Beta is out, what do you think...

Beta is out, what do you think? So far it plays like slightly better version of battlefront 2015 but still manages to be mediocre with worse maps.

So, to add tot that gameplay becomes stale and boring. The flying is horrendous, trying to be a jet whatever on the map they have in rotation right now is basically impossible. Infantry combat is just.. I don't know. It doesn't feel good. Snipers are annoying bastards, while the heavy/assault classes feel really weak.

Lootbox system is horrendous. Sure you play challenges, and unlock them, get credits to buy more lootboxes, but they give a pretty significant advantage at times. More point gain for faster Heroes, for one.

Plus, I think 90% of the player base is as brainless as a sea cucumber. They run past objectives, they provide no cover, they don't defend. All they want to do is run in, kill, and die. Half the time not even killing anything.

There's a Beta?

Why would I waste my time playing the beta when the real SWBF2's online was brought back?

this, Nu-front is for fags.

Did they fix the server browser?

It's pretty amazing that they're so dedicated to keeping the terrible overall design that killed the first game, but people are going to buy it anyway and quit after 2-3 weeks once again because of how ridiculously fucking shallow it is.

Not that any of that matters, even if it was a decent game you'd have to be a fucking retard to support any product with lootbox shit in it.

No, thanks.

I'm actually astounded these games are so shit, since all they had to do was basically make the same game they've been making for over a decade.

The server browser crash was fixed, but some people still can't join servers. Give it another try and see if your works.

i liked the first one but this one has too much downtime and that map is way too streamlined, compare that to hoth in first one's beta where map was rather long and had that nice horizontality to it, if it's their best shit then i'm not buying

*uncloaks behind u*

lol who cares?

what did they meme by this

*jumps over you*
psshhhh, score one for the empire kid

Why would I waste harddrive space on this trash?

It's such a clusterfuck. The playermodels are absolutely tiny, everything melds with the background, and the CIS Droids are the exact same shade of brown as all of the buildings on the naboo map, while clones are bright white. Also, the controls sometimes just don't work, and the game feels like there's forced aim assist. Uninstalled after 2 matches.

crashing this DICE

Watched footage of the beta, it's the same as Battlefront 1 but shiny. The combat is still a clusterfuck with zero tactics, the fighters still handle like bricks, and the so called "Cosmetic only" loot boxes contain permanent power ups.

Throw it in the trash.

Fuck off nigger

Nice try, EA. Your game is absolutely trash.

Disney must be mad at EA for not making enough games with this massive franchise and also EA trying to manage the property without consulting Disney

Hey shill, if you have any contact with the dev tell them athe following:
- Who's fucking idea was to start the in the middle of nowhere? Make the fighters launch from the carriers like in the original (read as the real Battlefront 2) game!
- Enough with the fucking pop-up! Seriously!
- 20vs20? What the fuck is this? The 80's?
- Fuck yourself for not even trying to make a good game! Faggots!

What the fuck is that helmet? It looks like a bizarre combination between a rebel pilot helmet and a Stromtrooper helmet. Or is there just a design i've never seen before here?

It1s a Tie-pilot helemt you blind fuck… however you could complain about that why would an elite commando using a fucking pilot helmet.

Yes, the diversity commando sports a TIE Pilot helmet…

Quelle surprise.

Oh fuck I didn't notice,
But seriously why the fuck is a commando using a TIE pilot helmet? Why not just use the already existing commandos…like you know the Storm Commandos.

I wish I knew user… i wish…

Were the commandos mentioned in anything that disney made? No? Then they don't exist :^)
In all honesty, main-line Star Wars is garbage, and the only redeeming part of the franchise was the expanded universe, but that doesn't exist now

Because she's a Mary Sue, who is not only an elite pilot but also a superb ground fighter.

nu starwars sure likes mary sues

This is the biggest problem with it. They've simplified their shooter formula so much that you're literally just running forward, shooting at other people until you die, then rinse, respawn, repeat. You don't even have to think about what you're doing anymore. It's incredibly boring. I stopped playing after trying out each mode 2 or 3 times, and I don't think I'll bother going back to it.
I miss the old DICE Battlefield games where you had a huge play area with capture points, a bunch of different vehicle types, and squad-based gameplay. I miss hopping into a squad with a bunch of friends, all of us choosing different classes and loadouts to perform specific roles within the squad, and then picking an objective and figuring out how we would capture and hold it. Literally all these fuckers have to do is take BF2142 and recreate it with a Star Wars skin, but they can't even be arsed to do that. Fuck DICE and fuck EA.

Game is once again boring repetitive trash.
But this time there are lootboxes in it so you can buff your characters which makes it even more unbalanced.

I bet normalfags still eat this shit right up and sales end up being good.

