Why have Nintendo been turning 200% in the past few years?

Why have Nintendo been turning 200% in the past few years?
No, they've been 100% kike in a lot of the scummy stuff they've done since the 80's. Now they've doubled down and are acting worse to their fans than companies like EA or Ubishit. EA fucks over studios, not random people streaming their games.

shut up idiot

What did he mean by this?

But they have been always like this. You only care now because they are hitting something you probably cared about(lol) which is streaming.

Couldn't be all the other shit, like DMCA'ing fan games and bringing fans people to court to "protect" their IPs..

Iwata died.

*Rareware died
Fix'd

You mean Gunpei died. Nintendo went full-kike after Gunpei Yokoi died.

lmao who cares you could legitimately wipe Holla Forums and 4/v/ off the face of all nintendo sales and you wouldn't notice a damn difference.

The only thing he likes more than cake is his 3DS

Nintendo would go bankrupt the following week.

That's not even mentioning anything in this decade.

But they have always "protected" their IPs, and their materials in general. One of the things that allowed Sony to make waves with the Play Station was not only the more relaxed censorship, but also the fact that devs could make games on their own without having to look for the Nintendo stamp on their games.

No that's a crock of shit. Nintendo valued their IP more when the company was as a whole worth more, now Nintendo is losing it's market share and is attempting to try everything in order to keep afloat.
A game sells moderately well in North America?
Warriors spinoff, Amiibos, a sequel consisting of 3 games you have to buy separately, iOS game and shit loads of other stuff.
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Playstation didn't offer relaxed censorship, SEGA did. SEGA's only issue was Nintendo, who got a bunch of congressmen to bitch them out in the early 90's.
You don't get the idea behind the Playstation either. Playstation was popular because it was cool and adult, unlike Nintendo which was for children, and SEGA which was somewhat in between the two.
Also,

What did he mean by this?

Nintendo's entire business model hinges on forced rarity. They don't need to do this at all, but that's what they think they need to do. So along with under-producing basically all their products, they think that allowing streams will make their shit "less rare" in a sense.

Can't have the latter without the former. Besides the being more 'adult' isn't why sony got their market share, it was things like because it was cheaper to make CDs than ROM carts

It's funny considering just about every big streamer somehow managed to have a Swtich on launch day and they were all viraling the fuck out of Zelda. I can't imagine how badly Nintendo fucks over their formal employees.

he means that he likes talking out of both sides of his mouth and likes to imply that jews are subhuman but also rule the world

I have ulterior grievances.
Greivances that would usually be solved by me importing but, you know there's the whole fiasco of Reggie making retarded powergrabs because they accidentally pissed people off and have a PR nightmare on their hand that may lead to reduced moni from papi for their specific branch of nintendo

I distinctly remember how the console wars argument got quickly replaced by an almost one sided argument about how Playstation was better mostly because it was "edgier". Plus, the Playstation had Final Fantasy 7. It's easy to undermine that game in 2017 but in 1997 it was THE game everyone wanted, so much so that it began creeping around in magazines dedicated to western gaming almost exclusively, like PC gaming ones. The general feeling was that the Playstation and its games left everyone else behind. The n64 seemed like a toy in comparison…. I think the only ones who stuck to Nintendo in the late 90s were Pokemon fans. The CD thing is also true, but the fact that devs didn't had to ask Sony for permission to release their games was crucial too. It's ironic that the fact that got Nintendo to rise above Atari in America allowed Sony to occupy a big portion of the market some years later.

They've gone through many cycles of being kikes and lesser kikes.
Iwata gave then a good run, and he held back a lot of the bullshit.
The type of cancer he got is specifically from stress.

What was that power grab about again? I remember the thread, but not the content for some reason.

It had something to do with NoA getting more influence in the game development and localization process, with Reggie being the main guy. I don't know the details but I do remember something about them influencing Xenoblade X's development as well as possibly Smash's.

We should get Mark a custom 3DS themed cake, and make him eat it all in one sitting.

Nintendo have always been control freaks
they want absolute exclusivity over their content
the NES and SNES both had chips that allowed only the big N to make cartridges for them
the birth of the PS1 was also cus Nintendo betrayed $ony cus they didn't want to share exclusivity with a CD based console
they finally adopted the disk format with the Gamecube, but only those mini disk nobody else used, then the Wii came out and it had these very especific hardware that could not be easily pirated
It's the same with Amibos and taking down fan projects and youtube streams
Nintendo want's absolute control over everything they produce
Mario is to them what Mickey is to DIsney and if Disney sued a kindergarten for a mickey mouse mural you can bet your ass Nintendo will sink even lower to protect their precious IPs from absolutelly everyone

