Has anyone else's backlog become so huge that it makes you not want to play games at all? By the time I finish a game...

Has anyone else's backlog become so huge that it makes you not want to play games at all? By the time I finish a game, so many more new games that I want to play have been released, and all the games I want to play, old or new, just becomes an even more insurmountable task. Will I be able to play all these games in the afterlife?

Delete them. Only have a couple of games at a time.

Establish a rhythm. If you are a NEET, or better, a monk-NEET, you should rotate between lifting, reading and vidya, in that order. Been working my way through all of the modern SRWs that way, lost 30 pounds and became interesting enough to talk to get a QT twink bf.

This guy is right you know

Also have a "X month." This month is my "Horror month," November my "PS1 month" and December my "PS2 month." It really helps.

okay grandpa

I'm right and you know it. The quickest solution is to delete your backlog. Alternatively you can have a month for X genre, year, console, pc, times fapped to, whatever. You can also get Launchbox and use the random game function, then stick to the game it picked until you finish it. Are you NEET? Have a daytime game and a nighttime game. I used to do RPGs during the day and Horror during the night for 2 weeks, then change it to platformers and shooters and so on. Experiment with your backlog and set boundaries for yourself. You'll enjoy games a lot more.

True mark of a subhuman. Pick game, play it start to fucking finish, and then move to the next. You should be rapidly outpacing the 2-3 good games released every year.

Yes, this hit me hard right around the N64 era, when I downloaded every NES and SNES rom I could get my hands on. I play what interests me in the moment and watch others play games I don't have the time to get gud at. fuck you total war, I WANT us to work, I WANT a relationship with you, it's just… it's not you, Shogun 2, it's me

nigger

It sounds like you're burned out, take a few weeks off from the computer/console/whatever at home and spend your free time going fishing or going on walks or other gay shit there is to do and then you'll be dying to go back to playing games.

Why the fuck backlog is even a thing?
Is there a name for it in psychology?
I just play whatever the fuck I want, and don't play something I don't want. How do you even "make" backlog?

Backlogs are supposed to be lists of recommendations to pick what you feel like playing, not numbered to-do lists.

I wonder about this too. There's absolutely zero need to play any game at all, not even bragging rights. I guess psychologically this is tied to the pointlessness of the video gamer's life, so they imagine importance to completionism in otherwise pointless endeavour.

Whoa hol up, I don't think that "having fun" and "enjoying stuff" are pointless concepts.
But feeling an obligation to play something just because ??? is super weird.

I agree that fun and enjoyment isn't pointless, but completionism in games, be it completing or just trying different games for the sake of trying them, is. If someone enjoys playing games without the enjoyment ever diminishing despite repeated exposure, they might as well continue playing it every time they play video games.

Every fucking time. Every time I find something new and shit that I feel like playing more than the great games I've actually wanted to play since forever.

disregarded everything you posted before

Well yes you're correct, I'm just wondering about mechanisms behind backloggers' mentality.

Sell those discs man, sealed they probably cost a ton, especially ps2 ones.

They'd go for like what, $100 a pop if someone's stupid enough to buy them still? I earn enough now for the games to be worth more to me.

The vintage game fag-ass collector boom has come and gone now that "US GAMERS XD" have discovered they don't actually like games. Fuckfences took some great games with them at a time I couldn't afford that shit.

Enjoying being led by the nose by Jews?

No I do not have that problem. Thank you for asking.

Is that Chun-Li?

I don't think that picture is accurate. The clitoris IS a tiny undeveloped penis, though.

So basically, every woman has a penis.

FEMININE PENIS

tip of benis is pretty much woman clit. No wonder women are sluts u can literally touch their vagene and they cum. I will think about this when i rape ur mum.

Uh, what exactly am I looking at, here? Is that what I think it is?

When baby is formed its original gender is female adding hormones to baby will create benis and in later in life it will turn into man. So women are men and men are women but different brain wiring and enviromental requirements make us very differet yet alike. Ur stupid or what?

Dont have a backlog.
Just play what you wanna play nigga.

Where's the fun in that?,the point of being a NEET is to be depressed

Not really,i just play whatever i feel like and have fun then when i finish i just pick whatever from my backlog

It's just a list of games that you wanna play or interest you,when you have a lot is easy to forget them so its better to do a list

WOAH THAT SURE WAS HARD!!!

Incorrect. When a baby is formed, the tissues that will make up the sexual organs are initially undifferentiated germ cells that develop into precursor reproductive structures called gonads. From there, depending on the absence or presence of the right hormones, the stem structures then differentiate into male or female sexual organs.

Males are not re-purposed females, nor are females re-purposed males. We're both just specialized differentiations of the same stem biology.

wat do

Backlogs are for tumblr browsers. Real men eat with their hands and play whatever they want on a whim.

Sail the seven seas

you're missing the point of the post imo. my problem isn't with me finding new games to get (which isn't even one of my 99 problems), but with that the remaining games that are in my backlog are all underwhelming Flavor of the Month games, or low-profile Multiplayer games.

get a PS2

Those don't sound fun. Don't play games that aren't fun.

This is a very real psychological phenomenon. The brain basically can't decide between too many different things at once. It tries to assign importance and value to each choice and ends up shorting out and picking nothing.

I find myself with the same anxiety sometimes but you just have to pick a game and play it to completion or drop it and move on to the next one. Even if you devote the rest of your life to playing games full time it's unlikely that you'll finish every good game made in the last 20 years as well as the ones that are still coming out before you die. And do you really want to get to the end of your *one* life and have nothing to look back on but a lifetime of playing games? Just focus on one game at a time and save the worrying for the things in life that matter

Bitch, fuck your backlog. Pirate something old and good, like Grandia 2. And if you don't have the balls to do that, wait for someone to bust out another MMO recruitment thread and join in for a month or three.

I want to impregnate chocola

Don't know how people do this. I'm lucky to get twenty hours out of a game before I'm sick of it.

Solution: Stop playing shitty collectathons and rpgs for a while.

But I don't really play either.

Stop keeping a list like some autist if it makes you not want to play them. Alternatively stop piling game after game on that list. Especially with old console games, there's a shitton of them and they're not going anywhere dude. Play them when you want to play them.
Take it easy.

What do you play?

Recently? Breath of the Wild (still haven't reached the first proper dungeon), Bloodborne (broke down just after Old Yharnam), and Nuclear Throne (fuck Lil' Hunter).

I have the same issue with music albums, movies and books
But not games, my toaster can't run that much anyways.

Collectathon Action RPG'
Action RPG
Cynical Roguelike Timesink Memegame

Are you seeing a pattern here, user?

What would you suggest I play, then?

Try some non-RPGs made before 2000. Typically looking at anywhere from 3 to 10 hours of gameplay. Once you get yourself back in a place where you can power straight through games, then go back to your timesink memegames and complete them.

Mars Matrix

Are there any other genres you like? If not then just pick something that catches your eye and is not anything close to what you've been playing.
Personally I'm playing through Redeemer right now. It's a simple twin-stick shooter but challenging enough to not get bored. Would recommend.

I call it the modder's curse.

Sounds like you were more excited about the idea of playing the game, rather than playing the game itself. This only happens with shit games.