GUNDAM VERSUS

GUNDAM VERSUS

First release of this series outside Japan. Can finally try in English with good ping. Not a single thread about it? I thought you goys would be all over this game. Not that familiar with the gameplay myself, ordered Japanese one years ago (Full Boost?) but couldn't stomach the autism required to navigate the menus and shit so only played for an hour. Hope someone else can post some good gameplay. I mean it's the fucking dream game, Gundam and viable for playing to win. Had to buy a PS4 for about the 4th time just to try it, so I won't get to play until Saturday. Hoping it will keep me entertained and then hopefully I can get into Dissidia as well when it drops unless Koei fuckup everything like they normally do and make it unplayble for non Japs. I just need a competitive game that isn't a shooter, some autist fest (ASSFAGGOTS) or a Street Fighter clone thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/unlimitedbrettworks/gundam-versus/gundam-versus-guide
youtube.com/watch?v=xlJidOS8RIE
exvsrank.ninja-x.jp/gvs_500.html
www65.atwiki.jp/gundamversus/
ggez.space/gundam-versus/
youtube.com/channel/UCL9FBY-ygELF0yXHMjKRbyQ/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Theres your answer
Jesus fuck

Also Reconguista in G was really good in my opinion.

I'm planning on getting it tomorrow, should be fun.

I've bought and sold PS4 everytime there's a game to try that I take notice of because the console sucks ass with nothing much to play on it, not sure what the problem is. Not sure what's wrong with Dissidia, didn't really play cause it's a handheld game with some sort of RPG grinding thing, I just want versus multiplayer. Why did you even bother posting. What are you playing?

The gameplay is as good as it ever was, but the dlc scheme is the utmost kikery I've ever seen.
The worst part is that I'm a fucking retarded gunota and I'll allow bamco to buttfuck me with the whole dlc bullshit for Nightingale and Baund Doc.
Quess Jagd doga when

No it wasn't. Easily the worst gundam series ever made. Even Destiny is better.

I've seen

MSG
MSG Zeta
Victory
Wing
Turn A
8th MS Team
War in Pocket
Stardust Memories
F91
Chars Counter
Seed
Seed Destiny
Unicorn
Reconguista

I think it's one of the better ones for myself. Obviously there are comparisons to Turn A but I definitely feel there's some special there, whatever the formula applied is. Reconguista feels like there's zero bullshit, no cringe, no needless drama, it just continues forward and doesn't care about you. It's probably for older people. Tomino series are the better ones but I would not pass on the idea that the way Reconguista handles itself is deliberate commentary. I like Turn A as well but I would need to rewatch on bluray first. I'm happy we're going to be getting more.

Uhhhhhh, are you underage?

I played that one in 2001 or something. Wouldn't consider them part of the competitive arcade "fighter" series that started around 2009 from what I can dig up. You can see the foundations starting though but the multiplayer portion was just sort of there as a time waster?

It was literally an arcade game before being ported to PS2, it just also happens to be one of the only iterations where they bothered actually adding features to the home release.

G Gundam sucks, After War sucks, ZZ sucks, Iron Blooded Orphans seems to suck, AGE seems for kids at least, Gundam Build Fighters is cancer, Origin sucks. I forgot to mention I have seen first season of Thunderbolt, it was good.

PS4 is dogshit compared to previous consoles. Have nearly everything I need with my PC.

Are you imagining yourself being tomino 46fdd8-kun?
Take your pills.

Is this game worth buying if I have no interest in multiplayer? I like most Gundam-related things, but I'm not sure if that's enough reason to get it.

OP, i know your thread is slow and all, but that's no reason to bait

I would say not worth. The singleplayer could be fun I'm sure, I think I remember the PS3 games having ridiculous boss fights and shit, but it's just there to add training wheels and some extras for the core competitive game. Like a story mode in a fighting game.

To be fair I've only watched the first episode of G Gundam, but several times over. Downloaded it a whole bunch but cannot watch. I find it unbearable. I love the Shining Finger thing though, the English voicework is fun. But it doesn't fit with me, really edgey non-story about finding your father + villain of the week that ends the same way with recycled animations. I do like that they designed a unique gundam for nearly every episode, I've flicked through quite a few.

I understand why people like it, I can see the memes appeal, but I don't think I would ever rewatch it if I bothered to force myself to the end, so in that angle I won't bother trying.

They pandered to westerners and fucked game. Remove local multiplayer, remove custom sound track, shitty covers and heard they did changed menus and some other stuff. Glad it failed so hard. This is mostly multiplayer game so it's not worth it.

I had a feeling that was the case. Oh well, I guess.

You mean the ones that were in previous games for free outside of maybe 5 of them? The fact that you had to pay extra for those was bullshit to begin with. Even worse is that this game has the same music as the last game with a few additional songs and losing the extreme songs. They could have at least made new remixes as there are plenty of good battle themes to use from Gundam of which I can't post due to being blocked.

Main reason I stopped playing though was the horrible connection in the JP version. You would drop from 1 of 4 matches. Sometimes 3 times in a row.

I only played the PS3 game a few times but I bought the premium version with all the extra music like a good goy. Digital. Over 100 dollarydoos for a game that would be unplayable for me network wise even. But with this release I can redeem myself.

I also got it manly to play local with my brother. Got butthurt when I learned soundtrack wasn't on disc but downloadable so I wasted money for nothing. At least you can upload any song and used it but you can't with this one.

