MGSV is free on PS+ right now, go get it and play MGO

MGSV is free on PS+ right now, go get it and play MGO

and disarm those fukken nukes because its only going to get worse before it gets better Kaz.

Get the fuck out.

You are never getting the nuke disarming scene and MGO in V is awful.

wHy aRe wE hErE? jUstInE tO sUfFeR? xD

STANDING

Time was anons used to hide their shame.

MGS on the PS1 is a good starting point, you can emulate it pretty easily.

I want off this ride.

If they gave a shit about the franchise, they’d remake them all in Fox.

if only the nuke browser wasn't utter shit. it went from 1 - 3 people showing up at a time if you're lucky to nobody showing up on the list at any time

thats a funny way of saying literally the best game in the series

That's mobile game bullshit.

That was a surprisingly great game.

Maybe if mobage wasn't designed to milk you soyboy

MOB events and other limited time things are awful. Also, did you forget MB coins?

I remember MB coins being a colossal failure. Plenty of people have no unlocked everything without touching them at all as they should.

THIS IS THE PROOF THAT ONLY SONIGGER BUYFAGS VISIT Holla Forums!
NOBODY, FUCKING NOBODY SANE PAYS FOR PS+ BULLSHIT, THAT COSTS LIKE A VIDEO GAME A YEAR

I have four FOBs and never once bought MB coins. No longer an argument.

MOB events are great because its not like they won't come back, they're on some kind of rotation. MB coins and online research is the worst thing though. im researching level 7 shit and its 5 fucking days for 1 thing to research and you can only research 4 online things at a time. same goes for the swimsuits. 6 fucking days for one

Pretty sure it's just OP.

Nobody forced you to have a motherbase full of rough and ready /k/ommando tomboys in bikinis user.

no but its one those things that encourages me not to play a game because i wanna use the things researched but if takes 5 days then i don't bother playing the game for 5 days till it finishes

Honestly i just use it as time to spread out my backlog.

Don't forget that outside of FOB invasions, they added virtually no single player content, not even a toggle for special missions like going in naked.

It's because you and all the other anons refused to bully the newfags, and now they're everywhere, and entitled, thinking board etiquette doesn't apply to them. Well done, Holla Forums.

that's why you get the infinite heaven mod so now you can go in naked, fight against competent soldiers because they're all s++ and have those soldiers equip diamond dogs gear because its silly to assume a PMC that large wouldn't be letting weapons fall into the hands of the enemy

Hey we all shat on that guy who didn't know about Tilefucker yesterday. Thats how they learn.

Isn't that only for the PC version, which makes this one user's hype worthless?

Sonyfags

You didn't miss out on anything good.

yes, op is fag

You see the same thing with pirates on the PC, they say a game is "free" but unless they stole the computer along with the internet it is basically just as bad as PS+ or Xbox Live.

that's completely retarded and ignores PS+ and xbox live are seperate things you have to pay for to have the "service" of using your own goddamned internet connection

N-not an a-argument..

Try hard contrarians aren't cute.
Guns of The Patriots was a good movie too.

No, now go fellate a shotgun your turbonigger.

I get the exact opposite. Every single fucking time I make a nuke, someone has stolen it from me before I can make another one. And if I try to retaliate, they always have an “ally” or whatever it’s called INSTANTLY come after me even if I haven’t triggered any alarms.

This thread is doomed from the beginning

Friendly reminder that Flaming Buffalo is best asthmatic gril.

Stop making nukes you fucking cunt

Why is her mouth the size of a football field?

lol

Sam Biddle was right

reminder that konami's own drm is so bad that the spacewar steam workaround gives you 100% of the online functionality in single player, including being on the fob leaderboards.

GOOD GOY

Cool meme.

posting this here because catalog is full, ctrl+F Metal Gear or MGS only brought up this thread

well, I riked it

this

oh, almost forgot

>the game was heavily built around it so the timeframe for it going on another system is likely to be NEVEREVER

this whole thread really does show why MGS fans are literally the worst people on the planet, no wonder the series was kill after 3, kill yourselves

everything about actual gameplay in MGS3 is like having to pause to equip your iron boots only it's every single gameplay system they added and it applies all the time. the writing is awful, the English script is like this weird kind of hypertext where any subtlety is thrown out the window so that they can just explain everything right to your face like you're 5. like the scene with the Boss at the start of Operation Snake Eater where she explains the entire character dichotomy between herself and Snake like she's giving a fucking powerpoint presentation.

it's not an altogether bad game with no cool ideas, but it's a strong contender for worst in the series, with every game being decent at worst.

you entitled kids who are too stupid to process criticism and judge strangers anonymously for personal satisfaction over video games are the most pathetic individuals on planet Earth. kill yourself.

You can just watch the movie on youtube, I don't see why it matters that it's only on the PS3

Are you retarded?

Nigger MGS4 has 9 hours of cutscenes and 9 hours of gameplay which can be done in 6 hours if you're not bad at it.
Its literally more cutscenes than gameplay.

yes deprive yourself of the game's actual content so you can whine about how bad it is. you're fuckin dumb m8

because you're too young to remember when people actually cried to have it put on 360.

and I bet that's all you ever did, faggot. stop posting.

what are you some kind of faggot that used more than the knife and the machine gun?

