/lgg/ - Linux Gaming General

Cuck License Edition

What are you playing, trying to play, or given up on getting to work on your Linux distribution of choice? I seriously hope you fags aren't using Poetterware.

Personally, I'm trying to get Age of Empires II to run on Artix with Wine. I keep getting an error telling me that DirectDraw doesn't work. Does anybody know what should I do to fix this?

Other urls found in this thread:

openage.sft.mx/
artixlinux.org/
mrchromebox.tech/#devices
theregister.co.uk/2017/07/05/linux_systemd_grants_root_to_invalid_user_accounts/
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF#.22Error_43:_Driver_failed_to_load.22_on_Nvidia_GPUs_passed_to_Windows_VMs
forum.level1techs.com/t/play-games-in-windows-on-linux-pci-passthrough-quick-guide/108981
aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/?h=linux-vfio
libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-cd/debian-9.2.0-amd64-netinst.iso
rufus.akeo.ie/
fedorapeople.org/groups/virt/virtio-win/direct-downloads/latest-virtio/virtio-win.iso
ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/o/openssl/libssl1.0.0_1.0.1t-1 deb8u6_amd64.deb
my.mixtape.moe/pumwmt.tar
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=35295
pastebin.com/rUtwBQSj
osgameclones.com
mega.nz/#!orgg2KiD!_UOI-hE7lDBqlMUEtcuoEcja1exSJcrAzsF9hrV3zps
genode.org/documentation/release-notes/16.08#VirtualBox_4_on_top_of_the_Muen_separation_kernel
mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg1556813.html
vwakviie2ienjx6t.onion/debian
sgvtcaew4bxjd7ln.onion/debian-security
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=876220
pastebin.com/9MhM2Sg4
devuan.org/
copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/evgenyz/openxcom/
slackware.com/~alien/multilib/
sourceforge.net/projects/good-life-linux/?source=navbar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Left 4 Dead 2 an Darkest Dungeon since I already know them, plan on trying the ARMA 3 build and Shadow Tactics if I get the time for it.

Tried to run S4 League because of but it crashed my system multiple times and I had to make a clean winecfg

I didn't pick my main system with that in mind and since so far every test run on other systems or VMs for changing the init system has resulted in a total loss of the system despite clinging to the provided steps I am just trying to get it to know on my second system that is potter free.

What are your choices for A: Eye candy gameswine or native and B: games that you can sink hours on ends into while listening to music or audiobooks for maximum comfy?

2nd for Void is currently the best distro.

Daily reminder that Linux is only Bread&Circus. The hardware is backdoored, you're still vunerable. A chain is as strong as its weakest link.

post a screen of the error and logs or search the error, if I had to guess, install directx using winetricks or linux4gaming
if those don't help, would be running it in winxp in virtualbox but that's drastic for that game and you should get that game running

There's a linux clone in dev: openage.sft.mx/

Resident Evil 0 in dolphin for halloween and Pulsar the lost colony over the weekend. Also darkwood, tabletop simulator, and xcom 2

Haven't had any problems playing what I want on linux. The only games that haven't worked were dx11 games, but that will soon not be an issue

I am, come at me bro
I did use arch openrc until using the package manage it broke and I found out after they stopped supporting it and it pissed me right off. I don't use pulseaudio, but I will dump systemd again

Slackware. Because it's the most UNIX-like. GPL versions are still gay as fuck. BSD versions shit on your cuck licenses. Apparently you're ok being cucked.

thanks cianigger

You're the one still sucking CIAnigger cock. Unless you're posting on an Anthlon machine and running TempleOS, you're still a slave to the Jew.

To both of those I have to say Doom. There is a staggering amount of mods and wads for it, can sink hours into it without getting bored, and listen to shit while playing it. Don't know if it can be qualified as comfy, though.

Classic disinfo, Chaim. Security is a spectrum. Only alphabet soup agencies have access to hardware backdoors, and that's accessed in the case of a targeted attack. Not the usual info scraping. Which means that if you're not drawing their attention, it doesn't really matter if it's backdoored.

Besides, GNU+Linux is plain superior to Windows anyways.

BSD licenses are the cuck ones, lad.

Artix is replacing Arch-OpenRC, are you going to migrate to it? artixlinux.org/

So? Are saying its only ok to be fucked in the ass if it's a kike? Pretty implicit.

always funny to see a windows shill claim paranoia is the only reason to prefer lignux because they don't know how much better it is than microshit's OS

ok terry

Yeah, saw that, might have look at void first

Just fuck my shit up fam.

Right now I'm playing Immortal Redneck, I beat it a while ago, but from time to time and slowly fill the skill tree. I'll probably get to detention when I have more time.

I haven't been able to launch either dying light or dead island (same engine), I just get a black screen with a white bar that when it's about to finish crashes. I have an amd hd 7770 and I'm using mesa 17.2.2 and llvm 5, if anyone has a similar setup and can get it to work, let me know.

that's very odd, aoe2 worked fine for me, even with the forgotten empires expansion

He's saying the least people who can fuck you and the harder the effort they need in order to do so, the better.

I'm playing Deponia: The Complete Journey at the moment. I had it on my backlog since forever because I was not in the mood for a point n click adventure, but now that I started it I'm hooked.
I use Arch as it comes for convenience. It just works

I use Windows, because games just work. Fuck Linux. I'll use Linux when all the games are compatible.

Sorry, I can't really understand people that are on the spectrum, bless their hearts for trying though. Anyway, what he said was wrong because there have been exploits that use Intel ME for a while. EternalBlue uses the Intel ME to gain root privlages.

and intel ME can be partially disabled at least. Though, if you care about ME and PSP shenanigans you should be using an FX cpu. God, I wish AMD eventually releases something to disable PSP on ryzen

You are on the spectrum, because nothing you typed makes any sense.

I guess you're unhackable then, well done

Not if flashrom doesn't support your board.

Fantastic arguement. Really enjoyed the second paragraph.

Try the bleeding edge wine, I read they got dx11 working to an extent

No they won't. AMD representives said they have no plans to, even when it was the most upboated suggestion on r/AMD.

you know you can install libreboot to give intel me the middle finger, right

Good luck using pre-2006 Intel hardware, but I already have a Librebooted Thinkpad T400

they have linux ports. but it seems there was some retarded shit on the devs' part that made it not work on mesa initially, and even now you need some environment variables but it should be working since mesa 17.2, and it works for other people. but not me

You're still retarded.

I'd rather ditch SystemD but I like Manjaro and my system just werks. If some new non-shit replacement comes out and gets put in every major Distro or Manjaro releases OpenRC/Runit packages that will be maintained consistently then I'll jump, but as it is I'll live with it.

Nigger, Manjaro OpenRC got ditched in favor of Artix. Manjaro is pure systemd shit now.

I know the "install Gentoo" meme, but Gentoo is unironically the best distro.

