So...

So, how long do you think it will take for this game to be so popular and well-known to regular gamers that this community will universally regard it as shit and the cancer that's killing gaming?

Judging by how Portal went, I'm going to give it until Spring 2018. Feel free to screencap this when it eventually happens.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3835969
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Go away.

t. Dean Takahashi

Though if you're talking about the majority of Holla Forums, I would say around Christmas.

but portal wasn't a great game. its not bad but come the fuck on

Holla Forums hates games, no matter how good.

The game is pretty short, doesn't have too much text, and keeps casuals and autists away from it with it's gameplay. I also don't think that Portal suffered too much from this, if you want a good example of a game ruined by its fan base just say Undertale.

It's already shit

Its too late, OP.
Almost two weeks has passed for the cancer to spread, always takes over past the first week.
It was fun while it lasted, be prepared for unforeseen abominations and madness.

It's another fucking meme game.
At least this one has effort put in, unlike most others.

user Super Metriod is less then two hours long if your name is not dean takahashi. Your argument is invalid.

Reported. Already an active general. Use the catalog

No, this is just another indieshit sidscroller #567869670, the only difference is that they devs did go "retro" pixelshit graphics and the game looks great and is a very nice change of pace, the gameplay is no different than any shmup. I think this will go Notch tier and spawn more games of the art-style wether they pull it off is entirely up to them but if you think Cuphead is anyway a "good" game then you haven't played enough shmups or sidescrollers to tell the difference and just jumps on the fucking bangwagon like a fucking normalfag.

Wow.

People posting a thread about a video game when there's already a thread about said video game.

Now THAT'S what's wrong with this community, right here. Nothing else. Nope! Can't think of anything else.

Great job. You're really making this community much better. I bet you feel accomplished.

Eat shit.

Pfff
Unsage

So, how long do you think it will take for this penis to be so filled with blood and throbbing that your mom and the women in her sewing circle will universally regard it as the shit and the singular slab of meat that made them cum buckets?

Judging by how your younger sister went, I'm going to give it until Spring 2018. Feel free to screencap this when it eventually happens.

Never ever, only happened with Dark Souls because you can cheat through the whole game with lock -on

I was going to say about a week, but by looking at this thread it seems to have already happened.

cuphead has a homing bullet upgrade.

The hell is going on in this thread
are you guys that hungry for shitpost material?
Cuphead is a solid game with great gameplay and style.

It's the weakest of all weapons. It's not an upgrade, just a different option wep that is not even good.

Half of the posts in the thread are bait. Just like they any time there's an OP like this one.

Because Holla Forums is full of hipsters. Like a game until it becomes too popular, then it's cool and contrarian to shit on it.

Basically Holla Forums's way of virtue signalling.

Filthy frank is literally unfunny tryhard normalfag shit.
Go back to cuckchan with your dank FORCED memes.

It's called "trying to fit in" and any time there's an OP that can result in shitting on something you can bet your ass the newfags are going to come out of the woodwork

That's not Holla Forums, or even chan culture in general. That's just how people are. X is cool until too many undesirables are associated with it and then it is no longer cool.

Ignore the fucking faggots with shit taste. This game is the ultimate Megaman X Merry Melodies Edition.

I saw you trying to push this meme in the cuphead threads and you got called out
what a surprise you're sageposting and meming in the next one

"this community"
Go back to reddit, faggot.

This.

cuphead isn't shit. but.
it's a mediocre art game.
it's not difficult at all, it's just so shocking to people because for 14 years solid, games have been handholding you and letting you win for nothing. games encourage you to savescum, it's become a normal expected feature.

but lacking a few essential casual faggotry mechanics doesn't make it challenging from an objective standpoint. and it certainly doesn't give it an automatic 10/10. a tiny babystep in the right direction isn't deserving of a dick suck. always ask for more and never compromise.

if you think cuphead is hard, look. consider for a moment that hundreds of thousands of fucking people S ranked every level in the game in just a week. they didn't just merely beat it, they perfected it. ask yourself if you think even ONE guy would be able to do that to a game in the 80's. no, he fucking wouldn't. games used to take years to master.

