God Eater 3

nichegamer.com/2017/10/07/god-eater-3-officially-announced/
What do you want to see in the third game?

The Devour system in Resurrection really set this game apart from all the other hunting games in the genre. It gave you multiple ways to keep your burst up, gain meter/ammo, and movement options. Despite the Blood Artes in Rage Burst 2 giving you plenty of new moves, the gameplay was still slowed down due to the way you have to devour enemies. That is until you enter rage mode. I think a combination of both mechanics would really make the gameplay great and that's what I hope they do with the third game.

Also wouldn't hurt to see at least 2 new weapons types and if Go Shiina came back to do the soundtrack.

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2017/10/god-eater-3-enemies-devour-player-become-stronger
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well, with MHW looking like complete shit this is their chance to make a real name for the franchise. It will have denuvo if there's even a PC version, won't have any real improvments to the gameplay and the story will still be completely fucking retarded.

How? It’s horrible just like the game it rips off. Slapping an anime look on it doesn’t make it not shit.

For it to be Toukiden

Better gameplay
less annoying party members
more interesting party members
less waifu shit

for me to play god eater again they would have to revamp their entire weapon system.
theirs is just too fucking shallow and unrewarding to master.
Also divide the blade and gunner players once and for all instead of doing this shitty jack of all trades thing they do.

Uh oh, user, you are now a goon!
Not liking generic weebshit makes you the goonest of goons

Goon spotted.

Fuck off back to Holla Forums.

God Eater 3 needs more weapons for sure, maybe a less autistic story too. The devouring thing was novel but annoyingly slow. There's nothing wrong with waifu stuff but they could have been better. More build variety would be nice too along with expanded movesets and weapon mechanics.

Monhun World (almost) exists you know.
Other clones are not needed anymore.
They never were really.

MH is great but it's only a matter of time until capcom fucks it up. There's room for similar but different games I think

user I think you need to learn.

Clones seem like a far better option than the casual mess MonHun World is turning out to be.

I thought this was GOD HAND for a second and I wanted to fuckibg scream in anger.

If capcom dosent fuck MHW up and the game explodes in popularity, god eater along with all the rest of the MH clones are all as good as dead.

Monster Hunter is starting to bore me. The games don't get fun until G rank for me because that's when they actually become threatening par a few hunts like the gold and silver duo.

I like God Eater's bullet customization and devour system. The weapons may not feel as satisfying but they're a little more free form than MH weapons. The AI partners aren't so bad and the plot is so bad it's good at times so at least it's entertaining unlike Monster Hunter's plot though no one plays that for the plot. I also like the setting and a lot of the clothing you get too.

The main thing that I think these games need is stuff to compliment the hunting. Like in MH you can gather material and make stuff on the fly. I think these games need something for the player to do on the side.

I want to see the third game be a photoshop joke and not fucking exist because of how atrocious the first one was.

Doesnt your stomach hurt when you swallow the hook like that?

I agree that stuff to do aside from hunting would be nice, but one of the things I hated about MH was how I had to mine, fish, collect bugs, and other monotonous shit for at least an hour to be prepared for a single try at my next hunt, which would likely go south due to the fucked up hit boxes. GE was like a breath of fresh air in that I could just buy healing items with a fraction of my earnings from the hunt that just ended and be out the gate again within seconds. It's designed to keep you in the hunt, not scraping moss off walls for half an hour to be able to make 1 healing item.

I like the fact that god eater doesn't waste time with gathering and "hunting", having to fish and run around the map to find the monster and shit in monster hunter isn't what I play for. I just want to fight monsters man. To each their own though

This user gets it despite the hyperbole

just play monster hunter, god why do you people need kawaii uuguushit faces on everything.

I personally felt that combat was too "floaty" with attacks rarely carrying enough weight behind them, also, the bullet system made sense in theory but, in practice, it felt like there were only two or three specific styles of bullet that were useful - the limited number of actions per bullet meant that a lot of the times I felt like I was sacrificing DPS for style.

Give combat more weight and give bullets a reason to spin, curve and zig-zag all over the place while shitting out special effects without tanking their damage through the floor, then I'll be happy.

t. goon

I've only played Resurrection and Rage Burst 2. What was so bad about the original?

The fact you need to grab an ability to make mining and such less tedious and time consuming is lame though you start off with it and can use Gathering armor easily into high-rank if you play well. While gathering is necessary at times, it's never actually fun and feels more like work. Same goes for fishing and mining.

Most of us have. MH has just been getting easier and easier as time goes on because they're giving the hunters more abilities and ways to take down monsters while not actually making the monsters much more threatening. The better AI and virus status effect does help but I'm not feeling challenged until G rank. God Eater starts throwing much harder fights at you sooner than later. Not only that but the gameplay mechanics for actually fighting are totally different.

I don't even know where you got the idea it was the art style that people play these games for.