I used it for a long time, it's really not. It's just a meme bro. It's still good though

Cuphead runs in Wine but I want to use my controller with it. Other than that I've been playing The Typing of the Dead.
I tried playing OFF and a few other old RPGMaker games, but Wine doesn't seem to like them. Is there a trick to it? Games made in later RPGMaker engines seem to work fine, it's just 2003 that fucks up.
AntiX and MX are fucking good. I wish I tried them out sooner.

Trying to get Cho Ren Sha 68K working in Wine but it keeps crashing no matter what version I use. How do I emulate earlier Windows versions besides WinXP in Wine? I've never had to mess with this before but Cho Ren Sha works best in Win98 compatibility mode.

user, please. I use my 3ds as a controller for cuphead over wine

I've got a generic Xinput pad. There's conflicting info on whether Wine supports Xinput, or whether you have to use external tools to get it to work.
How did you set yours up?

Take a look at EasyRPG. It plays most RPG Maker 2000 and 2003 games pretty well if they don't use weird third party patches.

Supposedly OG Doom
If it doesn't work in Wine, I dual-boot with Windows 7 so compatibility isn't a big issue.
I've used Void, Slackware, Gentoo, and some other distros in the past but never for very. Right now I'm using plain old Ubuntu because I hate myself.

Show me your BBC in here, lass. you can't, because you're a fucking commie Jew GPL shill

Copyright (c) , All rights reserved.Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or withoutmodification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. * Neither the name of the nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" ANDANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIEDWARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AREDISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANYDIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES(INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED ANDON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THISSOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

I like playing games without needing to install 27 programs

I think wine devs will never support xinput. Look up dumbxinputemu. I also used antimicro(the only thing that wasn't outright mapped was the circle pad) which might be needed if your inputs in the game are messed up though, I don't know if using antimicro actually changes how wine detects the gamepad or not

Titles on my steam linux library, tried out xonotic briefly.
RMS can lick my taint.
Currently using systemdicks infested distros, waiting for more user reviews on newer non lennart infested distros, ie artix.
Speak of the devil.png
But sorry no, I don't use WINE. If I have to use WINE might as well run a separate wangblows machine. How is Artix so far in everything else? Speed, stability etc.

Anything other than proprietary has and always will be the cuck license, GPL and BSD included. I really don't see why GPL people are so violent towards BSD users for this reason when they're literally under the same umbrella.

The infighting needs to stop, you're literally using Windows user bantz against your own people.

Divinity: Original Sin 2. I couldn't get it working on Wine, and I don't have the hardware for PCI passthrough so every time I want to play that game, I boot Windows.

I made a crack for Starsector, though it's probably for an out of date version by now.

Note: Image is for entertainment purposes only, using these serials without cracking the jar first will result in a "pirated" (version number ends in p) marker on your installation.

Which one sounds more cucked to you?

GPL is totally ideological without consideration for reality

As if closing the source has any meaning whatsoever. For both the GPL and BSD, as well as others, you can take the project, put it in your product, sell it, and contribute nothing back (monetary or code). With either license you put yourself at risk of being "cucked" by working for free. If you want control, you need a proprietary license, end of story. I really don't know what fucking world it makes sense to brand 1 license as a "cuck" license while actually supporting a license that offers no additional protection in this regard. I swear half of the people promoting the GPL don't even understand it.

Lies, lies, lies, and more damn lies. This is the fucking BSD license:

Shut your god damn Commie Jew GPL shilling baby dick blood sucking faggot mouths.

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

Holla Forums Manjaro is the best middle-ground GNU/Linux distribution.

Oh, damn, opensource software licenses. I hate them all:
I just want to put some source code on the internet for people to download it, you fucking insufferable cucks! WHY DO I HAVE TO WASTE MY TIME WITH THIS FUCKING SHIT?!

I thought it was obvious that I'm not pro-GPL. Despite my posts I'm not anti-OSS either, I'm only trying to make the point that proprietary licenses are your only option if you think giving away your work for free is undesirable to you. For me personally, it's not. If I had to waste my own time implementing something because nobody else did or nobody else did a good enough job, then I see no reason not to release it, I already wrote it for free, for nobody, and got what I needed out of it, there's no reason anyone else should have to do the same, I paid the time price either way.

This is why I prefer the more liberal licenses, I'm not a damn lawyer.
BSD, MIT, ISC, they're simple.

I agree. Manjaro is alright. I can't deal with the Archtism but manjaro is okay.

Put it under the MIT license then. Stop yer bitching.

then just use CC0 or MIT then

also
s m h t b h f a m

Artix is pretty damn stable, at least as stable as Manjaro OpenRC. I have been using it in my desktop at home and my Chromebook while on the move, for almost as long as installation ISOs have been out. No big crashes or shit I had to fix urgently.

Good to hear, and interesting about the chromebook part.

Is pulseaudio pozz or does it just get bad rep for being poettering ware, i mean the big complain is that no one has the resources to audit SystemD, but i am sure people has taken a look at Pulseaudio and given the OK.

Asking because the last time i installed Devuan it came wit Pulseaudio, and ALSA just barely werks on my PC and it makes my life miserable

Only certain Chromebooks can have Chrome OS deleted and Linux natively installed. Here's the list. mrchromebox.tech/#devices

I really wish more manufacturers would crank out a chromebook clone that can accept loonix either out of the box or easier to install loonix on. Though I heard some newer models are starting to become easier to do the latter.

Could someone just take the HHD out, and reformat it?
hmmm….
Nope never mind, at best you'd could do a live boot on a hardrive if you can't mess with the Bios. That or you would have to have an install of linux pre-installed and set up for your hardware.

I tried it, but no thanks

pic is for you

I use MIT, which is basically identical to BSD, but requires one less place in the license where you have to write your name.

Thats kind of the answer. Doesn't matter how bad pulse is, what are you gonna do? Use OSS?

Trying to set up stupid mobile hybrid drivers on linux. Just fucking end my life right now.

PulseAudio is almost 100% unnessary bloat unless you want to do per-application volumes on the fly, run Firefox or use OBS without custom dmix configuration.

anyone here played warzone2100

I spent all night getting my linux 18 box ready to test out devuan distros like Good Life Linux, it has taken far longer than I would like due to some weirdness with my VMs compressing I think I'll have to use terminal to get split volumes and my owncloud server locking up and needing maintenance when I tried to put the 7gig archive of the VMs on it, and just getting distracted by chatting with anons

after I decide on the current state of the 4 distros I will be testing I'll either pick one or switch back to mint 17.3 since its still systemd free till 2019 when it loses support

when I get back to games I'll either give stardew valley another crack or go back to working on godot since I got sidetracked on that for about a year

used to on windows, it was dank

also it was free on portable apps last I checked

could one of you hackermen port PCSX2's lilypad to linux?

What are some good distros?

you want a babys first linux?

(noice)
For basic distros I would recommend Xubuntu, Manjaro, and Lubuntu once they replace LXDE with LXQt
Even Solus and Deepin are getting quite decent

Why is debian the best distro?

