So did anyone here actually buy the NES emulator thing?

So did anyone here actually buy the NES emulator thing?
I want to believe no one got it, but supposedly it's selling like hotcakes mostly scalpers, probably.
Did any of you actually get it? was it worth it?
why?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/s7yCo
twitter.com/Raspberry_Pi/status/522487868984684547
twitter.com/Raspberry_Pi/status/522424924695441408
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I did. Want to fight about it, faggot?

Fight someone who's bought the Sega emulator

Abso-fucking-lutely.
But I also want to hear your reasoning for it first.

Oh right, that was a thing, wasn't it?

Nerd fight! Nerd fight!

I bought it because it's a Nintendo collectible and I collect Nintendo items as a hobby.

There's nothing wrong with that, is there?

Yes.

Hell no. Just recently I got my Official Harry Potter Obama Sonic schoolbag

I feel like I should mention I also like Nintendo most of the time, just so we're clear this isn't a brand loyalty argument or some shit
Would you collect anything produced by Nintendo?
I mean, I can understand collecting, but It's esthetically unappealing IMO and it doesn't do anything your PC can't, so it doesn't even really make sense to me from a novelty point of view.

If money allows.

In spite of what some tryhards think, I don't purchase Nintendo items for the sole purpose of making Nintendo money. More than half of what I buy comes from second market sources where Nintendo stands to make no profit.

For instance, do you honestly believe Nintendo made any profit off of my recent purchase off a nearly-century old deck of Hanafuda cards?

Accruing junk for the sake of having junk is a mental illness.

That you, Rob?

My brother bought 7, and he's gonna sell 6 to cover the costs of the one he's keeping (so, he will be getting it "for free"). I usually despise scalpers, but Nintendo fanboys are just asking for it.

I don't believe it's designed to be the most practical way to play older titles. It's meant to be a collectable, or else they wouldn't bother with making out a miniature SNES that only plays SNES games when the hardware can handle a whole lot more.

See, that's what I meant by novelty, these cards for example are cool, I can definitely see the appeal of collecting those.
But the NES classic edition? It's just a proprietary emulator box, it doesn't do anything new or interesting, it looks cheap and it's not even cheap. (what was it, 80 bucks or something?).
And I wager you bought the NES classic new, since you probably didn't pay an arm and a leg to buy it from a scalper.
What's good about it?
I'll accept you just like collecting Nintendo stuff (though I don't like it), but does it have any value other than collecting it?
Why collect something if it doesn't look cool, pretty or is at least interesting?

Your brother fucked up.

ROM WHEN?

Scalpers are not known for their keen intelligence

But it is interesting. It's a miniature version of a console that also functions as a rudimentary emulator. It has a slightly higher collect appeal than action figures or PVC statues because while it looks good as a static display, it functions as a mini game console.

Anyone got a magnet or ipfs hash of the star fox 2 rom?
I herd it was dumped recently.

The SNES mIni costs like 180 USD in my country, and scalpers are already selling them by 200-220 USD, so I don't think he fucked up. In the worst case scenario, he'll just recover his money

Very little inteligence is required for fooling Nintendo fanboys into buying overpriced things

How much shit do you have attached to your tv at a given time? It makes more sense to just hook up a PC and have access to ALL emulators.

I went out on a whim and found best buy had a ton. I just needed to walk up to the door and they were giving out those reservation papers like hot cakes to whoever showed up. Meanwhile theres a fatty ass line at gamestop.

I understand it is just paying for roms, but I thoroughly enjoy the aesthetic. SNES was big for me growing up so having a mini one I can take around to my cousins and friends houses to play with. Its not that convention to lug around but its small enough where it wont be a hassle.

Another case for me buying it os Ive always wanted a copy of Mario RPG. Ive seen it at flea markets and even there its like 120 bucks. I doubt the mexicans even know what they have they just google the trends it seems like. This toy is like having my own copy of Mario RPG and Yoshis Island. Thats what pretty much sold me. Plus with two legit snes controllers. In this market its totally worth the price. Granted you can do it all for free but for having something physical its a great option. It also helped that I didnt need to go hunting for one.

But the DS emulation on the PC is shit. flinging the mouse around is not as good as a phone touchscreen.

I have, like, two things hooked up at any given time.

And, again, I never claimed that I bought the SNES mini because it was practical.