Only Metal Gear game worth playing is Metal Gear Rising.

Look it isn't my fault that you like a bad movie with a few gameplay segments, no need to be upset when people make fun of it.
We can watch it together sometimes if you want to.

I think he's more referring to not being a fucking idiot in general. How does it benefit the discussion to wander into a thread about a game just to post HAH I NEVUR PLAY IT LMOA.

I said asthmatic, not autistic.

actually if they have a nuke as well you can blow their fob out of the water

For dicks of all sizes user, or multiple dicks at once.

Self-entitled you cock-mongling destroyer of language.

>Get it for free with PS+ goy
That's not free you fucktard.
Fuck this shit.

that's to play as quiet in the dead online

Truly disgraceful

…come to think of it, no. all throats were slit. Ocelot unit was fought full guerilla warfare Rambo style with the machine gun and no camo crawlin through logs and blitzkrieg on a nigga. like I said, I'm not familiar with a bad MGS game (I barely played V, pirated, would actually buy if I want to give it a shot, but don't really care) but 3 is mad overrated, and the main reason is that it dials back hard on the creative narrative shit from the previous 2 games.

already rewatched it stinkyfam and it just made me want to play it again, sorry

I'm pretty excited to play this, I've never played a MGS game but I've spent years watching anons on Holla Forums discuss the series.
Are there any important story points from the previous games I should know about before playing this one?

I guess the most important ones might be MGS: peace walker and ground zeroes.
Playing MGS3 doesn't hurt.

and

meh meh, but still nice to manage this

Mechanically, it's the best game in the series.
It would easily be my favourite if it weren't so short.

Just play them in release order starting with MGS.
You can read about the PC-engine games in the menu and play them later on in MGS3.

It was a "balls to the wall" James Bond-style game which everyone welcomed after 2 because keeping up with the plot was too much.
Not that 2 was some deep philosophical work, but if you played it before the age of 20 and had half a brain, it would have been mind-blowing.

The average person today (I live in the USA) is still completely incapable of grasping ideas presented in MGS2. This country is a right-wing shithole of dumbfucks.

I enjoyed MGSV for what it was. I've wanted a stealth/operator game just like it and Kojima delivered. I really love how all the gameplay mechanics just meld together so well, and the nice attention to little details throughout the game. Is MGS4 worth a playthrough?

But you're one of the smart people right? The fact you think the ideas from MGS2 even apply to right-left nonsense demonstrates that you don't understand them either.

Yes. Don't let the long cutscene memes keep you away, it is a legitimately good game.
MGO2 has also been revived, but I don't know how many people play it.

This is your mind on consoles

So? Gone Home is free on the Xbox one right now. Unlike MGS5. Gone home won multiple game of the year awards.

This. Gone Home is a way better movie.

Was it funded by Sony though?
If not, I won't shill it on Holla Forums

i was gonna make some semi-unrelated post about how shogun got some snooty british award before i looked at who it was in competition with and decided awards mean nothing

High levels of manufactured context within in ths one comment.

As bad as this gen is, its still not as bad as 7th Gen.

It's underrated I'd say. Some stuff could have been done better but the stuff it does do right, does it extremely well, I liked it. Also, it has to be the most depressing video game I've ever played. Some games are said to be 'sad' like Shadow of the Colossus or even MGS3 but those are only sad in their ending. You can feel emotional about MGS4 right from the beginning with Snake's war has changed speech, to all the painful hardships he and his old body go throughout the game and all the way to the end. Constant reminder that he could either die at any moment or he will defnietly die at the end of the game, if he even gets to complete his mission.

I even get emotional during the credits, wraps everything up well for everyone but is so melancholic for Snake, the person the player cares for the most.

If it wasn't for Konami's technical excellence (despite all their other problems), Kojima's kurt-russel-themed funhouse of incoherent control schemes and camera angles wouldn't have seemed anywhere near as playable as it was. This wannabe-kike's fans blame Konami for compromising Kojima's genius while he was almost certainly the one mitigating the gameplay aspects that people enjoyed in favor of his fanfic-tier screeplay. I don't believe for a second that he was responsible for how good the mechanics of MGS4 were, despite all the credit he takes. If I worked at Konami I'd probably hate his guts too.

Yes. If the whole game was like acts 1, 2 and the beginning of act 5 it would probably be my favourite game ever.

Kill yourself nigger

Same here.
I was terribly disappointed with how the Eastern Europe chapter turned out and the visit to Shadow Moses was not very interesting during the first half.
It was all just: "Hey look at all these places! You remember this, right?" The fights afterwards were all right, though.

No wonder why Kojima and JJ are buddies.

sonyfags everyone

I played it for about 3 hours or so and couldn't get into it, it's too boring. Though it seems it has alot to offer especially story wise, which i would be interested in if the game had been fun.

heh

LOL, fuck this game. The entire opening sequence where you spend God only knows how long just crawling around the hospital like a retard is just unbearable. That entire prologue ruined the game. Deleted.