Is this worth playing? Give me the pro's and con's of it

Is this worth playing? Give me the pro's and con's of it.

I'd say it's fairly dated by today's standards.
Just skip it and go straight to it's spiritual successor: Undertale.

Dammit I was just about to say this.

Undertale looks more dated.

Its basically a "quirky" dragon quest in a modern setting.

It's a pretty average RPG. Mother 1's story was better, Mother 3's music and combat were better. You could potentially skip it and not miss anything between the two except for Porkey.

Pros:

Cons:

No it's not. It's overrated trash for manchildren.

Play something better like Chrono Trigger or SMRPG.

This nigger right here has some actual taste.

Seems about right.
There's a childlike whimsy to it. Whenever the atmosphere gets a little too dark or serious, it turns up the weirdness to maintain that innocence, and occasionally tones it down enough to hit an emotional note. All this is somehow stays coherent and consistent with the game world. The presentation and story are the main selling points. Everything else is functional, but unremarkable.
Mother 3 was more enjoyable but less memorable. I'm not sure how much GBA emulation has improved over the years, but the combat can get pretty fucky if you've got delay or slightly inconsistent timing in your inputs.

It's been a while since I've played either.

SMRPG was from when Mario games were still good.

Paula a cute.

It's charming, but with shit ass cookie cutter JRPG gameplay. Play on easy, so you can mash through that shit.

Don't talk about gameplay if you haven't even gone past the title screen to check that there is no easy mode

Fun game that doesn't take itself or its genre seriously at all for the most part, save for a short bit at the end that can be a little macabre. When I read that phrase back, it sounds like I could also be describing Undertale.

The unfortunate matter is that Earthbound, while innocuous on its own, has an unfathomably toxic and repulsive legacy both inside its franchise and out. It's probably the one game in the series that didn't stand on ceremony about being some "masterpiece," or tout itself as reinventing story telling in a RPG setting. It's just a fun game, caught in the acidic sea of the reputation that surrounds it, its brothers, and future admirer counterparts.

How the fuck is that a pro in a rpg? Get the fuck out with your 8 hour cinematic experiences you fucking casual nigger

Really? I remember there being one. I haven't played the game in like ten years though.

There's an easy mode hack for mother 1, it just doubles money and exp and halves the encounter rate. Mother 2 doesn't need an easy mode because it is already easy to begin with.

Listen, faggot. OP is on the fence about a game. Do you want me to say the game is 100 hours long if he isn't especially interested in playing the game? It's like you fucking retards don't think. Also, I have a job, so I don't have a lot of time to play video games anymore. That must not apply to you.

Back to Halo and Madden with you fuckbag

it's worth playing.
Pros: fun writing and story, no holding hands, unique/original
cons: outdated in small ways, but nothing you can't handle if you're not a casual, hipsters love it, but don't let hipsters and shit fanbases ruin your experience of a good game

Enjoy your kusoge, you NEET trash.