Is this as close to having a Half-Life movie we'll ever get?

Is this as close to having a Half-Life movie we'll ever get?

Other urls found in this thread:

escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168539-J-J-Abrams-Confirms-Half-Life-Movie-Teases-Official-Portal-Film-Announcement
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would you even want a movie based on a video game to begin with?

Why would you want a video game based on a movie?

why would you want a video game movie based on half-life of all things? The story in those games is just shit.

yeah its fucking boring tbh

ur mom didnt think my dick in her pussy was borning lmao

Fuck off, the ending was the worst thing about that movie.
Nigga's car ran out of fuel in the middle of shit, the 5 people were safe as long as they were in the car tough.
"You know what's a good idea?" Said the main character. "Lets kill everyone else, my child included without his consent, and then leave the car. Yolo!"
The second he puts sets his foot outside the car some military guys appear and fix everything.

No they fucking weren't, you absolute retard.
Everything was out to get them: from oversized spider shits to outrageously sized preying mantises.

It's like you didn't even watch the rest of the movie you absolute spastic

That describes how many films since the 50's?
While not necessarily aliens or from another dimension, there's still enough films dealing with similar instances such as, recently, the first Avengers film, Pacific Rim, and that's also the plot for the upcoming Monster Hunter film?
A.K.A. the "real" but uninteresting protagonist, the family man, and the guy having random trouble in life.

Sorry, but a Half-Life film sounds a bit cliche.

By that logic they should be dead before the gas even ran out. Those shitter's weren't slow and the car wasn't at max speed.
Nothing big bothered messing with the vehicle the entire time they were in it, even while it was moving like a living thing.
Smaller shit like the spiders and other flying insectoid things wouldn't be a problem either. as long as they kept quiet and semi hidden there.

The car wasn't an impenetrable fort, but it could've kept them safe enough to wait for some sort of help or miracle. Fucking people can survive for days without food or water, hope is the last one to die.

Fucking pussy ass nigga wimped out. I'd wait for something, even if it meant eventually starving to death. Not to mention emergency cannibalism.

It's brilliant though.

fast forward to the ending

It's supposed to strike you hard in the gut and rethink what you would do when it came to a survival scenario. If you're upset, the ending did its job. You can be butthurt about it or see the genius of it.

I liked the movie, just didn't think the main character goofed up so hard that it was outright disrespectful to the viewer. After all that he gone through he goes and does that? Fuck that guy he lost all the respect I could've had for him.

Also, it's been a long time, I don't even remember. How was the religious woman right?
I just remember her bullshit resulting in the death of innocent people and everyone becoming bloodthirsty psychos by the sheer power of her bullshit.

confirmed for knowing nothing about Half-Life.

passing a persuasion test doesn't necessarily mean you succeeded

No, this is
escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168539-J-J-Abrams-Confirms-Half-Life-Movie-Teases-Official-Portal-Film-Announcement

It was a matter of time until they were fucked from their perspective, they didn't want to face the horrible and very real possibility of seeing one and other die over the space of days, weeks, who knows how long in post apocalypse land, their life before was utterly gone and in that moment the future looks endlessly dire so getting out rather than being some thing's lunch is perfectly understandable, if not the choice you or I would make.

The best part of the ending was that you don't see it coming, the sudden subversion switch was perfect and shocking to the senses, it's what made a middling film with iffy CGI something of note, that people still talk about it is testament to that. Your starving cannibal ending takes too long.

I like the sudden OH SHI- ending.

The Mist Netflix series made me want to fucking kill myself, and I only saw one episode
Sage for not videogames

Considering the end of the movie, it sounds like mission accomplished.

Fucking Rambo is more like Half Life than that movie.

The black and white version makes it even better.

Why do we want a HL movie again? If focusing on Gordon, it would not only be stupid but impossible for a variety of reasons. If focusing on a civilian in city life, it would be boring. If focusing on a criminal or someone who escapes the city, I can guarantee it would be generic and cliche as fuck. If focusing on Black Mesa (which would be unlikely as Valve has moved on from that part of the series) then it might be alright if not from Gordon's perspective.

Wrong.