if you think this piece of shit is hard you desperately need to play a classic game to unfuck your fucked perspective. i recommend rolling thunder. good luck getting past level 2 in rolling thunder you fucking casuals. bragging that you beat this infantile game heh.

it makes me sad you compare mega man to this. mega man x blows this game out of the water. i've seen people struggle getting past level 1 in mega man x. you think anyone managed to do a no damage speed run of mega man x within a week of release? heh.
you know what game people were able to no damage speed run within a week of release? your precious BASED GOTY cuphead.

sage

Style over substance doesn't necessarily mean all style and no substance. Remove the soundtrack and replace the aesthetic of Cuphead with, say, Contra, which is where it heavily borrows its gameplay from. Would this get even 1/100th of the press it's getting right now? Of course not, because there's an absolute fuckload of similar games out there that you never hear about. Nobody would give a fuck about it.

With Cuphead, you're there for the Style. There's no shame in admitting that. The Substance is a bog-standard 2D action platformer/boss rush.

The only reason why there wasn't a no damage speedrun of Megaman X was because there wasn't a market demand for it. The thing about a no damage speedrun is that some faggot on Twitch can make money from donations to do that. I guarantee that if Megaman X was initially released at the time Cuphead was, that there'd be no damage speedruns of it by now.

you're all literally saying the best quality this game has is its difficulty, and i'm telling you it has none.
just be honest like this guy and admit it's a mediocre baby game and you just like to look at it.
thanks, this guy. i cannot remember the last time i saw someone being honest and not just mindlessly shilling.

When the "new" animations become completely recycled and they spew out quick shitty expansions/sequels.
Same as anything really.

I'm pretty sure that we'd be all shitting on it if the game was a walking simulator instead, like that A Night In The Woods game. So the animation isn't the sole appeal of the game, but I will admit it's a major reason why people know about the game.

no you wouldn't, pokemon and animal crossing are beloved franchises.
i'm not saying it's a walking simulator, though. it's a step in the right direction like i said. but uhhh. let's just say if you 100% complete it, you sure don't have any bragging rights, either.

Of course. But Cuphead does have gameplay. It's just not good gameplay, we're talking 5/10 at best. The aesthetic, on the other hand, is undeniably 10/10 and is extremely pleasing to take in. So the fans of this game are either willing to give the medicore gameplay a pass, because the art and sound is just that good, or they weren't interested in the gameplay in the first place, and exclusively came for the art. If you came for the gameplay, you'll undoubtedly be disappointed since it fails to measure up to the classics.

No, they're not walking simulators, animal crossing is babby's/furry's the sims, and pokemon, is well fucking pokemon I don't feel like I need to explain why it's an actual game.
I agree entirely.

Now are we talking about using the whole scale like a 5/10 woman is still worth banging or the game-journo/highschool-grade scale, where a 7/10 barely passable and below that is just utter shit?

Not the IGN 3 point meme scale, no. 1 being truly shit, 5 being average, 10 being genuinely perfect. This should give you an idea of how much praise I'm giving Cuphead with the visual and sound design. I don't think they could have done better in that department.

i dont know man, gone home and heavy rain still has you pressing buttons mindlessly once in a while, they're still "walking sims" even though you technically do more than walking. yeah, you press A to select attacks for your utterly invincible pokemon, you press left mouse button to move around artifacts your lesbian sister left behind, what's the difference?
i know a guy from poland who played a north american version of pokemon when he was 10. he didn't speak a lick of english at that time. he was able to 100% complete pokemon, a game he couldn't read a word of. lots of people have. it's a walking sim.

I love cuphead. Report and filter all goon shills.

I legitimately fucking hate every single one of you and would push a button to kill you all right now if I had the chance.

Cuphead is good, everything a gamer could possibly want, and a beacon of hope that games can be saved.

PewDiePie has already made like a million Cuphead videos.

It's like I'm taking crazy pills.

forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3835969

Just from the name and splash art, I can tell it's exactly the same kind of flash-in-the-pan memegame like Shovel Knight and Undertale. It'll be forgotten by the end of the year.

It's a shit game. Every boss that is actually difficult is only artificially difficult through making certain abilities randomly change speeds or by implementing literally RNG mechanics.

