Classics

My dad once told me that something is a classic if its good 10 years after its made. What was your favourite game 10 years ago and is it still good?

Modern Warfare 2

Halo
Persona 3
Final Fantasy X-2
Cave Story
Mother 3

R8 but don't h8

Can't tell which one is the bait

Only an 00's kid will remember, you're simply too young.

I remember the airport map, fucking nostalgia.

I just came here to call your dad a ninny.

It's strawberry channel or something. Definitely has channel in the name.

This is the picture dictionaries use under the definition of Classic.

Elder Scrolls Oblivion
Morrowind
VTM:B
Don't care enough to think of any others.

Banjo-Kazooie. It's still fun to play today but the framerate is shit.

YEAH, THIS IS DJ PROFESSA KAY BABY
THE MASTER OF MAYHEM Y'KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN
BRINGIN YOU ANOTHER TOKYO UNDERGROUND PIRATE RADIO BROADCAST FROM
JET SET RADIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ninja Gaiden II on Xbox 360

no games from 2007 are my favorites

You had one fucking job, idiot.
Modern Warfare 2 came out in 2009.

CoD4: Modern Warfare

yes

Ace Combat Zero.

Who?

10 years ago isn't back very far. 2007? I remember being really into Stalker:SoC that summer when I got a new rig, so I'd have to go with that. It still holds up pretty well, even unmodded, IMHO.

10 years isn't enough for classic. Most DMVs require a vehicle to be 25 years old before it can get Classic or Historical plates, and US law considering imports is the same. Cars get a new version on a yearly basis, more frequent than most video game series. So why is the Vidya definition of classic only 10 years?

TL;DR OPs dad is an idiot.

>>>/normalfag/
go play gaylo

Tetris

Who?

well alright then gaylord, what was your favourite game 25 years ago and is it still good?

Gex, Myst, Lost Eden?

Kirby's Dream Land, Metroid, Tetris
All good in their time, still playable today, and have earned themselves remakes that added modern day controls and graphics.

Classic games are all well and good, but does anyone have anymore info on these? Strawberry channel turns up nothing.

This whole thread is just bait so anons can post trash from 2007 and claim it's classic.

Original was better, not counting spies vs. mercs. At least Splinter Cell had an interesting story out of an early 00s spy paperback, Chaos Theory was about you stopping Japanese nationalists from forming an actual military and retaking rightful Korean clay. And some stupid vacuum-tube computer that creates encryption algorithms that can hack any machine on earth or some shit.

Go play some telltale games

Sam Fisher also looks retarded in CT. He looks like a malnourished ghost.

I prefer the first game as well. The mission where you infiltrate CIA headquarters is amazing.

Also Kalinatek.

What is with Tom Clancy and the country Georgia? Ghost Recon also starts in Georgia.

"Classic" is something timeless, your dad is a retard.

Chaos Theory was too fucking easy and having a meter for sound as well as light meant you didn't have to do any guesswork when sneaking around and could stay one bar below ambient noise and be 100% fine. Also there are fucking radios blaring around every corner giving you cover to bounce off the walls 2 feet away from the AI. The amount of gadgets you get is also overkill, sticky cameras double as gas/decoys when in the original they were separate and ring airfoil rounds are a fucking one hit knockout no matter where you hit at close range whereas the original game required a headshot or 2 hits to KO.

Especially because you have no non-lethal weapons sans your fists until halfway through the mission and have to get close to guards to take them down. That's difficulty. When you get the F2000 it gets a little easier but trailing the data leaker wasn't easy either since shooting out lights would alert everyone.

Kalinatek was fun because it's right after you get the rifle and there's no excuse not to go full lethal.
Georgia is a nice place for the stories because it's ex-Soviet and I don't think many people are too versed in it's history or politics so it's easy to use it as a semi-blank slate.

Fantastic Dizzy.

It was released 16 years ago. Bite me.

just try the tags channel and loli you idiot

Hmm. 2007? I don't even remember 2007. 1997? Probably Resident Evil 2, if had come out by then. 1987? The Legend of Zelda, Contra, Double Dragon (Master System version).

F.E.A.R.

Super Metroid was my favorite game 10 years ago and it's still good.

I refuse to believe this.

Mario Kart Wii will soon hit the 10 year mark i think

Oldie but goodie.

Favorite 2007 game?
Four way tie between Crysis, COD4, STALKER SoC and GRAW 2.

A game published 10 years ago could be re-released without enhancements and it could still hold up. Some things will never acquire the title of classic or, dare I say, retro.

That's wrong.
True classic is timeless.
Once it's made it's classic forever.

XCOM is still good. Myth is only 20 but I went back to it like a year ago and it pushed my shit in, so I might go back again and try to git gud.

Next year

It was pretty sweet tbhfamalam

Still the best city builder, FOURTEEN YEARS later.

you'll have to face reality in about 2 years

Morrowind.
Yes.

Atari Breakout.
Yes.

Dungeon Master.

Postal 2 is the only correct answer
But I do play poker on gaming.cashcoin.net Only site I found that accepts crypto

Idk the original was pretty bad. It was pretty much a linear string of set pieces with the occasional forced action sequence thrown in. I only played Chaos Thoery a little after the bank mission and I remember the bank mission alone was better than anything in the original. I still couldn't get far into it because Thief spoiled me. Both games where more tedious than challenging. I think Pandora Tomorrow was the only one I didn't get bored at one point through but that was also before I played Thief

>Sam Fisher also looks retarded in CT. He looks like a malnourished ghost.
This is true though

Mirror's Edge. Outside of the shitty story and minor problems it's a pretty solid game with mods and stuff. Also JSR/F

this game was actually good but no internet community will ever admit it anymore because of what it spawned