What are some non Holla Forums places that are so detailed that they would make a great videogame map...

What are some non Holla Forums places that are so detailed that they would make a great videogame map? Yes I know the gamecube and MMO exist but messed up the map by adding too much filler

what?

Videogames are known for having very detailed maps because unlike a show a player usually goes through the same stuff over and over again. Some tv shows and cartoons however reuse the same location over and over if they are consistent with it the viewer starts to build a mental map of the place which can be as detailed as what you would see in a videogame map.

>you will never roleplay as a 9 year old peddling lemonade on the street all day so you can afford jawbreakers the new megaman toy
Just wanted to vent some feels. Have a good thread, OP.

So you basically want an I spy book?

Yes, or a were's Waldo

no, i think he means a location from some other media that would make for a good videogame map or setting

I forgot how nuts some of these where

I imagine that's how the artists stayed motivated. It kept them from getting bored.

That faggot can't hide from me.

Bully is the closest I can think of but that is a bit too old and in a school. A game taking place in a small town with a school, forest area, town square ect would be cool. Especially doing random fun stuff around the town. Maybe you can have some combat involving monsters invading the town but have most of it about doing just fun kid stuff and pull pranks on people.

Yeah, that one is rather easy.

A Gmod-based Where's Waldo game would be a piece of cake to code and make. Throw hundreds of bots in the world and have them move around; you have to find Waldo in among them. Fucking awesome idea.

Oh, and this map would finally be a reality.

Yeah but since it's moe autism most of it is probably trying to date the girls and dialog instead of going on kid adventures.

I never got this one as a kid.

I loved the hell out of bully and expended about a hundred some hours into it (haven't tried mods yet). Something not as linear and involving a younger age range would be pure bliss though.

When I get these I like to airbrush out waldo, and post them in lol threads.

You bully.

Best 2 dollars I ever saved.

You what.

For a moment I thought that was Grove Street.

Now that's pretty clever, and who's this fag?

Dark Waldo

Did any of you fellows ever read books illustrated by Colin Thompson? His books were very formative on me as a child, I would get lost in the intricacies and details of his worlds, and to this day i'll open his books and get lost for a while. I would love to see anything in a video game rivaling the creativity and detail of these places

I can't be the only person who's wanted a legit version of Bedrock in a game. Or at least some more games with neanderthals cavemen.

Sounds like that one where you pretend to be an npc and complete objectives while someone else attempts to snipe you. Or that other one where you can transform into random objects and have to hide from a dude with a shotgun.
Also I fucking swear it was Where's Wally rather than Waldo. I thought Waldo was just the off-brand name to pass copyright and mention it in tv shows without the bullshit.

Waldo goes by different names in different countries.
Makes the bastard that much harder to find.

That's Odlaw, user.

It's Wally in the UK, but Odlaw isn't Yllaw.

Oops.

I was thinking of Earthbound/Mother when I read this, although it leans on the fantasy side of things quite a bit.

Found him.

That's fuckin' evil, man.

I like your methods.

Every day that these images do not exist in a video game, I die a little more inside.

Half of that sounds like the South Park games.

I'd be afraid of letting anything I love get turned into a game, television series or movie right now. Let's win the culture war and do away with shit like girls in the boy scouts first.

Made in Abyss has a great setting. I could see it as a dungeon exploration game (maybe somewhat similar to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon) or possibly a game like Recettear were you buy/sell the artifacts.

Agreed

There is 1 missing a shoe. That is the real Waldo/Wally.

or a horror game if you read the mango

Seriously there is nothing fun about The Abyss. It's horrifying.

That layout is often a typical RTS map layout.

You are filth.

NEVER EVER
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R

I guess you could try Costume Quest but make sure you pirate it so the 3.3 million dollar man doesn't get your money

Dem double dubs

Look at that shit eating grin.

TELL ME
I really liked as brotherhood's multiplayer and I would love to play something similar.
BTW Is there a city builder where I can make suburb like Cul de Sac? I know about SC4 but I would like to play another game.

Odlaw, actually.

(checked)
This, and alongside something in the same vein as Fire and Ice or Conan Barbarian.

That third image is quite similar to that one town in skyrim
Here's some food for thought. Do you think it's possible to make a sandbox video game set in nothing but plains?

If there's a will, there's a way.

I think that was called spy party?

I'd love to see compact but detailed buildings.

Fucking Burguers

Thank y-

Ha ha, eurocucks can't make za waldo jokes.

I LITERALLY JUST DISCOVERED THIS A COUPLE HOURS AGO
GET OUT OF MY HEAD

(checked)
That's some magic you got there.

The Toa Mata (Tahu, Gali, etc.) were created as Toa, rather than Matoran. They might not be able to turn into Turaga.