That's something else I forgot to mention - class progression is now completely detached from your overall level progression, and is instead tied to an Overwatch-style randomized loot crate system

Meanwhile in OG Battlefront 2's storyline you play as an entire elite squad so it makes sense that you play as many troopers with many different skills, also it's not a big deal when you die. But no, let's just make the player a single Mary Sue, that's what Star Wars is now right guize?

The gameplay feels better, they've finally added a class system.
3 yuge problems so far:
- loot boxes
- the FoV locked at 55 for the beta
- Rey Mixer is one of the heroes

Its fucking terrible, I would even dare to say its worse than 1.

You have no global map, just a shitty minimap that shows you enemies and friends but literally nothing else. No squad system and you don't get to choose where you spawn.
There are no tactics or strategy involved, its literally just call of duty where you run forward, see an enemy and shoot at him, then die and respawn.

Its incredibly boring or frustrating, the vehicles are mostly pointless since you can't see shit anyway, everything blends together.

Literally all they had to do was to take battlefield, put a star wars skin on it and call it a day

This. How could they fuck up everytime?
Speaking of Battlefield, why do people keep insisting on the idea that EA Battlefront was a reskin of Battlefield? The previous game looked and felt nothing like Battlefield.

I always found Star Wars strange that way, because most vidya adapted from films tend to be bad, but in the case of SW the vidya is the best part of the franchise.

Welp, if you like no-scope auto snipers go berserk on CQC, than this is your game for sure…

CIS has two special droid units. Super battle droid, and super battle droid with a jetpack.

So does GOG BF2 multiplayer really work with Steam mp?

Its like you ignore the problem that is Darth Maul and Boba Fett, they are so much better than Rey and Han it isn't even funny. Plus the beta only has one map which is bland, why can't they just make a battlefield battlefront game. People have been asking for that for forever.

I wish they would get rid of the chromatic aberration.

I have to admit that I haven't played a lot also apparently the cheaters are already in the beta (I got headshoted by a sniper who was behind a wall and couldn't see me).

haha nigger

The hit registry in the game is garbage. I've been killed after getting behind cover many times.

That's like closing an eye and looking through a telescope. What the fuck?

The movement is so fucking slow but Boba is really fun to play. Also the sniper class is a better assault class than the designated assault class.

…and you can't get rid of the chromatic aberration.

Boring as fuck, deleted within a hour of gameplay. And btw, who the fuck sets uninverted flight controls as the default setting? One of the stupidest things I've ever heard of.

DICE is notorious for having serious netcode issues. Getting killed behind cover has been a problem in the Battlefield franchise for years now.

It isnt as noticeable in BF1 and at the end of BF4 they greatly improved the netcode.

They've already released several patches to fix the netcode in BF1, and it's still gayer than AIDs from time to time, DICE as a whole has just been on a steady decline since BF3. I guess it's good that BF1 at least actually worked on release.

I meant to say since *after BF3. BF3 IMO was the best game they ever made, BF4 could've been great, but shit like the XM25 airburst and having like 1 million different types of lock-on missiles just kinda killed the experience for me. Really great maps though for the most part, especially in the Naval Strike DLC. BF3 was definitely the king for me though, with BC2 and BF2 in a close second followed by BF4.

Come on, BC2 is the best one.

They were both really good. I liked having jets back again though is why I said 3 was better. Atacama Desert in BC2 was my jam.

>C4 terror (i know RDX was worse in 2142)
I don't say Bf4 is any good, but atleast every shit has a counter, while in Bf3 there is one thing to top all and you fucked if you choose to use something else…

Plus Bf4 atleast brought back half of the teamplay content which amder Bf2 and 2142 great!

BF4 definitely had some good features, and had some really good weapons in it too. It just use to drive me crazy that every time I'd get in a tank or a helicopter or a jet, I'd instantly spend the entire time listening to the sound of a lock on tone, that shit would drive me crazy, plus I always thought the player models looked a lot better in 3. I put almost a thousand hours more into 4 than I did into 3 though, even despite all my gripes I had with it.

BC2, but 2142 was the best. Titan maps were my favorite thing to play.

I miss pandemic

also the only thing that really interests me about this game is the story, so probably not gonna buy it but watch a cutscene movie on jewtube

I wouldn't try it even if it was the greatest game ever made. Fuck EA.

Does anyone know why my monitor has to be unplugged and plugged back in when I'm done playing the beta? Is it because it's a beta? Is that I don't have the game ready drivers? Does my monitor/computer suck? Game plays fine, as does any other. It's fucking annoying…

its a beta so default settings are applied to your computer for optimal play. happens to me as well

Shit. Is there anything in the options that I can change, or am I hooped?

