Cheat codes

Do you ever used cheat codes/Gameshark? Why do you use them? I personally use them in some games to improve my experience by changing certain aspects of the game. For example.
Some cheats can add a nice fun twist to a game, San Francisco Rush a racing game for the N64 had one code where traffic cones were turned into a mine item of sorts, turning your car into a explosive mine until you touched another vehicle, which turned it into a Death Race kart game of sorts. The sequel Rush 2 had an even cooler cheat code for Levitation which completely changes the game and turnes it into an Aerogauge sort of deal, making multiplayer a total blast.

Do you ever use*
FUCK

turns*

That face, I remember that face, I just can't remember where I saw it

Here's another cool cheat that I remember from my childhood, the Spyro demo in Crash 3.

Guitar Hero has the "superspeed" cheat that makes the notes come down the lane faster, which results in them being easier to read and more spread out

I remember back in high school, idiot faggots would say it was a cheat because they couldn't play that fast even though the play speed was still the same

I need super speed to do the harder songs.

i use them when im sick of a game but i my completion OCD prevents me from just dropping it so i can speed through the game instead

Diddy Kong Racing for the N64 had a cheat that made every pickup become the most powerful version of itself. So rockets became 10 rockets and boosts became triple boosts. That + a battle map was fun as fuck, until you got one-shot by an AI that can fire all 10 rockets at once.
The Simpsons: Hit And Run had a cheat that let you access every car in the game, including ones you aren't supposed to drive. You needed 100% completion to do it though.

I used to use them, back when they existed. Nowadays there's nothing special or hidden in games anymore. You boot up a fighting game, and it tells you exactly how many unlockable characters there are, and who they're gonna be. And the "cheat codes" for the broken weapons or other fun shit is now your creditcard number.

i think it was princess maker 2.

I have save games specifically for when I feel like goofing around with cheats in Jedi Academy because it has the best cheats in any game ever made.
>all those hours spent playing as a flying Jawa, spawning dozens of Jedi and Sith all over the place, watching them fight before spawning the mutant rancor in the midst of it and trying to jump into an X-wing you spawned and then having the game crash because too much stuff is happening at once
Turning cheats on in Jedi Academy turns it into a total sandbox, it's great.

I've used them for shinies in Pokemon and event items in Animal Crossing.

I had an Action Replay for my Gamecube back in the day, I used it not just to cheat in games but also to mine unused data off the disc (for instance, playing the test maps in Wind Waker or recovering unused ship parts and even a barely functional track editior in F-Zero GX). I also had one for GBA but I think I only used it to faceroll FF4 because I fucking hate the Korean levels of grind in oldschool FFs.

I use cheats for dungeon crawlers with forced grinding.

I rarely use cheats, but when I do I like to use the ones that add an element of whacky fun to the game. Like the kind of games that have ragdoll physics and allow for cheats that amplify damage to make ragdolls fly farther, things like that. And I usually only do that if I have already beaten the game, or if the game isn't fun without cheats/exploits.

I use them for getting around unfun gameplay mechanics that nobody wants to deal with.
Need to wait an ingame day for something to happen? Press L to finish day.
Weapons break after a few uses? Now every weapon has infinite durability.

Did anyone else stack the multiple speed cheats and grab the fastest cars in order to go so fast, you completely ignore walls and get outside the map?

Yes.
Sometimes I just want to fuck around the game.

I used to use them when I was a kid
There was fun and cool shit you could do; having shit like a fucking COBRA car in AoE 2 was the shit

I remember using a gameshark to convert my whole team of pokemon gold legendaries into a team of nothing but furrets with assorted moves that made no sense. Then I fought my brother who had a team of all legendaries.

I won. It was a good feel.

I used an N64 Gameshark to hack into games to learn how they work and then got really upset when I found out that most cheat devices (including other Gamesharks) don't feature these wonderful cheat engines.

bui.jpg

I mostly use them to play content that's normally inaccessible.

I'm still looking for a way to pull this off in MoA and AA.