I literally tracked down and killed the guys who made project 64 1.6 when this happened to me

I literally tracked down and killed the guys who made project 64 1.6 when this happened to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/m64p
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/dxpxybvigi8nl2k/Mupen64++.zip?dl=0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composite_artifact_colors
wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Star_Fox_64
wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/PPU_registers
wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/Programming_with_unofficial_opcodes
forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10104
mupen64k.blogspot.com
m64p.github.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

murder is a sin you retard

lol wtf?

I hear it's actually better to use Dolphin to emulate the Wii emulating the N64.

Take it to the emulation thread.

AND ITS ALL FOR FREE

ive been using pj64 and it crashes constantly while trying to play pilotwings. can somebody point me in the direction of a better emulator? i've given up and almost exclusively emulate psx games.

github.com/m64p

Stop being a nigger, learn to use a computer and go the emulation thread.

Important question—-is this the emulator's fault, or is this the result of different versions of the game–aka red blood vs green blood?

The n64 is but fucked when it comes to emulation, so its a possibility, but Nintendo always fucks everything up with different re-releases.

Different versions of the game.

is this not an emulation thread?

How did you kill him?

unfortunately i tried this but couldnt get this to work properly with any of my controllers.

no one tell him

What controller, and did you actually set it up manually in the options menu?

There are 3 or 4 versions of the N64 Cartridge.
The only noticable changes are:
- changing Ganondor's coughing from red to green
- changing Ganon's blood from red to green
- changing Gerudo's symbol from a a moon with a star to something that looks like a Dogu.
- changing the Fire Temple music from a muslim chant into generic crap.
I have never ever met anyone who likes any of the changes.

Shameless shilling
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/dxpxybvigi8nl2k/Mupen64++.zip?dl=0

emucucks stop embarrassing yourselves

and… So?
it looks better.

Fat women?

that's censorship not emulation.

Honestly N64 emulation is much better than the real thing for the sole reason that you don't need to use that fucktarded controller or deal with scalpers.

I could excuse them removing the muzzie symbol but otherwise no other changes were necessary. The chant in Fire Temple was a personal favorite out of the game's OST and I don't see how it could be considered racist or whatever.
t. muzzie

Why ever bother?

Well there's a handful of good games like Sin & Punishment or Mischief Makers.

Die in pig shit.

This is nice, works out of the box with no configuration necessary. Thanks for the save files btw
So how is this different from M64 with one Plus? I installed that as well and can see no difference in emulation.

Kaillera support and higher compatibility with little tweaks here and there for specific games.

I have a question
How does this kind of thing happen, like in general?
Like what makes things the wrong color in emulators?

Enjoy your spyware.

i think this is photoshop

emulators aren't cycle accurate, pretty much every console from the 5th generation and back relied on completing things cycle to cycle. Emulators guess a lot, blur over the details, and often skip cycles it considers unnecessary to get playable performance.

This, of course results in really odd results. PCSX2 is a good way to visualize it, and the PS2 is a good example as it was the last console which relied heavily on cycle to cycle tasks. If you screw with VU timings or EE emulation in PCSX2 you can visibly observe the loss of sacrificing cycles.

WHY IS N64 EMULATION SO FUCKING HARD?
I JUST WANT TO PLAY N64 GAMES AT A CRISP HIGH RESOLUTION

See

It is, infinitely.
Works by emulating the VC.

