Bought GTAIII on ps2 for $2 on garage sale

What the fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

fiercewireless.com/wireless/timeline-apple-iphone-rumors-1999-present
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

R* was trying to warn us and we laughed it off as a joke.

its old stuff really, just 90s conspiracy theories and shit. GTA 3 was a great game and I think it gets overshadowed by vice city and SA too much. I love the modern setting of GTA 3. Not even modern, just that early 2000's setting. It feels very nostalgic at this point.

R* was trying to warn us and we laughed it off as a joke.

also here's a timeline of the original iphone rumors.

fiercewireless.com/wireless/timeline-apple-iphone-rumors-1999-present

started in 1999 and everyone thought it would be a PDA.

That doesn't explain how you could browse the internet while driving in 2002 though. Did they recently release new versions of GTA III for the ps2?

the internet was a massive X factor in everything at the time.

Niggers used to live in cars back in the 00s
I want to go back, most shit after 2007 and the crisis/recession has been fucking bad

>(((Coincidences)))

Internet phones were a thing then.

I started my second year of college with this piece of shit in 2002.

We had internet enabled devices at the time youngfag. Early cell phones allowed for browsing the internet but PDAs were already incredibly common at that time. We used to go out wardriving finding all the open WiFi hotspots back then. Not to mention laptops and Blackberries. I can't remember when but Blackberry phones were the in-thing there for awhile in the early 00s.

When the game was developed though the most common kind of phone was the classic Nokia style of phones. I remember coming home from recruit training in August of 2002 and buying what, if I'm not mistaken, was the very first Sprint phone to have a color screen. When GTA III was actually in development everyone would've just had black and white(or green and black I guess) shitty ass, no feature cell phones. A Scientific Calculator basically had more functionality than a cell phone back then, that's what people would use in school at least to play video games during class.

Fuck, that reminds me. Blackberry actually their chink masters at TCL have made a new phone I think, and it runs Android or some shit, pic related

Keep in mind that, for quite a while, the US&A were the Bumfukistan of phones. Your shitty carriers wanted to remove advanced features to sell separately, Nokia wouldn't compromise, so they got cockblocked. That's why the iPhone was such a hit there: it was advanced next to the cheap old junk you were sold, but the rest of the world was not so easily impressed.

In some respects, we still are the bumfuckistan of mobile phones. India gets a better version of that Blackberry android monstrosity than the USA.
t. burger

If you use a phone for anything but making calls, you're a fucking nigger.

i had one of their last non android phones, a z30 and it was actually pretty good for a memephone

What about texts

wtf i love rockstar now

Why have the letters z and y switched places?

Because it has a QWERTZ keyboard. It's some sort of foreign thing.

That was only 15 years ago, dude. Is this supposed to be some big revelation?

the NSA trying to spy on your personal data was a worry in the computer world since the clinton era, long before normalfags like you had to have some dipshit contractor spoon feed it to you

Same here. The early 2000s were the tail-end of the 90s and shit was comfy as fuck.

Everyone knew back then.

send letters.

Why are people consistently ignoring the existence of Blackberries and thinking iPhones revolutionized ANY FUCKING THING. Even gooks copied Blackberries before Apple did so they're not even the first at plagiary.

That's been around for a while now. There was the Virtual Boy. I also played Rise of the Triad using a VR headset in the 90s.

This. Same thing with Faceberg. What the fuck is MySpace.

QWERTZ is the standard in Central Europe and Eastern Europe, Germany and Switzerland are the cutoff point between where QWERTY usage ends and QWERTZ usage begins, anything east of them uses QWERTZ

Just play it on PC you underaged retard.
Also that stuff has been common knowledge for a long time.

GTA 3's Chatterbox FM featured more biting satire about technology in 45 minutes, than GTA V could feature over the course of a 50 hour game. The House of Tomorrow ad is fantastic, as is the part about citizens against phones in favor of carrier pigeons (watch Ghost Dog by Jim Jarmusch).

The humour and tone of the later games just feels completely lacking in comparison.

You mean a 5 hour game and most of that is cutscenes and loading screens.
Man I'm glad I didn't pay for that shitfest.

A slow buggy piece of shit website.
People ditched it because it because such a piece of shit website to use.

Kikebook atleast had the sense to not let users put custom code on their profile page.

People ignore blackberries because practically no-one had one except for businessmen.
It was allways marketed as a device for business.

The iPhone on the other hand was specifically marked as the device for everyone.
Because it was such a simplistic device, it was easy for the general public to adpot it.

Gay

Anyone ever think about how the early 2000's are just an extension of the 90's?
I miss it, it was such a surreal time. I wish I could be a child forever and still feel wonder. I just pick everything apart now.

Get diabeetus, gramps.

I do. Shit was so comfy. The 2007 came and ruined everything.

GTA III had the best main theme out of all other GTAs and this is a fact.

^This.

My current pc keyboard is qwerty with Cyrilics on the bottom but my older phone uses qwertz as a layout. It's confusing. Current one seems to use either standard uk or standard us layouts.

That was before rs wasn't completely cucked.

Yeah, some even use both, I know when I worked in Hungary that some keyboards had QWERTY, but most had QWERTZ. When it comes to countries that use exclusively QWERTZ it's a line from Germany all the way down to Macedonia I think, all other countries east from that line may use either but prefer QWERTZ

From a technical perspective: SA > VC > III
My personal favorites: VC > III > SA

Vice City is my favorite GTA game because of it's setting and atmosphere, the 80's is just timeless. III has that early 90's and techno feel going for it.

SA feels depressing or dull, with all that brown bloom. The first half is a good Crips vs Bloods simulator but then the story takes a huge nose dive and suddenly CJ becomes Indiana Jones.

SA has a LOT of shitty missions and pointless gimmicks. It's really overrated. I'd rank it under every GTA except 1, 2, and probably V.

OG Loc is fucking gold though, can't deny that.

Its a joke nigger its like when people say we'll eventually be driving flying cars

tfw its been 40 years since gta first came out

You could browse the web on a Nokia communicator while driving a car if you so wished even before GTA 3 came out, it was in 2000 I think. And even before that you could browse the web via WAP, which was a very basic and usually a text version of web pages even before that.

Driving a flying craft is impossible.

damn, that looks fine.

where does time go?

Hilarious fellow memers

If you use computers for anything other than browsing the internet, emails, and spreadsheets you’re a fucking nigger

Just what year do you think you inhabit, my fellow user?

Why the [CURRENT YEAR] of course!

i don't know how to break it to you, user, but we're living in [CURRENT YEAR]+2 already

The only thing myspace allowed was custom css and putting embeds in.
Now you've got jewcrook that filters dissenting opinion and labels "non-verified" news sites as fake news, and profiles are entirely sanitized by not allowing users to add their own flair.

Also in 2003-2004 there was pocketPCs running windows CE, they had bluetooth and wifi capability, could browse the internet hell you could even browse imageboards with it, they could play music and video (albeit at a really fucking low resolution), and you could do fucking spreadsheets on them, or type up documents with their butterfly-fold out keyboard dock.

OR touchscreens in general, nobody gave a shit when ibm came out with a laptop that had a swivel touch screen because it ran windows xp, but then steve jobs was like "LOOK AT THIS SHINY PIECE OF SHIT TABLET WITH A TOUCHSCREEN, IT'S NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE"

OH YEAH, and the computer watch WAS A THING TOO, made by IBM and had nearly identical controls and function to the apple watch, but nobody gave a shit back then because it was expensive and not that useful or easy to use.

The '90s were a decade that lasted from 1992 to 2001.