Which alien space plague monster race is best?

Which alien space plague monster race is best?

The Flood

The Zerg Swarm

The Necromorphs

What is the better monster? both aesthetically and to play against?

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/ultimate-apocalypse-mod
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cravers

The best monster to fight against is the true reflection of humanity

Wrong board nigga. Where da good tyranid bibeo gemms?

Green is best.

Pic not related

what do you mean?

is there a nids board?

The Flood terrify me

well Holla Forums is a hivemind

The true reflections of a gay ass nigga πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

a gay one at that

What did he mean by this?

Obviously the most dangerous is the necromorph. For the flood and zerg we know they were created by chance. For the necromorph we have no idea if it was created by something or if its naturally occurring like humanity. What came first the marker or the moon? Also the necromorph cant be defeated and travels as a moon meaning its capable of interstellar travel if flung from a galaxy as a rogue planet. This means we cant know where the creature originates and its possible it came from another distant galaxy.

Demons count right?

terran scientists report that many kinds of zerg develop resistances to weaponry mid-battle

cuck

I would say Genestealer cults would be closer to a "plague" like creature.

Its strongly hinted that they are just the scattered parts of Yog Sothoth.

like, dude. Just, like, humans are the real monsters, man.

I like pic related, there's lots of variety in their enemy types throughout the series and I find them interesting both conceptually and visually.

This was one i disliked the changes of the most. First game is just 'early in WWII all of a sudden russia goes dark after finding something in tunguska then this race of humans turned into monsters showed up to stomp everyone' and over the games they just turned into zombie combine.

Step the fuck up

still nids

this user has taste.

Don't forget that nids infect worlds with microscopic forces like bacteria well before any invasion arrives, to weaken resistance.

How about the original bugs from Starship Troopers (inspiration for the nids) and the STMC (Space Terrifying Monster Crowd) from Gunbuster.

Who cares about infiltration method when you are the size of a planet?

Shit was alright.

highly classified ebonics.

so, they are the equivalent of Alien Mary Sue invading forces with a tad of poor writting?

Fucking kys you goddamn tumor.

Isn't that just Half Life 1/2?

Quit kneejerking to virtue signal you assravaged little cumsponge.

Keep guzzling the hivemind cum homeslice.

You didn't put Xenos in there because you knew that the thread would instantly end, didn't you?

You haven't seen covenant have you? Xenomorph is ruined forever man.

Half-Life has a similar concept, but not exactly. The Xen invasion of Earth was Nihilanth and his minions trying to escape the Combine, only to end up causing a great enough disturbance to have the Combine turn their attention towards Earth themselves and conduct their invasion 20 years later. Nihilanth's minions were the Vortigaunts that he had enslaved, so you could argue that he lost control of them after having them invade earth, but the "civil war" bit never happened.

Why are these aliens from Resistance wielding Halo weapons?

As long as you ignore anything made by 343, yea.

Didn't ruin the Alien for me

Halo ended after Reach (which shat all over the established lore of Reach anyway).

Oh sweet honey child
David/Fassbender just took a womans womb, soaked it in black goo and thats where the eggs come from and he used her hands to make facehuggers, xenomorphs arent ancient ayy monsters from the void but mutant human babies made by an android with daddy issues to take revenge on humans, xenomorphs by Alien are only around 100 years old as a species, they are just toxic masculinity and manchild narrative

Jesus christ that mouth is more unsettling than a normal Xeno mouth.

Zerg

Didn't you hear? the Flood are back, in pog form.

Starship Trooper bugs are just insectoid ayy lmaos that are highly intelligent and advanced technologically. They just really don't like humans and they come in big numbers.
Unless you're talikng the movie version.

Gunbuster's Space Monsters are a 10/10 pick though. Especially as seeing that they are the galaxy's immune response to intelligent lifeforms.

wew

i always hated the flood but maybe that's just because the library was such an awful level

Is it the most hated FPS level ever? I don't think anybody alive likes it. But the flood were neat.
Shame Destiny 2 has taken the flood 2.0 and made them into wierd clean lobsters after the mouldy mothmen of D1

How does that work?

Our life of simian excess is not one of wisdom user. Just look at jersey shore.

Those things aren't even the same species as us, user.

Ridley Scott really has hit new bottom. Then again, he wasn't the only ony one behind Alien universe.

i always had a thing for tiberium fauna.

God what trash

Are you fucking kidding me? Maybe he just wanted to kill the series.

he's just a director, Prometheus was the only ayyy film that he had any hand in shaping the screenplay, unfortunately it was a damon lindelof screenplay.

