ITT: Games everybody should play at least once

ITT: Games everybody should play at least once

Other urls found in this thread:

tcrf.net/Sonic_Adventure_DX:_Director's_Cut_(GameCube)/Changes_from_the_Dreamcast_Version
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fallout 4 and Skyrim

Definitely a must. It has it's problems, but it does so many things well everyone should play it.

FUCK OFF TODD!

pic related.

took me a minute to realize what game that was.

An excellent answer Anonymous! First post is the best post as they say.

sonic adventure 1, american dreamcast version(jp prolly works too) ON A DREAMCAST… for the atmosphere and feeling of the game, and the feeling of the console itself
the gamecube version just isn't the same
same goes for KH1, to a lesser extent; dunno about the rereleases though

>>>/todd/

what's wrong with the Gamecube version?

meant to reply to

they changed some of the fog for some of the zones to different colors, making the atmosphere a bit off; also it isn't on a dreamcast, which itself has its own feeling to it
the vmu adds a bit too

to clarify more, alot of textures and buildings and colors in alot of zones were changed
keep color theory in mind while you look through this page detailing the version differences, if you want
tcrf.net/Sonic_Adventure_DX:_Director's_Cut_(GameCube)/Changes_from_the_Dreamcast_Version
at least lost world was an improvement

The re-releases are superior to the original by mere grace of bonus content and even bonus scenes. The aesthetic hasn't really changed at all there's just more content, this goes doubly so for the KH2 re-release which added over a half dozen bosses.
Of course you should wait until they stop re-re-re-releasing the games though.

Pffffhahahaha.
No.

Nintendo's bad business decisions don't retroactively made good games bad.

Short but hype

Ich steh' auf diese ganze Scheiße!

Dark Souls so people stop being casuals and experience real hard gaming.

This game is the Genesis's answer to Mega Man X. It's outrageously good and I don't understand why it's not more popular.

Wow, what the tough guy.

STREETS of RAGE II

Neat. They definitely fluctuated between less and more work.

I do agree that people should play through skyrimjob at least once so they can properly understand why it's so emblematic of the systemic issues underlying the gaming industry.
And cos it's kinda fun in a mindless, empty way

So that everyone can learn about games that never quit being fun

With you on that. Hell of an action game with a unique manner of gameplay encouraging melee strikes when possible and throwing your buddy into the bosses when possible.

Leave.

More people need to experience the feeling of giving a Spanish villager a German suplex.
That's funny.

It's not hard though, just trial and error with good timing.

Then there's Alien Soldier for the Genesis made by the same guy who worked on Gunstar Heroes and largely made AS by himself as a passion project before he was nearing the deadlines and others had to be called in while cutting out a lot of stuff.

Despite that, Alien Soldier is the penultimate boss rush experience as it still holds the Guiness Record for most bosses in a video game. The game looks unbelievably good for a Genesis game and plays even better, where speedkilling is possible through not getting hit.

Also this fucking soundtrack

Well obviously you can't quit being fun if you never were in the first place

The Ace combat games preferably the ps2 ones

Does it count if I play Brutal or Project Burality or should it be vanilla vanilla?

Brutality*
Thanks phone

Source on the image?

It's good that you're trying to find the source on your own, but learn to IQDB as your first port of call. Jewgle often won't display proper results on images. Just passing information on; do the favor and pass knowledge of it on as well.

Shame the sequel is a broken mess.

vanilla vanilla or something like zdoom or chocolate doom

Accidentally clicked new reply before writing, why isn't there a Todd flag on this board?

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
It doesn't feel much like a final fantasy game but its good.

Game is overrated as all fuck. 5 stages, half of them suck, and it's full of questionable design one might expect to see in a Euroshmup. Not even remotely a must-play.

I played metal slugs for years in arcades, then I actually realised they had made ports for ps1 and ps2 and I was absolutely amazed
Good times

Why NetHack4? It was done by an impatient hack who shit on the original devteam's work

This tbh fam
The only qualm I have about vanilla NH's latest release is that item stashes are going bye-bye because E squares are no longer permanent when burned. Everything else is golden. And SlashEM is a better one off of NH.

Played the ps2 port. I was bored to tears, user. Hell, Max Payne 3 was more fun.

Gimmick, my personal 10/10

It's a japanese game though…

u wot m7?

Disgusting.

The PS1 version has more content, only downside are that they cut some frames of animation from character sprites because of RAM reasons.

Fixed. More content doesn't save it from being a slow bogged down censored port.

he's probably referring to the health bar and how you have to take hits

a good arcade game is designed where you don't have to take any damage if you're gud enough

Yes, that is what I am referring to. When you play on the higher difficulties at least Gunstar Heroes outright has some sections where you have to tank hits. If you don't know this ahead of time, you're essentially dead at an earlier segment if your health got too low only you never knew it. This is poor game design. That's not all though, you've also got crap like this.

Contra III and Hard Corps are much bigger must-plays from that time period than any of Treasure's overrated turds.

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. ESPECIALLY if you can find people to couch co-op it with.

You have to be sure you find the right port that isn't so riddled with bugs and glitches or lacking in essential features that it's a frustrating mess. I think that might be the Xbox version, all I know is that the PS2 and GCN versions are shit.

Failing that, there's always this.

GH is not an arcade game, it's a fucking console game. Calling it an "euroshmup" because it shares similarities to Turrican or whatever doesn't make it one, that's like saying that Anachronox is a JRPG.

Well there's your problem.

It doesn't really change much from the game being a story over gameplay slog.

Explain what you mean by story over gameplay, I've never heard anyone complain about that in MP1.

Also don't the console versions have a terrible fucking checkpoint system? I know the PS2 one did anyway, never touched the Xbox version.

Too many cutscenes and dialogue with the gameplay being flashy at first but utterly simple and repetitive.

GH has, at minimum, seven stages. Forest, Mine, Airport, Dice Board, Rooftops, Space, Space Station.

When does this happen?

There are a handful of animated cutscenes that are generally somewhat short, the comics that tell the bulk of the story are entirely skippable (there's even a big button at the bottom to do it).
What exactly is 'simple and repetitive'? Max Payne 1's fundamental gameplay, shooting niggers with guns, does indeed not change (it is, after all, a third person shooter) but it does get somewhat harder as it goes on and later enemies use better guns that require adapting your tactics. There are also various setpieces throughout involving things like simple puzzles, dodging moving obstacles, boss fights, vehicle fights and rare parts of sniping etc (standard fare to break up long stretches of shooting certainly but the game is not identical from the first level to the last). It's certainly no more repetitive than any other third person shooter I can think of.

This

My favorite game.
/thread
/thread
/thread

Then explain embed related

I've been farming coins for a while between petal burg and rogue port.
Hopefully I'll be prepared for the great tree in chapter two, because I always seem to fuck that up and just quit playing the game after that.
Solid game 10/10 would smell hooktail's feet

I don't know for certain if I could call it the pinnacle of TBTRPGs but it will always be my all time favorite game. Nothing compares except maybe Tactics Ogre but its just not the same.

Agreed, that game really had that magical je ne sais quoi about it. Also, good soundtrack.

Needs a sequel so badly.

What's the appeal of the Mario RPGs? SMRPG was great, but I've tried at least five hours of PM and SSS, and it all seems so incredibly dumbed down.

It still rose the bar for VN's ever since it was made and few, if any, VN's were capable of reaching it, let alone passing it. Truly memorable for all who have read/played it.

I will say that everyone should play the original Dos DOOM once, though. Gotta know your roots.

Super Metroid was the peak of Nintendo vidya tbh