By HR in later gens you should just be buying everything or using the autofarm anyway, and GE's "hunts" were sub-5 minute shitfests. If you want to talk about hitboxes, look at the ouroboros' fucking spin. Instantaneous 360 degree radius shit with zero tell (like almost every attack in god eater) from something bigger than akantor. The only thing that saves monster hunter is that fights are long and monsters have complex movesets and learning the monster is half of the fight. God eater has plastic toy bullshit with three to five attacks per monster, a shit ton of recolors, and drop rates so shitty that you'll spend the same time grinding you would in MH, but not having fun at all. Shit the only good monster in the first game was the final boss of Burst, and you had to slog through three whole ranks of nothing but recolor fights to get at it.

Stop taking the worlds bait, faggots. We all know it's going to be shit.

I just hope they dont do another dub
holy shit it was evil zone awful

I was actually able to make some nice rounds after playing around with it for a bit. I think the main problem with those special rounds is the duration. If I make a round that spins, it will do around the same damage as a heavier shot but for less resources. However, the attack has to go through the whole animation for it to truly do the damage you want and at that point you might as well spam the best DPS shot you already come with. If the duration was higher, then it might actually be worth using at times.

I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. But you're not wrong about the hitboxes. Those could definitely use some work. Also I haven't found the RNG to be worse than Monster Hunter. Getting the Molten Tigrex armor took me ages compared to getting most things in God Eater. Especially when fights are much shorter and you're more likely to fight multiple monsters at a time.

Wait til you get to the burst chapters. Complete SHITSHOW grinding. I was emulating it and I reloaded the final second of a fight 70 times to get a certain item that I needed 3 of. And plastic toy bullshit refers to how monsters in monster hunter are animated and act like living things to a degree. God eater monsters are just models with some basic joints that move.

Gotcha. And holy shit that's horrifying. I've never gotten that far into the games but enjoyed what I played. Sounds like bullshit padding to make up for the lack of content.

t. butthurt nintoddlers

Exactly. G rank has none of the silly shit of low ranks with gathering and whatnot, whereas the last three chapters, which is about 50% of the game of god eater burst, has three fights with the singular new monster and a metric fuckload of recolor fights. And all this with 5% of the story content of the first 7 chapters. Just straight fucking slog through with some pages of text. And monster hunter doesn't have a rank gear progression nearly as bad as god eater does. Sure, you need good shit for end game elder dragons, but god eater is "oh, I'm in chapter 8, let's grind to upgrade all my shit to chapter 8 gear now". There are only 10 big monsters in god eater if you don't count recolors, and they're not significant enough to matter. For monster hunter some recolors are samey (see green nargacuga) and could have just been skipped except for their addition of a separate armor set but others, like stygian zinogre or ivory lagiacrus, are wildly different.

How would you fix world without just removing most of the new mechanics?

I fucking love God Eater. its the only clone whos maps and world is interesting enough to keep me engrossed enough to play it for more than a few sittings when every other hunting game failed. I just hope its a faster ressurection with more weapon moveset variety and monster variety. Thats about it.

Also let us make big titty mature characters like the director. Loli are for plebs.

what, no one posted new article?
gematsu.com/2017/10/god-eater-3-enemies-devour-player-become-stronger
The things said here are very interesting if they can pull them off

God Eater 3 is set after the events of God Eater 2: Rage Burst.

I think these are all the most interesting things that came out of that. More vertical and expansive levels sound nice but I hope they're not tedious to go through. Toukiden 2 gave you this nice super sprint and teleporting stones to make traveling not a pain in the ass and it was even useful in combat. Also going back to the pacing of GE1 is a much better idea.

I like God Eater a lot but I can't play them anymore (would come back for Alissa, maybe) because I realized that the only way to make things challenging in those games is by making giant enemies which deal mega-damage and move way too fast. Toukiden's beasts move proportionate to their size which is great, but making them so fast that they zip across the map ever other attack is just wasting my time and life.

do you think the PC version will come out the same day as console?

i don't want to pay for online

A complete lack of Denuvo.

Playable loli.

Toukiden 2 was pretty damn fun but it could have used more content for post game. It was nice that the monsters didn't have a crazy amount of health so you could constantly kill monsters back to back. That and most of the weapons were fun to use.

What hunting games even allow this? Well, except Phantasy Star 2.

toukiden 2 was fun but it is bland as fuck.

they re use assets from warriors games for armor and stuff the lazy fucks

Despite being common with the games, it doesn't mean it's a good design. It's only there to pad out the game. And to make it worse, the content you're trying to get is heavily influenced by RNG making it so you can't access something until the game decides you can have it. Things like gems in MH aren't easy to come by and, as far as I can remember, don't come as guaranteed quest rewards and can only be obtained through slaying the monster. Or how I couldn't make a certain Elder Dragon set because the horns from the monster wouldn't drop after killing it and breaking the horns 30+ times. The only reason many put up with it is because the gameplay isn't bad. But there's a point when it just turns into work and stops becoming fun.