Yeah, the simplicity of the first one was nice. I did like the stuff mentioned in though, especially the civil war part. Maybe it's just because I love it when vidya puts the player in the middle of two enemies fighting eachother (like the first two chapters of MGS4 or a lot of open world games) but I thought the orderly vs feral chimera dynamic was really cool. I also liked how the later games showed you glimpses of the pure chimera's skeletons and their home planet to give you an idea of what they look like while still leaving room for imagination.

It's a fanmade picture, I just looked them up and grabbed the first picture I saw

This guy gets it. Orks are objectively the best plague race.

True gitz of taste.

Is every knew Halo game just going to be retconning Halo 2 and 3?

because i like starcraft more than i like halo or that other game that no one has ever played

Oh boy, you'll really hate the full origin then.

The flood used to be space gods. They were essentially the forerunners to the forerunners. They built of a bunch of space roads with psychic manipulation of reality and shit. Eventually they chose humans to be their successors, making the Forerunners assmad, and the precursors got genocide. The forerunners then devolved humanity.

After a while, things settled down and humans got to space again. At some point some ships floated in from outside the galaxy an shiet. Humans took the powder and fed it to their pets for a couple of centuries, and the powder mutated the animals into the Flood. They then invaded Forerunner space to escape, then the forerunners devolved them again. The flood war happened, humanity got the keys again and it turns out the flood were the precursors getting revenge.

Beast from homeworld cataclysm, organic infection that can mutate to interface with electronics and make "living ships" by fusing the infected crew with the vessel. also extragalactic IIRC

Firestorm added tons of cool stuff with tiberium on maps as well. Loved how you had maps with all of that green stuff growing off of cliff edges and even on top of lakes/rivers.

holy fuck that's awesome.
Ya know I had an idea for a species to use in something I wanna make. They're kinda like the Many from System Shock with my own flavor added on.

>the being that exists beyond the ultimate gate of our universe and while kind of a dick, doesn't really do much

Sure, why not.

Ot's nids. But also invisible prison zombies

The Flood and the Necromorphs have the most retarded backstories ever.
The most retarded hentai has a more sensible plot. Moving organic planets that spread depression? Hybernation by turning into POWDER?

Of the 3 Zerg wins by NOT BEING TOTALLY RETARDED.

As a kid I played Tiberian Sun and imagined that the world would actually look like that in the future. It fucking scared me especially after playing the first CnC and expecting more of the same

If any of you faggots don't say Nurgle you are clearly wrong

Again

No love for the Infested from Warframe?

Whilst not as fleshed out as the others, I still find them pretty cool as a sort of "Horror in Space" monster-type even if regular gameplay doesn't make them that scary.

Plus unlike the other alien plagues it can affect both flesh and machine, which makes even robots and such not safe from infection.

Heck they can even infect Artificial Intelligence things and take them over.

hibernation by turning into a powder makes some sense though

Naw, warframes were built to fight the sentients because the infested didn't do the trick, though even that purpose for the infested has no hard confirmation either
The frames themselves are also occasionally implied to be partially made of the infestation or something related to it

Fun fact: Giger actually wanted to design a Xenomorph with human female lips for Alien 3.

I like that, putting sexy looking parts on scary monsters, its disturbing but also arousing.

It's arousing but also arousing

It's scarousing.

Atomizing yourself to hibernate makes perfect sense. After all, when you're dead, you don't need sleep or oxygen!

I'm disappointed in you.

They aren't a plague species though. They're the fingers of an extra-dimensional cosmic horror beyond comprehension.

The infested aren't very scary in warframe though since you play as the tenno who are very well suited for inflicting massive genocide upon them

if you want to feel how powerful they actually are try playing as an unarmed space kid and see how long you last before you get hunted down and slaughtered

moddb.com/mods/ultimate-apocalypse-mod
And all of the Space Hulk games ever made.

Dark Falz.

Wiped out multiple planets and no one even knew anything was wrong.

Don't you mean fungus?

Shit, mang. That would have ,made the movie more interesting.

I just took it that the android had an ego the size of WY and while he THOUGHT he was making progress, he was actually just recreating the base creature the engineers had harvested the DNA from, which is genetically perfect to the point of being an invasive infection at the genetic level.

They had cool machines if anything.

I still want a spin-off game where you play from the viewpoint of a Grineer or Corpus Grunt, having to face the general horrors of the universe like the Infested, the Warframes, or the enemy faction.

He said Orz not orkz ya git.

Is there a single video game protagonist with a stronger blood lust than Doom Guy?

NoΒ 
_ _ _ _ _

This, tbh. Or the Necrophage from Endless Legend which might be related to the Cravers

Never heard of this game before

The zerg were very rarely shown as a plague species. They are so underdeveloped in that regard, they make the swarm and flood seem deep.

Wake up.