This game doesn't have local multiplayer either which is a bunch of nonsense. Would have been better off getting Maxi Boost with all the suits in the game.

The DLC kikery made me say "fuck it, I'll just wait for the new Virtual On instead".
If it ever gets a PC release I'll just pirate it.

==OP AND HIS THREAD SUCKS POST SUPERIOR ZEON MS

The pacing can get unbearable at times, i agree, particularly at the beginning, but after they actually explain what's going on it gets better
I don't get what you mean with this. The story is very basic, but that's because it's basically a classic kung-fu story in a super robot environment, and where did you even try to get with edgey?
Also, it's kinda ironic that you complain about a non-story when you enjoyed G No Reco

You got me user, you're the winner. It's all so ironic and I'm a big hypocrite. I can't beat that. Take this picture of Shadow the Hedgehog.

I'm getting my ass kicked by the CPU but at least I can navigate the game now. It's just like I remembered. What "to do" is the learning curve, makes you feel retarded firing off and hoping but I will get there if I stick at it. Need to download updates and shit to play the online. As other fags may have mentioned I am very disappointed by the music amount, feels barebones to jew you into buying them if you can already or in the future.

It's strange that I can have matches with no lag at all playing with the japs, but when faggots of my own fucking country join the game becomes a glorified slideshow if the match doesn't get dropped altogether.

There's a solution for the music debacle that perhaps requires autism. The ps4 has a media player that you can control ingame by holding the ps button, so I converted (and edited) a metric shitload of tracks from the gundam osts to mp3, put them into an usb, plugged that shit in and turned down the game music volume.
Ghetto custom soundtrack that actually works better than anything scamco has to offer.

Versus games are nip ASSFAGGOTS, only requiring slightly more skill. Meh.

some useful stuff for new players:

>sites.google.com/site/unlimitedbrettworks/gundam-versus/gundam-versus-guide

>youtube.com/watch?v=xlJidOS8RIE

you can find lots of character videos on niconico, just put in [gvs] +the gundam's nip name

let's be fucking honest, this is one of the only mecha games on the horizon for the foreseeable future. it's not ac or chromehounds but it's considerably better than shit like hawken and titanfall and it's not like you fags are playing vd.

I suppose it's time to post resources.

exvsrank.ninja-x.jp/gvs_500.html

www65.atwiki.jp/gundamversus/

ggez.space/gundam-versus/

youtube.com/channel/UCL9FBY-ygELF0yXHMjKRbyQ/videos

You can also search in youtube for ガンダムバーサス and the mobile suit name for some high level play videos.

How much space do all the tracks on the usb take up?

I guess i'll have to stop playing both games for a while and then turn back to VS only.

I wanted to believe this could be the one but unfortunately due to Jap incompetence it cannot. Players are split into too many gamemodes, and then by region. Unfortunately in the mind of Japs, european folk don't play online together and you're only given the option of worldwide vs country, I'm assuming that's the fuckup like every other Jap game at least. So you got playerbase filter needlessly crushed to nobody vs laggy as all hell. I tried 3v3, took longer to start than the match lasts, country search found zero. Other option is lobbys of which only 3 results came up on worldwide filter. I'm probably going to have to return the game, playing a game should never feel like work. It's okay when you know the game but not for starting out, but fuck me it's another in a long list that suffers from the same pointless issues, still designing online navigation for Japs only.

481 megs for 68 songs currently, until I cave in and convert more songs, which is somewhat annoying when It's necessary to edit intros and outros of some tracks in audacity to fit in as battle themes.
Remember that the songs have no interaction with the game, as they are being played by the console's own media player, and there isn't any kind of limit except the storage capacity of the usb.

The game is far from perfect thanks to some awful decisions done by scamco, but I have to disagree completely with your assesment about the split playerbase.
I'm europoor and I had no trouble at all finding matches under a worldwide filter on any gamemode that I tried (and I tried all of them except that 1vs1 trash), and surprisingly I could play matches with 3 jap or burgerclap players without the slightlest hint of lag.
It didn't require any kind of effort to find a match, and while I can assure you that I played some terribly laggy games that even disconnected due to sync errors, I actually had an almost unblemished experience with netplay compared to what I went through with the beta.

The netcode is perhaps mysterious and I don't know if it speaks in favour or against the devs, seeing how there was a particular case where I had a completely smooth game with a jap, a chink and a yank, retaining the jap and chink for the following match with a guy from my country replacing the 4th player, only for that match to be an unplayable slideshow with dropped inputs left and right.
It seems that the player who is the weakest link in regards to network connection quality can bring the whole game down for the rest.
Worst part is that those bars that serve as a connection quality indicator for players straight up lie, as blue coloured players can fuck everything up while red ones actually allow for fluid matches.

The connection is shit at times. I can play fine with many JP players and then some will just never work.

Its been pretty awful at times. People too bored to actually talk about video games. The "Holla Forums doesn't play video games" meme is only true for shitposter.
Also Project Nimbus just came out and there's the Virtual ON game coming next year.

That's a shame. I played the JP version and could consistently find players. I see there's no reason to get the english version then. Also the DLC really pushes me away from this game. Maxi Boost for consoles would have been better though I appreciate the new stages and some of the new suits.

How can you claim a show is a villain of the week thing if you've only ever seen the first episode? He wasn't even looking for his father either, he was out to find and save his brother.
GRecofags are worse than IBO fujos. Holy shit.