Nobody is surprised

itsdeadjim.jpeg

LOL

You can look at it like that, but even then is right in saying it's disrespectful to the viewer. Not because it's a tragic ending, though, but because it's not a real ending. When he kills his family and lives, it introduces a new conflict of him having to face the guilt of what he's done, but the movie ends before that can unfold, leaving the viewers with blue balls.

It's a horror movie. God forbid it leaves the viewer with a sense of unease. There's no "conflict" either since the major threat's been resolved. The point was that he made a logical decision over an emotional (just as he had been doing through the entire movie) by saving his family from a painful death and it fucked him in the end because he refused to put hope over deduction. The movie didn't need a satisfying ending, just a conclusive one that had a point. And I think it succeeded in that. Besides where was his character supposed to go after that? Therapy? Questioning? Yea that's sure riveting.

You can't tell a proper story in two hours.

You can tell a proper story in five minutes, fuck off with your arbitrary shit you psuedo-intellectual faggot

She looks like a puppet from Land of Confusion Music Video

Man, I read that filename in her voice. She'd make a fine administrator. Though she'd be entirely unsympathetic, Breen at least has a dash of sympathy.

It could work as a throwback 80's action movie kind of thing. Half Life one always had that "one man against the world" Rambo/Die Hard kind of feel. They'd never make it like that though.

There are kids watching The Mist who think the religious nut was right? Wow.

Clinton is terrible, too bad we got something worse. On the plus side, Trump's drones are fun to beat up.

So you're supposed to be irrational instead of logical and collected. Are you aware that you're being a retard?

Yeah and all of that is refuted by the fuck is that shit goes back to normal because the military fixes it.
Read the actual short story its based on, none of that shit happens the ending is ambiguous and the group actually retains hope of surviving the new world.

The main theme wasn't the monsters being the threat but humans.
Humans killed more people in the book and movie then the monsters themself.

Literally everything she said would happen happened.

The guy that killed her ended up getting devoured by a monster himself. Those that live by the sword die by the sword.

No, this is the Half-life movie

>a board with

It might not be behind every post I dislike but it certainly is behind that one.
Save your subversion for people who'll buy it.

Because Doom and Postal are good.

mods are fags

so new and original

like what? all of them were going to die anyway because of the twist ending
did they actually need to sacrifice a person in order to save themselves?
the insect not killing her was coincidence and helped to fuel her power over the already panicked group
there is no true divinity in the Mist, the point was that a crazy person acted like she had all the answers, and that scared people will do anything in dire circumstances if they think it will help

Whats up with all the fucking threads talking about full file

Is this one of those (((viral marketing campaigns))) designed to keep you thinking about this fucking shit game?
*unzips SMG*
BRRRRRRRRT
*runs 5 seconds towards one of three SMG ammo refill crates*
BRRRRRRRRT
*masturbates furiously to a lack of guns in comparison to a game made with less funding and technology*
GOTY 14/88

*blocks your path*
Buy Skyrim.

It could be from the HECU's perspective during the Black Mesa incident.

Nobody here claims HL2 is better than HL1, and most claim that it's mediocre which it is

It's not conclusive if it doesn't conclude the final action of the protagonist. The ending didn't feel uneasy or horrifying, it felt unfinished. It had me wondering, "and then what?"

It's possible to make guilt resolution interesting. Oedipus cut out his own eyes and banished himself from his kingdom to atone for what he had done. I'd even say is he had been able to succeed in killing himself it would have been more conclusive than him living and cutting to the credits.

His final action was killing his family. What else was there for him to do besides bite a bullet or willingly live his life knowing he fucked up.
By what metric? The story was told, it was over. If it continued it would have dragged.

The problem with that is that if it went down that road it would have had nothing to do with the tone the film had already set. Like I said before, the point was realized. It didn't need to go beyond that and if it did it would have likely dragged the film down. Better to leave the audience with a simple ending than one that drags on and ties up lose ends that didn't matter.
And? Oedipus's story has nothing to do with the movie. And it's only satisfying because of the context of how the story was told.
He was already dead user Seeing what happened after would have been pointless.

ikr, that movie was so fucking
I'm watching the new series rn, but it pales in comparison

that's the point retard, they gave up hope just minutes of survival
whats is brilliant though is that from their perspective, everything was indeed fucked up