Oh boy this thread's back. Thanks as always for being a better Holla Forums than Holla Forums, Holla Forums.
Oldschool Runescape, OpenArena, Xonotic. Xonotic broke with a weird bug indicative of mismatched versions, but my friend and I both had the same version, so I'm gonna have to fuck with it to get it to work
Cuphead and A Hat in Time
Haven't bothered trying to see if either will run in WINE and on my Intel Integrated Toaster, but I'll give it a shot soon(tm). Worse case scenario I actually have to drag my WIndows desktop back out to play them.
Slackware is love, Slackware is life.

fuckit, I really started on Mint a few years back, some dummy made the /poltech/ board and I posted all my notes out of pity so he would have content on his ded board
>>>/poltech/66

Mint has memory problems with cinnamon but its customizable and I can get hotline miami, deus ex (with wine) rimworld and stardew valley running on it no problem, if I gave more of a shit about gaming these days I could probably tell you more games that run on it

its not
systemd for starters, social justice programmers too

pottery

I bet you dont even play DOS

Oh please explain why systemd is bad and why sysvinit is better.

All the popular distros are competent enough to be good, it all depends on what you're looking for.

Mainline Ubuntu is going through a UI change. You'll probably want to wait for them to do that so you can get used to it better. It's variants use different UIs, so you get the massive software library and compatibility without the UI change. If you don't care for gimmicks, try Xubuntu. If you want a flashy desktop stuffed with features at the cost of a few rough edges, try Kubuntu.
These guys focus on security and stability. OpenSUSE is a great distro if you like to tinker with permissions. Some things that happen automatically in other distros require you to set permissions in OpenSUSE. If you're security minded, it's great. If you want everything to work by default, don't bother.
Fedora is experimental. It's stable enough for daily use and gets updates very quickly, but things can go wrong. If you want the latest Linux has to offer it's great. Some people don't like their new changes, such as implementing GNOME3 before it was ready, and using systemd. Those shouldn't worry you if you just want a working desktop, but if you care for those things stay away.
Debian is a massive community. The sheer number of devs and volunteers give it stability, compatibility and support. It's the base for lots of distros, including Ubuntu. It's rock solid but the repos tend to have older versions of software. If you're the sort of guy who sticks to XP because you want your system to work and don't care about later additions, Debian would be that equivalent.
Arch, Gentoo, Funtoo and other build-your-own-os distros go here. They aren't bad, but you aren't going to be given a working desktop. If you know what you want, and know how to get it, they can give you that without the bloat of other distros. If you just want to do something practical without setup, don't bother.
It's the closest Linux distro to old school UNIX. They give you a solid base, and a way to configure everything, and you do everything yourself. Slackware makes a great base for other distros, because it's package management is very simple in comparison.

In short:
Just werks -> Ubuntu or Fedora
Stable and secure, some assembly required -> Debian or OpenSUSE
I want Linux on a USB stick -> Puppy Slacko, MX or Knoppix

I've been playing some E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy (the Lutris install script worked great), Cuphead and some Diablo 2 mods via WINE. For Loonix native games I've been replaying some Torchlight II and Megabyte Punch. I've been tinkering some time with my OrangePiPC running RetrorangePi and Lakka, as well.

(noice)
I have a shitty Latitude E5430 Laptop with Intel HD 4000 graphics running Xubuntu and Cuphead runs without issues in WINE (I only had the game crash once before starting a level). I'm trying to get it to work with a controller though.

fuck I'm good at remembering this shit, I'll try to detail some of the shit thats wrong

ok
the shit systemd does is excessive and bloated, outside the scope of half the stuff it tries to tie together
basic startup shit gets tied together with other shit slowing down the boot process
there's security holes and if I remember correctly that may be inteded cuz if memory serves poettering is funded by NSA
theregister.co.uk/2017/07/05/linux_systemd_grants_root_to_invalid_user_accounts/
also just fuck pottering
the design philosophy is wrong too because systemd makes it more like windows where everything ties together where as with linux its supposed to have all the parts working independently or at least more independent

to summarize as best I can

I'm not as knowledgeable as other anons and I really just try to get shit working so I can share with other anons and make it so they ahve an easier time, Also I will never have windows 10 on any of my computers, ever.

fucking screwed that up

Retards

Linux games seriously need more pirates.

Cool, hopefully it'll run on an HD 3000, then. Sometimes the difference is too much, sometimes it doesn't matter, but I'll cross my fingers and give it a shot.
Tangentially: haven't touched it in over a week, but I gotta say, I'm pretty pleased that I've been able to play MP with a buddy of mine without having Steam installed. I just grabbed whatever version was in the Share Thread and it connected without version conflict issues with his Steam version. Already paid for the damn thing and wrestled with support to get my account back after losing it, so being able to install whatever installer I can get my hands on and have it just work was a breath of fresh air considering my usual bad luck with version mismatches.
Did you get that working on an Intel HD too? Last time I tried it, it did that thing Source games like to do in WINE where none of the environment is textured, and the only fix I know for it is having an Nvidia or AMD card.

Retards

Still not running Windows, you silly willy

Nice list, user. Better save it because this question will be asked a lot.

It was nice when I tried it, but I went nuts installing shit from the AUR and broke my shit. Might give it a new oportunity once I get more confidence and knowledge.

That's mostly WINE related or other voodoo type things. Steam on linux and native games runs fine 99.99% unless you have some very niche hardware setup.
Unlike windows where every user just loved and all embraced W10, of course. :^)

buddy if you're going to post such weak bait you may as well end your life now

He's right though. At least keep your proprietary shit segregated from your pure system if you intend to run it at all. About all I run on mine is FOSS games or close enough (Freespace 2 for example) or emulated games. Wine does not count because it's not sufficiently isolated from the main system.

Really stickin it to the man now running Windows software. I'm sure now game devs will give a fuck
Retards

(You)
(You)
Stale as fuck bait's still successful I see.

buddy I'm never going to use Windwos 10, that means my only options are linux with stuff like wine or custom windows OS like windows 9, and I would prefer linux

Did you try the PC port?

Use gzDoom, it has more features and it's foss

Some of then don't have a removable ssd, it's built in to the board. Mine has a removable msata drive, but I can't remove the ram

If you're running proprietary code on your clean system, especially games, that's no more trustworthy. My "dirty sluts" are a Windows 7 system that runs offline 99.9% of the time, and jailbroken game systems. The thing I do everything else on is a Libreboot X200 Tablet.

i can't see shit like this and keep my sides in place

You even admit you're intentionally crippling yourself because of retarded software politics. You absolute fucking retard. Do you really actually prefer Linux or are you just on some retard crusade against a piece of software? There are people out there who genuinely prefer Linux and good for them but these threads are always filled with retards like you and the LARPing idiots from Holla Forums

I'll settle for dirty over filthy like windows 10 cortana shit, and I have more than 1 PC so even if I gave a sit I could still run a game rig and a clean box fine

nice projection
you're the retard conflating playing windows based games with windows OS

Does breathing from your mouth just come naturally over time from taking so many cocks or were you just born that way?

It runs at "playable" speeds, but it's mostly because the game's not optimized enough and the maps are fuckhuge. I ran the game back in the day on a Thinkpad X220 (Intel HD 3000) running WIndows 7 and the performance was exactly the same, so it's not a WINE issue.
Give Cuphead a try, it's easy as fuck to pirate as well, hope it runs ok with your machine.