Why would you play it in English to begin with? It's already in perfectly legible Japanese. Besides, it's a fighting game, not a proper action game like Gundam Breaker.

pretty much

SO A RECAP OF EVENTS
>OP is a faggot and basically an (((Anime Expert)))

What a faggot, also anyone wanna play GvG FULL BOOST on PS3?

G Gundam is the best show with Gundam in the name.
Dragonar is the best Gundam show.
The best Gundam show with Gundam is the original

This could be part of your problem, from what I've heard of the English dub it was practically a joke dub with how bad the acting was. Also keep in mind, it's very much in the style of wuxia theater, and is overall much more Super Robot than Gundam generally is yet still manages to be more true to what Gundam is about than SEED, 00, AGE, Unicorn, or Tekketsu

Now I'm convinced you're just shitposting, jesus christ.

Into the trash it goes. It's a shame that I thought this had potential but at this point they should have just made maxi boost plus.

Yeah but you can play as cool robots here

I could maybe give him AW and ZZ, but anyone who can't find enjoyment in G has got to be the biggest no-fun-allowed cocksucker alive.

I was just joking around

Yeah, I can see why there is no thread about it.

>THICC Gundam piloted by a trap robot is DLC
They knew what they were doing in that case. There's no excuse for the others, especially fucking G-Self.

Reconguista was pretty ok.
I'm pretty partial to 0083 and 08th ms team myself.
Thunderbolt is pretty good too.

WHOM?

G Gundam also has some of the best settings to work with

Your waifu a shit.

The best part about that gundam is that there actually is a skinny gundam trapped underneath

Comfy playing on the couch with friends never ever again

君を笑いに来た

Nice kneejerk reaction you got there, faggot.
This isn't a waifu.

I'm clearly shitposting, user. We're talking about giant robots here.

How do I not suck as Gyan, or do I just suck it up and play as M'Quve until I unlock Gihren? I want to like him as a melee suit, but I'm having trouble making his moves flow together.

You were talking shit about Virtue? That's crossing lines, pal. Gundam has a long and honored history of fatass badass 'bots.

When does this show get good though? I love the soundtrack and some of the mobile suits but after watching the first 6 episodes it was pretty damn boring with the most entertaining character being the pilot of that Neo China mobile suit. Most of the fight scenes (so far) aren't interesting or have anything going for them besides being crazy martial arts in mobile suits which would be great if there was more thoughts put into the fights. I can understand shows like this are just setting up for the big tournament they have later on but this gives no tension or anything dramatic that makes the viewer want to see Domon fight these other mobile suits. All he cares about is finding his brother for reasons they have yet to explain and so far that seems to be the only draw of the story (granted there isn't much of it considering what this show is going for).

I don't think the show is bad just average and I would honestly watch a different show if it takes 7+ episodes just for something to get good.

That combined with half the soundtrack being locked unless you purchase an even more expensive version is just absurd. Personally I also dislike universal assists as everyone just picks the strongest assists and now everyone has a very powerful tool that can get them out of situations their mobile suit wasn't designed for. Like that assist where the lance wielding mobile suit from IBO starts off delayed and then pokes you for big damage. That assist cock blocks any melee attempt 3 times.

It comes to the point where the player has to be aware which assist the enemy is using instead of what mobile suit they're using.

What exactly is the problem besides chaining the moves? Are you being hit out of combos, enemy side steps everything, or you can't even get close most of the time? Usually for suits like that the combo is 5Melee - 5M - side step - 5M - 2M. 5 meaning that it's neutral or you're pressing no direction. 2 meaning you're holding down. Anyway that should deal big damage but you need time to pull it off. If you don't have time then 5M - 8M should allow you to melee them and then slash through them to knock them down and retreat away from enemy fire.

Hadn't played around with neutral melee too much, I'll try it.

GBF Try is cancer though, it brought retards into gunpla who thinkl their shitty snap builds are as beautiful as a well build and painted model because of the "gunpla is freedom" meme from the show.

Try was also a lot less fun to watch than GBF.

it was worse than wing's

ZZ gets off on a rough foot by after about 15 episodes it becomes much more like like Zeta. I have no idea why the opening arc is such a mess, I think Tomino was dicking around on purppose

Niggawat?

Because Tomino is the kind of person who lets his emotions dictate the story. look at Ideon and then look at Combat Mecha Xabungle.

Depressed Tomino is always followed by Happy or vice versa.

Hell you can see that especially well when you consider Zeta had more tragedy than a Shakespearean play.

Gotta remember Zeta came after ideon which earned Tomino his nickname "kill em all"

He's got no gripes killing off characters

It took me a sec to realize that 8M is made to knock down opponents or beat out 5M in a trade. Therefore you can barely combo off it unless it's another 8M. When he has that shield activated, you can run right at people with no worry of being shot down which makes running from him much harder and scarier. It forces people to block instead of shoot back. When the shield is gone you stall with missiles and hang around mines with people get close.

Melee is risky because there are so many ways people can get you off them. Side stepping, shooting, melee, set-up attacks like Gyan's mines, assists like SUMO, The O, and such, or just blocking. I couldn't do melee well until I had good fundamentals and understanding of other suits and how to deal with certain situations.

I'm so glad that happened. You can't just do whatever the hell you please on a battlefield and not die. He risked so many lives with his bullshit and he was saved every time. You would think he would have learned to listen to people more experienced than him after a few close calls but he didn't learn a damn thing.