It's weird how Reggie could muscle his way in like that, considering how Japan in general hates letting their western offices have any influence. All the 90's material I've read about Howard Lincoln being a voice of reason and the disasters at other companies makes this more surprising. What kind of bargaining chip would NoA have to pull that off? The only foreigners I've seen NCL accept were the Argonauts devs for Star Fox and 3D tech. Lead dev even ended up marrying Miyamoto's daughter. That relationship could still be seen as parasitic considering how others have pointed out what Nintendo did regarding Star Fox 2, Yoshi 3D turning into Croc, and such. The only explanation that comes to mind is the Steve Jobs video where he talks about how only marketing people can get promoted when products are so ahead of the competition. One other piece of information sticks out though. I remember reading a couple years ago on Sean Malstrom's blog about Iwata pulling double duty as CEO of NoA as well for some reason in 2015. I never verified the info, but the implications from that are pretty damning.

Not as bad as Konami at least

I think they're actually tricking Reggie and NoA into a false sense of security. Either that or they both have really big dirt on each other. There's just no telling really.

There was a mad scramble over in NoJ with Iwata gone. It's opportunism

Because it's working for them

It could be a mix of both. I just straight up don't trust NoA at this point. Reggie has been at NoA for a really long time, I think the memes have fucked with his ego and he wants more credit for helping make the games instead of simply marketing them.

That's my question though. What leverage does he have? I just started researching him taking over as CEO of NoA and that was back in 2013. Guess who the previous CEO was? Kimishima. Why was Iwata so distrustful of NoA and Kimishima's handling that he pulled fucking double duty? Also strange how localization problems have been really creeping up since Iwata's death. Nintendo has always had these issues, but the current iteration didn't really take off at NoA until recently.

This is the crux of it really. I think Nintendo is just giving him all the rope he needs to hang himself with because getting rid of him now would probably be a PR nightmare.

but Jews are subhumans that rule the world.

What would you describe the rope as? The only thing that people can specifically get mad at NoA over is localization, as Nintendo's other problems are more company wide. That answer also seems off with them giving NoA a seat at the developer's table of what goes in games now, but isn't NoE doing Xenoblade 2's localization? That's a significant snub to NoA, especially as their biggest game release right before Christmas.

The rope in this case in influence. So far, it seems like the "figureheads" at Nintendo who haven't either fallen out of public favor or died are Miyamoto and Reggie. All they need to do is let Reggie be the head of some hyped up new game, sabotage it, then he gets the blame and they can axe him soon after for free brownie points from angry fans.
Yes, this overly elaborate scheme is the only way I can make sense of this. It's either that or the guys in Japan are just really naive, which doesn't sound believable at all.

I can see that, if you could pull an Other M/Sakamoto on Reggie, that would really piss people off. I wonder if that game might actually be Metroid Prime 4. Different studio in the west for some reason. I get Retro not wanting to make only Metroid forever, but that could be a huge shitstorm depending on who they use. All NCL would have to do is say "Reggie vouched for them" and it's a wrap. I have a hard time buying that, as I consider Kimishima sympathetic to Reggie and his BS. Iwata wouldn't have stepped in at NoA if he could trust Kimishima to stop Reggie from doing stupid stuff. Maybe Kimishima has changed due to taking over or something, always possible.

Don't forget

Oh, and then there's the bullshit surrounding Project HAMMER on Wii and the complete dismissal of taking ideas from the American team while the Jap in charge of the game ran the project into the ground.

The memefication of Reggie is starting to seem like a problem. He's basically a company mascott now. It's going to be tough to just fire him if we get to that point.

I miss them, Holla Forums.

Well, the western team blew a ton of money on a pre-rendered cinematic and didn't tell Nintendo about it. Both sides were pretty idiotic about it but yeah Japs basically used that as an excuse to take control of the project and do nothing.

Me too, but we can't bring them back. They're content to be lazy assholes more concerned about politics than just making an epoxy of their old game. Amazing how something so simple turned into a dud, but they still haven't learned their lesson from Nuts N Bolts. Staying with Nintendo wouldn't have saved Rare. Its' their own studio's fault at this point. At least the M$ deal gave us Free Radical and Timesplitters when Dr. Doak's group left.

Iwata was keeping the floodgates, as far as I remember he wasn't the president when Yokoi had his run in with Nintendo's Yakuza, Rare stepped out on their own though.

It's always been the shareholders, they see Nintendo with these lucrative IPs and dedicated fanbase and demand that all profits are wrung from both this quarter. I wish Nintendo would just buy back all their stock and stop being a publicly traded company.

Pretty sure NoA is responsible for a lot of Nintendo's kikery
There is a fair amount of sliminess in NoJ, but nothing even close to NoA