Was this part of the game supposed to be hard? Why does everybody say this is the worst part of the game...

Was this part of the game supposed to be hard? Why does everybody say this is the worst part of the game? I'm playing DS on PC right now, and I breezed through Blighttown with only a few deaths. The hardest thing I experienced was the wheel elevator and falling off of it twice in a row.

No
Shitty framerate and platforming.
OMFG WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE ERECT A STATUE IN YOUR HONOR ALREADY, SEMPAI?

It was realistically kinda hard in comparison to the rest of the game, but the absolute ass framerate meant accidentally jumping off ledges, failing to avoid hits that would poison you, and running out of healing way too early. So I'm not surprised that you can get through it easily SIX FUCKING YEARS LATER with a computer 20 times more powerful than the game was designed around, and with all the meta knowledge that's slowly leaked about the game. Congratulations fuck face, you're not Takahashi-Terrible.

Now, once you've played the game enough to acquaint yourself with the area, it's not bad at all. For the first time player, I can see how it could be annoying. That being said, I ever had a problem with this area.

I think this is a "Joke" thread. You don't take the Elevator on the way in if you're not taking the back entrance.

Presumably OP is referencing a playthrough where he had the Master Key.

I was trying to get onto the elevator so I could go out the back way.

Shit thread, but people didn't like blighttown because it was hard. It was because blighttown was shit.

The area name appeared and you're at the top of the elevators. This means you came in the back way with the master key and are skipping 75% of the area.

That's not his image, I've seen it countless times before.

Consolefags played it with constant dips to ~10fps. At a solid 30, it's easily the most interesting area in the entire game.

Like other anons said, it was because on consoles Blighttown had horrendous framerate. That said the wooden elevator is the fucking stupidest thing in the entire game.

It's not the worst, whoever said it's the worst never made it to the wheel-skeletons or bed of chaos So, only normalfags

If it wasn't for the framedrops, Blighttown would be one of the best zones in the game. If you skip it using the master key then you're a faggot.

I'm having trouble with queelag at the moment because I'm cursed and got my head crusted and have no idea how to get back to the top quickly to buy a curse stone.

help pls

Do you mean you got wormed by an egg carrier?

Git Gud
There is a wheel-shaped elevator close to the bonfire at the bottom of Blighttown. The path it's on will take you all the way back up to Firelink Shrine. Stop attacking the fucking eggmen, too. Most of them ignore you unless you hit them first and the ones that are hostile are easy to avoid outright.

I thought it'd be easy xp at the time. Guess we all learn from mistakes.

Thanks for the tip, will try that path.

You playing it wrong way.

I like Blighttown. I like how it incorporates verticality in its level design, better than any other zone, even Anor Londo. I like how even if you with underpowered weapon, you still can beat one of the strongest humanoid enemies just by pushing them of.

He's cursed and "blessed" at the same time, fucker needs to retreat before he somehow fucks up even more

It's a shame Blighttown is a linear zone. It also suffers from the ladders in it being a fucking bitch to see. Otherwise it's one of the most well designed levels in the game.

The best area in the game is the darkroot forest with the catfags.

I got cursed and ended up in ash lake my first playthrough and just started a new playthrough AMA.

Nothing in Dark Souls was "supposed to be hard".
It was supposed to be normal fucking video game, which in 2011, the year of press X to cut-scene movies, was perceived as hard by casual normalfags.
So yeah congratulations of overcoming obstacle built for 12 yo japanese boys, oh mighty one.
Do we really need to have this fucking thread every day?

ye

Nobody claims blighttown was hard you fucking retard
Its that it on consoles it dropped to like 5 fps on your way down so people disliked it
Ontop of it being a shity boring area anyway

The hardest part of the game is the Demon Ruins and Izalith, since they're so shit that they test your willingness to complete the areas and finish the game.

It was annoying because of the respawning mosquitoes, the dartblowers and the poison swamp. It wasn't any harder than any other area in the game, but the weird saturation fucked with my eyes, sometimes it was difficult to make out the skin-colored enemies if they were standing against the yellowish wooden walls.

get gud scrub, you are supposed to have 0-1 deaths in all other areas

I played it on PS3 when it came out and again recently and it's most the FPS drop that fucks you over. Besides that if you have plenty of moss, which you should from doing the Darkroot areas, and a decent resistance and the pyromancer's rag armor set then you should be fine as far as the poison goes.

Also what the fuck is with invinciblity in PvP? I started a new game last week and someone invaded me in Undead Burg and whenever we attacked each other we didn't do any damage. The only way I could beat him was the pummel him off a ledge. Is this some kind of glitch?

That shit got nothing on Demon's dirty colossus area.

The pair of mosquitoes only respawn 3 times.