He was too infatuated with Sarah and Zeta has a sub story which is basically "women ruin everything" or something akin to it. Reccoa is a bitch and I'm glad she's dead.

Yeah, the Gyan has some sorta weird attacks that make it hard to follow up with additional attacks.

I actually liked Reccoa. She just wanted a man to settle down with but she also couldn't get away from the thrill and constant conflict her job gave her. But no matter what side she went to, she was manipulated by men. Either it was Char or Paptimus using her for their own gain. She even realized this but was in too deep to go back to the AEUG after joining the Titans and committing war crimes.

For some reason, most cyber newtypes were women. Maybe it's because women are more easy to manipulate or a reason I'm forgetting. Either way, many people fell for these women and did stupid shit for them. Kamille should have killed when she fought him in the psyco gundam. Though his "sister" didn't really do many things wrong. But by that point Kamille was just fed up with the bullshit from this war.

Oh I get it you hate fun.

They're so fast and unwieldy.

I wish it had local multiplayer. Holla Forums isn't talking about it because it's not on PC.

Probably also easy tragedy. The audience is more likely to care about women getting killed, or having bad shit going on. Unless, of course, you are talking about a character like Quess who can just die in a fire along with Hathaway.

The thing is in G gundam the machines have literally become exstnesions of the human body with the mobile trace system actively able to mimic human movement in large machines made for close quarters combat.

Do you think people half a century ago dreamed of computers or machines that let you carry music around in your pocket? As tech evolves we're able to do new things.

GvG Full boost on PS3 has local

Be warned local coop in Full Boost has FPS dips.

Also heh, I still remember Amuro saying "It's a little different, but it's still a Gundam!" when I use him in the God Gundam in DWG3.

Honestly shit like this is interesting. Actually fun fact, Heero's Seiyuu is a fan of SRW games and does extra lines for free

Alpha series is great and is a must play. technically going by what happened in Alpha Gaiden, they recovered a version of the GP-02 in the future buried under a mountain cycle.

Burning stays alive through the events of 0083. In fact you even canonically (in alpha's timeline) prevent four's death as she goes on to pilot the G defenser or can be put into Zeta. Shit's fun

I've played them, just a little late arriving is all…working through V and Moon Dwellers. I can only imagine how different things would have been if Alpha had been localized as planned.

That actually sounds pretty fucking cool. I'm such a sucker for the multiple lines of dialogue for main characters meeting each other like that.

Also the events work together.

In alpha the OYW ends prematurely when operation M happens.

In 2nd Alpha CCA happens because of the events in Alpha Gaiden in that the cast is thrown into a future that is a mix of After War GX/Xabungle and then later Turn A. Char's entire plan is to drop axis IIRC is to crush the earth cradle to prevent the ancestors from awakening.

Of the 4 games Gaiden is the only one with a 100% english translation. It's worth a play and is actually a challenge.

I am almost positive that Episode 6 is EXACTLY when they explain what the plot is regarding Kyouji and the Devil Gundam, but it has been a while admittedly. That said, if you're not enjoying the show already, I don't know what to tell you, you might just be broken in the soul.

Can't speak on the effect it had on the hobby, though at least in the case of Gunpla, I don't see how that would really affect what Gunpla get made or anything like that? Does the community really matter to that hobby?

Disagree there, I enjoyed both a ton.

That's why the beginning is the best part of the show

But then Holla Forums would never talk about video games at all except old Famicom type stuff that can be emulated.

Midorikawa is a huge goofball, it's great. He's also the voice of Original character Masaki Andou, and when 2nd OGs, which started with the OG adaptation of the EX plot, was coming up, they did a thing where he played through one of the first stages with the staff and did out loud reads of the non-voiced intermission dialogue including his familiars, his attempt at doing a girl's voice is just a scream

Thank goodness it wasn't, I'd hate to see how shitty SRW would've become if it'd started getting made with the West's sensibilities in mind.

It might have led into SRW with dating mechanics, eeeegh.

OK imagine redditors flooding this board

That is basically the way to describe it

As godawful as that sounds, it at least wouldn't have the effect of changing what Gunpla gets made, as opposed to with video games where they specifically ruin games to appeal to those retards. Besides, if I let the idiot audience ruin shows for me, I'd never be able to watch anything by Gainax.

No, fuck you. Judau gets people killed and gets away with it because of bullshit that only makes sense in a meta sense. The most sympathetic character is Mashymere and he is just pathetic.

It does become an issue when you get the gunpla threads filled with retards who complain about how people are being "newfags".

G Gundam is only good if you're stoned or drunk, and you don't take it seriously.

It's really bad if you're sober.

It is probably the most emotionally potent Gundam series period, what the fuck are you talking about?

Reminder /m/ superiority

Try invited a wave of "le gunpla is le freedom" faggots that slapped kits together covered in paint that hasn't been thinned in color combinations that just do not fucking work. They gathered the absolute wrong message from the anime and made everyone around them miserable because of this.

Pretty much.

Though to be fair some of my earliest work was shit. I still keep my Assault Zaku kitbash around. I'll make a refined version some day that looks nice but for now gunpla is on hold due to financial issues

abuse the shit out of your super armor to close distance while charging a & then follow up with a melee combo when it hits. otherwise just be careful with you positioning and don't put yourself into situations where you're gonna get cut by the other player during your combos. you can change the camera during a melee string to make sure you aren't being fired upon.

