Are these things actually fun?

I'm tempted to try, as they're on sale for cheap. But I don't really believe in "gaming to chillout", there has to be a purpose in what I do.

Also I'm aware they're surrounded by artfags pretenders, but I don't really mind as I wouldn't partecipate in the circlejerk. All that matters is that the games are actually fun.

Flower sucks, just play Journey and be done with it.

Of course not.
Just click through them on youtube.

Sale has lesser indies too, which might not be as much of a walking sim.

Entwined is pretty fun, I have it.

Journey was kinda cool, especially when you had a random person pop in and show you where the secret areas were

Both are great, Journey might be the best ps3 exclusive.

Rain looks like it has a satisfying ending. I like these types of stories.

My brother played Journey yesterday.
Ded gaem. He got half way through it for the nostalgia hit.

They're pretty fun. Flower is very pretty and had good sound direction. I'd get them if you can for less than $5 a piece. Once you've played through them there's not really much more to do. You can achievement hunt, but even that's done with pretty quickly.

The only reason faggots praise Journey is because it was their first walking simulator.

idiot. Journey pushed the art by creating a connection between strangers.

No, they're not fun. They're pretentious "artistic experiences" that appeal to SJW types who want to turn vidya into walking simulators. Yes, yes, Journey has a fantastic soundtrack and beautiful visuals. You could even say that it has a thought provoking series of abstract visions for the player to interpret that can serve as the literary backbone for the entire Journey. Fine, fine. That's nice and everything, but

WHERE IS THE FUCKING GAMEPLAY

Your character can jump, float in the air and create some type of sonic resonance via chirping, but

NONE OF THAT SHIT IS EVER PUT TO GOOD USE

The game doesn't even have any decent platforming sections. There are no enemies to defeat, there are no immediate objectives to be completed

I payed way too much for Journey when it came out, in fact I think it was 20 euros or something.
But yeah, it's pretty fucking good.

Journey is boring. if you experienced anonymous online before, theres nothing remotely interesting about it. i have it and never could sit all the way through the first couple levels. and i actually tried to enjoy it.

flower is kinda pretty since its like a tech demo and the movement is kinda neat. its not really interesting until the last level, which is fun in the same way scratching a lotto ticket or playing splatoon is fun.

Are any video games fun? The answer will surprise you.

One day.

They're not really fun or challenging. They're more like tech demos with nice art. But it's not like every game has to be about overcoming a challenge. Those games and others like ABZU are more about experimentation and finding other ways that you can make interactive art than by giving people a challenge to beat.

Journey is comfy as fuck if you get paired up with a good partner (although I bet nobody plays it now). It has an interesting approach to multiplayer and I think other games could learn from it about how to minimize douchebag potential from other players and allow player interaction that doesn't break your immersion at all.

I played it for the first time a few months back.
The first guy I ran across led me through the whole game and got me all the collectibles and easter eggs. Every single one all the way to the end. Props to that mysterious nigga whoever he may be.

dont "play" journey its fucking boring, you just walk around and see a pretty desert environment and when you reach the end you start all over again, just like no mans sky.

you faggots are killing me

Are you dev or shill? Or just some braindead numale?
Journey is not a real fucking game, it's a low effort ugly pretentious hipster trash without any redeeming qualities whatsoever.
Flower is at least pretty.
Gas yourself.