Games that have been forgotten but shouldn't have been

Other urls found in this thread:

support.xbox.com/en-US/legacy-devices/original-console/play-original-games
youtube.com/watch?v=NJ-xcgBL1mY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Forsaken 64
Glover
Silicon Valley

I'll keep mentioning this fucking game until I'm sick of it.

It flat-out tells you to remember it. Now why would you ignore a direct request like that?

This game is cool as fuck

>tfw picked that up at a half price books on a whim
sometimes i think that place is staffed with some of you faggots, the vidya selection at that one in particular is ridiculous

This is the best Terminator game ever made, and IMO one of the best and most unique FPS games of the 90's. Great atmosphere, great exploration, and more innovative than Quake in every way.

Hear me out. This game's success could've kicked sports games out of their annual cycle of regurgitated mechanics and fealty to a single, all powerful official license. Backbreakers wasn't NFL, it experimented with new technology like physics. It's success would've given Madden competition to stop being shit and spurred innovation, and also demonstrated an official license isn't all that matters.

Nope. People don't want sports if it doesn't have their hero beefcake in correct team colors. So outside of driving and some snowboarding/skating stuff, the only good sports games will be Mario related.

Kind of their fault, no point in innovating for something that doesn't need to be innovated. I appreciate they tried, but it ultimately is an exercise in futility.

I strongly disagree. There have been plenty of inventive and neat sports games in the past. That's like saying if you think Gran Turismo is good there's no room for other takes on the genre.

No I'm saying you would be completely right for every other genre. Just not for sports.

Mein Neger

Freelancer
Warzone 2100
KKND series
Arx Fatalis
Ballerburg
Die by the Sword
Majesty

This joke doesn't work as much as you think it does.

I'll bring them up until everyone on this board has played them.

Was browsing games to pirate and this one came up rather randomly. Enjoyed the combo system immensely, but fuck how linear it was. There wasn't even much in the way of secrets/extra items+lore entries if you did go down the few side tunnels/streets/whatever.

Bought this on a whim while drunk for a few dollars for the Xbox, then got home and remembered my 360 hasn't worked in months. That was 2 months ago, but I'll get to it, eventually.

it's a fucking shame too, it's the best in the genre without a doubt.

I want her to sit on my face

Am I the only person who played Blinx on release and hated it?

It was bretty good, but I think it made some mistakes in terms of unit purchasing. I almost never used bombers at all when you can just get more artillery.

this is what exclusivity gets you, forgotten to time
i played the first, didn't even know there was a second

A lot of people still remember JSRF

Hi Randy

well that's easily because they UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND

Pretty much. It's a shame tried to force it as their mascot in promotional material but never bothered to actually give Artoon a budget.
The sequel was probably better across the boards; story, gameplay, replayability, graphics etc. You got to play a 5 themed worlds campaign from both the Time Sweepers and the Tom-Toms perspective, which was quite neat. The Time Sweepers had more combat abilities compared to the first and the Tom-Toms used guns and knock-off gadgets that mimicked the time crystal powers.

I've met a lot of people that hated it. As I said before, the 2nd one is a very different playstyle and more fitting to people's tastes, usually.

I'd argue that JSR was more known than the sequel, and due to the original being ported and remastered a bunch of times, it gained more popularity.
Blinx was one of Microsoft's first attempts at exclusive franchises, and it backfired because of their incompetence.

Hello, newfriend.

Still the best GW game period. I long for something else like it to be made.

You get the newer model 360s for like $70, well worth the investment

Are all the 360s retrocompatible?

Yes, every model is compatible with whatever Xbox games that the 360 platformsupports. Here's a list of every BC game support.xbox.com/en-US/legacy-devices/original-console/play-original-games

Stop being a hipster and play Warhammer Total War.

I have 3 360s from various antics; I just need to change over the disc drive from one broken one to another broken one and I'll be fine. Just too lazy.

The combat is good but it just doesn't feel story or atmosphere wise like SotHR does to me. It's hard to explain/

Make one yourself

Lowest quality

Bought these like 2 years ago when i went on a hidden gem hunt. You just moved them up my list

I'm not kidding.
Being dissatisfied with the current products and knowing what you want will never be made is ALWAYS the best reason something new should be made.

