Why did this game have so much contempt for the continuity of the original game...

Why did this game have so much contempt for the continuity of the original game? It feels more like a reboot than a prequel.

Other urls found in this thread:

void.cat/9e4581183cd6c6e7fed956c8030d1501758e3cb0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because short-term decision-making for $$$

why do you care about the story in deus ex? It's a joke story.

It's actually based more on invisible war than the original and it shows.

Why did this game have so much contempt for the continuity of the original game? It feels more like a reboot than a sequel.

Does that answer your fucking question?

I know that you talking about Deus Ex but do you expect to happen to old IPs taken from their creators?

Holla Forums is borking up.

It's a preboot, it's Deus Ex Babies, it's Young Deus Ex.

I think it was mostly incompetence, they shouldn't have tried to make Adam such a recognised face, like having his mug on the cover of this (and that other abortion they barfed up) as their 'kewl guy' stole too much focus from the tangled web of lies and shit he's supposed to be navigating.

I bought the original Deus Ex on a whim because I liked the blurb on the back of box, JC looked like a deranged carved potato with sunglasses on in the game but he was a world hopping, conspiracy uncovering, ATM hacking badass deranged carved potato with sunglasses on and we duly loved him for it. Adam comes off as simultaneously no-one (much like Alex in Invisible War) and yet somehow pivotal simply because he's fresh out of being Robocopped.

Didn't they lump another team with boss fights or something? Were they way behind or rushing it at that point? Madness either way and of course the less said about the ending the better, that leaves a sour taste reminiscent of Mass Effect 3.

>(((reboot)))
kys

who knows OP

saved

I unironcally enjoyed this game

Original > powergap > HR > MD > powergap > shit > IW

Stop insulting IW, IW wasn't Gears Of War sneakan edition and is vastly superior to HR both as a game and specifically as a Deus Ex game.

Hello reddit. The Denton must be a "virgin" in this picture. Not Jensen.

Oh fuck off with your revisionism
Just because Human Revolution is bad doesn't make Invisible Wars better.

I am not insulting IW, I actually like the game and don't understand the hate towards it. But it is obvious that eidos montreal based HR off it. The two games are similar.

What tedious gameplay? Your options aren't highlighted by the placement of chest high walls. Guess having to find your own playstyle counts as "tedious" in the current year. The other points are legitimate tho, it's by no means perfect. Just a lot better than HR.

There's almost zero overlap between the core gameplay loops of IW and HR. You have a lot of explaining to do if you want to claim HR is more similar to IW than to GOW.

Don't fucking current year me you little shit. You're the one defending the consolized piece of shit.

You're defending HR which is far more consolized, so by your own standards you really should contemplate a visit of >>>/suicide/

Fuckoff >>>/redddit/

Just as you swallowed up the bullshit about Deus Ex being a masterpiece, the current year generation is being taught the same about Undertale. And when you are going to explain them how they've been brainwashed, they will going to turn their eyes on you and answer that it's a consensus dude.

I literally said its bad
Jesus christ did playing IW give you brain damage?

For shame

Can you be more specific? In my opinion, they mostly just avoided the original game's plot altogether, rather than treading on the setting. What do you think they did wrong?

Agreed. That's part of why they did the hybrid first-person/third-person thing–so you would see him more. I ended up being OK with that camera switching, but it took some getting used to, and I would have preferred just being able to lean.
Yes. They outsourced the boss fights to a different developer. When the Director's Cut was released, they overhauled the boss fights and tried to give players more options. I think the new fights are better, but still bad, mostly because they come out of nowhere and you have no context for them. In the original Deus Ex, the boss fights were people you knew. You understood what they were doing and why they were doing it. You knew them as characters. Human Revolution's bosses have no characterization or apparent motivation. The one in the body exhibit looks really cool, though.

I'm surprised how mad this makes me.

It is.

100% correct.

Polite sage for doublepost.

Did playing HR leave you with a stroke that prevents you from explaining what you meant by "tedious"? And don't pretend "X is bad" counts as anything other than interpunctuation around here.

STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE

Great strawman, still doesn't explain what the fuck "tedious" should mean in respect to IW. I could understand it being described as claustrophobic or limiting, as the very idea of all out assaulting a position gets strangled by the universal ammo system, but "tedious"? I'm more puzzled than anything else how someone could think exactly that should be a major complaint about IW. Makes no sense.

STOP
STOP
FUCKING STOP

Leave.