You didn't even address all the other problems I had with the show yet which is mainly the boring fight scenes and slow padding that holds no tension. There's not really a point in watching a show if the first several episodes are a drag to watch through.

Honest question. What exactly describes a redditor or the average reddit poster? I'm thinking of a bunch of different type of posters but I can't come up with a solid description of one.

Nice, I have that same one too. I made the horrible mistake of breaking his hand while attaching the fingers. A horrible mistake I'll never make again.

Low quality posting, generally taking the popular opinion and running with it like it's word of god. Don't get me wrong there are anons here that are absolutely retarded.

As for the gelgoog, it's also painted. I'm a poor bastard so everything is done by hand. I've had to work hard at hiding brush strokes. I have a gouf I did that has a gloss finish and a falling apart G3 I actually had to mix some paints for to achieve the grays needed for it. Still proud of that one. Generally I'm proud of all my kits in one way.

What's it like having shit taste?

OVER THE FUCKING LINE

Sounds like the average 4chan post and I see that shit here as well. People who bandwagon on opinions and when called out they resort to using buzzwords and avoiding the topic at hand. Like I've found many people here say /a/ is shit and when asked why they do actually give their reasons. Except all their reasoning is stupid for the most part. Like getting banned for using buzzwords like moeshit (a word with no definition that only promotes shitposting) or how they say the board never talks about anything before 2000. Not only is that already not true but it also shows that they don't actually watch or read anything new (because it's all moeshit like how every game past 2004 is a AAA FPS) so they can only talk about anime from their childhood. Some of which, like Gundam Wing or DBZ, is pretty awful. At least Wing had great mobile suit designs and a great track to back it up.

I'm very casual when it comes to gunpla and I have a few still in boxes that need to be built. I have yet to actually paint any myself. It was Gundam Breaker 3 that got me into building one.

That's my point, I don't know what you're talking about - I never found the fight scenes boring or the show to be slow at any point.

People use the term "moe" to refer to things designed to inspire sexual arousal, so it's probably meant to dismiss shows based entirely around sex appeal, whether it be bombastic women, cutesy girls, or BL.

Not only are those people using the term wrong but that's not even the meaning. Moe is something that's endearing or worth protecting. People can find a sexy character moe when they see how flustered she gets from being kissed despite acting confident and knowledgeable about sex and relationships. You can find a small dog moe or the way Yukari's fluffy hair looks. It's not a term used for something sexual.

This is why people who say things like "moeshit" don't make any sense because it's like saying "I hate anything endearing." which sounds absolutely maddening. If they weren't trying to speak in buzzwords, they would say "I don't like shows about cute girls doing everyday things. I find it shallow and boring. Any recommendations? I like X, Y, and Z.". This actually promotes discussion though they would most likely be pointed to /rec/ who have answered this question plenty of times.

Also I don't think a woman can be bombastic. A woman's speech, poem, or essay can be bombastic. Bombastic is just being pretentious through the use of big words.

Not only are those people using the term wrong but that's not even the meaning. Moe is something that's endearing or worth protecting. People can find a sexy character moe when they see how flustered she gets from being kissed despite acting confident and knowledgeable about sex and relationships. You can find a small dog moe or the way Yukari's fluffy hair looks. It's not a term used for something sexual.

This is why people who say things like "moeshit" don't make any sense because it's like saying "I hate anything endearing." which sounds absolutely maddening. If they weren't trying to speak in buzzwords, they would say "I don't like shows about cute girls doing everyday things. I find it shallow and boring. Any recommendations? I like X, Y, and Z.". This actually promotes discussion though they would most likely be pointed to /rec/ who have answered this question plenty of times.

Also I don't think a woman can be bombastic. A woman's speech, poem, or essay can be bombastic. Bombastic is just being pretentious through the use of big words.

My post wouldn't appear for some reason.

Since this is the gundam thread I love when you find those moments in Gundam Online or any game where you and another player seem to synch and work together out of the blue. The nip behind my Zogok kept me alive in his Zaku Flipper and we sent every Feddie MS that came into the water packing

But that's wrong, OP.

I actually don't mind the first part of ZZ(aside from Moon Moon), because it's kind of cathartic when all these villains, who up until that point had been portrayed as goofy Saturday morning cartoon bad guys, start getting killed left and right. Also, sometimes it's fun just to see characters in comedic situations. It makes them feel like they have more dimensions when the serious stuff kicks in. That being said, pic related is unforgivable.

Wasn't it Zambot 3 is which got him that nickname?

That was the thing that annoyed me the most in Char's Counterattack. Bright's retarded son causes so much trouble including deliberately killing one of his own allies because of a girl and he never faces any consequences for it.

I should probably have said "bombshell" instead, as in tits and ass for days.

If it makes you feel better, in follow up materials Hathaway becomes a terrorist on the run and due to using a pseudonym eventually has his execution order signed by his own father.Which is what finally pushes Bright to retire from the military forever.

No, he got a different nickname from Zambot in part to his editing skills with stock footage.

The only change I noticed was more people impulse buying/unearthing old Wing kits and wondering why they sucked so much compared to the ones everyone else was posting. I didn't see any increase in much else. Bad painters have been around in the gunpla community since it first released, thanks to the whole "directly marketed to children" thing. The whole "every nerd has some old garbage made kit lying in their nostalgia chest" thing is big in Japan too, so there's not much change there.