But it's just an emulator shaped like a small NES!
What's the difference between this and, say, a raspberry pi like computer with an NES themed cover? (I'm sure these exist)
I'd argue figures are more interesting because at least they look nice, and something interesting could be an original NES, or a Nintendo power magazine from that time, a plug-and-play console shaped like a small version of the original one is just boring, and people are eating it up like it's a god send.
Is there anyone here who bought it not as a collector? arguing about collecting stuff won't go very far because it's so subjective.

How do you play Hanafuda? also, I recall that thing being related to gambling and the usual links between Nintendo and the Yakuza.

No shit.

The raspberry pi probably could Jane more games, but the other one wouldn't be a cheap unlicensed Chinese knockoff.

I can't sell you on the idea of buying one if your mind is already made up. Webby you're asking all these questions, I don't know.

If you're not a collector and you bought this you are likely literally borderline retarded.

Hanafuda is just the name of the cards. There are many games you can play with Hanafuda cards, but the most popular is a game called Koi Koi, which is sort of like poker.

Watch Summer Wars. The game was an important plot device in the movie.

The lack of awareness is staggering.

So you're saying the only people who bought it are collectors of some kind?
I find it hard to believe somehow.

I am set on not getting it since I don't get the appeal at all, I wanted to see what people who did get it have to say about it.

The collector's value accounts to just adults.

Three is, of course, the appeal towards kids and their parents who want to share their childhood with their children.

That's not hard to imagine, is it?

OK, will check it.

And people who don't know that emulators exist AKA borderline retarded people. What other reason other than collecting is there to purchase this?

Daily reminder that collecting trash like this basically makes you a racoon.

That's not hard to imagine but those are mutually exclusive reasons to own one, and each of those has a superior alternative.
If you want a collector's item, get a real collector's item.
If you want an emulator, get a superior emulator.

If you want to enjoy playing childhood games with your own children then you owe it to yourself to get the superior emulation so they can enjoy all the best games the system has to offer.

That's what I was hoping to find out.
(how in the fuck don't I have a single shrugging image on my computer is beyond me)

It's like you're viral marketing free emulators. I'm confused.

Patched version of Star Fox 2 that may have trouble being emulated, and I like the other games on there even though I have them all on PC. That's about it.

He's not "viral marketing" them, they're free, he's arguing in favor of them over inferior products which ARE marketed.

That's a stacked dog lady.

What the
is mark R.O.B.

>>>/furry/

anons never cease to amaze me with their shit taste.

How's your brother-in-law's dick feel in your ass, cuck?

zource? Reverse image searching gives me nothing.

This filename implies there are more.

A pi3 with Retropie and 2 SNES style gamepads made by Buffalo would run the price of the SNES classic, if you're straight up autistic you can even get an NES case for it, they do make them. Retropie+pi3 you can run just about every emulator out there from the Atari 2600,C64,NES,SNES and arcades ROMS, literally over 50 systems. I could understand buying an SNES Classic if it wasn't an emulator, you know all that nostalgia and its true to the original, but why bother.

saw it on Nico Blog….
don't want to jump through the hoops to get it (i am not a robot….go fuck yourself)

Got you, friend.

h tipple piss dr0pbb()x dawt c()m slash
s/zomre5nyi35cpy3/Star%20Fox%202%20%28USA%29.zip?dl=0

only 1 more sorry

I bought it too.

I'm a sucker for Quality Nintendo Products :^)

Consumerism has evolved into something much more horrifying. Fidel Castro was right, humans can't be trusted with wealth.

Stop using the device you're posting with, consumerist.

Yet he was wealthy as fuck and got backed by rich people, I wonder why and by who.

Also

Everyone is a consumerist. I try to be a responsible one, which is why I will not stop using this laptop. It serves a purpose. If I stop using it, it becomes trash.

Wealth itself is not bad. I just said that most people can't handle it, as can be seen ITT.

I know ten people who bought it. I tried telling them about emulators to no avail.

That said the game selection for it pretty tight.

she's a big girl.

What I really want is an N64, mini.

I'll finally have the chance to play Banjo Kazooie, Jet Force gemini, perfect dark, and conker's bad fur day on an N64 controller again.

user, why do you think there wasn't any RARE games on the Wii VC? Nintendo can't sell them anymore since they're owned by Microsoft.

ty fam

Because they were saving them for the N64 mini, of course.

What'd be the point?

Stop trying to defend your shitty purchasing decisions with retarded, nonsensical ultimatums
Anyone with sense can see how much of a pathetic autist you are

This product is the apex of retardation.

