So is this what drives Swery to an hero?

So is this what drives Swery to an hero?
So Swery has started shilling his new idea fig.co/campaigns/the-good-life?type=tw which is being pushed around as 'english countryside deadly premonition meets professor layton.
Apparently its a 'debt paying life sim rpg' where at night everyone turns into cats. Because Swery.

But he is asking 1.5mil in an age where even the goodest of goys dont trust kickstarters and the like at all anymore. There is no way this makes its funding. The game seems neat and its always nice to get a 'held together with spit and string' swery em up game but this is never going to happen.

and after his crippling depression issues and attempted suicides before will this do him in?

In a world where Randy Pitchford, Todd Howard and Peter Molyneux are sound this idea disturbs me.

I hadn't heard about this yet. It looks kinda cool, not sure how I feel about the low-poly artstyle. Although I'm not sure how about I feel about his SWERYism comments on the page. It sounds like he's going out of his way to make games that appear counter-culture to appeal to people who want to something that they feel is "counter-culture." And to me that just feels cheap, like he's just using an aesthetic to sell games. I guess it doesn't really help that I hate the idea of a counter-culture anyway. Societies are too vast and varied to have a one, specific, counter-culture. There are many cultures, which are probably counter to other cultures and so on. So the idea of making and selling games with an aesthetic that is "counter-culture" just seems disingenuous and wrong.

For example, I loved the cast of Deadly Premonition. Like pic related says, Deadly Premonition does a great job in actually creating a diverse cast, some disabled, some sexual minorities (Nice newspeak. I know DP had a lesbian couple I think, whether they're minorities or not I think it's irrelevant), and they all felt like they could be actual people. They felt like real people because their "minority attributes" didn't take center stage, and their uniqueness as eccentric characters matched the offbeat tone of the game.

But this interview just makes it seem like he did it for "counter-culture", which just seems a lot less genuine than making a game that you want to make regardless of it's appeal to the mainstream, counter-culture, or otherwise.

I did a lot of rambling and idk if any of this actually makes sense.

I hope it fails

Now I know why this game doesn't sit well with me. Not only will this game be counter-culture garbo, it's also going to be derivative as fuck.

Isn't that just what every swery game already is?

I guess so, although I've only played DP and D4, and I didn't finish the latter because I hated the gameplay.

He should've have trusted Fig, I think his idea may have worked on Kickstarter however.

Wow it's leftist trash.

I domt trust swery anymore especially after how much hes fucked up with D4. Just another nippon dev that has gone to shit sadly I was hoping yoko would be the last.

RIP

Why do people use this scam platform?

I'm guessing it's notorious for being shit? I mean, kickstarter's already pretty hard to top.

Am I supposed to know who Swery is?
Did I miss something?

He is the chink who created the kusoge known as Deadly Premonition.

Guy who made deadly premonition and D4

Ah, oke sorry I didn't know.
Is all the sjw talk a joke or is he serious?

Ah, the same Ryan Payton who shat out that shitty pseudo stealth game Republique and shafted the original developers when releasing it on PC and PS4.

The game also has the director of the first 3 panzer dragoon games working on it, Yukio Futatsugi. I hope it is successful, but I think the atmosphere for crowd funding has ended.

I only played DP and thought it was total garbage, like a poor imitation of twin peaks without understanding anything about what made it good.

For some reason I'm not surprised he has mental issues and portrays it as normal in his works

Again, I wouldn't hold out hope for this considering who is "supervising" it.

what happens happens, but I do not see the game getting funding at all. Would ultimately rather see Futatsugi work with Sega on a new Panzer Dragoon.

This is going to be interesting to watch.

He is very serious

Who were the lesbians? I know there was the police guy that was a crossdresser, and i really didnt mind him tbh. Was it anna and becky?

Me too user. Sadly Sega doesn't want that, and all these legacy Japanese devs are stuck in the middle of failed Kikestarter projects. This honestly looks like it could wind up as another Untold Story.

I don't trust it just going by the aesthetic, looks like a pharmaceutical commercial aimed at balding numales or something.

That's an insult to rogaine

wasn't that shit incomplete forever?

how about you fucking finish D4 before doing something else you pretentious hipster cunt.

leaving your games unfinished is totally not
AVANT-GARDE

Swery is friends with Tim Schafer.

That's really all you need to know. They interact regularly and Schafer is probably poisoning him.

who in the fuck is swery

I wanna fuck the cat. I'm surprised I'm the first one to say that

Your kind isn't welcome here

If you looked into the drama surrounding him and the publishing company for D4. He was just a humongous fucking asshole that wouldn't quit the drinking habit that was fucking killing him and not finishing his work. They gave him months and years, but the company was still bankrolling his drinking habits that only continued to worsen his hypoglicema.
He's an asshole. And D4 will never have the ending it deserves.

I'd crowd her pussy

It deserves to fail based on that alone.

It's the platform Mr. Shitface made so he could scam 3.3 million dollars off of people again.

foreshadowing?

It's also got a few libtards working on it. Republique is one of the games said libtards made, and it was pretty cancerous despite being a neat concept No really, if you think a Resident Evil-like game in terms of controls and a mechanic that involves hacking into machines to change the camera view sounds cool, give it a pirate. I haven't finished it though so there's a good chance it has a shit ending, especially considering it's >EPISODIC
If you want to know how cancerous this probably will be in terms of leftist horseshit, they shilled Gone Homo in Republique. I shit you not. Never buy things on sale without doing research, lads.

That flag shouldn't be there, I'm retarded

>>>/4chan/

So it's a murder mystery about cats? Felidae did it better.

It'd be poetic if it wasn't the thing that was accelerating his hypoglycemia towards nuclear levels.
It reminds of artists that fucking drink themselves half to death while working on their projects. But here we have Swery going from alcoholic, to monk, to novelist, then ending up where he started with a new company he's rebranding himself with to make games.
TLDR; Swery is a clusterfuck of a man.

Why not just hire someone else?

Swery owns the IP, but he doesn't own the publishing rights. With how much he fucked Hellogames, they would make it hell for him to get his hands on the rights. So we're never going to see a D4 ending or continuation, if only by some miracle they hand it back to him.
Considering they also tried to force his hand on the drinking habit, he hates everyone there at the company. There is probably more management stuff he did to sink the ship.
Plus, if someone else took the mantle to finish D4 it wouldn't be a swery game. It's the same if you ripped MGS out from Kojimbo's hand and handed it off to some random wannabee. Shit's fucked.

Is there rule 34 yet?

Kill yourself furfag

I mean, MGR had barely any Kojimbo involvement after the original prototype and Platinum jusr outdid themselves. It was a better Metal Gear than anything after 3.

edgy

[citation needed]
I've never heard about Swery having a drinking problem. I hope you don't expect me to dig through Twitter feeds for this.

are you fucking dumb?

Pics or it didn't happen.

lol

That feel when Blair Dame all but confirmed for Arika's new game

literally check his twitter you fucking retard

So he posts pictures of himself drinking a lot. Kojima's posted roughly a million pictures of his food - that doesn't make him an overeater. I don't see any reason to treat this as more than rumour without some kind of testimony from a coworker.

Not the same thing

Do you never have beer or whisky with your food? I expected some juicy gossip but all I see is basic social media banality.