'Doom on Switch' Runs at 30FPS, Multiplayer Download is 9 GB

So why bother bringing it to the system at all? This is like making Devil May Cry and Mario Kart 30FPS, Just lower the goddamn resolution to 540p so the damn game can run better. The worst part of all of this is that Casuals and Console Warrior Faggots will eat this shit up. I fucking hate the western video games industry.

archive.is/fa60V

Blame Bethesda for poorly optimizing their shit

Bethesda is desperate and Nintendo is probably paying them big money.

That was the frame rate of the reboot initially.

There you go, you answered your own question. Unlike the Wii and Wii U, this thing can surprisingly at least run, albeit shittily.

You bet fanboys starved for ports from the other guys are gonna lap this the fuck up

The original PC version of Doom ran at 35 FPS for comparison

What was the last japanese game that ran at 60? And the switch is a japanese console. Why do you specify the west?

It was the framerate on consoles, but let's not talk about that abomination.

Optimization is a lost art, however I think this is the fault of having a 10% better resolution instead of a fluid 60FPS. 30FPS shouldn't be acceptable in this day and age, it is a compromise for turn based RPGs that don't require real time action movements.

The newest Japanese PC game that ran at 60 fps in 4k that I've played was Trails of Cold Steel the Hedgeheg. There aren't many releases that get this wrong anymore, especially compared to 2 years ago,

ARMS?

Yeah, but it's just a shame that developers both Japanese and Western (sorry c174eb) use this shitty compromise just for some sharper visuals at the cost of gameplay.

Ace Combat 7

Lookie here, my pussy.

fuck you

This has nothing to do with "optimization", and console "optimization" is literally just turning down the settings and seeing what they can get away with fucking with LOD to maintain a "playable" framerate, and then obfuscating all of those settings so consolecucks can't get to them.

weebs confirmed for brain damaged

Sure thing

Apparently Bethesda is the whole Western vidya industry.
Seriously, East vs West posters are console war tier and should be banned like console warriors.

that kinda invalidates the whole thing, and this is the switch we're talking about.

Does it?

Is that out?

True

I know this is you Boardkike
At least you aren't defending this garbage, but the fact that you were happy for a Beth game just because it was on the Switch still makes you retard.

They're right, you know.

What's wrong with games running at 30fps?

I was never "happy" for the game, I just wanted an FPS to play when on the train. I always played the sceptic for this title.

It fucks with the gameplay and ruins the experience of all action games that go above a snail's pace

was it the twitter that gave it away or that I stole that user's image during the birthday thread.

No, but it will be.

and yes ARMs runs at 60FPS.

What's wrong with (((cinematic))) 24fps?
What's wrong with 20fps?
What's wrong with 15fps?

Fuckoff Cody

Its shit, and only turn based shit can be excusable for it.

Stop being Tsundere about it

Also, this East vs West shit needs to fucking stop

I was going to ask "how the fuck do you make doom run at 30FPS in this day and age? my sansa clip+ runs it at that framerate, if not more."
But then I remembered there's a modern doom.
I don't like the future.

Well regardless, I'm not even gonna bother now unless they pull a bomberman or something.

It's nowhere near as bad as the console war shit, but I suppose you're right. With that said I would like to discuss the flaws of both.

You're playing it on a console, who gives a fuck?
The point is having the novelty of playing it on the go you absolute retards

Also Mark is in this thread

Wait a fucking second, if OP is mark, then mark is an east v west shitposting faggot. I knew you were a nintoddler and kike, but come the fuck on you cocksucking nigger.

The last thing I want when I'm away from civilization is the reminder that there are now more shitty Doom games than good ones.

Of what?

But Doom RPG wasn't shit

come on now

both the western and eastern video games industries.

I agree with you though, 30FPS is unacceptable.

Even worse, he's the kind of faggot who likes to Capitalize random words to show how Important they are.

You can absolutely have portable Doom run at 60fps on a laptop.

I like how i have screen tearing at 60 fps one.

DOOM or Doom?

Both
The game is well optimised.

does it even make a difference?
half the game is cutscenes and the enemies are few and slow as molasses.
i can't disagree with that, it doesn't really seem like something that anyone with sense will buy

Being completely sincere right now when I say that everyone knew this.

Well, yeah, that's the novelty aspect.

That's a little much.

It's an FPS, it absolutely makes a difference.

Fewer than original Doom, not few.
They're precisely faster than original Doom because they're fewer.

I bet you two fags haven't even played the game and have spent the week following its release shitposting here.
New Doom is okay, better than most other triple A trash released today either way.

