Has there been a better version of Tetris released than Tetris DS

Has there been a better version of Tetris released than Tetris DS

Other urls found in this thread:

lab.dyne.org/OriginalTetrisHowto
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah, Tetris DX for the GBC

Well you're wrong and I'm reporting you

I keep hearing that it's the best version, what's cool about it?

best of both worlds

Hello, fellow best Tetris releases.

Its tetris

I completely forgot this had a 3DS release.

but so is this

Not just it's Tetris, it's Tetris with interesting modes that haven't been seen since and a nice Nintendo skin over all of it.

10/10 soundtrack, with Neil D. Voss was still making music.

This is the best version of Tetris.

I'm most partial to the TGM-style ones mechanically, mostly 2 and 3. I'm terrible at them though. Also fun fact: you can actually emulate the original game. It doesn't play all that well but the history is important.

lab.dyne.org/OriginalTetrisHowto

Besides one of those dedicated handheld "brick games" this was the first one I played, along with Tetris Blast. Fond memories.

What about the Hudson one on 3DS? Not the gimped Ubishit one that replaced it. I'm not that fond of the world rule style versions, but it had some interesting modes in it.

Undisputed classic.

Oh god it's the same devs as The New Tetris, and as expected, profanity hidden in the game ROM as well. Not quite to the extent of TNT though.

Pardon?

Is it worth playing in place of the console version? I know
but it's a fucking puzzle game. Is it missing a lot?

Well it wasn't released in English for 3DS and such, for one.

Good point.

there's a translation patch if you're a fucking pirate, you should just learn nip anyways, it's not missing anything execpt for the bonus story content

Tetrisphere and The New Tetris have colourful devs. Check TCRF.

It's Tetris. Does it really need a translation? At best, maybe a quick FAQ on different menus and settings if you can't muddle through the things.

Nah, it doesn't really need one, although I do find myself stumbling through menus since it has a lot of modes.

Oh, what could seriously need clearing up with in-game descriptions is NullpoMino.

I love the square tetromino knockoff game a lot.

This, was about to post that exact image too

It's basically Tetris for the GB on steroids, way better than DS with its dead online.

HE WHO CONSORTS WITH BEASTS

Puzzle hipsters are furries?

Isn't that the Ubisoft coding marvel where they somehow managed to make Tetris run like shit on PS4 hardware?

Oh, yeah, I remember that. Still wonder how it's possible to screw up a game that can be run on a VMU.

Cultris 2 is best tetris.

Gameboy version is better

How's that? Aside from those spiffy hidden Super Game Boy borders that is.

There's a good list of the modes and what they correspond to on the Harddrop wiki if that's what you're referring to.

I think you mean this.

GRAPHICS.

Thanks, this is super handy.

what happens when you erase a single line? Do there legs get cut off?

thank you user and tanks BASED Nintendo for fixing it

отлично

Tetris guro game anyone? Also don't rubbish the man, the original design was absolutely critical even if it was on a sub-par platform.

This fucking site. How did it remember one picture but not the other, and why are you allowed to repost them in that situation anyway?

Why is Holla Forums so shitty at recruiting? Are commies forced to drink flouride everyday or what?

the man is garbage and guro tetris would be awful. you should be ashamed of yourself.

a cute tetrist would be fun

Any of you fags wanna play some cultris 2 together and get destroyed by the locals?

I'm more into Puyo but I can play some matches if you want. How do you set it up?

tetris the grandmaster series

That's not Super Tetris 3.

best tetris comin through

Faggots, the lot of you.

I still lay awake at night regretting my decision with tears silently streaming down my cheeks as I wonder what could have been. I could have shared beautiful moments with that machine, and only for a thousand syrup dollars.

I remember trying to buy this when I was a teenager, but could never find a copy.

That's not even a tetris game.

That music and backdrop are pretty nice, to be honest. I approve of this.

So I'm curious now. What's the worst version of Tetris? How much can you possibly screw up a Tetris game?

Wasnt there a ps4 one by like ubisoft or some other disliked shitters last year that basically bricked the console

How about taking it to the next level?

a e s t h e t i c

The DOS version is less gaudy, though.

Nah, man. It's beautiful.

The New Tetris and Tengen Tetris

You can't even talk about Tetris seriously on Holla Forums.

Weak, watch this.

What is this, Meet N' Fuck Tetris?

World rule is the guideline mode in TGM3 but on reflection it was the wrong term to use describing other games.

So how do you do at them? I'm trash at them.

Most half-baked homebrew ones probably.

what's the best pc tetris game? something that doesn't need an emulator because it's for my mom, she likes tetris.

Tetris 2.

Who the fuck pitched this game about raising/lowering 3d terrain with tetrimos like pieces and filling them with water? How the fuck did this game get made, it just looks fucking weird.

It's pretty fun when you get a feel for it.

The gameplay is actually a bit more intrincate than that because you have shit like constant rain, earthquakes, mines and smartbombs as well. Though, one thing i'll say that peeves me is the isometric perspective, it's just low enough and in such a shitty angle that you can't really do precise placements at the north end of the board later on in the game if you decided to place your lakes in that location.

you could probably make a shortcut for an emulator which runs the game directly.

The best Tetris game ever is a Japanese version called Tetris Battle Gaiden.

Anyone that says otherwise isn't human.

SNES - Tetris Battle Gaiden

Was going to post this

No problem, thanks for encouraging me to try NullpoMino again, I actually got it to work properly this time and it'll be nice having some way to play something close to TGM3 on my main system. A portable version of it would be even nicer. NDS_TGM is alright but doesn't implement the "Cool!" mechanic which is half the fun of that particular game.

The homebrew TGM3 clone for the DS

Did anyone play any later releases of the game? I Think there was a sequel on PS2,

Yeah Aqua Aqua, a launch title for the PS2. I own a copy of it.

Dr. Mario and Tetris is one of my favorites, but the real question is: Who kept the rights?

Fucking disgusting

Tetris has so many good versions, fuck

As I literally just said, that's missing the best feature of the real TGM3. It's still my favourite Tetris on the system though, and conveniently runs through TWLoader on 3DS, no flash card needed.