STOBBIT JUST FUCJING STOPPID
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

It doesn't even feel like it takes place in the same world. Why is 2027 more futuristic than 2052? Hell, even invisible war is more grounded in reality. I realize the irony in arguing for realism in a series where you essentially play as a cyborg ninja most of the time, but still.

Because they saw Deus Ex was about the future so they added all sorts of futuristic shit and then realised that a sequel to IW wouldn't be the smartest choice, so what you get in the end is a sequel disguised as a prequel. When I was playing the game, I only remembered that it was one when the game mentioned Bob Page in the shitty DLC level, even though the devs made it pretty damn clear in the intro that it was a prequel. Everything from the environment and technology to the game's theme presented itself as being a sequel, since the devs desperately wanted to shove their shitty sci-fi ideas into the game. As a result, the game was 99% to do with augmentations, aspects like the FEMA camps were glossed over despite having a lengthy level where you sneak into one, since those just simply happen and nobody ever mentions a single damn thing about them afterwards.

What a coincidence, so many (1) posts just spontaneously showing up accusing everything in sight of being Reddit. Seems like someone is butthurt enough after being accused of being a Redditor that he would spam using proxies.

Nah, it's because culture shifted. People now want MORE government (and corporation) overreach. How can you make it about the NWO, when you're jizzing yourself over the idea. Instead make it about discrimination, sure HR had illuminati, but it's first mission was dealing with anti augmentation terrorists, then the sequel went further and it was less illuminati and more muh racism.

It didn't. You didn't pay attention to the story and didn't read any of the emails/books/backstory items.

And neither did you.

Apparently you didn't either. Did all of you faggots skip the cutscenes, race through the dialog, and ignore every single story item in the game?

And that's four, four people at bare minimum that didn't pay one iota of attention to HR/MD story and don't understand how the events in HR and the 1/3-1/2 of MD that was finished for the final release lead to events between MD and DX1 that put the world in the lower state. Plagues, demonization of augmentation to the point only government agents and officials can have them because citizens got too much power and that Hugh Darrow faggot got butthurt over shit, economic collapse, companies like Sarif industries (which were the reason places like Hengshah and Detroit were suddenly modern high-tier cities instead of shitholes) being destroyed so illuminati/MJ12-owned companies can rise instead, and no indication whatsoever that the locations in DX/IW were futurized so strongly as Detroit. You can't tell me that military robots, nanomachines, and fully autonomous world-controlling-capable AIs (compared to a CGI bodied AI that spoke fake news it was told to speak) are less technologically advanced than mere biometric limbs and fancy billboards.

DM killed the franchise, right Holla Forums?

F.

Fuck off with your reddit memes

So that's how the FO3 shotty works. /k/ will be relieved.

The shell won't have enough momentum to just magically glide over a distance longer than its own length like that.

It would take Korborov himself to make the design work.

how do you know that's a reddit meme? are you from reddit?

I really liked HR more than I think I should have as a fan of the series. I justify it looking more "futuristic" as 1) more mechanical augmentations (prosthetic robo limbs and such) over nanoaugmentations (skin and tissue are augmented) making the technology more noticeable in the enemies… 2) The setting of HR more closely involving corporations who made use of or even developed the world's technology, therefore looking newer compared to DX, where the world is comparably in complete chaos… And 3) The improvement of graphics in general - the old UE1 DX obviously had less room for shiny computer panels and detailed cities.

Prequel, reboot, preboot, sequel disguised as a prequel - I think if it wasn't for the Deus Ex name it'd be a "spiritual successor." I think I have the same "gameplay mindset" playing through HR as DX, but I must concede that if I looked at HR not knowing what it is I wouldn't think it was a Deus Ex game at all.

What's the consensus about Mankind Divided though? I didn't even pay attention to it as it came out. I don't know anything about it.

It's just more HR. Has as much content as a $20 DLC pack, worth a pirate. I played it and never touched it again even though it has ng+, it's just that small.

Story sucks and it finishes very abruptly half way through, so it feels very short and unsatisfying at the end. Denuvo on PC. Only one real hub map too.
That said the level design and overall gameplay is a definite step up, the levels are way more nonlinear and there's lots of paths throughout each mission which make it very satisfying. I'd even go so far as to say that it has some of the best level design of the series, definitely at least a step up from HR. Stealth has improved too. Atmosphere is great. Worth a pirate if you like HR.