The order in which certain things happens and the speed of boss abilities fundamentally changes the difficulty. One person can beat a boss on what is essentially an easy difficulty whereas someone else can have to encounter completely different mechanics.

It would otherwise be a fun game if half the bosses weren't slot machines. The most fun boss was probably the junkyard one because it gave you multiple choices and not a single thing in it was randomly dictated by the game.

Shovel Knight is still a good game, don't be a faggot

It doesn't matter if it's good or not; that's your opinion. What matters is that it was insanely popular for about a year, and then vanished never to be heard from again. Same with Undertale. Same thing will happen to Cuphead.

Do you even understand the implications of what you're trying to say?

Yes

It's you. You are the cancer killing video games. Congratulations dumbass.

So I would assume the New Super Mario games are less than 5s, being so fucking bland and easy, right?
Call me a pleb you want but I wish I didn't have to use a mod to disable the film grain filter. Yes I know the filter was put there for a reason.

By that logic Mother 3 is a walking simulator since I beat the game before the english patch game out.

Randomly dictating difficulty is artificial difficulty.

I sense a butthurt casual.

Wasted dubs

it is if you had zero difficulty doing so.

Then you must be a fucking moron, because RNG is what makes these kind of games work. It's the randomly spawning zakos from either side of the screen in Contra, the randomly spawning enemies coming from anywhere in Daimakaimura and Ninja Spirit, and the controlled RNG spawns in Cho Ren Sha 68K that makes these kind of games work. It's about adapting on the fly and requiring the usage of your reflexes on top of beforehand knowledge. For example, Dracula in CV1 will eventually randomly teleport to either your left and right to strike you, as you have a limited window to get away and/or strike back. If you knew beforehand where he was going to tele, there'd be no tension. You'd be just waiting for things to happen you know how they'll already play out.

That's the good kind of RNG for you. You know what's coming, but not when or where. That's where your reflexes come into play.

Wouldn't know, the only console games I've played beyond gen6 would be Bloodborne and most of DeS. The newest Mario game I've played would be 64. Sunshine looks like an interesting evolution of 64, so I'll get around to playing that eventually.
More baked in options are always appreciated.

Said bosses literally announce to the player which pattern they're going to attack with before even starting, and it could only be a one of three options of attack patterns that could be easily learned, it's like Megaman X but goes even nicer on you.

So any video game that is easy is a walking simulator in your opinion. I disagree with it but you are consistent, I respect that.

I see you save my posts from the other Cuphead threads.

No, I just sloppily converted that a few minutes ago.

But I did see it in a previous thread :^)

Some people on Holla Forums already dislike it

If anything if Holla Forums hates a game, it's guaranteed to have at least one redeeming feature that makes it worth playing

being contrarian to contrarians, extra layer of edgy.
honestly i've never had a problem with a game Holla Forums's consensus on is shit personally, they're usually right on the money when they call a game shit.
it's what they don't think is shit that's the problem, or when they say something is shit but secretly play 1,000 hours of it.
did you see the post your playtime thread that was up a couple days ago? almost 100% of the thread had dota 2 in the top 5. holy fucking shit i wanted to stop visiting this site altogether. i would have a long time ago if i had an alternative.
and every single game i've been recommended here has been 0/10. dragon's dogma is the last one i listened to. dropped it in three hours, absolutely irredeemably shit game and people here suck its cock like no other.

Only reason why cult games that suddenly hit mainstream such as portal, FNaF, and undertale went to shit is because they have little depth.
If Holla Forums can keep finding things to discuss about cuphead, then there will be continued discussion. If not, then the only thing that can be produced from cuphead threads are shitpost.
Keeping a game alive past when all scenarios have been run, all easter eggs have been found, and all entertainment has been relinquished is a recipe for disaster. Ironically it's the people that want to keep a game alive that end up destroying it.
Considering that cuphead has little to offer besides S ranks and P ranks, best thing for you to do is achieve those then move on.

How new are you kid? Did you finish your homework?

scary boogey man

I see my friends get this game, and the only reason I know about it is because that one journo was failing hard at a jump dash.
I'm starting to think that's how it got so much attention.

Is your backspace button broken faggot? Are you sure you are from here?

Go away