You can't sit around waiting for others to make what you want forever, after a while you should say fuck it and just make it yourself if you want it that much.

Holy shit that game deserved to be forgotten, it player like trash

All right, you got my attention. What's neat about it?

I've had my eye on original war for a while now, how is it?

Is this supposed to prove me wrong?
I don't know about the legality of building your own firearms but nobody's stopping you.

Go play the game user, it's self explanatory.

And until you make a Xbox emulator, big guy.

Fear effect is barely hour long.
A shame.

True crimes: streets of L.A.

he's right, you know.
t. chronic Gaius Julius reader

That is actually a very very bad game.
I had really fond memories so I decided to buy it for my PS2 last month
It's borderline unplayable

Nintendo didn't forget about it, but they'd sure love for you to.

I don't know if Streets of Rage and Golden Axe may count as well.

Max Payne 3 did it better, unfortunately.

You can't make this shit up.

Hogs of War was really fun

Max Payne 3 is a cover based shooter, nothing to do with the first two games or Stranglehold

sad. there was bad things to say about mp3 but the presence of a cover system was not one of them, and it had all of the visual shoot em up qualities that stranglehold did.

Bethesda was incredibly ambitious in a creative sense back in the day. Even toddler used to have that kind of ambition before succumbing to the lust for shekels.

Of course it was.
MP3 transformed the run and gun system that the other two games had already done perfectly into a Gears of War copy because all of a sudden Max is slow as shit and controls like a 400 pound man

Max Payne 3 is the complete opposite of what MP1 and 2 were.

I miss knights and merchants. No other RTS has the same feeling.

I've not played recently so it might be rose tinted glasses but this was pretty cool.

Learn to aim and plan your shootdodges and you don't have to play the game like a cover shooter.

Bampu

Anyone got a link for Stranglehold?

I hate Australians but I loved this game

Crash Bandicoot was better.

Fuck yes DBTS.

Not really forgotten though, it has an HD remake on steam and the second game is available too.

Sacrifice. Vid related is playing a fire mage, but there are a lot more elements to play as. Damn good strategy game.

Imperium Galactica
Otogi: Myth of Demons
Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors
Deathrow

Remember ReCore? Remember how it was one of the only games for the Bone last year?

Speaking of bullet time

I have this game but it just feels like a Max Payne knockoff. Does it get better eventually?

Too bad everything from the plot to the pacing is fucking garbage

Its Max Payne with some cool stunt options, like sliding down rails and riding carts. Kind of a shame it didn't do too well.

Its a bitch to find for PC though.

I feel bad new friends will never be able to play this.

You grossly underestimate how badly people care about this shit
Having a problem with something doesn't mean you should go out and create a new one
Come on user

grossly overestimate how much people*
Fuck that whole post is fucked

Screw pictures of game covers. Have an intro instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=NJ-xcgBL1mY

How the fuck do you embed videos on this site?

How are you even that fucking blind?
a048fc4f150cd87abe0ae0ca60a6dd58b64918af

Got me into skating.

I dropped it right there.

I don't think you know what "forgotten" means. There's a shitload of people that love and remember that franchise.

Gee I dunno, try using the embed function in the options.

thanks doc

great style, unique idea, love the world and characters
complete and utter trash controls ruin what could have been a classic

Too bad it's emulation based compatibility that breaks most of the games it supports.

No, not really.

MP3 blows nigger dick. On top of consolizing the gameplay and the Social Club DRM, it ruined Maxs character by turning him into a whiny drunk emo faggot.
And it still plays like a shit version of the previous 2 games.

This.
at 6:19 in this video, he explains how you have to use cover unless you memorize every enemy location so you headshot them, its not a run and gun game like the older Max Payne games.

The multiplayer and modding community for Original War are still alive.

It's surreal + awesome.

I liked it.

Any Wario game.

Time to fix that.

my fucking nigger

The Gex trilogy deserved more praise. 2 and 3 were the closest you could get to Mario 64 on the PS1.

How about shining force

WET should stay forgotten.

Still to this day has some of the best/most realistic snowboarding mechanics