I just use Linux because I like it more than Windows. I'm not an antifa-tier beta that feels using an operating system is in itself political activism and fighting "the system", but I kinda see you're projecting a lot here.
They actually do. Some of the games I play the most have Linux ports, and Vulkan hopefully makes things better in the future now that Microsoft fucked up with DX12.
You might want to take a break from imageboards if software choices inside a free Operating System bother you so much, you silly willy.

Why the should I have to give up using a piece of software just because I chose not to use a different piece of software?

If I'm at the point of running proprietary games which can be equally nasty in some respects, I hardly care what they're running on top of. But I do care if it's the system I use day-to-day. If you want to run them on top of Wine, whatever.

8ch needs a select-and-report/batch report feature for shitfests like this. At least let me report all posts by an ID, Christ.

As long as everything's rendering properly, I'll take "playable". Maybe something's changed in either WINE or the driver since I played it last. I'll give it another shot on WINE next time I'm up to it.
Me too. Sounds like it's not too strenuous on hardware, but we'll see. Although, just because it runs in WINE doesn't mean shit. I'm really horrendous at 2D platformers.

Or Steam, or even the games themselves, I wouldn't trust most multiplayer games to be securely coded for sure.
Do you know? That's a tenet of open source. Trust is lessened further in any games that would try to addd Denuvo, even if they're been cracked.
That applies to my main system.

That's why you can add a comment to reports numbnuts.

Whatever, it's Mark's problem now. If Codemonkey's going to leave the site a broken mess and keep adding esoteric features instead, he could at least add something more useful. All the scaffolding is there, since as it stands, selecting posts is only a thing for screencaps.

Ai chan is the goddamn cutest.

Hey it's not like I can force you. Do what you please.

So anyway, random trick with DOSBox is that you can route General MIDI to an ALSA port.
Something like qsynth can be running on that to provide better sound. Generally I just use OPL2 since it's more true to most systems back in the day but it's nice to have the option of something else.

Running on Wine is better than running on Windows to be sure, but running on Windows on a separate system from your main one is better than that. Stallman can disagree with that all he wants, he's plenty disagreeable these days to me. If I was letting my Windows system connect to the Internet I might consider running Linux and Wine instead, but it'd still be on its own system.

My phone can run more good games than Linux.

GPU Passthrough is the only way to get year of linux desktop. Running it has allowed me to keep my system mostly libre while putting all the proprietary software inside the Windows container where it works better. I also use firejail to add that extra layer.

Ubuntu is Afrikaanz for "I'm too stupid to run Slackware.

My *only* problem with PCIe passthrough of the GPU is that you can't do it with consumer grade GPUs. Eg, I can't do PCIe passthrough with my GTX 1060s because either the kernel or QEMU/VMware/etc. basically tell me to fuck off and buy some Quadros.

polite sage

I am doing it with my 980 right now. You just add some stuff to the machine to trick the card into working. People have been getting past Error 43 for awhile so I don't know what rock you are under.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF#.22Error_43:_Driver_failed_to_load.22_on_Nvidia_GPUs_passed_to_Windows_VMs

I'm not living under a rock I'm just not willing to risk bricking two relatively new 1060s with that softmod. I suppose I could test it on my old 960, though…

Nigger, what the fuck are you talking about? You add something to the config file so the card doesn't realize it's running in a VM. That's it.

Its not a softmod if you read the article and knew what you were talking about. You literally go into your virtual machine with sudo virsh edit and change a few lines of code. Learn your shit faggot or actually read what someone links you to.

I tried changing that XML and at least under QEMU + KVM I still get Error 43 on the 1060s. I don't think that's the softmod method.

stay classy nerds

pretty much. linux on the desktop is a fuckin hobby

Yeah I know. I guess I shouldn't expect everyone on this board to have basic reading comprehension. That was my mistake.

So both cards are passthrough and its an issue on the Windows? If that is the case changing the to have that vendor_id state you should be fine.

What are you on about?

I am going to write a fucking guide on GPU Passthrough because someone has to do the dirty work.

>So both cards are passthrough and its an issue on the Windows? If that is the case changing the to have that vendor_id state you should be fine.
Yeah my goal with that particular machine is to have a single box running two VMs each with their own 1060. For LAN parties to cut down on space, and allow me to not only have 2 clients to play on but some other VMs for game servers.

Since I'm at the shop right now I only have access to my spare box with the the 960… but it's an i5 6600k with on-die GPU so I'm going to give this a test run with this setup right now. I'll try to report back if I have any success

Also FWIW rollin Slackware 14.2, and I compiled QEMU, libvert, spice, etc etc etc using the Slackbuids scripts. Aside from the dependency hell it wasn't terrible. Well, except for the Error 43 but we're trying to fix that now!

forum.level1techs.com/t/play-games-in-windows-on-linux-pci-passthrough-quick-guide/108981

This was how I learned how to do my first passthrough and other than having to get a new acs-patch (which will be linked below) it holds up pretty well.

aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/?h=linux-vfio Right click and save it as a .patch file.

Cool thanks! Here's where I'm at now: with the monitor plugged into the onboard HDMI I get no video (it is enabled in BIOS).

Gonna try getting the libvirt.conf setup again. Then look into possibly adding a modprobe blacklist entry or something to try to get the onboard GPU as the "main" one for Slack. Will "NVIDIA Corporation" work for the vendor_id?

haha, oh wow

Its retarded but it works I am rewriting a new guide in order to have it more usable.

You can just copy and paste whatever is in the hyper v that is listed in that arch wiki post from earlier. Worse case try the other two options given below.

Uhm… is it supposed to be the vendor_id of the actual device installed or is it supposed to be literally the word 'whatever' like they show?

>

No you literally just go into your virtual machine file and under the hyper v section just copy and paste

I will dump my XML file for reference.

" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
win10
881a4737-922f-4026-b981-7c1fb8ac3161

hvm
/usr/share/OVMF/OVMF_CODE.fd
/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/nvram/win10_VARS.fd

Also make sure to have that " rel="nofollow" target="_blank">libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'> as the first line, I think that could be your issue as well.

Is that clone stable enough? And am I able to play in LAN with other people that have the original game?

Ok the 'whatever' part threw me off. Also my libvirt.conf didn't have a block so I added that too. I'm not expecting a blue screen or kernel panic when I start QEMU since Slack is currently using the 960. That part is bugging me.

*not/now

I'm actually expecting something to break since it's now trying to pass the PCIe device the host is currently using.

if you can still use the GPU's on Linux then you didn't pass them through right. If they were passed through you would only be able to use your integrated GPU or whatever card isn't passed through.

This will be for Debian Stretch

GUIDE ON HOW TO RUN GNU/LINUX AND GET VIDYA AT THE SAME TIME

Requirements: Two Monitors, Keyboard, Two Mice, Motherboard with VT-D support, i7 with VT-D/AMD Equivalent before Ryzen (i5 maybe but it will kind of be shit & Ryzen is not there yet but you can try), Integrated Graphics + GPU or Two GPU's, Windows ISO, Synergy, and Autism.