If the game only shows half the frames per second it takes twice as long to beat, you're getting double the game without paying double. That's 50% off which is also half price. Keep crying Master Chief and Kratos, Mario wins again.

lying doesn't make a bait, user.
i made the mistake of pirating nudoom, the enemies are all horribly slow and the killing animations are annoying.
thankfully i can still play doom 2 and remember better days.

Nah, you can't.
That is unless you put everything at minimum and scale the resolution down to 50%.

I don't know what game you played but the monkey like Imp is fast and climbs on stuff, while the Baron charges at you like a rugby player

That's already more than the Switch offers, and at a higher framerate. laptops with GTX 860M can run it at 60fps on 1366 x 768

Do you genuinely believe that's an accomplishment?

That is not very impressive at all man.

God yes, have you seen the state of the industry? I'm amazed this wasn't "how do you do fellow 90s kids"-tier honestly

it was still irritatingly bad. the rise of the triad remake was not good, but it at least kept most of the fun parts from the original.

Its better than nothing faggot.

I don't know nor care what standards you have to be impressed, my point is portable Doom is accessible outside of the Switch

Exactly
So play it somewhere else if you gotta play it

I just don't get the drama or being mad about this

Honey, I know this.
I was referring to the Youtube comment that made a big deal about Doom a Switch when it runs better on other portable stuff.

But it doesn't

Are you retarded?
1366 x 768 60fps > 720p at most (variable resolution) 30fps capped

Nigger just saying resolution doesn't mean anything
Of course you can get the settings low enough to run on a piece of trash, but consoles are different than that.
Zenimax wouldn't want a bad looking game because people wouldn't buy it, you can't just boil every single issue to the most simple aspect and expect it to make sense.

I don't give a fuck. Wake me when a good game is released.

Why do you think it runs at ultra on 720p, faggot?

The fuck does this even mean
If it runs at ultra on 720p and can keep a 30fps then goddamn good on them

God, you're this retarded.
I'm saying it runs at medium settings at most, with reduced texture quality among other compromises, at the same resolution or worse than a laptop, at half the fps.

Heres a quick brief amount of + and - aren't a rating system and don't hold any weight, I like games from both regions alike while I'm saddened about what Western is turning into

-SJWs
-Triple A shit
+Indieshit that tries something different
+AA full of top tier Genres
+Doesn't pander to mobileshit as much
+Promotes community content

+Bigger ttitles are btter than AAA trash
+No SJWs so less cuckshit even if censorship can still exist
-Less genres, even in doujin titles
-Pander to mobileshit
-Even in AA and doujin most just rerelease the same stagnant titles
-Doesn't promote community content

Its still a shit game

Mediocre as shit, Titanfall 2 was the superior game in every way and that shit was like 4-6 hours long.

Sure smells like cuckchan in here

let's kill community content by making paid mods a thing and stopping people from building on otherwise open frameworks.

It doesn't.
I played it on the exact same fucking hardware you say since i was testing out gayman laptops and it fucking doesn't.
Not to mention I would hardly call an Alienware laptop something you can take on "on the go", when it weighs 5 kilos and a full backpack to lug around.

The shill's grammar is deteriorating in real time. Keep it up.

Then say that from the start. It may have been the CPU, as it was reported to run decent with a 4700MQ

I have been saying that from the start, you're the one faggot that's been saying that it runs great on laptops

As do I, which is why I critique it so much. Same with Smash Bros.

With that said, the west doesn't seem to promote community content as much as pointed out by additionally I'd argue that not all indieshit is good and most of it are walking sims and pixelated. On occasion you get something great like Cuphead and Shantae, but those are a dime in a dozen.

This is the first time you say you say you tested with that hardware. Sage because this is dumb

No, lurk more

True, but you can make the argument that AAA shit in general discourages community made content.

I never said all indieshit was good, as a matter of fact, a huge chunk of it is SJW shit.
But they do try to do some new shit and updated old shit Like Undertale :^) alike

And what Japanese games had mod support until Firepro and Final Fantasy XV which is pretty much western pushed it?
RPG Maker?

true enough, I'll give you that

GIVE IT BACK

Honestly, if one want bigger budget titles you go Japanese, theres no questioning that.
Western AAA is indeed trash Otherwise theres plenty of good titles on both regions, AA and indie.

Not until you tell me her name.

Actually DOOT was pretty well optimized, specially compared to other games released in 2016. It's not MGSV levels of optimization, but it's still remarkable for Bethesda of all companies.

Also, you have noticed that the board is being flooded by newfags, right?
Its been getting pretty bad shitpost wise lately, more than usual.