To this day the NES still doesn't have 100% accurate emulation mostly because of some stochastic natures of the hardware, and it is MUCH simpler, obviously all games work perfectly but you can technically make a game that doesn't, the hardware is not that predictable. The simplicity also made reverse engineering it easier.
The N64 is like the NES in the sense that it has a whole lot of custom hardware stuff, but on a much bigger complicated scale, the hardware itself is more complicated and powerful than the PS. Modern consoles use common sane architectures, the N64 had none of that shit, it's a clusterfuck. We are decades behind perfect emulation.

taqiyya

The problem with the NES and even other consoles of that era like the 2600 is that developers did clever tricks to improve the graphics and even color pallet by manipulating the nature of the NTSC and/or PAL video signals

An example is composite artifact colors
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composite_artifact_colors

So while NES emulation is probably 100 percent accurate, NES emulators are NOT NTSC emulators or PAL emulators, so even with 100 percent accuracy down to the lowest level you may get inaccurate colors on emulation because these games were simply meant to be played on an analog video signal

Reee that's not the correct term I don't know why I said emulating.
It's like on the 3DS where you inject a GBA ROM into an existing GBA VC game to get a game that otherwise would be playable on the 3DS.

The Virtual Console program itself is an emulator made by Nintendo, so it's technically not wrong, hell, it's probably the most accurate emulator you can possibly use because it was made by the company responsible for the hardware

The N64 is basically a scaled down SGI workstation. It uses a MIPS processor and SGI GPU. Basically this is special snowflake hardware and the body of knowledge about them is much lower than say, the body of knowledge about a normal PC.

How easy to you think it is to emulate a CPU line that was discontinued over 10 years ago, and was only ever accessible to large companies through SGI workstations? The body of knowledge is much smaller, there is less literature published, etc. It's based on a type of computer that nobody makes anymore, and even then, relatively very few people ever used one while it was relevant. (because of the 10k pricetag)

Why the fuck are you using PJ64 1.6?
Its almost a decade old by this point

I was upset because you don't emulate the VC, the VC does the emulating.

The SGI Indy sold quite a bit though.

Fuck off retard
Its notoriously inaccurate. It had bugs which were long fixed on PC emulators when it was released.

Tell that to Holla Forums which wants to murder 6000000 jews.

How the fuck do you emulate the VC content on a dolphin?

You run the wads.
If you're planning to use it for N64 emulation then don't bother.

christcucks btfo

What games?
Seriously, name some aside from Mario 64 and Zelda

There are quite a few good ones

Pardon me while I nurse this horrible cough I have over here.

I actually still have a goddamn N64 and I can tell you're full of shit.

so you are not getting the piss stain ending boohoo baby

Really? Examples please, legitimately curios, I just figured it would be good because of aforementioned reasons…

It's not accurate, just patched up and filled with tweaks to run well enough so you don't notice it. That's not necessarily bad but claiming that something made to run on the Wii is better than PC emulators is ridiculous. If you are running an emulator on top of another (Dolphin to run VC wads) it's no better than emulating something like one of the classic arcade collection discs that were all the rage during the 6th gen.

Edgy.

>>>Holla Forums

Back to your cancerous containment board.

wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Star_Fox_64
Also webm related isn't properly emulated.

Holy fucking shit that is one smug Hitler.

I know about the NTSC/PAL stuff as most of the PPU in the NES is designed around the standard (A PAL PPU is different to an NTSC one). That makes things harder as you say because emulators are not NTSC or PAL emulators. But when you say:
I can assure it is not, see things like this:
wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/PPU_registers
Or this:
wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/Programming_with_unofficial_opcodes
This kind of shit is not easy to emulate, hardly documented, and nobody cares about it because nobody ever relied on it. Sure you may say, who cares it probably won't ever affect anyone, but the end goal of emulation is to have as little difference with the original hardware as possible.
To put an example, not that long ago someone discovered some scanline artifact when playing Super Mario Bros at some specific point, at first they thought it was some power related shit but then they realized it was reproducible and was documented properly, it had to do with the inner workings of the PPU at the last pixel of a scanline and the timing in the SMB interrupt code:
forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10104
TL;DR: 100% perfect emulation is hard as fuck.

I have to ask to anyone that actually just wants to play the game, who the fuck needs this? The scanline related issues were annoying shit for me when playing on the fmc. So was the tweaking of the tv to get it working. So was having the cartridge work. Is it nostalgia? This shit juet doesn't seem fun to emulate.

