Why haven't VR companies made gloves with tracking dots on them to allow you to actually interact with the game world...

Why haven't VR companies made gloves with tracking dots on them to allow you to actually interact with the game world and not have to rely on fucking wagglin?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/a8KiT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why haven't you made a VR dick to go fuck yourself with

You're just increasing the amount of limbs you're waggling with gloves.

Have you considered the programming that involves?

You're right. Fuck innovation.

mocap dots aren't great, you'd want a nintendo power glove kind of thing to track the finger movement, plus positional tracking, plus gyroscopes and sensors to determine orientation. So… a joycon from the Switch or a Wiimote Plus duct taped to a power glove.

Because you're retarded, just like everybody who makes VR games and hardware, OP.

It's not innovation when it's a minor improvement to an already hardly feasible technology

Modern video games in a nutshell. Western publishers would rather spend billions in advertising terrible games than pony up the dough to actually make a high-quality product. They stopped competing, so they don't have to actually make a good game to get it to sell; they just have to make sure people know it exists.

Innovation is for faggots, apparently.

Try to remember that what he's referring to as innovation is a motion dot glove for VR gimmick games

virtual hand holding soon lads.

That's great and all but it has nothing to do with this thread. What OP wants is practically in the field of sci-fi and he thinks mocap allows for very high detail, real time, rendering of the location of every portion of something as detailed as a hand, and that it would be financially feasible to make this consumer grade hardware.

This isn't the same kind of stuff OP is talking about. If anything this stuff would be even more expensive.

Deliberately making obtuse tools for a task is not innovation.
Dipshit.

have you seen that massive power glove that basically applies force to your hand to shit you grab in VR and so?

Collision detection on an array of points isn't exactly hard, the trick is making the gloves provide real time resistance when collision is detected to simulate you are actually touching an object.

And he's right to wonder why they haven't developed it yet. A force feedback glove could offer way more than a simple controller with gestural commands.

Well, yeah; Sony and Microsoft tried retarded shit like Move and Kinect, and those fell through so clearly all innovation is a waste of time. QED.

Move and Kinect made the mistake of thinking people want to exist in their living room and wave their arms to play games. What we want is to project our consciousness and actions into the game world entirely. If you can't convince us we're somewhere else, you may as well just use a traditional controller.

Sorry, user, but it's going to feel uncomfortable as Hell when VR removes the sticks and replaces them with gloves that you cannot feel anything with. It'd be best to go find your local trap and learn to get along with her.

VR waifus are just a meme.

Some dude on /a/ just married his waifu in VR yesterday.

That's it, I'm fucking dead
I'm going to have a VR funeral

He apparently paid a voice actor $60 for that.

>>>/vir/ is dedd

LOL

I don't know, I'm not angry or cringing: I'm confused, but in a happy way. It's really been a long, long time since I was completely baffled but also positive about something on an anonymous imageboard.
God bless this user and his new wife.

threads still live
>>>/a/734090

is this real life

VRgluv - look it up

Rigid gauntlets with small buttons just above and below the tips of your fingers would probably do a better job at giving you enough finger control to do anything useful from gripping and manipulating to relatively complex hand gestures.
They'd have to be of high build quality and have at least six different size grades so they'd fit everyone's tiny baby or giant gorilla hands, though.
However they do it, it's a fun idea. I just don't see how they could make it economically worthwhile.

Innovation is only really (((useful))) if it turns a profit in this twisted world of ours, sadly.

Why hasn't anyone heard of this yet? Even better than shitty gloves is getting the hand motions without needing the gloves!

Daily reminder to link to hooktube rather than directly linking to youtube.

its being worked on you faggot, the problem is just that vr itself is barely affordable at this point and releasing another expensive gimicky piece of shit is pointless because no one will buy it.

Manlet island games are just as bad, just because they hide their mediocre gameplay behind fanboyism and sex appeal doesn't mean they any less of cash grabs

You need multiple cameras to record their positions don't you?

Good news! That tech is possible!
archive.is/a8KiT

Fucking minute just to get to the point fucking killyourself faggot.

Because not having something you can set on/off makes interacting with things needlessly complicated, not to mention having something to hold on to is much better for games that require you to have a weapon or other things. Makes it seem more realistic.

Innovation is a change in something that already exists.

It's literally an innovation.

You fucker.

Link isn't a trap. He's a manly dude who happens to be conventionally attractive. He has no reason to be in that group.

Goddamnit.

Kill yourself faggot

YOU GOYIM SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS

There was a really cool Japanese tech that had 360 air jets around your hand. Hundreds of tiny jets.
They blow air on your hand at such fine detail that you feel objects resist you when you touch them virtually.
It was a stationary box similar to a hand dryer though, so its not exactly consumer ready tech.

Some swedish scientist is making a simple device you latch on to your hand. It tracks movements of your hands right down to the fingers. He's designing it as a virtual keyboard kind of thing though but I think it'd be real easy to adapt into vidya considering mouse and keyboard is a thing.