I know Windows 10 works but Windows 7 works but its more of a pain. The only bug I have found is that I have to restart my machine and then switch to ich6 audio before then switching it back to ich9 once the machine starts and then stops.

cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-cd/debian-9.2.0-amd64-netinst.iso
rufus.akeo.ie/

IF YOU NEED THE ACS PATCH PAY ATTENTION

>Go to aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/?h=linux-vfio right click add-acs-overrides.patch and save it

> Type in patch -p1 <

vfio
vfio_iommu_type1
vfio_pci
vfio_virqfd

then save

>Download these drivers for your VM but keep them as an iso fedorapeople.org/groups/virt/virtio-win/direct-downloads/latest-virtio/virtio-win.iso

>Change first line from to " rel="nofollow" target="_blank">libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>

>In you need to add in the middle

inbetween and

>Download this ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/o/openssl/libssl1.0.0_1.0.1t-1 deb8u6_amd64.deb and sudo dpkg -i to get synergy to work properly on debian

and it should work if you restart the program

Yeah I get that… I'm actually at work messing around with this using a 960. BIOS is set to initialize the on-board GPU but seems to be ignoring that option when I seat the 960. I do not see any jumpers on the motherboard that appear to be an override for that.

I'm about to pop in a piece of shit GTX 210 next to the 960 to see if that initializes at boot.

What motherboard are you using? Also do you have VT-D enabled?

Asus Z170-AR, and yes VT-D is setup. I built two of these with i5 6600Ks OC'd to 4.5GHz. I'm wondering if this a bug in the BIOS… I've now got BIOS set back to PCIE instead of IGFX (no clue what PEG does) and nothing displays out the GTX 210, however Slackware sees it just fine with lspci…

I have gotten Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian Stretch, and a few other distros to passthrough but Slackware has not been one of them. What are your Grub settings, did you add the iommu stuff etc?

Read the fuckin manual instead of expecting to get spoonfed on someone's free time, nigger.

Has anyone by any chance managed to run Brigador on Linux on a 4th generation Intel iGPU, or specifically an X200? I keep getting GPU hangs when the game tries to display any 3D models and nothing I try fixes it.

So now the argument has changed to GOOD games because Linux has at least 3000 games on Steam alone now? Get the fuck out. Free OS's will prevail and there's nothing you proprietarycucks can do about it besides bitch and moan and shitpost like the pathetic faggots you are.

Default for Slack is LILO not GRUB, but I don't think that's it… At least for now at work the issue seems to be hardware related, and this might indeed be the same problem I'm having at home. For whatever reason, non-same GPUs are ignored. I have no idea what is determining this, and I'm considering bringing this 960 home to see if the 1060s override it as well.

Anyway, the help/suggestions were appreciated!

I'm trying to make this work following these posts, but I'm getting difficulties somewhere around here.

I put my GPU id into grub config, save/update it, reboot, and amdgpu simply refuses to yield itself over to vfio drivers. The audio device/controller is good, but VGA just won't switch to vfio in kernel. Help me please I'm dumb and new.

Give me what your grub looks like and your lspci -nn

No, actually, it doesn't. This is why BSD fags love to chime in every time the GPL is mentioned, because they're cucks that want everyone to be like them.

Akshually…

Go ahead nigger lover point out the cuck. Do it. That's the most common BSD license. None of you fucking kikey GPL faggots can point out the cuck because there is none.

No one is forcing you to release your code, either. Everyone here knows you don't even code, too. This is why ANTIFA and you Commie Jew faggots and trannies are LOSING and we are winning BIGLY.

any retards guide to install Mechwarrior Living Legends in mint cinnamon?

Recently got to configuring my Mint partition. I'm pleasantly surprised at how far Wine got to. Last I installed it, I was barely able to play Mafia, but now I'm able to play Torchlight 2, all those infinity looking games, and even Euro Truck Sim 2.

fucking mods being lazy

You can set the Windows version using winecfg. But since ~wine 1.6 days I had problems running the game too so you might just try to run the original x68k version in MAME instead.

Here's an archive with the x68k BIOS and the last x68k revision of the game: my.mixtape.moe/pumwmt.tar
It should run with any of the last few MAME versions (this is from the 0.188 romset).

I actually prefer the Windows version. I like the fact that it runs at a higher frame rate than the X86000 version; the faster speed is more thrilling.

Here are the choices on current wine stable versions. You can't select below WinXP. What do?

All that setting even does is change the Windows version string. It's pretty worthless.

Nigger what are you doing?

pssst, hey lurk moar
Seriously though, where do you think we are? You should already know how to do this.

try staging.

It should be about the same as
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=35295

That's weird. Did you play on a modded server before? My config and some other things gets screwed up often after playing on those.

Why people even use BSD when MIT exists?

All the games I wnat to play are ethier comming out for linux or are wine compatible. Most games are pale imitations with fancier graphics and vapid weak storytelling. there is very little I can see as wanting to play in the future on a "windows" machine. Hell I got sim city 4 neverwinter nights 1 and 2 and all the emulation i could ever want or desire. Everything works with minimal configuration. The most hell I ever went through was one game where i forgot to enable cmst like a fool. There was a learning curve but once i got passed that There is very little configuration i have to do for any vidya. Usally its just scripts that you run do some minor configuration and off you go. Small price to pay for not being part of a botnet.

For FreeBSD it's tradition. Open/NetBSD uses MIT and ISC too.

You should change the title of the thread to /pcmgeg/ - Purposely crippling my gaming experience General

What exactly is being crippled? not playing the latest shiny DLC triple aaa shit? Is that what your going to tell me is worth playing?

six million hours in mspaint

People shit on crappy AAA games until Linux comes up, when they're paraded as some essential thing Linux doesn't have. Either a chunk of Holla Forums is hypocrites or we have some very dedicated (((Microsoft))) shills who wait around for Linux threads.

Is it me or is Lutris kind of abandoned? They promised GOG and Humblebundle integration some time ago, but haven't seen anything since.

I know, right?

I want to play witcher 3 and im considering vming win 7 just do it. Literally the only game i would actully consider vming for.

the most fun I have had lately with a game has been xcom and that shit is in linux natively. My only bug in the game is rarely like 1/60 missions during the start of tactical it crashes. and on every start i have to go fullscreen/windowed fullscreen because the game in fullscreen windowed has a minor graphical issue. Minor issues. but a fully functional game. Im willing to pay for games that release on linux and xcom is so delightful. Im like Meh. I have restarted it once already cause i did crappy with my buildings. Didnt really care cause i love the game so much xD.I doubt i would have this much fun with a windows only game at this point.

nice

here is a pastebin of the guide with changes to make it easier.

pastebin.com/rUtwBQSj

Hey Slackanon from the other day. I reset the BIOS on this spare machine, set the graphics to PCIE (still unsure what PEG does). I took the 960 out and got my GUI back up using the 210.