I have a raspberry pi with a case that looks like a snes and bluetooth snes gamepads from 8bitdo and that shit has a lot more games than that crappy snes, and also runs KODI and other shit while being more portable and having less wires to mess with. It was also incredibly cheaper.

Nintendo is bringing back the NES Classic next year, and they regularly pull shenanigans with limited supplies on product launches, so I'm planning on picking up both the NES and the SNES models in 2018 when they will likely drop in price.

The reason being is that is you will be able to modify the consoles to have complete rom sets for both the NES and the SNES, with portable hardware and authentic controllers. You can get that with a good DIY box for 20usd, but what you can't get is the presentation, the tactile experience, and the context of using the hardware in its time. Nostalgia is a powerful thing, and what I'm buying isn't a game console as much as a magic talisman, or a 10 second trip to Narnia. It is convenient. I won't have to deal with the struggle of connecting older hardware to modern machines, mismatched controls in virtual console, shoddy recreation systems where you still need the cartridges, or worrying about the DIY box presenting sound, graphics, or aspect ratios incorrectly. The social element, and being able to introduce old friends and kids to this in a public setting, with almost no trouble, is a huge selling point as well. If SEGA decided to do with the Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, or their arcade classics with decent recreations of fighting game controls and light-guns, I'd be on board there as well.

I did. Most games now are pozzed. These games arent pozzed just dated.

it's good for modding. there's already mods out for it so you can reduce input lag, and I imagine you can easily add roms to it soon.

Fidel's shithole of a country sure handled his wealth well.
Responsible consumers don't buy obsolete underpowered trash. Might as well trash it. Leftists can't handle money.

I guess some people just don't try very hard to get more value for their money

Yes, I got one.

I'm not too sure if it's worth it.

Because my dad thought it looked cool, and so we could play street fighter 2 like we used to when I was a kid.

Then do I have the product for you.

I grabbed one. I'm not going to imagine it was anything more than a purchase to recapture a small piece of my childhood in a convenient package, but hey, it made me happy and still does. I'd say it was worth it to me personally

No, because I'm not going to wait in line for hours to buy something I can download online for free.

Fucking retard.

Why wouldn't you just emulate them?

No objective evidence to support this.

Is this just for games or does it have BASIC?

Normalfags don't even know emulation exists.

I got mine, but I wish I bought 2, it's currently selling for about $500 aus online, I only paid like $130 retail…

As a good goy who bought this thing, I just have to say…

STAR FOX 2 IS THE SHIT

God Nintendo made a huge mistake not releasing this back in the day. It's basically a roguelike Star Fox game with a randomized sequence of events and secrets that happen on each playthrough. It's fucking amazing.

You can actually use it as a computer, so yes.
archive.is/s7yCo

twitter.com/Raspberry_Pi/status/522487868984684547
twitter.com/Raspberry_Pi/status/522424924695441408

Yeah, Raspberry Pi is great.

At this point, the RasPi practically means a SoC, it's becoming a generic name.

Ackchually true rougelikes never really existed, much like how jrpgs aren't rpgs

I bought one only to scalp it near the Christmas season. Lots of good goys out there willing to shell out a minimum 100% markup for muh collectible or their assinine kids.

Nintenyearolds on suicide watch.

The game has slowdown when displaying the end credits. Everything else I mentioned is also objectively true. Nintendo just cucked everyone with an emulator box that doesn't run its own games accurately.

Ninteniggers are always striving to be the best of goys, and that means buying roms made from the company that still can't emulate its own games remotely accurately.

I want to shoot you to death.

Pure cancer.

SoC?

I usually mock "GNU SLASH LEENUCS" fags, but I think treating every Single Board Computer as a "Raspberry Pi" is harmful to better and uncucked alternatives.
An Orange Pi PC (or PC Plus) is far cheaper and better than a CuckPi if you just want to use it for emulation (Lakka and RetrorangePi are good options, BR embed related)

They ported RetroPie to the Orange boards? That's pretty neat.
It would be nice if it supported bluetooth controllers, but I can't find any info on that

Is there a way to get VGA output in 4:3 resolution out of this board, 640x480 specifically? And can I use a USB DVD drive? Because if so, I might be interested.

So did these things sell out?

I might have if it was cheaper. I have a few cartridges that warrant replaying. Does it even have hdmi or usb ports? Maybe even something that could let people play Seiken Densetsu 3 or Chaos Engine online? Then it would be huge. As it is, I'll stick to emulators.

Do you even know how this thing works retard?
Then you would have been doing that anyway with the SNES Cuckslic.