No, this is not okay. Not in any game, not even a fanservice and ecchi game

I know there's a /nep/ board and a /nep/ general but this shit warrants its own thread:

THE ONLY WAY TO CHAIN ATTACKS IS TO MASH

EVEN A 0.5 SECOND DELAY BETWEEN BUTTON PRESSES IS ENOUGH TO DROP A COMBO CHAIN

THE ABSOLUTE ONLY WAY TO FIGHT ENEMIES IS TO COMPLETELY OVERCOMMIT

This is literally the worst combat mechanic I've seen in a very very long fucking time and it makes me sick to use it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A&t=594s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

git gud

Shouldn't you be writing an article for a shitty gamejourno site instead of posting here, user?

Like clockwork

I want to fuck Vert.

Nigger that's 30 frames, how the fuck can you not do that?
t. fightan fag

I want to cuddle Blanc

It's cute vidya console girls doing cute and horrifying vidya things. What are you OP, a faggot?

nep threads are cancer and attract nothing but cancer posters.

That's more than enough time for even Tetris-playing grandma casuals. You just REALLY fucking suck, OP.

I've been playing Ys 8 and leaving a slight delay in between your attacks for maximum damage and to give yourself a good amount of padding for an instant guard is paramount to victory.

Even in fighting games, it's way fucking better to send the game the exact number of inputs in correlation to what you want your character to do rather than sending as many inputs per frame as you possibly can and hoping the game figures out what the hell you want your character to do in the mess.

I'M NOT USED TO MASHING LIKE A FUCKING FIVE YEAR OLD

A 0.5 second delay is a lot in a real-time fighting game. Are you saying this game is more hardcore than it looks, or did you just say "0.5 second delay" without actually knowing the timing requirement? Or do you just need to git gud

I want to fug Ram

You can do combos with half an A press, but first we neeed to talk about paralel universes

I was about to say this, its actually plenty of time to input the next move, bet OP never has touched a fighting game, but considering he wanted to play this, he must be a FATLUS weeb

When's your review go up on Polygon?

Well he just said that mashing doesn't work in fighting games so it's obvious he's never played one.

So a five year old can do this, yet you can't? Do you have brain problems?

I can mash buttons just fine, but I feel like a goddamn invalid child if I'm forced to play like that. It's disgusting.

Admittedly when I played my first Mortal Kombat game as a wee thing many moons ago I button mashed, but after going through many fighting games I've learned far better habits.

After playing Dead or Alive in particular I learned to pace my attacks, but then again that's a series that encourages such things.

I'm not saying mashing is hard you fucking apologists, I'm saying that the timing for attacks doesn't even let me so much as PRETEND that I'm actually thinking about what I'm doing and it's atrocious.

youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A&t=594s just apply this to neptunia my dude and make a video about it

I just

wait why the fuck am I the bad guy here

cuz you're a piece of shit redditor

because you are belrose lol

markkike you have no power here. stop embarrassing yourself.

oh mark keeps trying to ban me but he cant because bans are broken right now so he is passive aggressively deleting my posts. its pretty funny.

Is Black Heart a Lancer or Caster?

LET ME FUCKING CLARIFY

I can button mash as well as any other user if not better. I played Mario Party as a child.

But I don't like doing it. It's a bad habit and it feels wrong, like walking around the house with shoes on or driving without a seatbelt on.

No wonder you're a complete fucking retard that can't even handle a nep game. Did your mother drink while you were in the womb?

Does this game even have a dodge feature? Also the thing I immediately noticed is that the hitboxes for their weapons are much smaller than the animation and size of their weapon. It's very noticeable with characters like Noire. Then again, I'm only like 30 minutes in.

Also what is up with the lack of animated portraits and this game's translation? Multiple times someone has said a short line only to get 2 long sentences. As for the portraits, the ones in the older games were nice when animated. To make matters even worse, the portraits they have now aren't exactly trimmed well. If you look at Nep's shoulders you can see a small bit of color going past their outlines.

Still, this game is only 6GBs somehow. Makes me think it was originally supposed to be for the Vita.

Kinda sorta. It's a really short dash and won't avoid bigger attacks.

There IS a counter attack, however, that activates when you guard with good timing and guarding doesn't cancel attack animations which is why I take issue with the "button mashing only" control scheme.

They had an engine change, maybe UE4 wasn't compatible with their portraits (i doubt this)
they probably had to meet a deadline and weren't able to implement it

Apparently they couldn't get live2d to work in UE4, which is what 4GO was running on.

The attack animations for Nep and Noire are so short that that shouldn't be a problem. I've even played around to see if I could block many attacks on reaction knowing this and I was able to parry plenty of times.

Not that much of a big deal. Nothing really different from most visual novels.

I tried all four of the starting characters in my tiny amount of playtime and in order of amount of delay tolerance in between attacks:

with Blanc being the most lenient and Vert requiring the most mashing.

who does that 3rd hand belong to in that image?

Landed on top of Noire it seems.

You don't get to decide that. Reported.

You better have imported and not given NISA money, faggot. That’s where your problems lie if you didn’t.

Literal wannabe Japanese shit made in Japan by Japanese devs for Japanese customers. Yeah, alright.

Well don't stop there. What other stale, meaningless cliches can you come up with?

Train your reaction time. If it's really 0.5 second, so 30 frames, it's pretty awful if you must mash for that to happen. Play some fighting games, even basic combos like X+Y+214X might be too hard for you if that's the case, but once you can do them it'll be better for your other performances as you'll be used to not being so slow.

Oh I am sorry, so saying that Neptunia is style over substance is a cliche? Because as far as i'm concerned nobody buys them for the gameplay.

People like you just get triggered by all the kawaii and then try to come up with other reasons to dismiss the series.

Dude that's the stupidest shit i've ever heard.

Yeah it is definitely stupid.

Even if he was shitposting he's not wrong to say these games are style over substance. Compile Heart can't exactly get down some quality gameplay with these games. In ReBirth, all strategy is gone once you get EX skills because they deal so much damage (especially Vert's since it does magic damage) that you just want to farm meter and spend it just on those. Before that, you wanted to keep a bunch of meter to maintain consistent damage, use some of it sparingly to deal certain effects or for that final push to break someone's armor, and other things. Now I just build meter and rape someone's HP bar and can safely ignore their armor gauge because it deals so much damage. If they toned down the damage and made them give more status effects or things like "remove immunity to poison" then that would be much better.

Slightly unrelated but anyone here seen Date A Live? How is it?

I want to sugg Rom

why does she have a dick?

I want to fug all the neps

Except Blanc

Because it makes her cuter

Git gud normalfag

What's wrong with Blanc?