Next I shut it down, and reseated the 960. Boot it back up, and no video output from the 210 again. I swear it seems like something in the 960 (and my 1060s at home) is telling the BIOS to fuck off about the other video cards. Of course switching the HDMI from 210 to the 960 video works fine, and again both the 210 and 960 show up in lspci.

What is causing all the other video cards to bend over and take a dick from the most powerful one in the machine?

i'd love for aaa to be on linux just to have the option, even though i won't ever play any of them.

Would it be possible to run two cards in SLI for a 4k monitor, but then disable SLI to run a single card for a 1920x1080 monitor? This is for running a mix of older and newer games. It feels wasteful to play games from 2004 with a 4k monitor and dual GTX 1080s.

You will install windows 10. You will comply. Resistance is futile.

Does 1080p look like shit on 4k like 480p does upscaled to 1080p?

To my knowledge some monitors support 1:4 scaling depending on what "4k" you have it should be exactly 4 times larger then 1080p and because of that scale pretty good

That tux penguin is very cute/silly.

OpenRA - Dune 2000 first, then will replay RA and Tiberian Sun

Are you playing original XCOM or Open XCOM?

pls survive, flourish FOSS LINUX GAMING!!!

true but a fucking ton better than windows or apple.
avoid systemd for slightly better results.
nothing is safe, only safer.

apple and windows are just handing your data over. your system has to be compromised to do the same things apple/windows does automatically.

Transport Tycoon, DOOM and other source-ported games made me think on how many games from the DOS era could have aged much better if they were open source.
What are some other good open-source adaptions of DOS games? How hard would it be and how long could it take to reverse engineer a DOS Game?

I'm pretty sure all the emulators on your phone were developed on Linux, user.

See osgameclones.com or browse some Linux websites. >>>/lv/ has some decent stuff but it's mostly dead.
Depends on the DOS game, how autistic you are, and your experience with reverse engineering

got good life linux, a devuan distro running
feels like it runs hotline miami and stardew valley quicker than linux mint

Running Hotline MiamilibGL error: unable to load driver: radeonsi_dri.solibGL error: driver pointer missinglibGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsilibGL error: unable to load driver: radeonsi_dri.solibGL error: driver pointer missinglibGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsilibGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.solibGL error: failed to load driver: swrastlibGL error: unable to load driver: radeonsi_dri.solibGL error: driver pointer missinglibGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsilibGL error: unable to load driver: radeonsi_dri.solibGL error: driver pointer missinglibGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsilibGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.solibGL error: failed to load driver: swrastX Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) Major opcode of failed request: 156 (GLX) Minor opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GLXCreateContext) Value in failed request: 0x0 Serial number of failed request: 45 Current serial number in output stream: 46
What did it mean by this?

Why does Japan giving little girl characters attractive traits like thick luscious thighs?

Because.

I did the same thing a few weeks ago

shit tier battery life, probably because of keeping the battery at 100%

I wanna play Cataclysm DDA on Linux Mint, but I can't get it to work properly. You have to compile it yourself from the resources they provide, and that works find but I can't get the options to allow tilesets to work.

>People shit on crappy AAA games until Linux comes up, when they're paraded as some essential thing Linux doesn't have. Either a chunk of Holla Forums is hypocrites or we have some very dedicated (((Microsoft))) shills who wait around for Linux threads.
The meme is
but the game I want to play is Divinity: Original Sin 2.

What are some fun native linux games that just werk?

I'm glad that Cuphead (at least the GOG version) runs great with WINE without having to tweak it, but I can't get my PS3 controller to work via WINE. Do you goyim know about something that I could try? Pic very related

>Risk of FUCKING Rain
Almost every one of those games are available in DRM-Free format (just installers), so even if you don't like Steam you can play them

Pretty much anything open source.

Fucking this. Everytime I see a conversation about gaming on Linux it's shit like "Asshole's Screech and other garbage Ubishit games won't run on your OS, cuck!"
Then those people will talk about how boring Wildlands is or how fucked up the next asscreed is. How cucked must you be to suck Microsoft's dick so hard you would shill Ubisoft? Dunno, but I've witnessed it IRL after talking about using Linux for work (which is worth a thread of its own, fucking christ).

read the thread, someone already asked this and another user gave a possible solution (I mean, if he got his 3ds to work, I don't see why your ds3 wouldn't)

anyone knows how to disable the color pallete in Custom Maid 2 3D?
for some strange reason it crashes the game every time it tries to appear

You're right user, thanks for pointing it out and sorry about that.
I tried DumbXInput and Xbox360ce within Lutris, it worked wonders for my Madcatz PS3 Fightpad

Blue Revolver

I remember watching a video about the game and thinking "damn it looks fun", but I never thought that Blue Revolver could have Native Loonix support. Thanks for bringing it up, user.

Has anyone tried x86 asm here?

see
Thanks for the rest.

It can't find your driver libaries. Add the location of them to your PATH. Install them if they are missing.

Oh, and if you are using steam, don't use its bundled libaries, use your native libaries.

What can I play on my Talos workstation when I get one?

UE4 and any game that you can compile the source for.

Binaries are out without x86 emulation. Anything else, go for it.

Anyone on an X200 or other computer with a 4th gen iGPU able to try running this game and tell me if you get a GPU hang when you go into either Campaign>Loadout or Freelance>Vehicle? I really want to get this working but the devs are small and busy and it'll be ages before anyone checks my bug report on freedesktop.org. Yes this is a Linux version of the game.

mega.nz/#!orgg2KiD!_UOI-hE7lDBqlMUEtcuoEcja1exSJcrAzsF9hrV3zps

Anyone else is free to grab it too, it's fun.

That's just the Sifr theme.

kys faggot

You actually played that shit?

mfw i probs just replied to bait

ackckshually for lithium batteries lower charge levels is what makes the battery wear quicker.

When will this meme die? How many decades until we get glass batteries, or even potassium ion ones?

why? just install windows if you want to play games for children

why when there's been no good PC games in 10 years?

Does anyone have any tips on how to improve performance with PSX emulation in Mednafen? The SDL audio driver somewhat works and is the fastest, but I get popping at times and slowdowns here and there.

JACK works too, but emulation is even slower, pretty much unplayable. Using ALSA, there is no sound at all.

PS3 controller works out of the box for me with any game through wine. But I'm using Artix so maybe that's why.

Not linux but Holla Forums is slow. Ever since installing a HDD alongside my SSD, wandows 7 takes forever to shutdown. It's a brand new HDD, not fragmented. Should have bought another SSD, hate HDDS.

I want to play gaemu on a microkernel

Install gentoo

Fag using Poetterware here
It does suck and it can't be replaced too soon, but Fedora and Debian are fucking great regardless

Games: Dota 2 and Talos Principle in Steam, OpenRA and Xonotic outside.

Also StarCraft 2 and Doom 2016 on Wine.

fugg my packages (debian/apt) are all fucked and it's trying to get rid of everything that works but before it does that it tries to install more shit that somehow conflicts with another library, holy fuck what a piece of shit

Unrelated, but how's the build quality of Madcatz Fightpads? I play all my fightans on stick but was looking for a nice digital pad for emulation, am I better off just pad hacking a SNES controller?