Nah, fuck you ZEON man.

You're right. Everyone knows that OZ has the best suits.

I will never understand Leo dick sucking. Someone sexualize them.

Leos have that amazing military infantry aesthetic, like the Zaku, while also being very practical (for a mobile suit) and modular. They'd make an incredibly effective army if Gundams didn't have main character powers. They can also pull practically any look off.

OK, I do like that.

They have a single camera on a fixed head. I like how they look but they are in no way practical even for a mobile suit.

There's a fix for that problem.

A visor?

Considering the design of the cockpit, I'm pretty sure the yellow square isn't the only camera on the suit.

One of the most popular things about gendum models, much like other model kit-related hobbies, is presenting your work for others to stare at in awe shit on. Whether it's simply posting it on /m/ or entering the Gunpla Builders World Cup in your region / shithole of a third-world country (stop putting spikes all over your shit, Flipfags), there's something gratifying about having some random fag point at your super awesome Exia model's regular-ass vanilla paint work and going, "hey, that's all right, man." Even more when you can get criticism and tips on improving on your technique, making you that much better in the process.

Now imagine some fucktard named… oh, let's say "sekaidabes" or something, as an example–let's imagine this guy posting something akin to this beaut right here, and instead of taking whatever criticism to heart, however heavy-handed people may be, he just plugs his ears and goes "LA LA LA GUNPLA IS FREEDOM YAYAYAYAYAYAYA" and continues shitting up the place with nub-heavy snapped-together shit like that, all posed like they're dabbing or whatever normalfag shit is popular. These people take "Gunpla is Freedom™" and turn it into "you have to like the snapfag shit i post and if you tell me to improve you're a big meanie poopiehead" while drowning out less shitty posts, like dudes posting their first paint jobs and asking for people to tear into them for being so shit. Honestly makes going through gunpla threads a bit of a pain, even when /m/ is moving at a sub-glacial pace.

tl;dr: people want real-life Master Kawaguchi-tier (you)s without putting in the effort

It also honestly doesn't help that English-speaking people in the hobby are so goddamned thin-skinned that they took offense to a fanzine article telling them to actually put some work into their kits, like painting or seam removal.

Char was right, we need to wipe all human life from earth.

The blue horror was meant to be an obvious shitpost, IIRC. Still doesn't change the fact that people actually posted shit close to that and expected to get praised.

For the record, I always took the whole "genplu is freedums" mantra as, "yo, you don't have to stick with what you get in the box; experiment and have fun" and whatnot.

I was so glad when Katz died

The comedy was fine, it was just weird how they spent 10 episodes stuck on the same colony. I was also a little disappointed they ditched Yazan and never explained why, he made a good "Wiley Coyote," especially after seeing him as a serious villain in Zeta. Moon moon was a mistake. I think people who were scratching their head through the first few episodes were scared off by Moon Moon

Actually Yazan eventually returns to the federation under a different name, read the manga MSV-R Return of Johnny Ridden

Admittedly, I've never gotten into Gunpla myself due to not having the space or dexterity for it, but I guess I just don't see the appeal in taking a social angle with it for it's own sake? The criticism that can help you improve I get though.

Sounds like it's not so different from vidya after all then.

That's basically what was meant. The biggest expression of it in Try was when you had Sakai go and make a goddamn Eldoran in a world of militaristic Real-types and it was the best, Saikyou Kidou Tryon 3 needs to be it's own fucking show

How do you keep your cool during online fights where you get attacked very very aggressively?

Glad I'm not the only one who thought Katz was extremely annoying

I thought Katz was one of the more universally hated characters from Gundam. Not sure what gave you the impression you were alone there.

Experience is the only way to cure this. Blocking really helps especially against mobile suits like X1 or Epyon that have that whip to instantly knock you down. To make them less aggressive, you also need to punish them when they get close. I like using the Super Gundam to play defensively and aggressively at mid range.

wakeup invincibility is very strong and the attacker has to respect it. ideally your partner should be backing you up so getting rushed down too hard or 2v1'd should not be the norm. blocking keeps you locked down for about 20 frames iirc, so it should be a secondary priority to movement.

If someone's in your face an option is to get up, ascend, and move backwards without attacking, wakeup invulnerability ends if you attack or block. If your opponent has your back against the wall lock on to his teammate and go over the attacker's head instead of backwards.
Staying with your teammate is important and if you're separated you're at a disadvantage.

I'll give it a shot next time I run into a Psycho Zaku. I greatly underestimated how much ranged assault it could put out.

My one problem (aside from no G Gundam units) with Gundam Versus is a really aesthetic one…fucking Quattro!Char doesn't have his sunglasses on when piloting Hyaku Shiki.

That said I put money into one of the DLC suits because I wanted to see how Pale Rider operated since it was included in the game. It ain't terrible. I mean it's no Hot Scramble or X-1, but it's fun to play with.

I also have a bit of a problem with the aethetics. They're so plain and clean looking. Not Marvel vs Capcom Infinite levels where its actually offputting, but it certainly could have looked better.

It's not the plastic like you see in Gundam Breaker, but it's also not metallic and gritty like you would expect out of most mobile suits. I actually liked the look of Maxi Boost more than this game.

On a side note, no victory/defeat fanfare is pretty lame.

Oh no no, I do like the metallic look of the suits, that's neat-o. I was talking more about the UI and menus.

Also series specific victory/defeat themes when Bandai Namco?