Still better than the Switch

I played through senran kagura at 10fps or whatever framerate it has on 3ds. It's nintendo. It's going to run like shit.

Honestly I shouldn't be surprised.

I NEED IT FOR MY DICK

WHO IS THIS SEMON DEMON?

Yeah, and I deal with them as soon as they're reported. Sometimes they're just faggots, best to bully them.

Mark pls.

First two dooms ran at 35 FPS and it was just fine.

If you're Mark why the fuck are you using Arabian English?

The switch has shitty hardware, news at 11. To be honest though, nobody should be buying a switch to play fucking Doom. Nintendo exclusives and local co-op where/whenever you want are the only reasons to get it.

PSO2 on Switch will also be 30 fps.

30 is also the number of seconds of input lag you'll experience.

That's something that happened to me in La Tale so I believe it.

Vanquish runs at arbitrary framerates, I play at 144hz

Boku no Waifu

Nier Automata, Yakuza Zero, Yakuza Kiwami, Sanic.

Sanic Forces is gonna be 30FPS on Switch

Mark my words

Wrong! Xbox and PS4 versions of the game are more or less exactly the same as the PC version. The Switch version is inferior to all of them.

So PS4 version can run it at 4k @ 144fps?
Cool.

Console war bans are just to protect Mark's feelings.

Jaguar (First pic) and 32X (Second pic) were the first two console version of the game, smart-ass. Both of them released within the same week, meanwhile the SNES version was two years later (And required a customized engine).

Nah, it's because console wars are cancer

It is poorly optimized. Looks like shit while running like shit too.

This is your idea of a good looking game?
The game hides how horrible the texture work is for a 2016 game by this shitty depth of field effect and this ever present blur. It looks like you are playing through a low bitrate youtube video. Not to mention this awful FOV.

Speaking of optimization. I tried running the game on a 750ti. None of the settings actually matter. The game runs at 22FPS even on the lowest settings at 720p. For reference, the same system can run Witcher 3, Dying Light and Dark souls 3 above 30FPS on medium to high settings.
Doom has worse texture work than both Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3.

fucking look at this shit

That looks like a cleaned up version of the Cairo Station from Halo 2.

First pic reminds me of F.3.A.R. for some reason, meanwhile the second pic brings me back to the previous reply.

My friend you might not know this, but kono is a graphics whore, he doesn't give a shit about framerate.

Sure when it's just fanboy faggotry and shit flinging, but catching a ban for legitimate criticism of a company being shitty happens more often than not. I talk shit about all the console manufacturers regularly, but I only catch bans for talking shit about nutendo.

nudoom only has a few enemies onscreen at a time. i would say more they aimed low and hit their target

there's no point in lying, people can just go actually look at footage of the game

Nioh.

How does it feel to let new consoles marketing shape your entire worldview?

but it alredy runs in 540p

Hell the PS4 version even drops smoke and lighting effects at certain distances. Lets not forget that shadow and texture quality in general

The screen stuttering of 30fps is straight up unbearable to me. It doesn't matter as much in JRPGs or Turn Based games, but anything involving camera movement must have 60 fps at the bare minimum.

There is a PC version so I have hope. Unfortunately, for some reason there are a few Japanese devs that still sync everything to a single framerate, resulting in massive speedup if you try to get around it.

you do know that just because a game runs well at platform x doesn't mean they won't fuck up the port for platform y, right? or are we going to forget when console ports to pc have abysmal performance on pc because the devs were retarded?

Remember to sage and subscribe.

He made the thread.

The background of the text on his shirt is a shirt

You know what else ran for 3+ hours straight? Gameboy.

These people don't even know what frames are, do they?

Who cares?

I mean yeah, 30fps is a shit, especially for Doom, but did anyone actually expect the Switch to do 60?

That was confirmed months ago user, you don't need to mark anything.

This entire thread hurts my brain cells

Nintencucks and Bethasdrones are a sad lot.

You're a retard.

That's only true if it actually sells. The nintendo audience isn't the type to want this game at all. And before you try to use Skyrim as justification of your assumptions, keep in mind its bizarre popularity is almost transcendent in the way Minecraft is.

what did he mean by this?

this has to be bait

lol what a gay!

Oh I'm laffing

Nigger please
Sounds like a faggot that has never modded anything in his life to improve upon a game
Time to stop posting user
Do you also think shit like Dark Souls is AAA?
The first one anyway

Switch sold better than Xbone

They also had to downgrade the game below the lowest available settings on PC.

Even worse, they care about the consolecuck version of an already shit game.
When you take out upboats I don't know the difference between Holla Forums and reddit at this point.

Doom 3 is better than nudoom. Prove me wrong.