Do you mean that your screen goes black when you start the game and black again when you stop playing it? That's normal. Maybe you can pick the windowed-borderless option but the performance won't be the same.

Woah, woah you guys mean this piece of shit fucks up your pc? How can they get away with this???

Yes, that is exactly what they are saying.

Check'd

If you like the M16A3 and using Assault class 24/7

those are some sweet fuckin digits man

luckily for you it actually manages to be worse than the 2015 reboot. it's so bad that even reddit is bitching about it so I expect this game to flop

2142 was best overall. BC2 had some of the best gunplay despite some balance issues.

BF3 was when everything started going to shit. They got rid of a lot of the destructibility that was in BC2 and lowered the TTK too much

Haven't we already established that the new battlefront games are irredeemable shit?

Yes, but better be certain about that than sorry, right? We don't need faggots who get the a second thought and start to defend this piece of garbage…

What I wouldn't give for a 2143 or the like on the new engine.

It's not fucking up your pc, it just changes the resolution but it can be annoying when you alt-tab frequently.

This is console country.

I had forgotten about this game's existence until I saw this post.
Just looked up some gameplay and once again I am sad furious.
Their publishers are cucked. The developers are race traitors. But they are skilled. All these assets, animations and texturework could be used for the creation of something far superior. Something actually fun.
But no. It had to be wasted on this stale and casual fucking experience. Another game with wasted potential released for 99,99 shekels for the normalniggers to pre-order on day one.

Tied windowed-borderless. Froze when I accepted the changes. But after restarting and switching back to Full-screen and also turning most settings to medium, that worked. Closed the game after playing and was shocked that it quit normally.

Imagine, we could have game after game where you play the Empire from different perspectives, ranging from TIE pilots, to special agents, inquisitors, commandos, officers, purging the galaxy of filthy rebels and aliens, instead we have to suffer this turd. The Holocaust should have happened.

There's still no real single player skirmish either, the vs AI content is all "Challenges" to earn extra ingame currency to spend on loot boxes to use in multiplayer.

Isn't this a Commando?

The really fucking infuriating part is that all EA has done with the SW license since getting exclusive rights is shit out two watered down Battlefield games that die within three months.

I've been thinking about this very thing a lot lately. First Person Shooters are fun when the shooting/killing is only in service to a primary goal. In Tribes, it's about captureing the flag, shooting only helps accomplish that goal. In CS:GO, it's about preventing a bomb from being detonated (or rescuing hostages, if you play that mode for some reason).

Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch are just so basic and played out by now.

Nice list but you forget one, something which is praised as new feature, and the masses eat it up… microtransition with mystery boxes…

meant to

Loved all the old battlefield games with the awesome squad play and non regenerating health.

So if you are like me and are looking for the classic battlefield experience with squads and tactics with a star wars facade don't be fooled this game is more of the same garbage.

I tried a bit of the Starfighter mode, it seems way better and less arcade than the Fighter Squadron mode that they made in the previous Battlefront but I couldn't play more than 5 minutes because of the small FoV.

I agree. It's insane the amount of detail that goes into their SW game but it's wasted on basic stuff and the PC version suffers from the fact that it's made for consoles first (20 vs 20, less game modes that require to play as a team for the objective, etc). It looks nice but it's empty.
The absence of a season pass is a good thing but the game gets fucked by the micro-transactions (crates) and the crafting shit.

its a scout trooper

Really thinking about getting this one just to play space battles. I've been wanting something to replace the void in my heart left by the Rogue Squadron series.

How is the space combat? Is it any good?

i'm getting too poor for this shit

I hope you die of dick cancer.

Haha thanks my friend, such great information you give..

Looks the same to me.

You're such a cuck you'd give EA and Disney money for this shitpile. Just go play X-Wing or TIE Fighter you filthy nigger spawn.

If you must get something with space battles, how about Star Wars Battlefront 2, but the Classic 2005 one? 2+k people playing right now on Steam so it's looking good. I am almost certain Classic will have superior longevity anyway and I can say it's definitely a great game.

Just like everything else in this game, it's terrible. Also fuck you for even considering a purchase

This comment is Holla Forums in a shellnut. I love it.

We have ourselves a real genius here. Tyrone, this is a whites only board.

Oh fuck you. It's TIE Fighter Vs. X-Wing that has multiplayer you cunt. TIE Fighter is a game in of itself.

It's LOOTCRATES user, that's how the space combat is.

If you support EA at all, you're cancer.

Did they fix the servers? It's been unplayable since they announced that they were back.

My fucking sides.

Well there were a few other depictions of Storm Commandos but the most prominent one seems to be the Scout Trooper in black.
Also Dr. Pavel i'm CIA

Any future thread on this board about this game should really be called "Star Wars: Lootboxes 2"