I've been playing 1 vs 1 because I'm completely new to these games and don't want to subject others to my badness. Is this a mistake?

Also, is it just me or are melee suits really difficult to play? Any time I want to try out the Gouf or Gyan I get fucked. How do you approach without getting a face-full of beam rifle or countered?

The Gyan itself does come with a shield if you press R2 on a controller setup which blocks a fair amount of damage if you're not going against a ranged focused suit. Also 1v1 is OK, but you sure don't learn too much about partner and locking on strategy from it.

I enjoy the UI more than Full Boost. Mainly the circular points system at the to left. My problem is looking at the radar in the top right corner barely even helps because it's much better to just lock onto the other player and then lock back.

The game is based around 2v2 combat and learning how to play that is the best way to learn. Fight AI until you have a good understanding of movement. Especially on how not to burn out your boost all the time. I say lay off on melee suits until you have a good understanding of the game. You have to understand what other suits can do and how to move properly before you can melee well. Like trying to melee X1, Epyon, ZZ, and Deathsythe could be suicide if it's a good player.

As a melee suit. I usually hope around looking for openings and shooting when I want to make an opening. Gundam Exia is a good melee suit to start with IMO.

learning how to play with a partner/ manage damage, cost & burst are the most important aspects of the game. 1v1 is good for learning to hold your own in a skirmish which is a necessary part of your gameplan if you're gonna play a close range gundam like turn a or gouf custom but it also doesn't prepare you for dealing with incoming fire while in the midst of a melee
iktf but it's necessary to do so to become anything other than bad. try playing as a support & focus on fundamental stuff like positioning & landing punishment. playing from the back is a good way get used to the pace of the game and understand how to control space & capitalize on openings. covers the basics of that role

depends on the suit. turn a has good tools and a large melee range that make it easier. gyan & gouf are a little more gimmicky but they can be very strong if you utilize them well. gyan probably has the easiest approach b/c of the autoguard buff you can use. look up some videos of gyan & gouf and the approach will make a lot more sense. they're basically the closest thing versus has to a grappler in normal fighting games.

I've been playing 2v2 for a while now, I see what you guys meant. My usual tactic of zipping around at the speed of sound in Char's Zaku and making the enemy chase me doesn't really work when they decide to go fuck up my 500 cost partner instead.
That said, I think I overestimated my badness and underestimated others'. I'm not doing too poorly.

And I think my problem with melee is that I suck at sidestepping. Dodging being tied to the same thing as movement is really throwing me off - if I could press L3 or had a dedicated button instead I'd be fine.

Try hopping close to people and waiting for them to take their target off you. Staying close to your partner can also help with this. I'm rusty but I'm willing to play if you make a room.

Simple tinkle them with bullets as you close the gap, make use of assists and other weapons before getting into melee range

Now get a quick shot off to either stun or to get him to waste some frames on blocking before hammering him.

Truth be told I don't have the newest vs game and going off how I played NEXT PLUS and FULL BOOST as char's zaku and to be honest I preferred the NEXT PLUS version because of how deadly it felt.

BEST GvG SUITS

Gouf custom is fun

I hate it when just fighting the CPU.

The "it wasn't bad you just didn't get it" defense gets used on a lot of shitty anime. Reconguista was full of cringe and bullshit, they just slammed it out at high speed and hoped you were keeping up.

Now I remember why I hated Reconguistafags on /a/.

Don't worry they'll add them as DLC

Seriously though anyone got GvG FULL BOOST

Game of the year, all years.

So like is it coming to steam or not?

Jesus Christ how much of a no fun faggot do you have to be?

One day there might be enough PS4 games to make me consider buying a PS4 but this is definitely not one of them.

Anyone get a PS3 arcade stick working with Versus? There's an option for PS3 joysticks in the button settings, but my cheapo Qanba Q1 doesn't seem to work.

I gotta rewatch G Gundam. I waycjed ot back in the 90s and it was the 2nd gundam series I watched and it was not what I wanted at the time. Knowing now that it's a goofy kung fu anime with giant robots I might actually enjoy it.

my ps3 hitbox works with no issue. have you tried your stick with any other legacy support games?

Don't worry goy, they'll be added as individual DLC

Don't have any other legacy support games to test it with. Works on my PC though, and it did work for PS3.

Got a friend that owns Duty Fighter V or Skullgirls: Buy Our Shit a 3rd Time? Or a somewhat local fightans scene?

What do I do Holla Forums?

It's slow to start as in it takes maybe 7 episodes till it finishes setting up the main premise and introducing most of the primary characters, after that it's a pretty great ride.

Those first 7 or 8 episodes aren't bad by any means though.

Whoops, that was meant for

ground suits are really fun.

i guess since this is just sort of a general gunda/m/ thread now and /m/ is dead as fuck
i'll ask: should i finish zeta if i hated it up to Kilimanjaro? i was hopeful at first but the characters are all so bad and nothing that happens feels meaningful at all. it feels like i cant continue through the rest of UC without getting through it though

finish it, then watch ZZ

git gud

That's my gripe with every gundam series ever. You parrot them as le ebin realistic mecha series, when THOSE are actually just the mooks: while the gundams regularly mow them down with abandon, like superheroes (super robots I guess).

Get me a Gundam series which is 100% military with no room for ace pilots with magical equipment, and I'll watch it.

Could you stop being so retarded it hurts?

