I'm a man of means and I own a small company. How can I help the left? Should I donate to certain organizations?

I'm a man of means and I own a small company. How can I help the left? Should I donate to certain organizations?

No, I'm not going to turn my business into a co-op

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.c2.com/?PersonalChoiceElevatedToMoralImperative
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1.Donate money to aid political prisoners
2. Purchase property and create an autonomous territory/self sufficent commune for radical squatters
3. Stockpile provisions like food and guns for the inevitable insurrection
4. BURN ALL YOUR MONEY IN A PUBLIC DISPLAY AND ENCOURAGE ALL PETIT BOURGEOISIE TO DO THE SAME SO THEY CAN BE SPARED

Don't do this.

Work on automating your employees' jobs away and then sell the software to do so for a reasonable price.
It benefits you and it accelerates the collapse of capitalism.

If I had a shitload of money I would make sure I subscribe to a bunch of magazines I like, and to Patreon a bunch of people I like.

Other than that, save your money for whenever a real party or movement that you think represents your views emerges. Those are always looking for donations.

Talk to people about leftism, run for local office

When CNN calls for you top represent "small business" in a Q&A pretend you agree with their propaganda and then ask another question anyway.

If you're American, donate to pic related. They're the biggest Marxist organization in the states and are growing fast.

Honestly its up to you what you do with your money but do anything other than this>>1352460
The last thing the left needs is more burning man hippy bullshit like "squats"

Haha. Being a punk and being an anarchist are two different things. One glorifies homelessness while the latter explores it.
But seriously you dont think squatters have added anything to radical politics? You dont think that autonomous movements in Europe like ZAD, or the squatter culture of Barcelona and Athens work?

These are all good suggestions, thanks

The answer is completely obvious dude

They aren't mutually exclusive. Capitalism is a systematic problem, so you can easily fight it while practicing it yourself. Don't fall for the liberal meme that personal choices matter.

Hey guys, I'm Nazi and I think Jews actually aren't all that bad. Surely they'll let me fight along side them in the battle for global purity.

if you don't want to go full coop (a shame realy) give your workers better pay and conditions than other bunisnesses in the same field. try giving them at least some degree of influenece over the company management.

you're not a nazi, just a classcucked redneck.

Turn your business into a co-op.

They'd be stupid not to. Identities don't matter - only one's net contribution to total utility.

To be honest I harbor a lot of guilt for my station in life but I'm not stupid enough to believe that giving it up and becoming a wageslave will accomplish anything except alleviating that guilt

Already working on that

Working within the capitalist system does nothing but reform it.
What the left wants is Revolution

This is as dumb as "if you hate capitalism so much why are you posting from a computer built by capitalists".

Are you of sufficient means to find/fund someone who is skilled in visual communication to draw down the dankness and raise the spicy? Guerrilla meme warriors can't live off the land, so to speak.

wiki.c2.com/?PersonalChoiceElevatedToMoralImperative

That you are a parasite?

cringey af

Yep

Fucking faggot

Like I said, I feel guilty about it. But not guilty enough to make myself into a wageslave

B.C squats are automatically a boys club? Grow the fuck up. Get off your Marxist high horse.

That coops don't work in any situation where you face direct competition with capitalists. Either you have to exploit yourself just as hard as they exploit your counterparts to match their prices, in which case the coop nature of the company becomes a largely irrelevant formality as with Mondragon, or you don't exploit yourself and go bankrupt because capitalists can produce cheaper than you and most people don't care about anything but the price. There are exceptions, of course, but these are mostly small-scale and/or marketed towards a particular lefty or alternative crowd that considers the coop nature of the company to be valuable itself.

unmaterialist af fam.

this guy gets it

meant this guy:

I'm curious why you think turning your business into a co-op would be bad, and would make you a wageslave. Depending on how you do it, you could still retain much of your position while giving your workers more democratic say in the enterprise.

I'll be taking a big pay cut

This.

Left shitposting flag on fuck

Well, yeah. There's no way around that. But would it be enough to inconvenience you?

Utter nonsense, the Mondragon region had a third the unemployment rate as the rest of Spain during the height of the Great Recession. Coops are undeniably superior enterprises for workers no matter what the current world economic paradigm is.

You have no revolutionary potential. Enjoy being put up against the wall.

Honestly, no. I suppose I'm just apprehensive and afraid that the co-op won't be successful

Also the whole ethical consumption thing being nonsense.

Well, at least your honest.

arigato, zizek sempai

Don't be. Worker cooperates on average have a greater rate of success than capitalist enterprises because every worker has a personal investment in making sure things run well. They also don't have an incentive to hide improvements in efficiency from management.

Here's an idea turn your business into a co-op.

make as much money as you can and donate it to the Kurdish red crescent, or YPG if you want the CIA smelling your butthole.

Nice doublethink m8s. Capitalism would disappear overnight if people refused to continue perpetuating it. Refusing to buy sweatshop goods or exploit your own employees might not make Capitalism fail, but it definitely makes a difference to the local store you buy from instead or the workers who now work in your new coop and who have some degree of control and autonomy over their lives. Until Capitalism falls you should be doing your best to stop perpetuating it and to make it as bearable and positive for the people under it.

Support Rojava
you porky scum

Donating money is the best way to help legally imo.

If you can sustain yourself comfortably on less than you make now, try slowly easing into it.

right now? send medicine to syria and set up a website where syrian people can thank you personally.

it's illegal though, because of the embargo. you can ask for help on The Hub (darknet forum).

…obviously put leftist info on the website.