Gonna try this
genode.org/documentation/release-notes/16.08#VirtualBox_4_on_top_of_the_Muen_separation_kernel

Hipster microkernel > BSD > Finnish-systemd Unix

Uninstall Windows

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Why is there no good sound setup for GNU/Linux yet in currentyear?

Deuvean is your friend if you want poetterware-less debian.

user, you might've fucked too hard with your /etc/apt/soucres.list. What did you do to it? What versian of debian are you using?

debian testing, but i switched back between two libraries ibglvnd0 and ibglvnd0-nvidia to get around the broken packages and upgraded. But now there's a stupid fucking bug that isn't getting resolved yet because it's found just recently.

mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg1556813.html

it fucking sucks too, i have to use firefox to watch videos and everything looks like ass

That's why you're supposed use manjaro/arch for bleeding edge shit. Mind posting your sources.list?
I once had a similar problem when I used multiple versions of debian on my sources.list, had to reinstall

#TORdeb tor+vwakviie2ienjx6t.onion/debian testing main contrib non-freedeb tor+vwakviie2ienjx6t.onion/debian testing-updates main contrib non-freedeb tor+sgvtcaew4bxjd7ln.onion/debian-security testing/updates main contrib non-free

I get my packages from debian's hosted tor mirror.

You're going to have to wait till it's patched m8, sorry.

I'd tell you to uninstall Linux, but Linux is a festering cancer that refuses to be removed, and infects everything it touches with an even more cancerous licensing scheme created by a hypocrite who made his fortune on proprietary software.

yeah thought so, it was so smooth until this point. I haven't updated/upgraded two of my laptops and my single board definitely need to upgrade that one, that's been rotting on wheezy, i think to newer versions of debian, have to postpone until then.

But I dualboot for gaymes.

i fixed it by installing libglvnd0 linstead of ibglvnd0-nvidia
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=876220

but in the process before that i nuked everything that depending on whatever graphics-related libraries like mpv, krita, mame, blender, quakespasm
i hate this

just use AntiMicro

How's Artix, user? What made you use it instead of more mainstream options?

I bought that Madcatz loooong ago when stores in my country were trying to get rid of them. I bought mine for 15 USD approx, and for that price is a very good 2D gaing controller. Now they've been scalped to hell. You'd be better off buying:
The Hori Pokken Controller for WiiU was also great before it also got scalped to hell.

I've been looking at some sticks, as I never owned one. Do you have a good recommendation for a begginer? Also, does anybody know more cheap and good 2D oriented controllers?

Did they scalp the pikachu design or all both the pikachu and standard designs in general?
Glad I brought it, I was thinking of making it work on linux but I don't really have a clue other than whipping out Antimicro.

Also, sticks as in arcade sticks? Then ask away in detail or no detail in the fighting games general thread.

Not that user but I find artix to be in a good spot since it works on getting alternative init systems out there without having to juggle around with upstream stuff like manjaro had to while still remaining close to arch so that many of the resources still apply to it.
Haven't had a single problem so far that I could pin on artix specifically other than the migration guide being fucked up at the moment.

Alright so what games can I run on a sempron 2600+ (k8 era 1.6ghz single core 32 bit amd cpu) that can only do software raster?
Bonus points if I don't have to start X.
t. shitposting through links on graphical mode.

No systemd is all. I use to use Manjaro OpenRC but that turned into Artix as they wanted more control over packages and all that. So far I've not ran into a single problem.

I used that twice. Nothing went wrong in my case.

DEEPEST LORE

Emulation within your toaster limits, maybe.

I did
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_dri.so /usr/bin/radeon_dri.so
but that still didn't work, same error.

HeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHe

Make it brown and you have Glonda

So I started a NES emulator and the sempron 2600+ overheated and died. No apparent damage, I'll clean the heatsink and install new thermal paste.

What Linux would run best on my toaster?

Xubuntu

Performance isn't affected as much as by your distro, if you're getting lag while not doing anything, that's the DE's fault, not the distro itself. i3 and any other tiling wm are super light weight, but are a bit tricky to use if you aren't used to them. lxde is great if you're used to guis, so long as you stay away from gnome and other de's with high requirements, you should be fine.

factorio, rimworld, KSP

war thunder also has a linux native client that works well if you feel like grinding the exact same 3 missions over and over again for months until you quit out of boredom.

Looks like a case for a pick-and-choose style distro that doesn't come with much running by default though those can be a bitch for anyone new.
Using a light weight DE should make the biggest difference though.

Something does not sound right with that. Browsing some quick info the sempron 2600+ is a mobile AMD cpu released on July 28, 2004. If that is your CPU. Running a NES emulator should be a doable task for a 2004 era machine\laptop. I had a windows98 era and pentium4 desktop running SNES and Genesis emulator, so something definitely sounds it went wonky.

I'm using Good Life Linux a Devuan distro, it runs on LXDE, pretty nice performance compared to mint

you could have a gay emulator or whatever you're using that only uses one sound plugin or whatever they are called, like how firefox only uses pulse audio and not alsa

what NES emulator?

is the new kernel boot option supposed to be "intel_iommu=on" or "iommu=soft"? setting stuff up on a third PC with two different graphics card, and QEMU is bitching about the host not supporting pci passthrough, but it does…

FWIW i have it working with similar enough hardware using the latter "iommu=soft" in my LILO append line

I've got debian with the default poetterware on it, wat do then?

ok, what does et need, or what does the environment need

I'm not completely sure, pastebin.com/9MhM2Sg4 has the output from running it in the terminal. Taking a glance at it, it seems sound init failed because it couldn't find /dev/dsp:
------- sound initialization -------/dev/dsp: Input/output errorCould not mmap /dev/dsp------------------------------------Sound memory manager startedSys_LoadDll(/home/airbouy/.etwolf/etmain/ui.mp.i386.so)...Sys_LoadDll(/home/airbouy/.etwolf/etmain/ui.mp.i386.so) failed:"/home/airbouy/.etwolf/etmain/ui.mp.i386.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"Sys_LoadDll(/usr/local/games/enemy-territory/etmain/ui.mp.i386.so)... okSys_LoadDll(ui) found **vmMain** at 0xe8e66f40 Sys_LoadDll(ui) succeeded!

Problem solved:
devuan.org/

(me)
Does it think I have OSS installed? wat do?

Mostly depends on the Desktop Environment (DE) rather than the distro itself. If you're new into Linux, consider options like:

Has anyone found a way to replace the microcode with an open source alternative at all?

wait, are you running a 64 bit OS?

