So recently (as in the last 2 years) China for the first time in history has unbanned consoles...

So recently (as in the last 2 years) China for the first time in history has unbanned consoles. What effect will this have on the videogame industry? Modern movies live or die based on how well they do in China. Will the same become true for console games? What games do Chinese people even like? I hear the Chinks are going nuts over wanting the Switch.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_of_the_Three_Kingdoms_(video_game_series)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, chinks are tasteless

Well it's been 2 years and nothing really has changed other than a gradual decline
I guess China just prefers their own f2p games than others to be honest

The Chinks are highly nationalist, discourage race-mixing, and exploit the niggers in Africa for all they're worth

Why the fuck do they get away with it while the west doesn't?

Oh yeah, and also, if you lived in any of the coastal areas of China it was super easy to get your hands on a game console even while they were banned, they were just bought from fishermen and sailors in such a way to make it seem like a private ordeal instead of a formal retail setting

Nice meme, the chinese are exactly like kikes, in that they're racist so long as it doesn't serve them
They can go full muh opium war and Communists in general like to rewrite history so they look like the attacked party

America exploits niggers just as much as the Chinks do, its why they invented global warming. Tell Tyrone who can hardly maintain colonial infrastructure, let alone build a coal smoke stack, that in return for a hydroelectric dam generator, America will take millions worth of these "worthless" diamonds rocks and mineral rites.

China isn't Communist anymore. They were a third world country until they adopted East Asian Model Capitalism. If anything China is proof your country is destined to be shit under Communism until you finally ditch it

There's a whole lot of Chinese users on Steam actually, however they tend to keep to Chinese games on Steam of which there is a surprising amount. Not too long ago there was a shitstorm where the developers of Football Manager 2017 promised a Chinese localization of their game, and when they never got around it because of reasons, the chinks got pissed and review bombed it to at least Mostly Negative. Eventually a Chinese localization was added, but it was Google Translate-tier, so nobody was too happy about that either.

Do they know it's an underpowered dogshit with no games? Or is it that chinks don't actually like playing vidya, then it makes sense.

They still do all the terrible shit most commie regimes do, torturing and killing dissenters, organ harvesting, Fucking propaganda everywhere and massive amounts of corruption. Its so bad hong kong would rather go back to being a british colony than be a part of china.

well you know what they say, burn the coal pay the toll.

Hope you're ready for Romance of the Three Kingdoms forever because that's the only setting they know how to make.

We've talked about this.
Chinks = Ant people = Ant people games.

Hope you enjoy P2W browser game tier bullshit forever and ever.

bootlegs forever

''GRAND DAD"'?

Why do I hate China so much, the only good thing I can think of is their competent piracy teams.

But diamonds ARE worthless, they hold zero value at the national level, even heavy industry has shifted from natural to artificial diamond products due to the ease with which they can mass produce such high-grade gems. A Hydroelectric dam in exchange for diamonds would actually be an insanely good deal.

A common concept in many Asian territories, but China especially, is that "popular = good". Businesses will open right next to each other in the hopes of leeching popularity from pre-established, successful ventures, and people will queue for hours outside a mediocre bakery specifically because the queue is hours-long which must clearly mean it's product is "better".

Chinks don't want a Switch for it's games, they want it for it's popularity.

Half a billion casuals.
Also a get out of jail free card.

FLINTSTONES???

Didn't they ban any work of fiction with talking animals to stop the Chinese people from reading Animal Farm? If that law is still in effect, that means they won't be able to play like half the games for the Switch.

Anyone who seriously asks this is retarded. It's because might makes right, and that's literally all that matters. Why does USA get away with breaking agreement after agreement, violating the international law left and right, invading countries under retarded pretexts, and generally doing shit that would get anyone else firebombed into oblivion? Because there's nobody to take them down. Same with China - it can do whatever the fuck it wants because letting it get away with it is much easier than going to war or slapping sanctions on it.

Every law in existence and every single agreement out there only has any power as long as there's might backing it up. What's the difference between the laws made by Timmy's treehouse gang and the US constitution? US constitution has a big, well armed gang (called the police) that makes sure anyone who doesn't conform to it will get his ass handed to him. That's the only real difference there is. Same applies to geopolitics. All the talk about "rights" and "legality" is only there to divert from the fact that it all boils down to "Do/Don't do X or we'll beat your ass raw", and that all those "rights" are subject to change the moment the people with the big sticks feel like it.

No, they probably did it because they have really weird censor laws over spirituality and the occult, and talking with animals falls under that

Obligatory random chinese team member in every game that somehow is present in every key moment despite being practically transparent in presence

Well Tencent is buying up huge chunks of already shit western devs and making them dramatically worse with p2w lootbox horseshit, so there's that.

Aside from f2p, so far they funded a Mega Man Legends knock off that failed on kickstarter, and bought SNK and made them work on a new kof.

there are enough dynasty warrior games to fill that void for the next 20 years

I know some Chinese guys, I can answer this.
They love MMOs and MOBAs. They go crazy over LoL.

China is still communist retard.
There's just like 3 economic zones that are permitted to be SLIGHTLY less communist.

I hope everyone is ready for wukong to appear in a million more games

Except Romance games are made by japs.

I can't wait.

Nothing
Consoles are in decline and the console push isn't worth shit to them since they get computer parts for fucking nothing and they alreary the know hows unlikr the burguers or nips.

Is this bait?

No?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_of_the_Three_Kingdoms_(video_game_series)

Yes, the Chinese are anti-fag and anti-nigger, but so is Israel. What's your point?

My bad. I thought you were referring to dating sims when you said romance games, like you didn't know what the Romance of the Three Kingdoms was.