Fear not, because while you weren't looking there was development being done on a pixel-accurate renderer called Angrylion. At first it ran just a bit too slow for real time play, but the folks at RetroArch have been hard at work porting it over to Vulkan to achieve a significant boost in performance (giving it the name ParaLLEl in the process), and now this pixel-accurate emulation runs in real time (or faster if you unlock framerates) in a variety of games.

The microcode fuckery of Rare's games are still the biggest obstacle for it, so don't expect Banjo-Kazooie or Goldeneye to play nice with it just yet, but progress is being made. Also, the N64 had its own layers of anti-aliasing and smear-filtering that ParaLLEl is replicating, but you can turn them off to run with razor sharp pixels should you desire. You can also disable color dithering if you want, but there may be some downsides to doing so with some visuals.

Posting some quick and dirty WebMs from examples they have posted on YouTube.

literally

This needs a powerful PC to run in order to get some mostly barely noticeable improvements that the average users couldn't give less of a shit about. ParaLLEl is a fucking meme and Retroarch is an unoptimized mess being kept together by a single dude with depression.

STOP SPREADING LIES=

That's good, though the best games were all made by Rare. I haven't touched N64 emulation in years but the controller never felt right which is obviously a huge issue. I couldn't say what it is but it just doesn't feel right trying to use a gamepad pro.

It's genuine autism.
Same thing with those uber autists who buy NES bootlegs for 300$ a piece because they're "preserving history" by buying a mass produced corporate product, even though nobody including themselves cares.

Hahaha is this true? I used to smash those as a kid.

I can't imagine being so autistic.

Parallel is actually very poorly optimized and outdated compared to the ata4 fork of Angrylion on either PJ64 or Mupen64plus.
That and its glacial development pace means there really is no reason to use it as the bugs you find and report aren't going to be fixed for a long time.

It's because Muslims are not allowed to hear music and prayers at the same time.

The chants in Fire Temple were actual Muslim chants, not prayers. Like any other religion Islam has religious chants and songs inspired by holy scripture.

NES emulation is fine as far as I can tell. That's all I want. It doesn't have to be perfect. Just be close enough that I don't notice.

>>>/tumblr/

Fucking F-Zero X and Mystical Ninja and Mischief Makers And Beetle Adventure Racing.

Still doesn't change the fact that unless you get lucky at a yard sale that even a heavily used copy of a game with the label peeled off will run you $30+

Hitler didn't kill Jews though, so he was an alright guy.

Compare the amount of programmers who use an SGI compared to the amount of programmers who use an IBM PC, the ratio is massive. And now where the only people still interested in SGI machines are N64 emulator devs, and SGI fans, it's just not got a lot of eyes on it.

Like another user said, it's very hard to visualize non-trivial, alien hardware. We even have difficulty visualizing something like OS/2, which runs on the same hardware as our modern operating systems.

Mario 64 was developed on an SGI Octane running a N64 emulator before the actual hardware for the N64 was done.

Prove it.

I just tested running Banjo Tooie on it and compared it with Angrylion running in Mupen64plus
Mupen64plus runs it way better

I also did some tests using Mischief Makers.
The reduced input lag when compared to something like PJ64 and Mupen64plus is very noticeable(this is a good thing).
But there are many visual and core bugs which aren't even present in GlideN64(this is a bad thing). Notice the top line in the first screenshot. Compare that to the second one.
There is a weird line running through the left of the screen whenever you scroll a screen. I'll try to post a webm of that.
Then there is the generally subpar performance which randomly drops frames even when nothing intensive is going on(like level clear screens and level transitions)

this is why you don't upscale 2D. looks so bad. these games are 240p, play them in 240p.

Tell that to leftypol who want to kill anyone rich or successful, corrupt or not corrupt. Also killing jews isn't murder, it's pest control

Get fucked rat.