Yes, but the game is 32 bit.

are you even running multilib?

sorry I didn't respond sooner before, been doing laundry cooking and eating said cooking while watching talespin and waiting on laundry

this specificly indicates to me that you lack ui.mp for i386, or something along those lines

I ran into similar problems with the gog version of Hotline Miami for linux
you need to run the command in the terminal apt search ui.mp or possibly apt search ui and find an appropriate library

the i386 indicates its the 32bit version and you ignore the so because thats irrelevant to the search

here are some notes from when I had to install hotline, NOT edited for your ease of use
#!/bin/bashsudo dpkg --add-architecture i386;sudo apt update;#libgl1-mesa allows for execution of 32 bitsudo apt install -y libgl1:i386 libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 libtxc-dxtn0:i386 libxrandr2:i386 libxi6:i386 libvorbis0a:i386 libvorbisfile3:i386 libcggl:i386 libasound2-plugins:i386;#sudo apt install -y libasound2:i386;#sudo apt install -y libasound-dev:i386;
that's all the shit I had to install on mint 18.2, you're probably going to have to feel out what libraries you need by openign a terminal, starting the game, and seeign what is missing when it doesn't ruin

jsut for fun Good Life Linux#!/bin/bashsudo dpkg --add-architecture i386;sudo apt-get update;#sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-swx11:i386;#libgl1-mesa allows for execution of 32 bitsudo apt-get install libglu1-mesa:i386;sudo apt-get install libxrandr2:i386;sudo apt-get install libXi6:i386;sudo apt-get install libfontconfig1:i386;sudo apt-get install libopenal1:i386;sudo apt-get install libvorbisfile3:i386;sudo apt-get install libcggl:i386;#sudo apt-get install libx11-xcb1:i386;#libglu1-mesa:i386#libglu1:i386#libglu1:i386

also notice that :i386 MUST be added on the end of 32 bit libraries

can you elaborate on that man, I can get just about anything running but I usually have to grasp in the dark until I get it

Yeah

user, you're misunderstanding, hotline is a completely different problem, and that one is 64 bit but doesn't run at all; et is the 32 bit program that runs but has no audio.

hotline is 32 bit and I have to install libs to get audio after video libs work

and to illustrate here is that line from mintsudo apt install -y libgl1:i386 libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 libtxc-dxtn0:i386 libxrandr2:i386 libxi6:i386 libvorbis0a:i386 libvorbisfile3:i386 libcggl:i386 libasound2-plugins:i386;
"libgl1:i386 libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 libtxc-dxtn0:i386 libxrandr2:i386 libxi6:i386" are video libraries, maybe not mesa, and "libvorbis0a:i386 libvorbisfile3:i386 libcggl:i386 libasound2-plugins:i386" are audio libraries

What a shame.

I've been trying to install openxcom on Fedora 26 from the repo linked on project's site, but dnf says it can't find the package. Repo itself seems to work fine. What could be the problem?

detail the steps you take in installing openxcom from searching for the site

I found this repo: copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/evgenyz/openxcom/
Used "quick enable command" from sidebar (dnf copr enable evgenyz/openxcom), checked if .repo file was in yum.repos.d (it was), then just ran dnf install openxcom.

wowit'sfuckingnothing.xcf

32bit libs my man. You're probably trying to run a game that uses mp3 or ogg, this means you gotta install the 32-bit version of those libs.

Well, in case of 32-bit programs. You get the drill.

pls respond

Brigador devs seem to be pretty cool. You might want to try and contact them on Steam discussions, they are pretty active and helpful there.
In the meantime, try looking at some vehicle or weapon entries in Acquisitions, I feel like your problem might come from rendering the actual animated in-game sprites.

I only know how to get it working in Slackware 14.2 using Alien Bob's packages found here:

slackware.com/~alien/multilib/

Maybe you can install .txz packages, but even if not you can seethe latest version libraries you need to install to get 32bit compatibility aka multilib,

Was considering trying to get something running on my Memepad T420 with Debian. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know if Bully might work with WINE or whatever? I know it's gonna be glitchy as hell because it's a shit port, but does it run okay?

It also happens in Acquisitions, any time the game attempts to display a 3D model the GPU hangs. It also happens if I use the dev console to directly load a level without having to go through a loadout menu. I've told the devs about the issue and gave them a a dump file the game made when it crashed the same way in Wine. But they've not gotten back to me yet and it's possibly not a problem with the game anyway but DRI or Mesa on Linux. I also submitted a report to freedesktop.org but considering the issue is about a game and on old ass hardware it's obviously very low priority.

I was hoping someone else with an X200 or other 4th gen Intel iGPU laptop could try running the game to see if they get the same problem so I can confirm it's hardware or DRI/MESA related.

i have an x200.

Well if you could grab the game from the link here: and try running it that would be peachy.

It crashes at the same moment you described.

Alright, thanks.

Just check out the wineDB, according to that you have a 50/50 chance of it sucking or being pretty good depending on wherever you have the steam version or one good CD build

ah yeah thanks

is your OS 64bit?

scratch the 64 bit question, I'm assuming you installed the 64 bit version if you are running it

do you have that and did you follow the instructions

How are the Nvidia drivers on Linux?

they're ok

Meh, Bill made his intentions crystal clear even in the beginning, not sure why you'd call him a hypocrite. It is cancerous though, good to see you realize that. :^)

Yeah, it's 64 bit.

Before I throw the resource files into the mix I have to actually install the engine, which is what I'm having trouble with. But yeah, I've got the resources.

Butthurt BSDrone that Stallman's license is more popular than his cucked one.

shit from what I hear, but functional shit

works on my machine.png

so I've just found out nearly all Total War games ended up being ported to linux
anyone around can attest if they play well? if so, with which drivers too?
plus bonus user points if we can find some pirated native releases

Huh? I've been playing Civ5 the last couple of days, because Steam didn't have linux version of Shogun 2…

honestly man I'm not sure what to tell you, I would have to install it and run through the process to check every little thing you need to do and I'm too busy for that this weekend

try the share thread

this

well did you check it now? at least they have that steam os icon

Fucking hell fuck. Mount and blade is testing my nerves. If I alt tab, the game might freeze and between scene changes it might freeze the whole system.

What DE are you using?

Xfce

Why does Darkest Hour freeze and why does it take forever to load the game? Did I miss something from the App database? Wine seems more trabble than worth.

And what's a good system dick free distro thats as easy as Ubantu? Don't really care to tinker with the ins and outs of linux, I just want a web browsing distro.

Devuan is good from what I hear.

I remember I wanted to install cinnamon but it would fail every single time and when I just installed the default DE, I couldn't do anything, I was the administrator and I had no privileges I couldn't install shit. Tried to give permission rights but it was a total fail, this was a long time ago, maybe it's fixed now.

The torrent's 16 gb, why can't I just download the iso?

I hear Devuan is pretty easy going, artix as well as void also offer premade images that might fit what you want though make no mistake the latter two focus on DIY a lot. I suggest you just grab all the images you find interesting and fire them up in virtualbox.

I got the Devuan distro Good Life Linux running nice a couple weeks ago, got it running hotline miami and Stardew Valley after installing the 32 Bit libraries.
You have to hit the default check box on the Ethernet adapter to make it on every time you boot and it comes bare bones so you have to install Firefox or Iceweasel with the following command sudo apt-get update -y && sudo apt-get install iceweasel but if all you want it for is web browsing this will do it great for you, I think its comfy

oh and I was using 64 bit LXDE
sourceforge.net/projects/good-life-linux/?source=navbar