Mankind Divided is just Human Revolution 2, except with bigger levels. I don't mind that at all, but it's a little underwhelming, especially since the story is blatantly unfinished and there's only one hub city. That hub city is huge and highly detailed, but I would have happily had a smaller, less detailed one if it meant we could have a second hub, for more visual variety.
There are some small improvements to the gameplay, like ammo types, wireless hacking, the arm-blades, and more weapons and gadgets. If you liked HR, you'll like MD, except when you get to the end and realize it's unfinished.

I would be inclined to agree with you on the technology aspect if it weren't for shit like Hengsha having a floating city, everyone from your granny to the neighbour's dog having augs (specifically in regards to the quest in Hengsha with the speech aug being stated as compulsory to keep your job) which also is shown to have a thriving business and in general just the fact that EVERYONE keeps talking about augmentations, especially the homeless, even though only the rich can afford it. I can understand that people freaking the fuck out at the end of HR being the reason why it is less prevalent but not to the point of almost total non-existance outside of the military and security. Even among well-paid researchers in DX you don't really see augmentations and there is nothing to suggest that they would have ones that you can't see like brain implants, the only non-military personnel you see having them is Bob Page. This is despite the fact that Morgan Everett, Dowd and Tracer Tong would most DEFINITELY have not only easy access to this technology (along with the resources to pay for the maintenance) but also have access to it in a way noone else can control it.

It's the same butthurt retard making (1) posts accusing everything of being Reddit in every single thread, most likely to dilute the term because he is one himself.

MD is a piece of shit. HR was ok.

Put some effort into your posts, fam.

Why the fuck would I wanna listen to you.

Well, segregation or at least extreme prejudice was a plausible outcome from the death of 9 million people from the shitty chip implants. I think when they started making the game, people were just starting to freak out about Google Glass users making videos of them in stores and shit.
They pushed it too far I think, but it could have comfortably been a dominant theme alongside ongoing matters of government overreach and private corporations stomping on personal freedoms.

You're right though in that idiots have no concept of complex issues of privacy, government overreach, etc, and I think it's the job of commercial media to keep it current in people's minds by means of compelling and relatable stories.
I think the X Files is a good example of media which popularized various conspiracy theories by means of being compelling and good watching, and I think the developers forgot that when making Mankind Divided. You don't target what's popular now, you pursue proper themes for your story and you make your story so good that people become invested in your ideas.

fucking kill yourself.

They could have also pursued ideas like government approved, licensed and nerfed augments which would be monitored, which would tie neatly into the surveillance theme they touched on with the drones and such, and echo current trends of insurance companies putting tracking devices in cars.

It really isn't. It's yet another shitty RPG-FPS hybrid game running in the worst iteration of Gamebryo, an engine not designed for RPG-FPS hybrids.

Hell, why not have a quest to find someone which is easily trivialized if you can hack into a cop's aug tracking system. Or a quest where you have to collect evidence against someone and it's really easy if you hack into their augmentations and search through the recordings the augs made of the person.

Only recently i found out you could follow WS all the way to the interrogation room he locks. The more i replay Deus Ex, the more hidden stuff i find.

Because it was made by creatively bankrupt canucks high on social justice.

#Auglivesmatter
Like omg, I'm the best writer in the world 😎
-t. Square Enix

I think it was less contempt and more ignorance.

>The one in the body exhibit looks really cool, though.
It was kind of cool, but also really dumb. It's like they got the idea and then based the whole scene around it even though it makes no sense at all in a greater context. Like, was he standing around like that all day hoping someone would come by so he could spook them?

I fucking hate entertainment industry, it's like human centipede on a closed loop.
ENDLESS REGURGITATION OF SHIT WHICH GETS EVEN SHITTIER EVERY CYCLE

Yeah, the first part was what I found most retarded about HR.

And then they doubled down on it by calling everything bad as being the Illuminati, while the original and even Invisible War provided a case as to why they should continue to exist. The only thing HR provided was "sure, we are manipulating people but come on dude, join us" with Taggart at the end of the game.

Reminder that the Illuminati is full of white men, a token white woman and a token nigger.

I wonder if Bethesda designed it that way because they didn't want to have to modify the default stance and animations involved in holding a rifle, since it would probably cause clipping if the magazine was in a logical position.

dude illuminati lmao

???

The guy that made minecraft.

I think Ross summed it up pretty well.
void.cat/9e4581183cd6c6e7fed956c8030d1501758e3cb0

Stop.

Is picus supposed to be this hard? I keep having to save scum this entire area despite not having any problems with the previous one and only reloading around once or twice. I'm doing a non lethal run so maybe thats it?

DESPERATE

I don't remember having much trouble with it, except the basement area when you wait for the funicular.