He was too kind, he thought jews could be taught the values of hard labor. And look at it now, kikes making million with fake stories 24/7.

Here is webm for the line on the left

Except mischief makers looks just fine

You seem to be lost.
>>>Holla Forums

This is the video games board.

If you want to LARP as a neo-nazi conspiracy theorist, there's a board for it.

Except that requires either a CRT, a big enough LCD or a handheld.

Only a very small set of games works for Dolphin because it's designed to only play those specific games, and everyone is trying to inject new games into it. It's not really working out.

oh and the guy who deved for Dolphin is a real cunt who deliberately sabotaged his plug-in for Project64.

I don't even agree with most of the shit they want or say. But you have to be an idiot to ignore what kikes are doing and have being doing for so long. Nice too see how you lurk this thread just so you can "respond" to people not buying your JIDF shit. Fuck you.

this isn't 3D. there's no more detail to uncover. In fact, some of it is meant to be obscured.

get one

Or you could of not have a kneejerk reaction and kicked the hornets nest in the process. If you don't want them to derail threads, don't fucking provoke them.

how embarrassing

real hardware also provides a better, clearer picture. you may have been too young to have used it at the time however.

Not killing your enemies is why your church is dieing mongoloid

Kosher.

>>>/oven/
Back to your containment unit.

Should've learned from the Egyptians, can't be done.

Here is a core issue in Parallel.
This level(and some other ones) run at half the original speed(30 FPS instead of 60FPS) while reporting a 100% speed. The game itself is running slow but things like the timer aren't affected.
In PJ64 and Mupen64plus this can be fixed by setting Count Factor to 1 instead of 0 but I couldn't find any setting like that in Parallel.

What exactly am I supposed to notice in that screenshot?

My understanding is that they never got enslaved, lots of claimed things just don't at up, like anything they've claimed.

how shit everything looks when you are just multiplying pixels

Except it doesn't look like shit at all. Have you even played the game in your life?

is anyone else satiated on screaming enough to be hungry for the proof to OP's claim, which he has yet to deliver?

yep, looks great in 240p through s-video.

Not everyone cares about meme lines. The banding certainly doesn't look good.

that's called 240p, and you're viewing a 240p image, just stretching it and it's very obvious.

And? You actually think anyone would output games at their native resolution when emulating?

You can emulate and use a CRT.

the 2D elements don't care.

Why the fuck would I do that? CRT monitors and CRT TVs look very different.

Neither do I. It looks perfectly fine.

You only have yourself to blame.

Here you go

do you have a git for it?

Nope, this seems to be their only website:
mupen64k.blogspot.com

Not only is that shit outdated as fuck, it doesn't list its source code at all.

Well use Google and find something better, idiot.

I am not the one spamming it around as an alternative you mong

Sperg out somewhere else, autist.

NOW KISS.

>>>/gaschamber/

Holla Forums is now cancer but you faggots are just as bad.
>>>/reddit/

I kind of like the new Gerudo design, so I never thought ill of it when I played the remake on 3ds, but I also had the gold cartridge with the 1.00 version of the game, so I kind of grew on the moon and star design, especially on the mirror shield. I think it looks better than the new emblem they made for the specific purpose of censorship.

Yes, but it's not the designated emulation thread:

Reminder that Holla Forums people like ID: 8f9868 perfectly understands that aggression towards Holla Forums can derail any thread. Don't even reply to anti-Holla Forums shills, this bait is too easy to get on to.
Today being a murderous commie is legal, when being country loving nationalist is not.

"Accuracy" aside. The emulator picture looks like 10x better.

I mean sure, if an emulator can get an entire screen-filling color wrong like that it can probably screw up plenty of things that won't look good at all, but right here, in this example, it looks way better. Aside from the ugly-ass color choice the N64 image is blurred to all hell to the point you can't even see the castle has anything but a flat top and just looking at it makes my eyes water.

nobody wants you here.