Very enlightening friend.

X parasites

They're definitely related. It's heavily implied that the necrophages are naturalized or primitive/"wild" cravers. This is suggested by the relationship between cravers and Endless, and Endless and Auriga. Auriga's confirmed to be an experiment world by the psychic fishfucks and much of the Endless anomalies.

Cravers are probably the most effective swarm alien since they mesh biology and mechanics seamlessly, create their own technology and come with a caste system that can be manipulated or easily modified to bioengineer new phenotypes. Being a creation of the endless, they necessarily begin in environments that spoonfeed them advanced biotechnology leftover from their makers. And, for all the tech, they're still efficient enough biologically to be regularly leaving worlds entirely barren and unliveable a la nids.

How much of a cuckold do you have to be to think that your species winning is somehow a bad thing?

Have you ever been around Human filth? Orkz would be better.

Filthy xeno scum projecting their value as a species onto Humanity as always.

For shame

Gotta do something with those degenerate humies.

Is any of the Space Hulk games any good? Which would you recommend?

Doubtful.

Xenomorphs and eggs existed before but David is optimizing the species. And making a queen…

Not even the X-COM like ones?

I WANT XENOS OFF MY PLANET

So use your head and explain the alien mural he and the crew find on the engineer ship then. A considerably long period of time before humanity became relevant in space.

Tyranids of course, they have sucesfully devoured multiple galaxies.

Anthrax and tetanus do this and fungi.

Those pistols trigger my /k/ autism

They're supposed to. None of those guns actually work for any reason in the Materium. Their belief in how well the guns work coaxes the Warp to make them function, or function for them, or something.

If it makes you feel any better, ork guns don't actually work.

Dey only work for orkz ya git kuz humies don't know howz ta use dem roight.

Really fucking cool idea, so sad that the games are in hands of EA.

To be honest I find that kind of cool. It's an eldritch abomination of literal fucking misery.

Hey that would be a cool idea, let's make a sci-fi where humans are treated as an invasive scary species.

But humans aren't scary by themselves, and anything we would be scary to would look stupid or weak to us.

This is the dumbest post I've had the misfortune of reading this month.

Who let the Digga in here

They shit all over their fucking lore with that movie. Xeno's were created by the David, which makes no fucking sense since in Prostheses during the part they find the black ooze you see a fucking mural of Aliens with Human DNA.emember Xeno's change in appearance depending on their host DNA Also Predators have been hunting Aliens for 10,000 years and keep Alien Queens around to bread xenos for sport

All of them are single-cell organism, you retard.

A multi-celular organism whose survival depends on organs cannot turn into powder. Anything that breaks down cellular connections breaks down organs - like the brain.
It is death, plain and simple.

Incorrect.
Their belief makes them work better than they should - it keeps them from falling apart or jamming - but the basic orc gun design still has all the basic necessary parts.

The orc gestalt field doesn't outright re-write reality, it nudges it.

Perhaps a bit of a chore but remotely attach engines/thrusters to the necromoon and divert into nearest sun for a win.

Granted that they're nightmarish and all but they're only really a problem if the attacked are unprepared, stupid or have no weapons, a well fed sentry gun is capable of keeping them at bay and if you've got alkaline flooring in you're golden.

Hold up you dumb nigger, endless autist here
Cravers and Necrophages are completely different. Necros are designed as a bioweapon by the concrete endless while the Cravers were designed by the virtual

That said, one may have certainly been influenced by the other in terms of design, but other than that there's no ties between them and the necros got iced along with everyone but the Vaulters when Auriga died

Halo has been retconning itself since Halo: CE. From a non-shitposting perspective, Halo: Reach was a pretty heavy retcon of the EU which was actually good until then.

Whoever wrote that needs telling that we'll need 100x plus the speed of light engines to get fucking anywhere worth a shit in decent time.

zerg are a ripoff of tyranids so just put tyranids next time

Zergs are the same, you know what it implies

But didn't the ork gods Gork, and Mork come into being when enough orks believed they were real?

If you actually read it to the end, you'll realize he's being a human supremacist.

Not vidya, but Phyrexians are my favorite parasitic alien life form.

In the warp, that is somewhat how things works.
Ork belief in "brutality and kunning" eventually coalesced into those two gods. Maybe.

That's Canon for sure, but I do think that the Cravers and the Necrophage are related.

I loved Resistance's "ww2 against aliens" setting. Part 2 was far worse than the first, and 3 was even worse than 2.

mtg backstory is such a huge turd holy fuck

Metroid lore is pretty neat, but only in how obtuse the games are about it. Would probably be just as boring as everything else if I had to sit through stupid voice acted cutscenes pretending it was fascinating while spelling it all out.