Disregarding wing and AUs where they throw gundams around like candy. Gundam types are typically high powered one off suits meant to test new technologies. Shit like the ground gundam is basically "spare parts for the gundam slapped on early type GMs" but then again 8th MS team shat all over the fact that before operation V happened the federation had NO mobile suits. The best you'd see were captured zakus. The gundam and the other V Project MS (Guntank and Guncannon) were pretty much the first results of the plan with actually roll out of GMs happening later.

During the failed invasion of Jaburo they rolled out the GMs en masse after finally getting their hands on the gundam's learning computer which helped the GM's performance immensely

What a waste of trips. I've been hearing the same excuse for 20 years: they're stronger because they were built stronger. Well then you just built a superhero, which no one over 16 can relate to.

Because they were, you're entire post tells me you've never watched the original MSG. Here's some highlights from the early episodes of the TV series

The entire point of the RX-78-2 was to test the concept of what the federation wanted to do with their MS, the final product, the GM is a scaled down version only slightly better than a zaku II.

You're very retarded, please stop posting. You defeated yourself with that alone.

Nigger, the Gelgoogs, the final production model of Zeon proper, had specs on par with the Gundam; the only reason they seemed to suck was by that point Zeon had no aces and was just throwing out people with little to no combat experience into a meat grinder.

That and a bunch of their aces died trying to go against the gundam. Some, like Ramba Ral got fucked by officers due to the faction strife between the zabi family

The Gundam you want to watch is 0800 because it's exactly that. No aces, no 00 tier mobile suits.

Saying that, what you're saying makes no sense. If there came a new tank that out which had armor so strong that most tanks at the time couldn't damage it with their weapons, then that tank would be a very large threat on the battlefield. That was the Gundam. The machine guns Zaku-IIs had at the time couldn't penetrate its armor meaning the only way to kill it was with a RPG or melee. Meanwhile the Gundam had a state of the art beam rifle which would one shot Zakus. When Amuro started off, he couldn't fight for shit and was very lucky plenty of times. With enough experience he became an ace.

What? That's exactly how shit works in reality. What are you even saying here? If you're saying people only win due to better mobile suits then that's just wrong. The Gundam was getting it's ass kicked by Char's Zaku-II simply because Char was an ace and Amuro wasn't. Barely anyone can pilot the Gelgoog because they don't have the experience to properly control it. Amuro even beat Char's Zeong despite the Zeong being a better mobile suit with a new type of weapon and suit design because he became a better pilot than him.

It would be better if you told us what Gundam you watched. I have a feeling it was Wing or 00.

Inclined to think that as well, the guy's only exposure to Gundam might be through wing.

eh, 0080 is good no doubt. But it's focus is less on the war and more on how civilians were during the war.

Char was right, though he should have dropped Fifth Luna over New York instead.

How about San Francisco? That'd work, right?

Who cares, remember it's only got coverage because it has a US release

Not to mention maxi and full boost both have a greater number of characters in their roster

This almost makes up for the lack of pilot interaction elsewhere.

How did anyone look at the G-Self and say "Oh yeah that's fine."

I miss NEXT PLUS' pilot interaction on stage load, not to mention on match start.

That being said I finally played arcade mode on FULL BOOST with Doan. He's alright, but my real gripe is the AI partners felt shit compared to NEXT PLUS where they feel like they're actually capable of doing things.

Considering it looks so much like the 00 that I honestly thought they were the same machine for a while, probably the same way anyone approved those designs.

Maybe they're just hosting rooms? Otherwise I might as well stick with JP players.

One thing that kills me about new players is that they have no clue when to run away or retreat. They always melee and are like a hundred HP away from losing the game. Yet they go in anyway and die. I've lost/won so many games like this.

That sounds like it makes up for less navigators compared to Full Boost/Maxi Boost.

I think I'm guilty of this, this game really discourages rushing down like I'm used to as Balrog in Street Fighter. I know it's possible in Gundam Versus, but it works far different than just punching really hard.

Think of it like SF. If the opponent gets a hard knockdown on you and is standing next to you, they have so many options compared to you. You can reversal headbutt, stand and throw, or block high/low. Usually low because that will come out faster than an overhead and you may be able to react to it.

In this game, if someone knows you down. You should just get up normally (net teching in a certain direction) and ascend. This will get rid of most people's homing and you're invincible for a second or two. After that you can find a safer place to boost too and then get back in the fight. Otherwise you're going to be knocked down again and may risk dying early.

There's a surprising high number of decent western players, some of them are legit newtypes.
Of course, you won't find them in casual matches.

I'd bet 25% of them use the Psycho Zaku. This thing feels almost unfair.

CREW BUFFS

I'm trying to rank up to start finding these players so I can get better too. Blowing through low ranks isn't a problem after playing for so long. Seems a lot of people don't know how to deal with Death Scythe. That, Strike Gundam, and Dom seem to be my best suits.

Just picked this up and I feel like I'm missing something here, combat just seems really slow and there doesnt seem much in terms of either customization or skill progress other that just unlocking bonus strikers and titles.

You will start off feeling like a brick on wheels where your moves will be sluggish and you'll constantly overheat. The game actually has a lot for you to learn but most of it is good decision making, positioning, and movement. Getting big damage combos is easy but knowing when to die, how to approach certain suits, and when to burst is something that separates the new players from the pros.

Watch these guys. Even though that guy is using one of the largest mobile suits in the game, he's still moving pretty damn fast.