Fucking sucks, man

Yeah games are more than politics.
Games create politics.
And to a lesser extent mods.

I never had a PS1 so emulating on PSP was my only choice to play PS1 games. Emulation was accurate, the graphics looked okay since the PSP resolution was close to the PS1's native one so no garbage with scaling and the controls were almost the same on both systems so the experience was the same. It was really enjoyable playing on PSP and till now I couldn't replicate the experience on any of the emulators on PC.

I know that feeling, playing the games at 1:1 resolution is really comfy, same for NES and Genesis games on the PSP.

No one wants reddit/leftypol here. Fuck off.

that is not bomberman 64 though

Bomberman 64 (both of them which for some reason I can't pick apart by names)
Snowboard Kids
Mario Tennis
All the Mario Party to be honest
Goldeneye, though it aged like shit
Pokèmon Snap

It's a japan only Bomberman N64 game, not the same as the one you know.

Bomberman 64 in the west wasn't called Bomberman 64 in Japan. They had a different Bomberman 64.

Thanks to this thread I decided to download a bunch of N64 roms and explore the library a little. This game's really fun. Why does no one talk about it?

I also found a pretty decent (though totally generic) shmup.

A pretty fun puzzle game when you get a feel for it. Slightly bullshit.

Everdrives are pretty expensive. Is there a cheaper alternative for the N64?

because the US release got butchered.

There's only one game you need the V3 for, user. Do you REALLY need to play Animal Crossing on N64?

I'm playing the Jap version. American doesn't seem that much worse anyway.

That's a bit of a relief, although the V2.5 still costs £90 according to the same site.
I just figured that with the popularity of GBA and DS flashcarts at least one Chinese company would have made a knockoff N64 cart

It removed a bunch of content and switched shit around. It was popular enough to get a sequel though.

The Jew is a tricky creature, and one of alien origin. You may have been fooled by the Jew into believing their blood is red and human, like your own. However, Jew blood is in fact green.

Current Everdrives use RAM instead of flash memory to load the ROM. It's not cheap.

Fun fact, with a gameshark and or everdrive, you can disable the AA on console as well.

forgot Turok

Neither is correct. Gameshark can only disable one pass and only with specific versions. Good luck finding one that hasn't toasted itself. N64RGB by Tim Worthington has implemented the algorithms from the HDMI mod. The only way to properly clean up N64 is via RGB or HDMI mods.

Anyone manage to get Factor 5's games running? I did some googling, and it seems like it's near impossible due to some unique fuckery they did on their games.

You're better off playing the PC version of Rogue Squadron. And don't even bother emulating the cube ones, they also utilized Factor 5s impossible techo sorcery.

it's microcode which was low level access reserved for certain developers (rare, nintendo themselves, konami, factor 5, etc.) microcode isn't assembly, but it's a good thing to compare it to. Since all N64 emulation relies on treating the way N64 draws games the same way OGL/D3D draws games, when the games didn't get specific hacks and tweaks to get them running correctly the emulator will shit the bed. This is what people mean when they say N64 emulation sucks. It's because it's abstracted very far from the hardware, making it pretty much worthless.

this is was original hardware will always be superior.

Wasn't even worth $5 the rental fee as I recall. Why did people like these games? Or am I missing the ironic subtext?

Whats wrong with webm related?
Never really played any Factor 5 games. Gonna try some other ones.

Episode 1 works too though there are framerate dips. It looks uglier than Rogue Squadron tbh.
Resident Evil 2 works. FPS readout says 120FPS which is weird.
San Francisco Rush works too but has weird graphical glitches which probably could be solved by fiddling but I didn't bother
Infernal Machine doesn't even boot. Its a black screen.

Better on Dreamcast
On GameCube, in English no less.

Is shit even on the non foggy PC port.

Emulator/configuration?

m64p.github.io/