually missed the jump the first time, but my spouse plays, and we got married in game so i teleported back to the top and made it on jump 2

Messing around with stormshade

The recent patch actually makes the point that she isn't good enough yet, but is putting her on the path to becoming good.